Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:53 AM

I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity - Religion (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity (133085 Views)

Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses 2 / Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! / What Does This Mean: Spirit,Water And Blood Bear Witness On Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (237) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by DappaD: 11:37am On Jun 15, 2020
Rozz:
There are verses in the bible to prove hell fire exist.Revelation 21:8,Matthew10:28,Matthew 25:46 and many more
Matthew 10:28, like I've earlier stated, the word “hell” in translations of most Bibles today mean something else in the original manuscripts.
The “hell” you're seeing at Matthew 10:28 actually means “Gehenna(Valley of Hinnom)”.

The word “Gehenna” literally means “Valley of Hinnom,” and it referred to a valley that was just outside Jerusalem in Bible times. In Bible times, the city residents used this valley as a garbage dump. So Jesus used that illustration then Gehenna as a symbol of everlasting destruction (Matthew 23:33)

2 Likes

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 15, 2020
Faithful4real:

Just answer the damn question.

And if i choose to ignore what happens? cheesy

You guys are just some funny bully right? cheesy
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Myer(m): 11:56am On Jun 15, 2020
Maximus69:

pressplay411:

I intentionally avoided this discourse for the simple fact that it is one of those that I have termed inconclusive arguments.

While we can't find the mention of the trinity of God is the bible, yet it can be inferred. The same can be said of Jesus being Archangel Michael.

By definition the word Angel means a messenger from God.
And Archangel means the Primary messenger from God.

By inference the title and position would seem only suitable to the person of Jesus Christ.

I think DappaD has done justice with the scriptural references to support this.

However like other spiritual affairs, it is subject to personal revelation or discerning spirit

God bless you again and again for this post!

Now if it's subject to personal revelation , and there is BENEFITIAL WORKS to show for it {James 2:18-26} is there any need for further argument? cheesy

Typical. I see you've also started adding to poeple's quotes just to suit your meaning.

Why did you add discerning spirit to the post?

Why am I not surprised when you add your own meaning to the bible.

Hope you know the curses that follow those who add and remove from the bible just to suit their own meaning??

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 12:03pm On Jun 15, 2020
Maximus69:

Walahi Talahi i just dey enjoy my idle times with you, please don't stop i'm enjoying every moment of it Sir! cheesy
no answer, just noise.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 15, 2020
Myer:

Typical. I see you've also started adding to poeple's quotes just to suit your meaning.

Why did you add discerning spirit to the post?

Why am I not surprised when you add your own meaning to the bible.

Hope you know the curses that follow those who add and remove to the bible just to suit their own meaning??

Jesus has solved the riddle Sir!

Those who add or subtract from God's word can't benefit themselves like JWs are doing globally today! Matthew 7:24-27 cheesy
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 15, 2020
I will much later Sir, hope you're enjoying the show! cheesy
GRIMMJOE:
no answer, just noise.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 12:35pm On Jun 15, 2020
Maximus69:
I will much later Sir, hope you're enjoying the show! cheesy
35 pages, nothing new
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 15, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
35 pages, nothing new

Your PERSONAL opinion Sir! wink
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 12:54pm On Jun 15, 2020
Maximus69:

Your PERSONAL opinion Sir! wink
It's not an opinion, can't you see 35 on your screen, or are you blind.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
It's not an opinion, can't you see 35 on your screen, or are you blind.

Please Sir the likes and shares means what? cheesy
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 1:06pm On Jun 15, 2020
Maximus69:

Please Sir the likes and shares means what? cheesy
Like and share means like and share
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 1:07pm On Jun 15, 2020
The 35 pages is nothing compare to 140 years of failure.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
Like and share means like and share

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! wink

It means some LIKE such opinions Sir and are prepared to SHARE it.
So there is progress even though you want to blur your insight towards it! cheesy
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 1:13pm On Jun 15, 2020
Maximus69:

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! wink

It means some LIKE such opinions Sir and are prepared to SHARE it.
So there is progress even though you want to blur your insight towards it! cheesy
How does this prove the existence of Jehovah the limited.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 15, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
How does this prove the existence of Jehovah the limited.

