Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,158 members, 7,887,368 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:40 AM

Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions (33452 Views)

Thanks For Finding Me Worthy’, Gbajabiamila Tells Tinubu After CoS Appointment / Obidients, Thanks For Making Tinubu President! / Presidency Reacts To EU Submissions On 2019 Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Sunshineg5(m): 12:30am On May 20, 2020
Igboid:

They are currently known as Odiani, and they don't identify as Yorubas, they identify as Enu-ani, Anioma, and then Igbo.
Yorubas are generally reasonable and realize there's no way those Yorubas can ever be reunited with us.

The Olukumi are in between Edos and Igbos and share no natural boundary with other Yorubas, just like Ijaws in Ondo trapped between Yorubas and Ishekiri.

1 Like

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Mystiquefia: 12:32am On May 20, 2020
Igboid:

They are currently known as Odiani, and they don't identify as Yorubas, they identify as Enu-ani, Anioma, and then Igbo.

Hmmmm chairman, wehdone sir!!!
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Igboid: 12:34am On May 20, 2020
forgiveness:

Abi you sabi pass de king? grin

“We are a Yoruba speaking community and the name of our language is Oloku mi,” she disclosed. [/b]Finally the king, H.R.M. Ayo Isinyemeze, the Oloza (Obi) of Ugbodu, met the desire of the writer. The youthful looking, handsome royal father explained. According to the monarch who is also the chairman of the Traditional Rulers Council in Aniocha North, the Ugbodu Oluku mi speaking people migrated from Owo/Akure axis in the current day Ondo State between 9th and 11th Century AD to settle down in Benin during the reign of King Ogiso of Benin.My children all bear Oluku mi names. I think there is renaissance, an effort of going back to our roots.

So, most of the children being born these days are named Oloku mi names.

According to Adebowale: “The real Oluku mi is like the Yoruba that is spoken in Owo in Ondo State. Someone from that place is expected to understand the language perfectly. I am an Oluku mi man and I am proud of my language.

https://ukpuru.tumblr.com/post/115435435597/far-from-home-yoruba-community-makes-home-in

They were just posing for the camera.

Odiani are proud Igbos. They acknowledge they came from Owo axis, and that's all. They have Igbonized. Their land is surrounded by Enu-ani communities. If you love them and don't want to cause problems for them, leave them alone and face your SW.

Igbide in Isoko are Igbos, but we don't associate with them because their land is not contiguous with any part of Anioma and they have Isokonized.

The first Igbo miss Nigeria, miss Helen Anyamelune, miss Nigeria 1958, was from there, and she proudly identified as Igbo. Her Victory was celebrated by Igbo Union then.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/08/23/former-miss-nigeria-helen-is-dead/amp/

I know Odiani people on their facebook pages. They are proudly Enuani and Igbo by extension while acknowledging their Owo migration origin.

6 Likes

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Mystiquefia: 12:35am On May 20, 2020
Igboid:

How can you forget to include Austin Avuru of Seplat oil. That's an Mkpari. Biko edit this list and include him sharp sharp.

lolzz.. i'm impressed with the list too
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Igboid: 12:36am On May 20, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Yorubas are generally reasonable and realize there's no way those Yorubas can ever be reunited with us.

The Olukumi are in between Edos and Igbos and share no natural boundary with other Yorubas, just like Ijaws in Ondo trapped between Yorubas and Ishekiri.

They are not between Edo and Igbos.
They are completely surrounded by Igbos (Enuani).
If you meet any Odiani person outside Delta and ask him or her where she/he is from, they would probably tell you Issele-uku. Because its the biggest community in the area and most popular too. It hosts NYSC orientation camp of Delta state.

3 Likes

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by forgiveness: 12:37am On May 20, 2020
Igboid:

They were just posing for the camera.

Odiani are proud Igbos. They acknowledge they came from Owo axis, and that's all. They have Igbonized. Their land is surrounded by Enu-ani communities. If you love them and don't want to cause problems for them, leave them alone and face your SW.

Igbide in Isoko are Igbos, but we don't associate with them because their land is not contiguous with any part of Anioma and they have Isokonized.

The first Igbo miss Nigeria, miss Helen Anyamelume, was from there, and she proudly identified as Igbo. Her Victory was celebrated by Igbo Union then.

I know Odiani people on their facebook pages. They are proudly Enuani and Igbo by extension while acknowledging their Owo migration origin.

You are nobody to speak against THE KING OF OLUKUMI. The KING has spoken THAT OLUKUMIS ARE YORUBAS. EOD grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by SocialJustice: 12:39am On May 20, 2020
Nowenuse:

The Olu of Warri is not in total control of Warri.
Yes, he is not. There are Urhobo and Ijaw Kings in Warri too. The title is actually Olu of Itsekiri but I think Awolowo was the one who changed it to Olu of Warri to score political point.

