Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,379 members, 7,881,355 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:37 PM

Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President (15231 Views)

LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi / NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN / 64 Senators Endorse Bukola Saraki For Senate Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 11:07pm On Jan 28, 2011
eku_bear:

See, if it were me, I would never wipe out a village. You do that, someone videotapes you committing genocide, it ends up on CNN, then the international community turns against you, freezes you out of cash and credit so that your side cannot buy any more beans/rice/boots/guns/tanks/ships. End result, you lose the war because you wiped out some tiny, meaningless village.

You actually think CNN or the international community gives a dammn about Africa? The only reason why they cared about Southern Sudan is, because of the religious context. People in the West believe they are at war with Islam, and the Western media will paint Islam in a bad light. Having a Christian/Animist South vs. Arab/Muslim North was something the Western media cannot resist.

If a Christian commit an atrocity, the West will not care, but if a Muslim does the same thing, the media will shed light on it. Igbos are predominately Christian. Or should I say overwhelmingly Christian. Christians don't commit atrocities. If the West cared about Africa, they would have gotten rid of the LRA (Lord's Resistance Army).

My people in the past had no problem annihilating a village.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dayokanu(m): 11:08pm On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

You actually think CNN or the international community gives a dammn about Africa? The only reason why they cared about Southern Sudan is, because of the religious context. People in the West believe they are at war with Islam, and the Western media will paint Islam in a bad light.

If a Christian commit an atrocity, the West will not care, but if a Muslim does the same thing, the media will shed light on it. Igbos are predominately Christian. Or should I say overwhelmingly Christian. Christians don't commit atrocities. If the West cared about Africa, they would have gotten rid of the LRA (Lord's Resistance Army).

My people in the past had no problem annihilating a village.

Charles Taylor was it in Europe or was he Moslem
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 11:10pm On Jan 28, 2011
dayokanu:

Charles Taylor was it in Europe or was he Moslem

Charles Taylor was chased out of his country. If he held onto power, he would not have been placed in The Hague. You think the West actually cared about Liberia after William Tolbert was assassinated? The answer is no. The West did not do anything when the illiterate Samuel Doe was acting a fool either.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 11:12pm On Jan 28, 2011
dem_people:

Agreed.  grin

She surely ruffled a lot of feathers. We need people like her to always put our enemies in their place.

I yearn for a strong leader like Ojukwu. Someone who understands our pain. It can be so frustrating at times.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 11:15pm On Jan 28, 2011
Posted by: eku_bear

@OnlyTruth: With all due respect, if it just people who think the same way you do leading, then I would not be very concerned. If your leadership were Abagworo and Eziachi-types, guys who are extremely perceptive, who probably focus on logistics, practicality. . . then it would be more even.

Eziachi Yes! abagworo [/b]NO!

You guys think you are clever. You do the same thing all the time. You lionize weak and clueless Igbos with the hope that they end up leading us. [b]Eziachi
is a Biafra war vet so yes he can!, but abagworo is the Orji Kalu type that believe in serving other Nigerians to gain acceptance.  So, he would likely sell us out to gain local power.

Dude as for me, let's just say that NONE of you guys know or can understand me. THANK GOD.

All I pray is that someone like me will be in the room of strategic planners when the time comes. If anyone like myself was near the top leadership of Biafra, firstly, that war would not have ended the way it did, and all parts of Nigeria would have seen the war. Secondly, Nigeria would not have won. There is no room in my own plans for failure. NONE WHATSOEVER.

If we cannot deliver on that, we would not fight, no matter the level of provocation.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 11:17pm On Jan 28, 2011
dayokanu:

Classic brawns vs Brains.

And the Person who wiped the village out ends up like Charles taylor or Slobodan Milosevic

If Nigeria partitions and there is warfare between Yorubaland and Igboland, the main thing I care about is getting access to international credit. If I have international credit and Igboland does not, then I win (assuming halfway competent military commanders).

Really as simple as that.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 11:20pm On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

You guys think you are clever. You do the same thing all the time. You lionize weak and clueless Igbos with the hope that they end up leading us. [b]Eziachi
is a Biafra war vet so yes he can!, but abagworo is the Orji Kalu type that believe in serving other Nigerians to gain acceptance.  So, he would likely sell us out to gain local power.

If I wanted to lionize a "weak or clueless" Igbo man, I'd have chosen . . . someone else that posted in this thread (shouldn't be hard to guess who I'm referring to.)

Abagworo is probably amongst the best you have. If you guys want to drive him out, so be it!  grin I'd welcome that dude with open arms to join my team.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 11:23pm On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Dude as for me, let's just say that NONE of you guys know or can understand me. THANK GOD.

All I pray is that someone like me will be in the room of strategic planners when the time comes. If anyone like myself was near the top leadership of Biafra, firstly, that war would not have ended the way it did, and all parts of Nigeria would have seen the war. Secondly, Nigeria would not have won. There is no room in my own plans for failure. NONE WHATSOEVER.

If we cannot deliver on that, we would not fight, no matter the level of provocation.

