Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,086 members, 7,939,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 02:19 AM

How Long Does She Need To Wait To Get Her Immigrant Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Long Does She Need To Wait To Get Her Immigrant Visa (1114 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / How Much Bank Statement Do You Need For Non Immigrant Visa To Yankee? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does She Need To Wait To Get Her Immigrant Visa by prettieton(f): 9:46pm On Jan 20, 2011
My mum has been in the U S A for over 6 months expecting her immigrant visa to be sent to her as she travelled with a non immigrant visa.she got over there and my dad filed a petition on her behalf and she has done interview. both for how long will she need to wait to get the visa.
Re: How Long Does She Need To Wait To Get Her Immigrant Visa by anfanio: 3:08pm On Jan 31, 2011
Did your Dad file for her as a spouse? if so why didn't she apply for a spouse visa from Nigeria? Is he a Citizen or green card holder? so many questions, did she leave Nigeria with B1/B2 visa? Depend on the situation, it could take sometime.
Re: How Long Does She Need To Wait To Get Her Immigrant Visa by prettieton(f): 4:37pm On Jan 31, 2011
@anfanio, yes my dad filed for her and he is a citizen. he could not file for her from here becos the reason best known to him
and she left with a non immigrant visa.
Re: How Long Does She Need To Wait To Get Her Immigrant Visa by anfanio: 5:13pm On Jan 31, 2011
It's OK. It all depends on when he filed, where they live (state) and the documents submitted. I'm thinking its going to take some months. Just be patient. However, your Dad can file for you too, now. Why wait?
Re: How Long Does She Need To Wait To Get Her Immigrant Visa by johnkent(m): 8:47pm On Jan 31, 2011
If she already had her interview, the case should have been decided immediately by the USCIS officer who conducted the interview after the interview unless her background check is still pending.
She should be calling USCIS 30 days after the interview if she hasn't heard from them.
Re: How Long Does She Need To Wait To Get Her Immigrant Visa by OvieE: 10:16pm On Jan 31, 2011
johnkent:

If she already had her interview, the case should have been decided immediately by the USCIS officer who conducted the interview after the interview unless her background check is still pending.
She should be calling USCIS 30 days after the interview if she hasn't heard from them.

Good answer. The best she can do now is wait and make some call after 30 days if no word from the USCIS.

Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Embassy In Germany Collects €500 On Each Deported Nigerian / I Didn't Include My Mail Address In This Year Visa Lottery Help. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.