Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,431 members, 7,888,335 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 03:51 AM

What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? (32629 Views)

What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? / What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Bumper0901(m): 2:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
Most marriages started with love and ended due to disrespect. No sane man would divorce a respectful wife.

7 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by vicarinz: 2:58pm On Jun 10, 2020
the both keeps it last longer and forever ( Love & Respect )

2 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by paulolee(m): 2:58pm On Jun 10, 2020
understanding and respect for me.
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Judolisco(m): 2:58pm On Jun 10, 2020
Love, respect and money ���
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by phemmyfour: 2:58pm On Jun 10, 2020
johnrix:
Married men in the house, which do you see keeps your marriage - love for your wife or Respect for her?

On one hand, one lady who is all nice and sweet, puts all her emotions into the rship, but her attitude, intellect needs some work. You are ready to help build her, educate her but you fear you might not respect that much. Her dream is a loving husband.

On the other hand, another lady, is not the loving/romantic type type, a little cold, but she is responsible and smart. You respect her a lot, but it looks, you will both have to grow the love. She'll have the tendency, say any disrespect, I'm packing my bags instead of working things out. Her primary focus is to be respected in her marriage.

Lastly, what do you ladies want? I hear some women say love, some say respect, some say both. It varies based on those who believe strongly in love vs those who don't want disrespect from their husbands. But one thing is sure, most women deep down want one over the other.
What is love without respect .....that's fake love

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by snoopanddre(m): 2:59pm On Jun 10, 2020
Both

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by proff010: 2:59pm On Jun 10, 2020
LOVE
If you love him/her, naturally, respect will come. You will just see that you can't do things that will hurt your spouse.
You can have absolute respect for someone you don't love like your boss in your place of work, you can hate him/her at the same time respect him/her.

2 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Miner13: 2:59pm On Jun 10, 2020
Tolerance
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by OKTolu: 2:59pm On Jun 10, 2020
Both respect and love

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by TheKingIsHere: 2:59pm On Jun 10, 2020
Money.

If money no dey, there is no love or respect
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by emerged01(m): 3:00pm On Jun 10, 2020
Love and respect!

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by CodeTemplar: 3:01pm On Jun 10, 2020
love + trust should do...
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by nzeobikonki(m): 3:01pm On Jun 10, 2020
Non of the above.........

Only the Power to Uphold and Abide by the Rules of Engagement, which has been sworn under Oat from both parties can keep a marriage together.

Uphold and Abide
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by JimmyfixDesigns: 3:01pm On Jun 10, 2020
johnrix:
Married men in the house, which do you see keeps your marriage - love for your wife or Respect for her?

On one hand, one lady who is all nice and sweet, puts all her emotions into the rship, but her attitude, intellect needs some work. You are ready to help build her, educate her but you fear you might not respect that much. Her dream is a loving husband.

On the other hand, another lady, is not the loving/romantic type type, a little cold, but she is responsible and smart. You respect her a lot, but it looks, you will both have to grow the love. She'll have the tendency, say any disrespect, I'm packing my bags instead of working things out. Her primary focus is to be respected in her marriage.

Lastly, what do you ladies want? I hear some women say love, some say respect, some say both. It varies based on those who believe strongly in love vs those who don't want disrespect from their husbands. But one thing is sure, most women deep down want one over the other.

Respect. Love is just a unifying something. Without other important things like respect, tolerance, money... Love is useless in a marriage.
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by henzy4life: 3:01pm On Jun 10, 2020
In my own opinion,if u love me, I will respect u to d core but wen I couldn't perceive any smell of love from u,omo come see disrespect to the fullest. So love is the no 1 cos if I love u, I will respect u
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by yomip3t(m): 3:01pm On Jun 10, 2020
Love other
Understand each other
Respect each other

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by smiliyB(f): 3:01pm On Jun 10, 2020
Someone that love you will definitely respect you...they go hand in hand, it can't be possible for someone to love you and not respect you... where is love in disrespect undecided

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Davash222(m): 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2020
Righteousness89:

Wife Submit to Husband
Husband Love your wife

Every other thing falls in place..
Nairaland's resident feminists won't like this.