. I wish the we have someone like Abagworo in our team. Your a55 would be fried!!! grin JK
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 11:23pm On Jan 28, 2011

If Nigeria partitions and there is warfare between Yorubaland and Igboland, the main thing I care about is getting access to international credit. If I have international credit and Igboland does not, then I win (assuming halfwar competent military commanders).

Really as simple as that.

I can see you like amusing yourself.
Who told you that Igboland cannot get international credit? You forget that two Igbos are in the world bank and Igbos are scattered throughout the world more than Yorubas.

Few Igbo can even sponsor the entire war.

Our problem is not even money, but the conviction.
If Nigeria ever push us to that level where we become convinced that there is no other way out than war, you will see a round two. Completely different from the one you cannot see past.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 11:24pm On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

That is what I was thinking.

Andy they like ChinenyeN as well due to clannish leanings.

These Yoruba think they are smart. They are cunning I tell you. grin
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 11:25pm On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Who told you that Igboland cannot get international credit? You forget that two Igbos are in the world bank and Igbos are scattered throughout the world more than Yorubas.

If Nigeria ever push us to that level where we become convinced that there is no other way out than war, you will see a round two. Completely different from the one you cannot see past.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecidedLets stop this chest beating. No one is pushing no one. We are all brothers.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 11:26pm On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

That is what I was thinking.

Andy they like ChinenyeN as well due to clannish leanings.

These Yoruba think they are smart. They are cunning I tell you.  grin

How I wish God gave us these people! sad
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 11:26pm On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

These Yorubas have some nerve!  grin

We have more high profile Igbos in high positions in the World Bank and other financial institutions that they can even dream of.

They are simply delusional.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dempeople(m): 11:29pm On Jan 28, 2011
jason123:

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecidedLets stop this chest beating. No one is pushing no one. We are all brothers.

We're brothers when its a level playing field for everyone. Clearly, that hasn't happened yet. Belligerents should simply take their positions as stipulated in my earlier post.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 11:31pm On Jan 28, 2011
Posted by: EzeUche_

These Yorubas have some nerve!  Grin

We have more high profile Igbos in high positions in the World Bank and other financial institutions that they can even dream of.

I'm laughing at them because they think that only they have the capability to "loose their souls" to gain the upper hand.

The thing is this, they have not been able to think past 1967 -70 Nigerian victory over Biafra.
That mindset will prove their undoing in any future war.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 28, 2011
Ibo want to produce senate president ?  cry cry cry cry

after all the disgraceful performance and thieving attitude of wabara and okadigbo,.  tongue
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Chyz2: 11:36pm On Jan 28, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Ibo want to produce senate president ?  cry cry cry cry

after all the disgraceful performance and thieving attitude of wabara and okadigbo,.  tongue

Yeah just like the looting bank-ole is doing now and the looting obj did tongue grin
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 28, 2011
Chyz*:

Yeah just like the looting bank-ole is doing now and the looting obj did tongue grin
how are we sure dora won't break the records of her past ibo brothers knowing fully well her sophistication in a s s licking and corruption ? lipsrsealed cry
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 11:42pm On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Who told you that Igboland cannot get international credit?
You seem to have misread, or perhaps not noticed the "if." Perhaps worth reading the posts that preceded it.

Assuming equal access to international credit, then other factors come into play. But the point is, if one side did something that would stand a good chance of removing their access to this (e.g., wiping out a village), then the other side has a huge advantage.

You forget that two Igbos are in the world bank and Igbos are scattered throughout the world more than Yorubas.
Regarding your first comment, certainly, having connections are useful. But would this translate into loans for a nation? Not sure. What would be used to guarantee the loan?
Regarding the second, yes. . . if you can convince lots of people to take out loans and send the cash, very useful.
Regarding the third, on the order of several billion dollars would be needed, I think, probably quite a bit more. Do you think you can find a "few" guys who together (A) have this cash (B) are willing to provide it to sponsor this war?

If you say so. Like I said, the same logistic issues that were there in the first one are still there today. If not worse.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 11:45pm On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

These Yorubas have some nerve!  grin

When it comes time to raise cash, I'd much rather have dudes at Credit Suisse, Morgan Stanley, BoA etc than the World Bank. With that said, I'm not sure how Yoruba and Igbo compare in this, respectively.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 11:45pm On Jan 28, 2011
eku_bear:

If you say so. Like I said, the same logistic issues that were there in the first one are still there today. If not worse.

It is worse my brother. If Onlytruth becomes the igbo leader,  cry cry cry cry cry cry. Their predicament just started!  cry cry cry
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 11:46pm On Jan 28, 2011
Let me leave for now by saying the following to help educate my Igbo brothers about Yoruba mindset which should help us in the future if necessary.

Lesson 1:

In a conflict, Yoruba lack conscience, and they can do ANYTHING to win over the Igbo.  So bear that in mind. If you tell a Yoruba to sleep with his mother as part of a "juju ritual" that will give him victory over the Igbo, he would do it. Igbo would not, even if he would lose the war because of it. MAJOR difference. So, never forget that.

