Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,747 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:44 AM

Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President (15226 Views)

LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi / NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN / 64 Senators Endorse Bukola Saraki For Senate Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 7:05pm On Jan 28, 2011
Jah Man:

@fstranger,bluetooth,Aigbofa 'la nwoke',etc,

Do you really represent the yoruba tribe?If yes,then shame on 'you' all.
I called a yoruba colleague to come and see what you guys type in NL and he was shocked.Why?He thought that the majority of NLs are enlightened,and if they can be this tribalistic,then,there seems to be little or no hope for this country.

I like ignoring tribalism,though I have been a victim.After NYSC,I passed Arthur Andersen test,and we were only 4 that passed,but one senior manager then(names withheld) from the west felt I wasn't so good at the 3rd stage.
I applied for CBN job via phillips consulting and they refused to call me and my guys,however my guy had someone from Abuja call phillips and he was allowed to take the test without IV.He came out and told me that 90% of those invited were just from 2 schools, OAU Ife and UI.
The same consulting firm refused to shortlist me for Mobil and LNG test and in the process even omitted my yoruba friend because he studied from UNN.
I passed FCMB test and went for interview panel constituting of westerners only.Aside Bolaji Balogun who was thrilled by my result,others were behaving like they saw shyt.I never got the job.

My 1st test after NYSC was for National Bank,and I was the 3rd nationwide(WAEC exam) but never got the job.
I wrote Nolchem test(now Conoil) but they deliberately brought my offer letter the same day I should be having the interview(and ofcourse I was already working) and so tried the next day,but they couldn't attend to me.

I wrote FBN test(WAEC also) and 15 minutes when we entered the hall,some yoruba boys were already submitting.We later found out that their relations in WAEC 'leaked' the exam for them.

I will go on and on.That is where tribalism pains me most.If it's about politics,let anybody enter there and if he performs,who cares about his tribe.But I am indeed really sorry to say this,the yorubas take this tribal sentiment too far even into professional business/career.
The North, yes, is doing it so as to get a slot even when they are not qualified.I sympathise with them.But the yorubas keep 'cheating' people with the myth that they are the 'better educated' ones and so should ordinarily have more share of whatever job/career.This is not true.
Let me stop here,but I will advise, those guys I mentioned above should learn to keep tribalism out of what they are known for in NL.

Now this is the truth. Yoruba tribalism knows no bound.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 7:08pm On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

Believe whatever you want to believe

Quick question: Which of the following would you employ:

A 2:2 from Yale or A First class from University of Maryland?

Please be honest?
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 7:11pm On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

@Jah Man

Your experiences narrated here captures the whole truth about corporate Nigeria and Yoruba tribalism.

I cannot say this enough, I am yet to meet a group in Africa that rival the Yoruba in tribalism. Quote me anyday!

Mind you that these companies are mainly either parastatals or public companies which were shared immediately after the civil war by Awolowo. None of them was formed by the Yoruba. They are Nigerian companies formed in conjunction with multinationals. Yet they have been effectively stolen and seized by these people.

I and many of my non-Yoruba friends passed through the same unparalleled level of tribalism from Yoruba's seating on strategic positions in corporate Nigeria.

It is a known fact in Nigeria; and to me, one of the PRIME reasons why a southern Nigeria can never be possible, because I cannot envisage the Yoruba weaning themselves off that type of tribalism. Somehow they believe within themselves that in a fair competition, the Igbo would beat them. So, they resort to cheating and "parapoism".
Painful truth.

That is why I laugh anytime I see Becomrich adding Edo, Delta and Bayelsa to his Benin republic, as if those groups enjoy slavery and discrimination. undecided

I thought you all boast that igbos control the economy, then why are you now shouting that yorubas control the corporate Nigeria? You are a hypocrite who would do anything to discredit the yorubas and credit the igbos. I just laugh at the way you change the goal post. Do you know that there is an igbo man in my university that is sponsored by the lagos state fovernment although he is not thst smart (academically).

Onlytruth, your lies know no bounds.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 7:13pm On Jan 28, 2011
Jah Man:

If you guys have read my posts before you know I don't thrive in insults and don't tolerate it either.
To answer your questions however,I guess you could have guessed my class of degree by the fact that I was invited for job test/interview by Arthur Andersen/KPMG, you should know their employment policy.
Before you think further,I have a 1st class honors(not boasting anywhere) and the person employed had a 2.1.