There are people who refer to the title as Olu of Itsekiri because in reality, the title holder rules over itsekiris alone and not Warri City unlike the Oba of Benin that is a Demigod in Benin City.

3 Likes

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by forgiveness: 12:40am On May 20, 2020
Igboid:

If you meet any Odiani person outside Delta and ask him or her where she/he is from, they would probably tell you Issele-uku. Because its the biggest community in the area and most popular too. It hosts NYSC orientation camp of Delta state.

Issele uku are Benins. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by forgiveness: 12:42am On May 20, 2020
SocialJustice:
Yes, he is not. There are Urhobo and Ijaw Kings in Warri too. The title is actually Olu of Itsekiri but I think Awolowo was the one who changed it to Olu of Warri to score political point.

There are people who refer to the title as Olu of Itsekiri because in reality, the title holder rules over itsekiris alone and not Warri City unlike the Oba of Benin that is a Demigod in Benin City.

Warri since 15th century was known to be ruled by Olu of Warri. fact

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Sunshineg5(m): 12:42am On May 20, 2020
Igboid:

True

I see it from their map

1 Like

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Igboid: 12:45am On May 20, 2020
forgiveness:

Issele uku are Benins. grin

Yes! They are Benins.
Go and communicate with Bini with them, inugo? grin

7 Likes

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by forgiveness: 12:45am On May 20, 2020
Sunshineg5:

It doesn't matter. Lesotho and Swaziland are in the middle of South Africa.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by forgiveness: 12:46am On May 20, 2020
Igboid:

Yes! They are Benins.
Go and communicate with Bini with them, inugo? grin

They are Benin. They never see themselves as Igbo. Fact. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Igboid: 12:48am On May 20, 2020
forgiveness:

You a nobody to speak against THE KING OF OLUKUMI. The KING has spoken THAT OLUKUMIS ARE YORUBAS. EOD grin

They are known as Odiani and no longer Olukumi.
There Igbonization is at a very advanced stage, and they are happy with that.
Move on. If any thing, be happy you replaced them with those Edo people in Akoko SE of Ondo that you are currently Yorubanizing at advanced stage. Epinmi, Ipe, Isua, etc.

You don't see Edos claiming them.

Let's not talk about the Tapas in Lagos and the Eguns.

6 Likes

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by forgiveness: 12:48am On May 20, 2020
Sunshineg5:
True

I see it from their map

Most of those towns don't see themselves Igbo. Especially Ika. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Igboid: 12:49am On May 20, 2020
forgiveness:

They are Benin. They never see themselves as Igbo. Fact. grin

Yes!
Go speak Bini with them.
They will never hear a single Bini. Fact! grin

7 Likes

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Igboid: 12:50am On May 20, 2020
forgiveness:

Most of those towns don't see themselves Igbo. Especially Ika. grin

They see themselves as Yorubas.
We know. grin

5 Likes

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Sunshineg5(m): 12:52am On May 20, 2020
SocialJustice:
Yes, he is not. There are Urhobo and Ijaw Kings in Warri too. The title is actually Olu of Itsekiri but [/b]I think Awolowo was the one who changed it to Olu of Warri to score political point[/b]

Ishekiri actually demanded it

They started demanding it from the colonial period at about the 1930s but the British preferred Olu of Iwerre instead.

When they proposed it to Awolowo, he saw them as his ijebu brothers and gave it to them.

It's on record that Awolowo last visit was to Warri to see the Olu before his death.

The title so angered the Ijaws and Uhrobo that it became the background to the eventually reason they supported the creation of a Midwest region.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by forgiveness: 12:55am On May 20, 2020
Igboid:

Yes!
Go speak Bini with them.
They will never hear a single Bini. Fact! grin

I have cousins who don't understand one word in my language but fluent in English. Does that change the fact...... My son speaks Igbo and hears nothing in my Language (thou I have started teaching him), is he Igbo? grin

Go to East and see many Yoruba kids dey chop Igbo but can't speak ah for Yoruba. Dem be Igbo? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Sunshineg5(m): 12:55am On May 20, 2020
Igboid:

Move on. If any thing, be happy you replaced them with those Edo people in Akoko SE of Ondo that you are currently Yorubanizing at advanced stage. Epinmi, Ipe, Isua, etc.

Who are the Tapas in Lagos?

There is only one Tapa family in lagos from Balogun Tapa Oshodi

Akoko Ondo is different from Akoko Edo, they don't have the same orgin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by forgiveness: 12:57am On May 20, 2020
Igboid:

They see themselves as Yorubas.
We know. grin

They sees demselves Edo. cry cry cry cry cry grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Igboid: 12:59am On May 20, 2020
forgiveness:

They sees demselves Edo. cry cry cry cry cry grin

Edos are Yorubas. grin
So they are Yorubas cool

5 Likes

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Mystiquefia: 1:00am On May 20, 2020
Ayekotoo:

It's used to be Olu of Itsekiri but was later changed to Olu of warri with the help of some Yoruba people.

