Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,429 members, 7,888,331 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 03:34 AM

What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? (32628 Views)

What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? / What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by professore(m): 9:40pm On Jun 10, 2020
Both are the best. grin
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Beautyaddy: 9:52pm On Jun 10, 2020
Neither Love or Respect

Good Finances.
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Toks2008(m): 11:18pm On Jun 10, 2020
johnrix:
Married men in the house, which do you see keeps your marriage - love for your wife or Respect for her?

On one hand, one lady who is all nice and sweet, puts all her emotions into the rship, but her attitude, intellect needs some work. You are ready to help build her, educate her but you fear you might not respect that much. Her dream is a loving husband.

On the other hand, another lady, is not the loving/romantic type type, a little cold, but she is responsible and smart. You respect her a lot, but it looks, you will both have to grow the love. She'll have the tendency, say any disrespect, I'm packing my bags instead of working things out. Her primary focus is to be respected in her marriage.

Lastly, what do you ladies want? I hear some women say love, some say respect, some say both. It varies based on those who believe strongly in love vs those who don't want disrespect from their husbands. But one thing is sure, most women deep down want one over the other.

Forgiveness and Tolerance are the two most vital factors
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by CurvyDestiny7: 11:39pm On Jun 10, 2020
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by sunnyokou: 11:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
As a matter of fact, somone cannot even love a woman he does not respect, and u can't safely say u love her without respect, the two are intricately woven!
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Pataricatering(f): 12:46am On Jun 11, 2020
Righteousness89:
Submission and Love
submission because you have two heads ? Irrelevant people always looking for who to lord it over .
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by ABJ4Real(m): 1:28am On Jun 11, 2020
You squandered the opportunity to be champion.

Oooh FTC again

Why ftc the rush me nah?.

The only thing that keeps a marriage going is when the partners Respect Love....

And money.

Let me use this chance to propose that FG should allow open up all olosho business and support the...

Let a brothel b 5miles from every home...

And reduce their prices...

The way I dey see rape thread for nairaland Don tire me and my niggas [/quote]
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by oshorstan(m): 3:20am On Jun 11, 2020
Husband love your wife , be responsible, don't bad mouth her, pay her bills (50%) with the children's. Over look her flaws!

women love and Honour your man, be responsible, don't bad mouth him b4 your gossip mates and family members.

pay his bills (25%)
buy shoes and pens for him.
starch his sleeves
Allow him to watch his Football jejely
and give him better Bedroom skills

Wahala will depart from that house in Jesus name
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Reucy(f): 9:09am On Jun 11, 2020
To me, respect matters more, how about when the love dies down in marriage? What can keep you going in the marriage is Respect. With respect loyalty is bore and can even rekindle back the love.

My thought shaa
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by lucky4west: 12:08pm On Jun 11, 2020
respect....respect gives room for alot of things that allows love to thrive, if u respect each other u will trust each other to be good and capable of doing their thing, respect allow for space and other good stuff...love is quicly followed by jealousy nd other dispositions that always make people uncomfortable
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Lagyaovye33: 12:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
Love is the greatest.love leads to respect.if i love u,then i will always do what will make u happy.
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 11, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Book, Chapter and verse?

Colossians 3:18-19
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by opey112(m): 12:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
If you love truly .. you will respect
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Larcardii(f): 12:46pm On Jun 11, 2020
KanwuliaExtra:
Dear Nigerian husbands.
I don’t want either LOVE or RESPECT from y’all.
Reason? You are quite INCAPABLE of such basic emotions. Please, stop deceiving yourselves and acknowledge you are not created to give/receive love or respect. kiss

Please, PAY THE DAMN BILLS and TAKE CARE OF YOUR KIDS. As in 50/50! I am fine with dat! That is what love and respect means to moi.Simple. kiss

Not asking for much abi? I can love and respect myself with or without your help.

Thanks!❤️
na why dem dey kill some of Una...so u don't want someone dat loves u...
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Larcardii(f): 12:48pm On Jun 11, 2020
asahnwaKC:
Africa marriage is mostly kids that keep them together...no love..no respect. Nothing undecided
Gbam

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by merieam16(f): 11:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ugaboy:
SO YOUR HUBBY LOVES IT WHEN U NAG...tell him he needs premium sense
or it will end in premium tears grin
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by KanwuliaExtra: 12:41am On Jun 12, 2020
Larcardii:
na why dem dey kill some of Una...so u don't want someone dat loves u...

Is that what you gathered from my “opinion”?

I repeat:

KanwuliaExtra:

Dear Nigerian husbands. . . . . . ❤️

Please, PAY THE DAMN BILLS and TAKE CARE OF YOUR KIDS. As in 50/50! I am fine with dat! That is what love and respect means to moi.Simple. kiss

Not asking for much abi? I can love and respect myself with or without your help.

Thanks!❤️

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) / HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning / How Pregnancy Changed My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.