3 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Jms85(m): 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2020
johnrix:

Love is d superb....marriage means love n vice versa...
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Abfinest007(m): 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2020
love is u can't say u love someone without respecting him
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Nopretence: 3:03pm On Jun 10, 2020
johnrix:
Married men in the house, which do you see keeps your marriage - love for your wife or Respect for her? Its the love i have for my wife couple with the respect she accord me

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by kyuniii(m): 3:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
Love, because if you don't love your partner you can't respect him or her, my opinion.

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by mamatwiny(f): 3:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
None of the above but commitment.
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Jms85(m): 3:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
love of course...The question is devoid of understanding.. cus true respect emanates from love.

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by ogawisdom(m): 3:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
Submission and money

A man sees submission as love

A woman sees money as love

2 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Moboj: 3:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
Op
Money is like the binding wire that binds the two together in most cases.
Culturally and economically money breeds respect
Love for one's spouse makes it last
So that list isn't complete,biko put money.
For the Wife,she wants a strong sense of financial competence this will automatically breed respect.
For the Husband the only thing he should demand is a loving wife cause it breeds a persevering,supportive and trusting Wife which is a useful key in Marriage.
So OP it is love and money
Money foots materialism,love foots mentalism.
Cause love and respect fades away 80% times when there's no money

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by nzeobikonki(m): 3:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
[quote author=johnrix post=90474765]Married men in the house, which do you see keeps your marriage - love for your wife or Respect for her?

Lastly, what do you ladies want? I hear some women say love, some say respect, some say both. It varies based on those who believe strongly in love vs those who don't want disrespect from their husbands. But one thing is sure, most women deep down want one over the other. [/quote]

Only the Power to Uphold and Abide by the Rules of Engagement, which has been sworn by Oat from both parties can keep a marriage together.

Uphold and Abide
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by nzeobikonki(m): 3:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
johnrix:

On the other hand, another lady, is not the loving/romantic type type, a little cold, but she is responsible and smart. You respect her a lot, but it looks, you will both have to grow the love. She'll have the tendency, say any disrespect, I'm packing my bags instead of working things out. Her primary focus is to be respected in her mmarriagearriage.

Only the Power to Uphold and Abide by the Rules of Engagement, which has been sworn under Oat from both parties can keep a marriage together.

Uphold and Abide
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
johnrix:

Well, the bottom line is love. If their is love not 30/70 or 40/60 kind of love o. I dey talk about 50/50 love between husband and wife, there would be respect.

But if there is no love and what the two have is only respect, the marriage will crash someday.

Love is the main thing.

Biblically, "Husbands love your wives. Wives respect your husband"

Although, the Bible did not say Husbands respect your wives but it is obvious that any man that truly loves his wife will respect her.

Also, although the Bible did not say wives love your husband but instead, it is respect your husband. It is obvious any wife that respects his husband loves him.

Love is the The Bottom Line.

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Samiah33(m): 3:09pm On Jun 10, 2020
[color=#550000][/color]
Righteousness89:

Wife Submit to Husband
Husband Love your wife

Every other thing falls in place..

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, marriage hinge on this two things. If a man loves his wife dearly there is nothing he won’t or can’t do to make her happy( mind you loving someone involves respect) while for the wife deep respect

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Mcreloaded(m): 3:10pm On Jun 10, 2020
It's easier to understand Nigeria's problem and solve them than to ever understand a woman talk less of solving her problem.
Respect is better in a marriage than love.
Respect is reciprocal, but woe onto man as in woman, I meant woman lol they are just a necessary evil that should be tolerated and when you feel you are no longer safe then make sure you run for your life after all marriage not to by force.

Meat go hungry man and he go see cow begin dey call am broda , woe man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) / HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning / How Pregnancy Changed My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.