Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,721 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:10 AM

I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity - Religion (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity (133887 Views)

Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses 2 / Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! / What Does This Mean: Spirit,Water And Blood Bear Witness On Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (237) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 15, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
Your point? there are about 2 Billion Muslim also, but just 8 million Jehovah Witness.

Funny guy, he's now calling himself Christian, no more JW, no more we're different from Christians because he needs the number.

No! you were talking about the number of people who agree that the Bible God is real not those truly worshiping him! cheesy
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:23pm On Jun 15, 2020
hoopernikao:

Can i fully understand your point on the above sir.
Of a being have a limit then that being is not God.

This was as a result of Jehovah not being able to save children that are starving, because limit.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:24pm On Jun 15, 2020
36 pages and I still can't see the benefit of Jehovah, not to mention he's not a God.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 15, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
36 pages and I still can't see the benefit of Jehovah, not to mention he's not a God.
Your PERSONAL opinion Sir! wink
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:26pm On Jun 15, 2020
Maximus69:

No! you were talking about the number of people who agree that the Bible God is real not those truly worshiping him! cheesy
But Jehovah and Yahweh are two different God, one with limit and the other so called Omnipotent.

So which one are you.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:28pm On Jun 15, 2020
Maximus69:

Your PERSONAL opinion Sir! wink
Instead of you to state the benefit of your Jehovah you're shouting your opinion, is that how you get new converts.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by hoopernikao: 7:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
Myer:

This is quite true and necessary to maintain order and sanity in the church.

But have you wondered why Catholics pray through Holy Mary and your church doesn't?

It was due to a personal revelation that became a doctrine.

To be more scriptural, Paul always referred to his encounters and revelations during his epistles which seemed to contradict the other apostles yet they accepted them, after all both he and Barnabas were chosen by the Holy spirit for a special mission to the gentiles.

Good points.

Note that, foundational Apostles were attested to receiving that which we have today from the spirit. And there are proofs, practices and history of each of them to solidify their acceptance.

But after them, we must understand that the only way to guide through error is to protect the integrity of what has been revealed and done by the foundational Apostles. There is no additional revelation. And the only threat to this from ages are men claiming revelations without revelations yet want to distort the true revelation of God's word.

Can we accept the revelation of others even today? YES.

But an inspired/inspiration and revelation of a speaker or writer today is to the extent at which it agrees and can be proven with the scriptures:. Hence the divine inspiration of the scriptures is protected from predators.

One of the basic way to detect and nullify a false revelation is that it hardly have enough scriptures to back up the falsehood. It is always an arrangee. Juxtaposing scriptures.
There is no revelation of God's word or the intent that isnt clear from the scriptures. It is humans that made it hard to understand. This is the case of the proponents of JESUS IS ANGEL. They have no history, scriptures, or practicable evidence on such doctrine. Hence the reason they went AWOL in the discussion here.

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by hoopernikao: 7:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
Of a being have a limit then that being is not God.

This was as a result of Jehovah not being able to save children that are starving, because limit.

Okay, have you read the Bible before? I mean read it well?
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:59pm On Jun 15, 2020
hoopernikao:

Okay, have you read the Bible before? I mean read it well?
You already know the answer I'll give, go straight to the fĂșcking point.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by hoopernikao: 9:02pm On Jun 15, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
You already know the answer I'll give, go straight to the fĂșcking point.

I actually don't know the answer you will give. I don't like assuming for people. That is why I asked you. So, I take you for your word.

So, my reason for asking is that, if you have read the bible well, do you think the view of the bible aligned with what you have been asking or said earlier?

That is two things I will like you to mention: firstly if you have read the bible well, secondly does what you read aligned with this view of yours above.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:53pm On Jun 15, 2020
hoopernikao:

I actually don't know the answer you will give. I don't like assuming for people. That is why I asked you. So, I take you for your word.

So, my reason for asking is that, if you have read the bible well, do you think the view of the bible aligned with what you have been asking or said earlier?

That is two things I will like you to mention: firstly if you have read the bible well, secondly does what you read aligned with this view of yours above.
God doesn't have limit, that's the reason he is above us, when God begins to rest, then he is bounded by human concept, at this point he's no longer God.

The Bible is a walking contradiction, you want all powerful God, you have it, a limited God it is there. God knows the number of hair on our head, yet called out to Adam, where are you.

The Bible is like that so that it can never be wrong, it's like choosing all the options in an exams, if I say you fail, you'll point me to the right option, if I say it's wrong to chose all the option, you'll say it doesn't mater provided the right answer is there.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by hoopernikao: 9:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
God doesn't have limit, that's the reason he is above us, when God begins to rest, then he is bounded by human concept, at this point he's no longer God.

