Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,147 members, 7,887,336 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:59 AM

Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions (33451 Views)

Thanks For Finding Me Worthy’, Gbajabiamila Tells Tinubu After CoS Appointment / Obidients, Thanks For Making Tinubu President! / Presidency Reacts To EU Submissions On 2019 Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by SocialJustice: 1:25am On May 20, 2020
Mystiquefia:

pardon my ignorance, was it olu or Nana Of Itsekiri?
I'm not itsekiri and can't clarify that. The period when Nana was alive though, the reigning Olu's name is omitted on Wikipedia. It is a person conversant with direct itsekiri history that can answer this.
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by emeh5(m): 1:26am On May 20, 2020
30% Discount for the first 10 people

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by SocialJustice: 1:29am On May 20, 2020
forgiveness:

Warri city existed long before the creation of Nigeria. It was Olu of Warri before British took over the kingdom. Records of Letters from foreign kings addressing Olu as King of Warri are all over the internet.
Not in dispute but not this modern Warri city rather the main Warri itself, I think the one they call big warri. You can't be king of a city where there are other tribes and Kings. Agbassa Urhobo are in Warri and have their Kings. Ijaws also have their Kings in Warri.
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by SocialJustice: 1:29am On May 20, 2020
emeh5:
30% Discount for the first 10 people
Go sleep jare.
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by SocialJustice: 1:31am On May 20, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Ishekiri actually demanded it

They started demanding it from the colonial period at about the 1930s but the British preferred Olu of Iwerre instead.

When they proposed it to Awolowo, he saw them as his ijebu brothers and gave it to them.

It's on record that Awolowo last visit was to Warri to see the Olu before his death.

The title so angered the Ijaws and Uhrobo that it became the background to the eventually reason they supported the creation of a Midwest region.

Yeah I know Awolowo changed the name to Olu of Warri but haven't bothered researching the history before the 50s.
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by forgiveness: 1:34am On May 20, 2020
Mystiquefia:

Not Olu Of warri bros, the title used to be known as the Nana of itsekiri

Have heard about Kingdom of Warri?
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by forgiveness: 1:35am On May 20, 2020
SocialJustice:
Not in dispute but not this modern Warri city rather the main Warri itself, I think the one they call big warri. You can't be king of a city where there are other tribes and Kings. Agbassa Urhobo are in Warri and have their Kings. Ijaws also have their Kings in Warri.

But the whole land according to supreme court judgement belongs to Itsekiri.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by forgiveness: 1:39am On May 20, 2020
Igboid:

English is not a native language to your cousin . Yoruba is. Your cousin will never be an Englishman because he can't speak Yoruba.

Your cousin only speak Igbo as a foreign language. It's not his mothertongue.

Do you understand the concept of mother tongue? Yorubas speaking Igbo is cool, but Igbo can never be their mother tongue.

Anioma all speak a version of Igbo language mutually intelligible to us in SE, as mother tongue. Even Igbanke that is in Edo, speaks an Igbo dialect we all understand in SE once written or spoken at a very slow pace.

I know it's painful to know Yorubas have no footprints in SS, and that's why you lots go about trying to sow seeds of division between Ndiigbo in SE and Igbos in SS, including the minorities.
But you must know that language is a strong binding force.
Eventually, all Igbo speaking clans in SS will reunite with SE or at least seek for a form of union with us. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

As for Odiani, their Igbonization process is going on very smoothly.
Forget about them they are where they are loved and wanted, move on wink

Yorubas are indigenous to Delta and Edo State. Sorry. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by forgiveness: 1:43am On May 20, 2020
Igboid:

English is not a native language to your cousin . Yoruba is. Your cousin will never be an Englishman because he can't speak Yoruba.

Your cousin only speak Igbo as a foreign language. It's not his mothertongue.

Do you understand the concept of mother tongue? Yorubas speaking Igbo is cool, but Igbo can never be their mother tongue.

Anioma all speak a version of Igbo language mutually intelligible to us in SE, as mother tongue. Even Igbanke that is in Edo, speaks an Igbo dialect we all understand in SE once written or spoken at a very slow pace.