Before accusing the Igbos of tribalism please let me hear your facts not mere battle of words,and then I will release more facts.I am not interested in painting any tribe red,but truly I hate the tribalistic tendencies exhibited by the "metro-tribalistic enclave called yorubaland,and the homo sapiens that have their abode there"
LWKMD!

Mr. jah. If you finished from Oxford with a 3rd class and I finish from south bank university with a first. Who do you think would get employed first? Do you know the amount of investment yorubas have in education?
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 7:16pm On Jan 28, 2011
jason123:

I thought you all boast that igbos control the economy, then why are you now shouting that yorubas control the corporate Nigeria? You are a hypocrite who would do anything to discredit the yorubas and credit the igbos. I just laugh at the way you change the goal post. Do you know that there is an igbo man in my university that is sponsored by the lagos state fovernment although he is not thst smart (academically).

Dont stoop low to their level, let them wallow in their ignorance.

The other mumu in his original mumu post tried insinuating that Yorubas only rely on Expos to do well on WAEC. Imagine such level of ignorance from the co called "smart guy"

Like you said yesterday, Inferiority complex is really really bad for business. Didnt know how bad inferiority complex is until I joined NL.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 7:16pm On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

Because we do not want Azikwe to rule us when he cannot even rule his people? No matter how you demonise the yorubas, it does not affect them.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Rhino5dm: 7:16pm On Jan 28, 2011
fstranger1:

Believe whatever you want to believe

Quick question: Which of the following would you employ:

A 2:2 from Yale or A First class from University of Maryland?

Please be honest?

The most intelligent with a better skills to help me make more money. forget about those papers.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 7:17pm On Jan 28, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

The most intelligent with a better skills to help me make more money. forget about those papers.

Thank you my brother
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 7:19pm On Jan 28, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Exactly!!!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 7:23pm On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

If the tribalism of the yorubas know no bounds, how come you saying, "we rule lagos"? I mean, they should be killing you all if they were that tribal. Or they should not allow the igbo commissioner since they are very tribal. Have you seen an igbo man ruling any northern state? Yet they are not tribal but the yorubas are tribal. KMT!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 7:24pm On Jan 28, 2011
jason123:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

and this people still say yorubas are evil shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

well,., shakes my head at igbo

ingrates
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 7:25pm On Jan 28, 2011
jason123:

If the tribalism of the yorubas know no bounds, how come you saying, "we rule lagos"? I mean, they should be killing you all if they were that tribal. Or they should not allow the igbo commissioner since they are very tribal. Have you seen an igbo man ruling any northern state? Yet they are not tribal but the yorubas are tribal. KMT!

jason ,.,. dey no born them well to even constest not to talk of position angry angry
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 7:26pm On Jan 28, 2011
alj harem:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

and this people still say yorubas are evil shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

well,., shakes my head at igbo

ingrates

It really annoys me. They hate the yorubas and all yet they want is to rule them?! How do people do that?
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 7:27pm On Jan 28, 2011
alj harem:

jason ,.,. dey no born them well to even constest not to talk of position angry angry

HAhahahaha

Alhaji Ucheze Ciroma, you no go kill person for hia ohhhhh
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 7:30pm On Jan 28, 2011
jason123:

It really annoys me. They hate the yorubas and all yet they want is to rule them?! How do people do that?

as my fulani friends alway say "igbos are the most annoying nigerians, they piss everyone off and they also lie a lot"

i dey laff at yorubas

you yorubas better get your acts right before you start fight over lagos and your jobs

if they love yorubas that much, they will not be talking like this,., i tell you

you better start bauchi crisis  on igbos and ijaws in lagos so they will know the reality

they are getting to comfortable in lagos i tell you
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by mensdept: 7:31pm On Jan 28, 2011
Look at all the fools commenting on a newspaper report. Its now turned as usual to a Yoruba vs Igbo rift, when both groups are among the poorest in the world, who's towns, villages, and communities run foul with pollution, waste, deplorable roads, armed robbers, useless Pastors, and GREEDY Prostitute Politicians (along with ARISTO Chics).