The Bible is a walking contradiction, you want all powerful God, you have it, a limited God it is there. God knows the number of hair on our head, yet called out to Adam, where are you.

The Bible is like that so that it can never be wrong, it's like choosing all the options in an exams, if I say you fail, you'll point me to the right option, if I say it's wrong to chose all the option, you'll say it doesn't mater provided the right answer is there.

Don't you think if over 30 authors spread across over 2000 years of living, that never most never met each other yet can write the exact thing you mentioned above, that is, it is all the options and the writer were deliberate on that. Don't you think such writers will qualify as some of the most intelligent being that ever lived. Think of it, looking carefully at your state above.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
All Jehovah have are statement, He can do this he can do that, but yet no feats. Even when he shows a feat it's not that impressive, stops the sun, caused a flood, crucify he's son, 2,000 years later, nothing changed, and that's because an all powerful God doesn't exist.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by hoopernikao: 10:03pm On Jun 15, 2020
GRIMMJOE:

Secondly, when you read things like God rest, or God walked in the cool of the day and you have issues with that, asking why will someone called God do that. Don't you think it's because you didn't understand both grammatical construction and word implications in literature. I mean bible aside. Those are terms used in day to day expressions in literatures, cultural writings and history. Dont you think you aren't reading it well or carefully?

Check it yourself. Would you have had same issues if it's in another literature. For example reading or hearing things like. "The gods have visited us". You shouldn't have issues and start asking for his footpath or house address of his visit. Would you?
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by hoopernikao: 10:07pm On Jun 15, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
All Jehovah have are statement, He can do this he can do that, but yet no feats. Even when he shows a feat it's not that impressive, stops the sun, caused a flood, crucify he's son, 2,000 years later, nothing changed, and that's because an all powerful God doesn't exist.

You haven't address what I asked you. Let's make this a communication nah. If you handle it this way, I won't see what you are trying to point out.

Let's respond based on points.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:11pm On Jun 15, 2020
hoopernikao:

Don't you think if over 30 authors spread across over 2000 years of living, that never most never met each other yet can write the exact thing you mentioned above, that is, it is all the options and the writer were deliberate on that. Don't you think such writers will qualify as some of the most intelligent being that ever lived. Think of it, looking carefully at your state above.
Like I told you Christianity is the combination of so many things, including Christmas that's not in the Bible.
That's why it's funny when you asked if I read the Bible, most Nigerians don't read, not to talk more of Bible, but tell them about them celebrating a pagan holiday...
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:13pm On Jun 15, 2020
hoopernikao:

You haven't address what I asked you. Let's make this a communication nah. If you handle it this way, I won't see what you are trying to point out.

Let's respond based on points.
That's good.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by hoopernikao: 10:15pm On Jun 15, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
Like I told you Christianity is the combination of so many things, including Christmas that's not in the Bible.
That's why it's funny when you asked if I read the Bible, most Nigerians don't read, not to talk more of Bible, but tell them about them celebrating a pagan holiday...

Okay.
Let's leave "most Nigerian" out of this. Lets keep our focus on you and I. I can assume you have read the scriptures though you never answered that. And to an extent too I have read it. So let's keep this between us.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:15pm On Jun 15, 2020
hoopernikao:

Secondly, when you read things like God rest, or God walked in the cool of the day and you have issues with that, asking why will someone called God do that. Don't you think it's because you didn't understand both grammatical construction and word implications in literature. I mean bible aside. Those are terms used in day to day expressions in literatures, cultural writings and history. Dont you think you aren't reading it well or carefully?

Check it yourself. Would you have had same issues if it's in another literature. For example reading or hearing things like. "The gods have visited us". You shouldn't have issues and start asking for his footpath or house address of his visit. Would you?
How do you explain God being scared of metal, is that literature too.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by hoopernikao: 10:18pm On Jun 15, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
How do you explain God being scared of metal, is that literature too.

You haven't own up to that first mistake of not reading that place properly. That is important. It will help our discussion. And may likely be the most important thing here.

Secondly, can you explain more what you mean by the above. Possibly give a text of scripture where you saw that as evidence to your question.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 15, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
But Jehovah and Yahweh are two different God, one with limit and the other so called Omnipotent.

So which one are you.

Chill my friend, nobody is worrying you whether you choose to believe in God or not! cheesy

Your aggression or vehement arguments won't stop people from believing in God! cheesy

So chill and live your life!

