Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,220 members, 7,880,809 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:14 AM

Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President (15228 Views)

LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi / NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN / 64 Senators Endorse Bukola Saraki For Senate Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 8:18pm On Jan 28, 2011
eku_bear:

Interesting new posts.

@fstranger1: You probably take the Yale 2:1 guy over the University of Maryland 1st class guy. Dunno how these things translate into GPA and class percentile, but you generally take the person who went to the better school, unless that person has a terrible GPA or the lower-tier school guy is exceedingly brilliant.

Regarding tribalism in hiring. . . basically, a private business can hire whoever they like. If it is a Yoruba-owned or controlled business, then it is their prerogative to look to hire Yoruba first before others.

Part of that is just natural human tendency. . . if you can hire your cousin to do a job, why give it to an outsider?

Well that is illegal in Nigeria. Just like it is in the U.S. That is why you have diversity programs in many corporations in the U.S. and affirmative action in some sectors.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Afam4eva(m): 8:18pm On Jan 28, 2011
eku_bear:

Part of that is just natural human tendency. . . if you can hire your cousin to do a job, why give it to an outsider?

Not when that outsider is more academically siund than your cousin. Why will you risk your business in the hands of someone because that person is your cousin when there are better people out there.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 8:20pm On Jan 28, 2011
eku_bear:

Interesting new posts.

@fstranger1: You probably take the Yale 2:1 guy over the University of Maryland 1st class guy. Dunno how these things translate into GPA and class percentile, but you generally take the person who went to the better school, unless that person has a terrible GPA or the lower-tier school guy is exceedingly brilliant.

Regarding tribalism in hiring. . . basically, a private business can hire whoever they like. If it is a Yoruba-owned or controlled business, then it is their prerogative to look to hire Yoruba first before others.

Exactly my point: OAU is the Yale of Nigeria while UI represents the Harvard and Oxford of the Nigerian educational system. Therefore a 2:1 or 2:2 from either institution is generally better regarded than any first class form other institutions. OAU and UI accept the cream de la cream of JAMBites. Some schools in the East arent better than elite secondary schools (like Kings, GCI etc) in the SW.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by LoveKing(m): 8:22pm On Jan 28, 2011
Oh Whats all these Noise. Lets just DIVIDE Nigeria now lets all keep QUIET!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 8:22pm On Jan 28, 2011
afam4eva:

Not when that outsider is more academically siund than your cousin. Why will you risk your business in the hands of someone because that person is your cousin when there are better people out there.

Yes, agreed. You cannot afford to pass up some brilliant guy who will dramatically improve your business over some mediocre or incompetent co-ethnic. Nobody in their right mind will do that (assuming they want their business to do well.)

However, very likely this is the case of a 110 versus a 112. Two guys roughly about the same level, similar qualifications and capability, yet one guy getting the spot due to satisfying certain other soft criteria. It isn't like a 130 versus a 105.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 8:25pm On Jan 28, 2011
fstranger1:

Exactly my point: OAU is the Yale of Nigeria while UI represents the Harvard and Oxford of the Nigerian educational system. Therefore a 2:1 or 2:2 from either institution is generally better regarded than any first class form other institutions. OAU and UI accept the cream de la cream of JAMBites. Some schools in the East arent better than elite secondary schools (like Kings, GCI etc) in the SW.

Rubbish. Do not dare compare those universities to Harvard or Oxford. What kind of nonsense are you spewing?
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 8:25pm On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

Well that is illegal in Nigeria. Just like it is in the U.S. That is why you have diversity programs in many corporations in the U.S. and affirmative action in some sectors.

Is it really illegal in Nigeria? In any case, there are always ways to get around this, just as there are in the US.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Afam4eva(m): 8:25pm On Jan 28, 2011
eku_bear:

However, very likely this is the case of a 110 versus a 112. Two guys roughly about the same level, similar qualifications and capability, yet one guy getting the spot due to satisfying certain other soft criteria. It isn't like a 130 versus a 105.
firmative action.

I get your point. It's just like the affirmative action in the US. Tribalism will always be a part of what we do in this country whether we like it or not. People always tend to favour theirs more than others. There are only very few exception. Very few.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 8:30pm On Jan 28, 2011
afam4eva:

firmative action.

I get your point. It's just like the affirmative action in the US. Tribalism will always be a part of what we do in this country whether we like it or not. People always tend to favour theirs more than others. There are only very few exception. Very few.