I think it used to be Nana of itsekiri grin
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by forgiveness: 1:01am On May 20, 2020
Igboid:

Edos are Yorubas. grin
So they are Yorubas cool

Tah! Edos are not Yoruba but Issee uku are Edos. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Mystiquefia: 1:02am On May 20, 2020
SocialJustice:

pardon my ignorance, was it olu or Nana Of Itsekiri?
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Igboid: 1:03am On May 20, 2020
forgiveness:

I have cousins who don't understand one word in my language but fluent in English. Does that change the fact...... My son speaks Igbo and hears nothing in my Language (thou I have started teaching him), is he Igbo? grin

Go to East and see many Yoruba kids dey chop Igbo but can't speak ah for Yoruba. Dem be Igbo? grin

English is not a native language to your cousin . Yoruba is. Your cousin will never be an Englishman because he can't speak Yoruba.

Your cousin only speak Igbo as a foreign language. It's not his mothertongue.

Do you understand the concept of mother tongue? Yorubas speaking Igbo is cool, but Igbo can never be their mother tongue.

Anioma all speak a version of Igbo language mutually intelligible to us in SE, as mother tongue. Even Igbanke that is in Edo, speaks an Igbo dialect we all understand in SE once written or spoken at a very slow pace.

I know it's painful to know Yorubas have no footprints in SS, and that's why you lots go about trying to sow seeds of division between Ndiigbo in SE and Igbos in SS, including the minorities.
But you must know that language is a strong binding force.
Eventually, all Igbo speaking clans in SS will reunite with SE or at least seek for a form of union with us. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

As for Odiani, their Igbonization process is going on very smoothly.
Forget about them they are where they are loved and wanted, move on wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by SocialJustice: 1:03am On May 20, 2020
forgiveness:

True, but that's big Warri in Warri South West LGA you're referring to, there was no Warri city as it exists today. It was changed to Olu of Itsekiri earlier then Awolowo changed it to Olu of Warri in the 50s.

Whichever way, the Olu of Warri is not the ruler of Warri city, his Warri is Ogidigben and other itsekiri communities.
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Mystiquefia: 1:04am On May 20, 2020
forgiveness:

Not Olu Of warri bros, the title used to be known as the Nana of itsekiri
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by forgiveness: 1:04am On May 20, 2020
Igboid:

You sabi pass de king? grin

“We are a Yoruba speaking community and the name of our language is Oloku mi,” she disclosed. [/b]Finally the king, H.R.M. Ayo Isinyemeze, the Oloza (Obi) of Ugbodu, met the desire of the writer. The youthful looking, handsome royal father explained. According to the monarch who is also the chairman of the Traditional Rulers Council in Aniocha North, the Ugbodu Oluku mi speaking people migrated from Owo/Akure axis in the current day Ondo State between 9th and 11th Century AD to settle down in Benin during the reign of King Ogiso of Benin.My children all bear Oluku mi names. I think there is renaissance, an effort of going back to our roots.

So, most of the children being born these days are named Oloku mi names.

According to Adebowale: “The real Oluku mi is like the Yoruba that is spoken in Owo in Ondo State. Someone from that place is expected to understand the language perfectly. I am an Oluku mi man and I am proud of my language.

https://ukpuru.tumblr.com/post/115435435597/far-from-home-yoruba-community-makes-home-in

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by SocialJustice: 1:14am On May 20, 2020
Mystiquefia:

pardon my ignorance, was it olu or Nana Of Itsekiri?
Olu is their king, Nana was a very powerful and wealthy chief that had his own personal navy/army.

An itsekiri should be in a better position to answer though. Sometimes Nana was called a Chief, other times, a king.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Igboid: 1:14am On May 20, 2020
forgiveness:

Tah! Edos are not Yoruba but Issee uku are Edos. grin

What?
You know more than the Ooni of Ife?

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/198255-benin-kingdom-edo-yoruba-territory-ooni-ife-adeyeye-ogunwusi.html

Taa mechionu nwataa, na ikwuu alu!

(look for a Bini Issele uku man to interprete that Igbo for you) cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by forgiveness: 1:24am On May 20, 2020
SocialJustice:
True, but that's big Warri in Warri South West LGA you're referring to, there was no Warri city as it exists today. It was changed to Olu of Itsekiri earlier then Awolowo changed it to Olu of Warri in the 50s.

Whichever way, the Olu of Warri is not the ruler of Warri city, his Warri is Ogidigben and other itsekiri communities.

Warri city existed long before the creation of Nigeria. It was Olu of Warri before British took over the kingdom. Records of Letters from foreign kings addressing Olu as King of Warri are all over the internet.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (52) (Reply)

Tinubu Moves To Block FBI, CIA, U.S. Agencies From Releasing Files - Gazette / Disqualification Suit: Soludo Learns Fate On November 30 / 2023: There Will Be Crisis If Peter Obi, Tinubu Lose - Primate Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.