I know it's painful to know Yorubas have no footprints in SS, and that's why you lots go about trying to sow seeds of division between Ndiigbo in SE and Igbos in SS, including the minorities.
But you must know that language is a strong binding force.
Eventually, all Igbo speaking clans in SS will reunite with SE or at least seek for a form of union with us. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

As for Odiani, their Igbonization process is going on very smoothly.
Forget about them they are where they are loved and wanted, move on wink

Go and convince some of the Edos in Anomia they are Igbos first. grin

Like you rightly said, My cousins are not English because their heritage is not English. Likewise Olukumi, Ika, Issse uku and some Edos who speaks Igbo whose heritage are not Igbo. You are very correct. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by SocialJustice: 1:44am On May 20, 2020
forgiveness:

But the whole land according to supreme court judgement belongs to Itsekiri.
Please tell me the local governments that make up the land you're referring to.

1 Like

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Tobrasky: 1:55am On May 20, 2020
Igboid:

How can you forget to include Austin Avuru of Seplat oil. That's an Mkpari. Biko edit this list and include him sharp sharp.
Odogwu no vex abeg I dey craze? I was going to unleash my next list and include Austin Avuru if that Urhobo boy dared me on the challenge cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by forgiveness: 2:01am On May 20, 2020
SocialJustice:
Please tell me the local governments that make up the land you're referring to.

All Warri local governments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Parisian: 5:30am On May 20, 2020
Does this mean you're agreeing with me that the population of urhobos in Bayelsa is much the reason they have a deputy Governor?
BrownLondon:

Hmmm, Tribalism apart.

We have Yorubas holding political offices in UK, so I will not say we don't intrude into other people's affair.

I think Yorubas don't like going to igboland, I don't know the reason why.

If I tell you that I don't know anyone living in SE would you believe?

The population of yorubas in SE Is very small, their voice won't go far.
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Parisian: 5:30am On May 20, 2020
Facts don't care about your feelings tongue
Nwanyiogwashi:
Another lie by Urhobo people
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by 9jakool: 6:08am On May 20, 2020
Nowenuse:

Igalas and Okuns (Kogi west) shared boundary until the Ebiras came from Kwararafa and put them asunder.

Look at the map of Kogi state below. There are Igalas in Ajaokuta & Bassa LGAs and there are Yorubas (Oworo) in Lokoja LGA. Tell me how far these places are from each other if not a stonethrow.

If not for Kwararafan colonization, Igalas (Okpoto people) would have been part of the Yoruba nation just like Okun.

Cc 9jakool forgiveness
Here is my take on this
1.) It's true there is an obvious linguistic and cultural link between the Igalas and Yoruba, I will admit that. However, Igala won't have been Yoruba even without the supposed kwararafan colonization you are referring to. The Niger river clearly demarcates Okun from Igala.

2.) The extent of Kwararafa migration is overexagerated by middle belt groups. So, Kogi Central was uninhabited when the Ebira came. I'm I supposed to belief that somehow the Ebira didn't keep traces of their Jukun language, but suddenly adopted a new tongue?

3.) My hypothesis is that the Ebira many groups molded their oral history after Kwararafa formation due to the prestige it serves. Ebira are more likely to be related to Nupe that anything Jukun, but that's their oral history and not my concern.

4.) Whatever the case may be, Igalas and Yoruba are separate ethnic groups and the rest is history.

3 Likes

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 6:38am On May 20, 2020
Parisian:
Facts don't care about your feelings tongue
grin

1 Like

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 6:40am On May 20, 2020
[[s]quote author=darfay post=89742315]

No mind that your wife, I hear she's on the market for an urhobo husband you might just be.in luck
@nwanyiogwashi[/quote][/s] Urhobo people are the last people to do anything with grin

1 Like

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 6:42am On May 20, 2020
[s]
Mystiquefia:

Push you to do what? there's isoko land in Ndokwa grin
[/s] if their two tiny local government is not OK for them we will take one from them

1 Like

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 6:43am On May 20, 2020
Mystiquefia:

u sabi drive? u this small girl.
Lolz if I no sabi drive waiting I gain
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 6:44am On May 20, 2020
[[s]quote author=Mystiquefia post=89741136]

you too like yeye argument u chioma vanessa. Most people on this thread agree that urhobos are the majority tribe in delta state, both outsiders and the internet. just move on.. DOH! grin[/quote][/s] Those Urhobo people has told lies agreed not intelligent people like me

1 Like

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 6:46am On May 20, 2020
Ayekotoo:

You can never understand Itsekiri despite being lumped up in the same state but an Ijebu person would understand the dialect.
Itsekiri is an ethnic group in Delta state not Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by 9jakool: 6:48am On May 20, 2020
Igboid:

They are not between Edo and Igbos.
They are completely surrounded by Igbos (Enuani).
If you meet any Odiani person outside Delta and ask him or her where she/he is from, they would probably tell you Issele-uku. Because its the biggest community in the area and most popular too. It hosts NYSC orientation camp of Delta state.
They are not completely surrounded by Igbo. They are bordered to the North by Esan.