The Bible made it clear that God is all powerful but he will not act stupidly just because he has the power to do certain things, it cost him nothing to create you so it means nothing to him if you live or expire.
Who killed you, what caused your death, where you died, when and how is of no use to him unless you've lived worthily of his likeness, that's when he will keep account of you so as to remember you when he's prepared to restore sanity to the earth!

That's what the book says, but if you're not interested in his ways of handling matters, then go solve your problems your own way! smiley
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:28pm On Jun 15, 2020
hoopernikao:

You haven't own up to that first mistake of not reading that place properly. That is important. It will help our discussion. And may likely be the most important thing here.

Secondly, can you explain more what you mean by the above. Possibly give a text of scripture where you saw that as evidence to your question.
Read what place properly.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
Instead of you to state the benefit of your Jehovah you're shouting your opinion, is that how you get new converts.

Jesus sent us to a specific kind of people NOT just anybody Sir! cheesy

We were sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel {Matthew 10:6,15:24} this means people who wants to learn about how they can get closer to God and what are God's plans to end evil!
But once you've sealed your heart that God doesn't exist, we need not waste our precious time with you, we use the door! Matthew 10:13-14
There are still over 8,000,000,000 People on this planet so why waste time with you?
You're not ready to learn, rather you're bitterly pushing forward your assertion that God doesn't exist, and whoever refuse to subscribe to your line of thought you insult, abuse even curse when you notice that the person isn't buying your idea! cheesy
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by hoopernikao: 10:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
Read what place properly.

The text you queried, that, why will God rest if he is God. You said rest will mean God is limited.
You should read it well now as I have told you where the issue lies. Rest will implies "cease from work", to stop a sequence of actions.

So, what you should do now is to commend such a skillful writer who used such beautiful literacy expressions to describe God over 4000 years ago. Such expression are still in existence today.

I have given you example earlier. Another example below.

When you say "the gods are asleep", you won't ask whether it's on bed or mat. You will know that it refers to either the gods did nothing in a situation or people weren't heard by such god. That is literature for you.

We can't loose our sense of literacy and grammar education when it comes to bible. Scriptures also are work of literature.

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
Maximus69:

Chill my friend, nobody is worrying you whether you choose to believe in God or not! cheesy

Your aggression or vehement arguments won't stop people from believing in God! cheesy

So chill and live your life!

The Bible made it clear that God is all powerful but he will not act stupidly just because he has the power to do certain things, it cost him nothing to create you so it means nothing to him if you live or expire.
Who killed you, what caused your death, where you died, when and how is of no use to him unless you've lived worthily of his likeness, that's when he will keep account of you so as to remember you when he's prepared to restore sanity to the earth!

That's what the book says, but if you're not interested in his ways of handling matters, then go solve your problems your own way! smiley
You called saving a 5 years old girl from rape is stupidity, you see why I say you lack empathy.

The Bible made it clear Jehovah is all power, but the Bible also made it clear that he's limited, you posted the scriptures your self.

We mean nothing, yet flood the earth, kill his self on the cross, all for trying to correct a single event, an all powerful failure.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
Maximus69:

Jesus sent us to a specific kind of people NOT just anybody Sir! cheesy

We were sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel {Matthew 10:6,15:24} this means people who wants to learn about how they can get closer to God and what are God's plans to end evil!
But once you've sealed your heart that God doesn't exist, we need not waste our precious time with you, we use the door! Matthew 10:13-14
There are still over 8,000,000,000 People on this planet so why waste time with you?
You're not ready to learn, rather you're bitterly pushing forward your assertion that God doesn't exist, and whoever refuse to subscribe to your line of thought you insult, abuse even curse when you notice that the person isn't buying your idea! cheesy
Maximus Maximus, don't you know there are more people who don't believe in an inexistent God on nairaland than in real world, why not leave and go talk to them, you get.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:55pm On Jun 15, 2020
hoopernikao:

The text you queried, that, why will God rest if he is God. You said rest will mean God is limited.
You should read it well now as I have told you where the issue lies. Rest will implies "cease from work", to stop a sequence of actions.

So, what you should do now is to commend such a skillful writer who used such beautiful literacy expressions to describe God over 4000 years ago. Such expression are still in existence today.

I have given you example earlier. Another example below.

When you say "the gods are asleep", you won't ask whether it's on bed or mat. You will know that it refers to either the gods did nothing in a situation or people weren't heard by such god. That is literature for you.

We can't loose our sense of literacy and grammar education when it comes to bible. Scriptures also are work of literature.
Yes the Bible is a literature, just like Shakespeare and all other fiction, storys and even fantasy, I can clearly remember dragon in it, Game of throne style.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by hoopernikao: 11:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
Yes the Bible is a literature, just like Shakespeare and all other fiction, storys and even fantasy, I can clearly remember dragon in it, Game of throne style.