That's not the topic here Sir, however those LIKES and SHARES proves that some are getting the sense in the attributes and ways of God even though you choose not to to reason along! cheesy
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 1:26pm On Jun 15, 2020
Maximus69:

That's not the topic here Sir, however those LIKES and SHARES proves that some are getting the sense in the attributes and ways of God even though you choose not to to reason along! cheesy
The like and share won't exist if God exist, this whole thread wouldn't have been open.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
The like and share won't exist if God exist, this whole thread wouldn't have been open.

OK you mean people just love talking about what is not real and you're also part of the show? cheesy
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 1:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
Maximus69:

OK you mean people just love talking about what is not real and you're also part of the show? cheesy
If God exist everybody will know, simple.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 15, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
If God exist everybody will know, simple.

LIE!
You believe so many things because you studied fervently to know of it, but millions who don't know of it will never agree with you! cheesy
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 1:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
Maximus69:

LIE!
You believe so many things because you studied fervently to know of it, but millions who don't know of it will never agree with you! cheesy
God does not have limit, if a limit exist, then he's not God, Adam where are you?
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 15, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
God does not have limit, if a limit exist, then he's not God, Adam where are you?

Never mind my friend, billions have studied the same book and have agreed to the existence of God!
After all you and your friends believe in the definition that's widely acceptable, naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa my friend, you can't leave this one out of it! cheesy

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Faithful4real(m): 2:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
Maximus69:

And if i choose to ignore what happens? cheesy

You guys are just some funny bully right? cheesy
Well is your choice.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 15, 2020
Yeah! wink
Faithful4real:

Well is your choice.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 2:17pm On Jun 15, 2020
Maximus69:

Never mind my friend, billions have studied the same book and have agreed to the existence of God!
After all you and your friends believe in the definition that's widely acceptable, naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa my friend, you can't leave this one out of it! cheesy
Christianity is not the only religion widely acceptable, your point.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
Christianity is not the only religion widely acceptable, your point.
There are over 2,000,000,000 people claiming Christians Sir!

What do you say about that staggering figure! smiley
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by hoopernikao: 3:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
Myer:

You can see whatever you choose to see in the scriptures.

So if you want to see Jesus Christ as God, it is there.
You want to see Jesus Christ as the Holy Spirit, it is there.
You want to see Jesus Christ as an Angel, it is there.
You want to see him as Lucifer (Morning Star), it is there.

On that premise, those who choose to see Jesus Christ as Archangel Michael will certainly see it too.
It is up to you, what do you want to see?

Those who want to see in the scriptures that Grace permits Sin, also see it. Hence most Pentecostals.
While those who want to see that Grace only permits righteousness, so shall they see viz Deeper Life.

Like I said, you can see whatever you choose to see in the scriptures.

grin grin grin grin grin. You have started your own.

You can truly see whatever you want to see but that doesnt change the fact that there is ONLY ONE THING the scripture text shows to us. There is ONLY ONE MESSAGE and there can be ONLY ONE INTERPRETATION. Hence, when two people see differently the scriptures. it is either one of them is wrong or both are wrong. This is the reason we ought to continually examine our doctrines and teachings and be open to make corrections where needed.

The foundation of the scripture is this. A TEXT OF SCRIPTURES CANNOT MEAN TODAY WHAT IT NEVER MEANT WHEN IT WAS WRITTEN. The is the foundation of bible interpretation. What we should desire today is to see exactly the same thing the Holy Ghost inspired the writer to write. And i believe we will all agree that the writers and the inspiration have only ONE, SINGULAR MESSAGE IN A TEXT. That exactly is what we should strife to see.

WHEN A DIVINE UTTERANCE IS SUBJECTED TO DIFFERENT INTERPRETATIONS, IT CAN NO MORE BE CALLED DIVINE.