Yes, Akunyili is right by saying Nigerians should be represented (tribes, gender, religions, etc) at the national level. Why not an Igbo as Speaker or VP?
No, Akunyili is wrong by implying that the Senate President or any position is the preserve of any group. Why can't a senate prez be Yoruba?

What we need is a return to basics, and that is credible leaders at all levels. And its our responsibility to make sure we are electing or SUPPORTING credible people who can fix our sorry azz smelly country for the better.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 7:33pm On Jan 28, 2011
mens dept:

Look at all the fools commenting on a newspaper report. Its now turned as usual to a Yoruba vs Igbo rift, when both groups are among the poorest in the world, who's towns, villages, and communities run foul with pollution, waste, deplorable roads, armed robbers, useless Pastors, and GREEDY love-peddler Politicians (along with ARISTO Chics).

Yes, Akunyili is right by saying Nigerians should be represented (tribes, gender, religions, etc) at the national level. Why not an Igbo as Speaker or VP?
No, Akunyili is wrong by implying that the Senate President or any position is the preserve of any group. Why can't a senate prez be Yoruba?

What we need is a return to basics, and that is credible leaders at all levels. And its our responsibility to make sure we are electing or SUPPORTING credible people who can fix our sorry azz smelly country for the better.

You are right but since ZONING is out of the way now. There should be no federal character again in the country. May the best win!!!!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 7:35pm On Jan 28, 2011
fstranger1:

HAhahahaha

Alhaji Ucheze Ciroma, you no go kill person for hia ohhhhh

but that is the truth brother

i will not cover the truth,.,.,.,. that rubbish they do in lagos can never happen in the north,, ,., FACT

all that rubbish they say about yorubas is just sad

look at ezeuche, can he insult a northerner even on NL not to talk on the street,.,.,. he will just waste his life for nothing

that is the reality

jahman, why not come apply for a job in kano or borno state and try to see if they job will be given to you when i am there

yes i can not speak english properly, but i know i will get a job before you in those states,.,. fact
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 7:37pm On Jan 28, 2011
alj harem:

but that is the truth brother

i will not cover the truth,.,.,.,. that rubbish they do in lagos can never happen in the north,, ,., FACT

all that rubbish they say about yorubas is just sad

l[b]ook at ezeuche, can he insult a northerner even on NL not to talk on the street,.,.,. he will just waste his life for nothing

that is the reality

jahman, why not come apply for a job in kano or borno state and try to see if they job will be given to you when i am there

yes i can not speak english properly, but i know i will get a job before you in those states,.,. fact[/b]

Omg!

You just made my day!

You da best, Alhaji. . . how was Jumu'ah? Did you pray for me?

Anyway, you've spoken the truth and nothing can change that!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 7:37pm On Jan 28, 2011
mens dept:

Look at all the fools commenting on a newspaper report. Its now turned as usual to a Yoruba vs Igbo rift, when both groups are among the poorest in the world, who's towns, villages, and communities run foul with pollution, waste, deplorable roads, armed robbers, useless Pastors, and GREEDY love-peddler Politicians (along with ARISTO Chics).

mans dept,.,.,., every ethnic group for themselves now

no more zoning if jonathan wins
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Kc3000: 7:38pm On Jan 28, 2011
Lol, Yoruba make una chill with the gra-gra. This is what you expect from your delegates; to make sure your interest is protected. People just get worked up over every little issue, abeg breath in, breath out and go enjoy your lives. Aunty Dora, carry on.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dayokanu(m): 7:39pm On Jan 28, 2011
Jah Bless,

Can you tell me why a Diamond Bank owned by an Igbo man employs 80% Igbos?

GO to any Diamond Bank Hall in Lagos, Ibadan and Abeokuta and see how Ngozis, Emeka, and Chinyere dominate in a SWestern state.

Logic would have had it that People from the particular area would demographically dominate employment in the region.

I have several guys who complain that in the Oil industry tribalism is very prevalent.

From your claims, I also know a Yoruba guy who made a first class and couldnt succeed at Tests and Interviews while Yoruba guys who had 2-1 and 2-2 from the same school got the jobs based on merit.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 7:43pm On Jan 28, 2011
Kc3000:

Lol, Yoruba make una chill with the gra-gra. T[b]his is what you expect from your delegates; to make sure your interest is protected[/b]. People just get worked up over every little issue, abeg breath in, breath out and go enjoy your lives. Aunty Dora, carry on.