Lesson 2:

Yoruba, though weak and cowardly, can stay a course of action for a long time. If you doubt me, look at Akintola Williams accounting firm and find out how long it has been there. Same with Rotimi Williams law firm. Igbo are more of the "100 meter dash" type, so we need to bear that in mind. We will likely gain the upper hand over them fast in a war, but we need to sustain it over a long time.

There are MANY more lessons about them which I can NEVER discuss here.
Bye for now.

Signing off,

Onlytruth.  cool cool cool
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 11:48pm On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Let me leave for now by saying the following to help educate my Igbo brothers about Yoruba mindset which should help us in the future if necessary.

Lesson 1:

In a conflict, Yoruba lack conscience, and they can do ANYTHING to win over the Igbo.  So bear that in mind. If you tell a Yoruba to sleep with his mother as part of a "juju ritual" that will give him victory over the Igbo, he would do it. Igbo would not, even if he would lose the war because of it. MAJOR difference. So, never forget that.

Lesson 2:

Yoruba, though weak and cowardly, can stay a course of action for a long time. If you doubt me, look at Akintola Williams accounting firm and find out how long it has been there. Same with Rotimi Williams law firm. Igbo are more of the "100 meter dash" type, so we need to bear that in mind. We will likely gain the upper hand over them fast in a war, but we need to sustain it over a long time.

Bye for now.

Signing off,

This Onlutruth sef! grin grin grin grin. So you have been monitoring your "enemies", abi? grin grin cool. No one is fight anyone. May peace reign!!!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Lesson 1:

Lesson 2:

Bye for now.

Signing off,

why all these fear of domination and insecurity by ibo ?  undecided
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by reporter1: 11:57pm On Jan 28, 2011
jason123:

This Onlutruth sef! grin grin grin grin. So you have been monitoring your "enemies", abi? grin grin cool. No one is fight anyone. May peace reign!!!

Onlytruth:

Lesson 1:

Lesson 2:

Bye for now.

Signing off,

Going to Ivory Coast in search of peace?
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 11:57pm On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Lesson 1:

Lesson 2:

Yoruba, though weak and cowardly, c[b]an stay a course of action for a long time. If you doubt me, look at Akintola Williams accounting firm and find out how long it has been there. Same with Rotimi Williams law firm. Igbo are more of the "100 meter dash" type, so we need to bear that in mind. We will likely gain the upper hand over them fast in a war, but we need to sustain it over a long time.[/b]

Bye for now.

Signing off,

I agree

When it comes to staying power, no one even comes close!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 12:02am On Jan 29, 2011
I would go so far as to say that even the Hausa are not truly our enemies. A distraction and annoyance, yes. But one that can be dealt with when the time comes.

Hopefully people like @jason123 who are a bit too optimistic about things see what the reality on the ground is, who our enemies are.

Nigeria is not the sort of place where you can sit on the fence, or try to be friends with everyone.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Nobody: 12:07am On Jan 29, 2011
eku_bear:

I would go so far as to say that even the Hausa are not truly our enemies. A distraction and annoyance, yes. But one that can be dealt with when the time comes.

Hopefully people like @jason123 who are a bit too optimistic about things see what the reality on the ground is, who our enemies are.

Nigeria is not the sort of place where you can sit on the fence, or try to be friends with everyone.
but these are the same people that feel a southern nigeria can truly be united. shocked I can now see why Awolowo didnt buy their idea.mscheew
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 12:15am On Jan 29, 2011
Onlytruth:

Lesson 1:

Lesson 2:

Bye for now.

Signing off,

bullshit angry angry angry

onlytruth, that is why we fight

when you make yorubas feel superior over us angry angry

i totally hate when you do this

we igbos are do not have inferiority complex angry

it is just like the way black people blame the whites for there woes angry angry bullshit
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Chyz2: 12:21am On Jan 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

but these are the same people that feel a southern nigeria can truly be united. shocked I can now see why Awolowo didnt buy their idea.mscheew

Who says they want a southern nigeria.ha. lol. Get out of here gbenga. grin
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 12:21am On Jan 29, 2011
@Bluetooth: Not a fan. If Nigeria breaks apart, then it makes sense to seek alliances, perhaps political union with our neighbors. But not really with our enemy.

Southern Nigeria makes as little sense as Nigeria does.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 29, 2011
Chyz*:

Who says they want a southern nigeria.ha. lol. Get out of here gbenga. grin
biafra ? dead idea.southern nigeria ? impossible .

ibos should know their position in Nigeia and deal with it.the earlier,the better.
eku_bear:

@Bluetooth: Not a fan. If Nigeria breaks apart, then it makes sense to seek alliances, perhaps political union with our neighbors. But not really with our enemy.

Southern Nigeria makes as little sense as Nigeria does.
the same inferiority complex exhibited by most ibo nlers is exactly what dora is showing to the world;always scared of yoruba dominating them even when in

fact yoruba are far above them politically.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Ihedioha Orders Compulsory Teaching Of Igbo Language In Schools / President Buhari Meets With Nigerians In Diaspora In Kigali, Rwanda / Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.