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by hoopernikao: 3:49pm On Jun 15, 2020
Maximus69:

Father (JEHOVAH) and son (Jesus) talking Sir! Proverbs 8:22-31

Kasala. grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by hoopernikao: 3:55pm On Jun 15, 2020
pressplay411:

I intentionally avoided this discourse for the simple fact that it is one of those that I have termed inconclusive arguments.

While we can't find the mention of the trinity of God is the bible, yet it can be inferred. The same can be said of Jesus being Archangel Michael.

By definition the word Angel means a messenger from God.
And Archangel means the Primary messenger from God.

By inference the title and position would seem only suitable to the person of Jesus Christ.

I think DappaD has done justice with the scriptural references to support this.

However like other spiritual affairs, it is subject to personal revelation.

2 Pet 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Did you say PERSONAL REVELATION? In God's word?

Please delete that word now. It is not good for you at all.

The scriptures are not for personal revelations Sir. It has a define purpose and intent. Search for it Sir. A DIVINE UTTERANCE SUBJECTED TO PERSONAL REVELATION AND VIEWS CANNOT BE SAID TO BE DIVINE AGAIN. To be divine, it must carry the same intent of the inspiration: God.

I think proper bible interpretation classes should be organised in many places. This will go a long way to help many.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by hoopernikao: 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2020
GRIMMJOE:

Can i fully understand your point on the above sir.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Myer(m): 4:53pm On Jun 15, 2020
hoopernikao:

grin grin grin grin grin. You have started your own.

You can truly see whatever you want to see but that doesnt change the fact that there is ONLY ONE THING the scripture text shows to us. There is ONLY ONE MESSAGE and there can be ONLY ONE INTERPRETATION. Hence, when two people see differently the scriptures. it is either one of them is wrong or both are wrong. This is the reason we ought to continually examine our doctrines and teachings and be open to make corrections where needed.

The foundation of the scripture is this. A TEXT OF SCRIPTURES CANNOT MEAN TODAY WHAT IT NEVER MEANT WHEN IT WAS WRITTEN. The is the foundation of bible interpretation. What we should desire today is to see exactly the same thing the Holy Ghost inspired the writer to write. And i believe we will all agree that the writers and the inspiration have only ONE, SINGULAR MESSAGE IN A TEXT. That exactly is what we should strife to see.

WHEN A DIVINE UTTERANCE IS SUBJECTED TO DIFFERENT INTERPRETATIONS, IT CAN NO MORE BE CALLED DIVINE.

For the sake of peace, I will agree to disagree. cheesy
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Myer(m): 4:59pm On Jun 15, 2020
hoopernikao:

2 Pet 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Did you say PERSONAL REVELATION? In God's word?

Please delete that word now. It is not good for you at all.

The scriptures are not for personal revelations Sir. It has a define purpose and intent. Search for it Sir. A DIVINE UTTERANCE SUBJECTED TO PERSONAL REVELATION AND VIEWS CANNOT BE SAID TO BE DIVINE AGAIN. To be divine, it must carry the same intent of the inspiration: God.

I think proper bible interpretation classes should be organised in many places. This will go a long way to help many.

This is quite true and necessary to maintain order and sanity in the church.

But have you wondered why Catholics pray through Holy Mary and your church doesn't?

It was due to a personal revelation that became a doctrine.

To be more scriptural, Paul always referred to his encounters and revelations during his epistles which seemed to contradict the other apostles yet they accepted them, after all both he and Barnabas were chosen by the Holy spirit for a special mission to the gentiles.

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:19pm On Jun 15, 2020
Maximus69:

There are over 2,000,000,000 people claiming Christians Sir!

What do you say about that staggering figure! smiley
Your point? there are about 2 Billion Muslim also, but just 8 million Jehovah Witness.

Funny guy, he's now calling himself Christian, no more JW, no more we're different from Christians because he needs the number.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (237) (Reply)

Myles Munroe, His Wife & Daughter Are Dead (Plane Crash) / Body Exposing Dress A Lady Wore To Church That Got People Talking -see Photos / Symbolism,Satanism,Illuminati,and Mind Control in Music

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.