Exactly!!! YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE SENSIBLE IGBOS. Just warn your brothers!

dayokanu:

Jah Bless,

Can you tell me why a Diamond Bank owned by an Igbo man employs 80% Igbos?

GO to any Diamond Bank Hall in Lagos, Ibadan and Abeokuta and see how Ngozis, Emeka, and Chinyere dominate in a SWestern state.

Logic would have had it that People from the particular area would demographically dominate employment in the region.

I have several guys who complain that in the Oil industry tribalism is very prevalent.

From your claims, I also know a Yoruba guy who made a first class and couldnt succeed at Tests and Interviews while Yoruba guys who had 2-1 and 2-2 from the same school got the jobs based on merit.

Gbam!!! PLEASE TELL THEM!!!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by playboy19(m): 7:45pm On Jan 28, 2011
Some people are just too ignorant to know what is going on around them. The most tribalistic people in Nigeria are the Hausas and next are the Igbos.

Go to anywhere in Nigeria and speak hausa, they will open door for you. If you go to any cooperation establishment and find 1 hausa man, 1 igbo man and 1 yoruba, pretend to be an hausa, the hausa man will quickly start attending to you speaking "Hausa'', same goes for the igbo speaking igbo to customers instead of English. Only a yoruba man will keep speaking english with you regardless of your tribe cos you are all equal to him.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 7:48pm On Jan 28, 2011
playboy19:

Some people are just too ignorant to know what is going on around them. The most tribalistic people in Nigeria are the Hausas and next are the Igbos.

Go to anywhere in Nigeria and speak hausa, they will open door for you. If you go to any cooperation establishment and find 1 hausa man, 1 igbo man and 1 yoruba, pretend to be an hausa, the hausa man will quickly start attending to you speaking "Hausa'', same goes for the igbo speaking igbo to customers instead of English. Only a yoruba man will keep speaking english with you regardless of your tribe cos you are all equal to him.

Exactly. Once you say, "Nna bros, we be brothers na" Thats it. Yet they could open that their dirty mouths to insults yorubas! I sincerely pity the yorubas sometimes for mixing up. I just hope they would not pay for it one day! cry
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Afam4eva(m): 7:49pm On Jan 28, 2011
playboy19:

Ignorance knows no bounds indeed. I'm sorry for Nigeria.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 7:52pm On Jan 28, 2011
jason123:

Exactly. Once you say, "Nna bros, we be brothers na" Thats it. Yet they could open that their dirty mouths to insults yorubas! I sincerely pity the yorubas sometimes for mixing up. I just hope they would not pay for it one day! cry

jason,.,.,., i pity your yoruba people

they have forgotten with awolowo said "nigeria is a mere geographical expression"

yorubas better wise up undecided
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by playboy19(m): 7:56pm On Jan 28, 2011
afam4eva:

Ignorance knows no bounds indeed. I'm sorry for Nigeria.

Yes it knows no bound but dispute my fact, wise man.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 8:01pm On Jan 28, 2011
This thread must be a Yoruba tribalist convention. Wow. I leave this thread for a hour and this is what happens. Aunty Dora has done it again. grin
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Afam4eva(m): 8:05pm On Jan 28, 2011
playboy19:

Yes it knows no bound but dispute my fact, wise man.

Just grow up and quit thinking like the playboy that you are.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by playboy19(m): 8:13pm On Jan 28, 2011
Alright Sir, Mr. 50-year-old-virgin nerd
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 8:15pm On Jan 28, 2011
Interesting new posts.

@fstranger1: You probably take the Yale 2:1 guy over the University of Maryland 1st class guy. Dunno how these things translate into GPA and class percentile, but you generally take the person who went to the better school, unless that person has a terrible GPA or the lower-tier school guy is exceedingly brilliant.

Regarding tribalism in hiring. . . basically, a private business can hire whoever they like. If it is a Yoruba-owned or controlled business, then it is their prerogative to look to hire Yoruba first before others.

Part of that is just natural human tendency. . . if you can hire your cousin to do a job, why give it to an outsider?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials / APC North-west ‘quashes’ Shehu Sani’s Suspension / How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.