It is human nature. Everyone is tribalistic. I'm glad that OnlyTruth didn't say Yoruba people are the most tribalistic on Earth, if so I'd say that he has never interacted heavily with Chinese or Jews grin grin grin (not saying this to be racist against them, I admire that they want to keep things in the family.)
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 28, 2011
LoveKing:

Oh Whats all these Noise. Lets just DIVIDE Nigeria now lets all keep QUIET!
LoveKing:

then show ur group d way i think it gonna start.let start this immediately atleast the yorubas want to join benin and the igbos want to leave 2.
Lets forget about been small or losimg this or that afterall some european count who can make it isnt all that big!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 9:07pm On Jan 28, 2011
Posted by: alj harem

as my fulani friends alway say "igbos are the most annoying nigerians, they piss everyone off and they also lie a lot"

i dey laff at yorubas

you yorubas better get your acts right before you start fight over lagos and your jobs

if they love yorubas that much, they will not be talking like this,., i tell you

you better start bauchi crisis  on igbos and ijaws in lagos so they will know the reality

they are getting to comfortable in lagos i tell you

Posted by: alj harem

but that is the truth brother

i will not cover the truth,.,.,.,. that rubbish they do in lagos can never happen in the north,, ,., FACT

all that rubbish they say about yorubas is just sad

look at ezeuche, can he insult a northerner even on NL not to talk on the street,.,.,. he will just waste his life for nothing

that is the reality

jahman, why not come apply for a job in kano or borno state and try to see if they job will be given to you when i am there

yes i can not speak english properly, but i know i will get a job before you in those states,.,. fact

I have one question for you mister desert rat.

Why do you like claiming to be Igbo?

Why do you kiss Igbo a55 all over nairaland since you hate them so much?

Do you think that Igbos stay in Lagos out of anyone's generosity? Dude, do you have a goat brain?
Why can't you think for once in your life?

Whatever Igbo have today in any part of Nigeria was obtained through sheer hardwork and toughness of spirit.

I am happy about your comment above because they capture your true mind. But, get one thing clear. The genocide of the past years on the Igbo by your Kanuri and Hausa/fulani groups will catch up with you one day.

You people have never really fought a war, I keep saying this. And you are the weakest Nigerians.
You corner the military and use it to commit war crimes and other crimes against humanity on UNARMED civilians of Igbo and Ijaw and other eastern Nigerian stock, and beat your chest about it.

Why have your people in Igboland or eastern Nigeria not tried to cause trouble there, since you are so tough?

You can't even defeat the tiny Berom without using the Nigerian army.

Just leave us alone and mind your miserable lives. You are at war in your zone, while Ndigbo are at peace in eastern Nigeria. Finish your war first before coming to us.

As for Lagos, NOBODY dares start trouble against us there. enuff said.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 9:12pm On Jan 28, 2011
^^^^

Next time OPC starts killing your folks, dont go running to the Oba of Lagos for help  ok?
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by mensdept: 9:13pm On Jan 28, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^The SE is not at all that peaceful, and is still lacking in infrastructure. All the regions in Naija are deplorable
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 9:15pm On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

As for Lagos, NOBODY dares start trouble against us there. enuff said.

OPC is not yet ready for your a55! All mouth and no action. If they now touch you, you would be the first to say that, "we are leaving Nigeria", "no one likes us", "we are discriminated against by the yoruba oligarch and the northen caliphate", " we are going to the UN to report you", "this is genocide" ,blah, blah ,blah. Why can't you just live somewhere without attracting violence on yourselves? Bros, live and let live!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 9:17pm On Jan 28, 2011
Posted by: fstranger1

^^^^

Nest time OPC starts killing your folks, dont go running to the Oba of Lagos for help  ok?

I don't know what you are smoking, but the Yoruba have never dared start Kano-like or Kaduna-like or any other northern Nigerian-like pogrom against the Igbo.

If you dare it, then we will chase you into Benin republic.  cool
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 9:18pm On Jan 28, 2011
fstranger1:

^^^^

Next time OPC starts killing your folks, dont go running to the Oba of Lagos for help  ok?
jason123:

OPC is not yet ready for your a55! All mouth and no action. If they now touch you, you would be the first to say that, "we are leaving Nigeria", "no one likes us", "we are discriminated against by the yoruba oligarch and the northen caliphate", " we are going to the UN to report you", "this is genocide" ,blah, blah ,blah. Why can't you just live somewhere without attracting violence on yourselves? Bros, live and let live!

That will be the day when Yorubas start attacking Igbos. When that happens, Lagos will look like a war zone. So you better hope that doesn't happen. We Igbos would rather destroy Lagos than be chased out of it.

If we can't have, then no one can.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 9:20pm On Jan 28, 2011
Lagos and northern Nigeria is like apples and oranges.

Anyone starting trouble there does not like the Yoruba. Simple.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dayokanu(m): 9:21pm On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: fstranger1
I don't know what you are smoking, but the Yoruba have never dared start Kano-like or Kaduna-like or any other northern Nigerian-like pogrom against the Igbo.

If you dare it, then we will chase you into Benin republic.   cool

EzeUche_:

That will be the day when Yorubas start attacking Igbos. When that happens, Lagos will look like a war zone. So you better hope that doesn't happen. We Igbos would rather destroy Lagos than be chased out of it.

If we can't have, then no one can

grin grin grin grin grin

Whats the ratio of Yorubas to Igbos in Lagos. Never mind thos that would come in from Ogun and Ibadan in a twinkling of an eye
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 9:21pm On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

If we can't have, then no one can.

@ LOL
Shebi, the SW is very tribal, right? Wait till you see them get mad!

Can you see that your reinforcements would not be able to get to Lagos. LOL. I laugh at the day you all would try rubbish.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 9:23pm On Jan 28, 2011
Lol. All talk, no action.

But of course, that is your way.