You are derailing again. Let's keep the focus.

You raised some issues and that's what we are looking at. You don't have to believe the bible but what is required of you in all things is to present what you read in it with all honesty without deceit. You will an then draw your argument or detest from that.

Personally, I know you aren't a dishonest person but just haven't read it well the way you should as with all literature. That is what I am trying to make you see here.

At least you need to start from the point of reading it properly, it will help you to understand the flow of sequence, activities, actions and thoughts. It will also help you to either be more resolute in your rejection of its intent or draw closer to accepting its true intent.

So, what is key now and the point here is to know and be sure that what you read and how you interpret even the literal writings of the bible is actually what was presented in it including obeying its grammatical construction. Don't you thing that will present you as honest and open hearted?
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 11:57pm On Jun 15, 2020
hoopernikao:

You are derailing again. Let's keep the focus.

You raised some issues and that's what we are looking at. You don't have to believe the bible but what is required of you in all things is to present what you read in it with all honesty without deceit. You will an then draw your argument or detest from that.

Personally, I know you aren't a dishonest person but just haven't read it well the way you should as with all literature. That is what I am trying to make you see here.

At least you need to start from the point of reading it properly, it will help you to understand the flow of sequence, activities, actions and thoughts. It will also help you to either be more resolute in your rejection of its intent or draw closer to accepting its true intent.

So, what is key now and the point here is to know and be sure that what you read and how you interpret even the literal writings of the bible is actually what was presented in it including obeying its grammatical construction. Don't you thing that will present you as honest and open hearted?
Buhahaha what is this, some kind of split personality, cheesy , you were brutal with your previous post now clam and gentle wtf.

The entertainment I get for free on Nairaland.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by GRIMMJOE(m): 12:09am On Jun 16, 2020
hoopernikao:

You saying God rested is literature is perspective, some people consider beheading a Art, a master piece, 72 virgins and enjoyments, these are all perspective, no two perspective is greater than the other as they all will claim right.

And this lead us to the next point consistent contradiction, if it happens the first time you say it's literature, but when it happens to the extent a so called powerful God is clueless then that God is inexistent .
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by hoopernikao: 12:30am On Jun 16, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
You saying God rested is literature is perspective, some people consider beheading a Art, a master piece, 72 virgins and enjoyments, these are all perspective, no two perspective is greater than the other as they all will claim right.

And this lead us to the next point consistent contradiction, if it happens the first time you say it's literature, but when it happens to the extent a so called powerful God is clueless then that God is inexistent .

You still haven't gotten it. I am not discussing people, or other persons with you. I am discusing what is written, the bible. I am focusing on the literacy of the text because for now that is what you will accept as no one will doubt a text you are seeing and reading and say it wasn't written.

I am not looking at bible interpretation based on its revelation but simply as an historical literature.

So, what I mean is that you flawed when you read "rest" and you see it as weakness. I am sure you agree with me that we won't do such in other literature else we will be seen as not literate in that field.

Therefore when you examine the text of the bible, ensure you read it properly to understand it's usage of words. Take what is direct and literal as literal, take what you are figure a figure. Take grammatical construction in its context not outside. This is how professionals read and am sure you understand that.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by hoopernikao: 12:41am On Jun 16, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
Buhahaha what is this, some kind of split personality, cheesy , you were brutal with your previous post now clam and gentle wtf.

The entertainment I get for free on Nairaland.

Brutal? I will like you to point me to the very post that show such. I dont think that refer to any of my response to you.

What I have consistently show you is that you should take carefulness and properness to read and understand what you query or what you want to speak against. Most times I see so much ignorance displayed in the open here on Nairaland especially from those who know nothing about the scriptures or have anything to do with it. The reason I first asked you if you have read the scriptures well. Because just by simply reading this literature book, there are questions that shouldn't be asked at all if the person read well read carefully and also intelligently.

So, it is wisdom to study well and know your points so as not to appear lost in the middle of engagement.

So, is it clear now that when you read "God rest", it is a wrong reading and wrong point to say God is limited because you think it's talking about something of resting after doing heavy exercise.

At least we should be clear on that first. The Rest is to Cease from work. Your accepting this will allow you to see and read other places carefully and very well afterwards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (237) (Reply)

Symbolism,Satanism,Illuminati,and Mind Control in Music / Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. / Do You Know That 'dab' Dance Move Is Anti-christ Demonic? Here's Why!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.