Sunshineg5:
True

I see it from their map

That map is a bit distorted. The town of Ezi is South of Uburubu. The Olukumi towns of Uburubu and Anioma town borders the Esan town of Emu Nehua in Edo State. Anioma town is the Northernmost town in Delta state.

1 Like

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Kidakudz5: 7:40am On May 20, 2020
Philistine:

Shameless and greedy creature. Oil thief
that guy is cursed. . Is it by force again?

1 Like

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by gaetano: 9:03am On May 20, 2020
9jakool:

They are not completely surrounded by Igbo. They are bordered to the North by Esan.

That map is a bit distorted. The town of Ezi is South of Uburubu. The Olukumi towns of Uburubu and Anioma town borders the Esan town of Emu Nehua in Edo State. Anioma town is the Northernmost town in Delta state.

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Ayekotoo(m): 9:49am On May 20, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Itsekiri is an ethnic group in Delta state not Yoruba

Do you understand Itsekiri dialect? No. Many Yorubas understand the dialect because it's the same with Ijebu dialect.

By the way, Anioma is an ethnic group in Delta not Igbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Plus10(m): 10:33am On May 20, 2020
forgiveness:

All Warri local governments.
You're a joker like someone already said, it is better to ignore your comments.
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 10:49am On May 20, 2020
Ayekotoo:

Do you understand Itsekiri dialect? No. Many Yorubas understand the dialect because it's the same with Ijebu dialect.

By the way, Anioma is an ethnic group in Delta not Igbo.
Understanding a dialect doesn't make itsekiri ethnic Yoruba, in Delta state we don't have Yoruba ethnic group or Anioma as ethnic group please get your fact

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Nobody: 11:02am On May 20, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Tell me the place in sapele that is more developed than ogwashi ukwu? What is in sapele?

you should not be calling ogwashi when they are talking about places in Delta. Agbor is manageable but never mention ogwashi.

what do they have there? how many people live there? ogwashi is like a ghost town during the holidays
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Nobody: 11:06am On May 20, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
[/b]
1. Isoko is not urhobo land

2.voting strength? And you people voted APC in governorship election and still fail cheesy

3.some of the urhobo local government are co owned by other ethnic group unlike Anioma land that is owe solely by Anioma people.

4.Warri are own by other ethnic group too

5.Tell me a place in urhobo land that is more developed than Anioma land.

6.we beat urhobo in education

7.we beat urhobo in most influential people.

8. We beat urhobo in sports.

9. In formal Midwest who dey hear about urhobo people.

is there any Igbo, ukwuani/Ndokwa or Anioma man...both in the Southeast/Southsouth who is occupying a higher position politically than DSP Obarisi Ovie Omo-Agege ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Nobody: 11:10am On May 20, 2020
Sunshineg5:
A lot of people from Delta state I have met often say Urhobo are the largest ethic group in Delta state, while Anioma have the largest chuck of Land.
those Land are now being covered by water leading to migration to more open places in Delta.

even their Ndokwa East LGA has a large population of Isoko
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Nobody: 11:14am On May 20, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Isoko is different ethnic group from urhobo everybody from Delta state is aware of this

Anioma, ukwuani and Ndokwa are different ethnic groups. they speak similar but different languages. they see themselves different politically

1 Like

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 11:19am On May 20, 2020
Lostz:

[s]
Anioma, ukwuani and Ndokwa are different [/s]ethnic groups. they speak similar but different languages. they see themselves different politically
we are still group under Igbo ethnic group

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (52) (Reply)

Who Wants Our President Dead? / Pictures Of African Leaders In Japan For TICAD7 / Tinubu Moves To Block FBI, CIA, U.S. Agencies From Releasing Files - Gazette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.