Any time there is wahala in the SW, they flee Lagos like goats.

Actions (or lack thereof) speak louder than bold but empty words.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 9:23pm On Jan 28, 2011
dayokanu:

grin grin grin grin grin

Whats the ratio of Yorubas to Igbos in Lagos. Never mind thos that would come in from Ogun and Ibadan in a twinkling of an eye

Apart from the ones that would come from Benin republic. . . .  .
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 9:25pm On Jan 28, 2011
dayokanu:

grin grin grin grin grin

You do know it would be a 3-way battle. I am pretty sure the Hausas will not be chased out of Lagos. And let us not forget about the warlike Ijaw who have dared to strike at Lagos. It will be a battle Royale! Just try us.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dayokanu(m): 9:25pm On Jan 28, 2011
eku_bear:

Lol. All talk, no action.

But of course, that is your way.

Any time there is wahala in the SW, they flee Lagos like goats.

Actions (or lack thereof) speak louder than bold but empty words

Remember this

"We must fight to the end, We shall not surrender, The Biafran army is winning, Nigeria would soon be decimated"

*Speech On my way to Cote D Voire*
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by mensdept: 9:26pm On Jan 28, 2011
jason123:

Yes you are right. Igbo people should sometimes stop running their mouth like fools, and hold their leaders (not the leaders of others-aka Awolowo, OBJ, Atiku) accountable. They need to also check themselves and their culture ( kidnapping, title taking, even bride price exploitation)

Yet you are wrong if you believe that all Igbo are wanting to bring attention to themselves. Look at the Danish cartoon and how Hausas started to deal with Igbo and Christians.

So the best thing is to be a serious group that is serious about progress
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 9:28pm On Jan 28, 2011
Posted by: dayokanu

You think only numbers decides a war or conflict abi?
I wonder why Israel still exists inspite of millions of arabs surrounding it.

Igbo in Kano stand their grounds and fight against the entire groups there, and you think your people have seen that type of conflict?

Anyway, you can believe whatever you want.  undecided
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dayokanu(m): 9:28pm On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

You do know it would be a 3-way battle. I am pretty sure the Hausas will not be chased out of Lagos. And let us not forget about the warlike Ijaw who have dared to strike at Lagos. It will be a battle Royale! Just try us.

How many times have Ijaw laid claims to lagos or Hausas laid claims to Lagos.

Watch how Hausas would be gladly run with their suya Knives from Agege to Festac town and other Igbo places looking for "Nyamiris" property to loot
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 9:29pm On Jan 28, 2011
mens dept:

Yes you are right. Igbo people should sometimes stop running their mouth like fools, and hold their leaders (not the leaders of others-aka Awolowo, OBJ, Atiku) accountable. They need to also check themselves and their culture ( kidnapping, title taking, even bride price exploitation)

Yet you are wrong if you believe that all Igbo are wanting to bring attention to themselves. Look at the Danish cartoon and how Hausas started to deal with Igbo and Christians.

So the best thing is to be a serious group that is serious about progress

Bro, you are very right. I doubt if there would be any fight in Lagos . . . all these is just internet war grin. But these igbo internet warriors can really get you angry . . . grin grin
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 9:30pm On Jan 28, 2011
Let me put it this way. . . the day that Igbos threaten Lagos is the day that your entire race will be put in jeopardy. Not just in Lagos, but in your very heartland.

Not trying to frighten you, but that is the reality. If you think Yoruba people hate you now. . . you've not seen anything yet. As things stand now, if Nigeria breaks apart, there will likely be relative peace.

But if Lagos is scratched in the process. . . there can only be longstanding enmity and warfare. And in a context like that in which I am at war with you and your people. . . well, you will end up my slaves. Simple as that.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 9:31pm On Jan 28, 2011
eku_bear:

Let me put it this way. . . the day that Igbos threaten Lagos is the day that your entire race will be put in jeopardy. Not just in Lagos, but in your very heartland.

Not trying to frighten you, but that is the reality. If you think Yoruba people hate you now. . . you've not seen anything yet. As things stand now, if Nigeria breaks apart, there will likely be relative peace.

But if Lagos is scratched in the process. . . there can only be longstanding enmity and warfare. And in a context like that in which I am at war with you and your people. . . well, you will end up my slaves. Simple as that.

Do not mind them. They do not know that yorubas do not forgive (we learnt that from the fulanis grin grin)
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 9:32pm On Jan 28, 2011
Look all I am saying is that Yorubas are not capable of sustaining an ALL OUT conflict with Igbo in Lagos.
They just can't!
They have fear factor. That's all.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dayokanu(m): 9:32pm On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: dayokanu
You think only numbers decides a war or conflict abi?
I wonder why Israel still exists inspite of millions of arabs surrounding it.

Igbo in Kano stand their grounds and fight against the entire groups there, and you think your people have seen that type of conflict?

Anyway, you can believe whatever you want.  undecided

Start am first, We already know your way, Just to sit on Laptop and tell others to continue fighting and losing there lives while you are devouring Akpu on your way to Abidjan.

Were you not the one who told those in Maiduguri to stay there and keep fighting in a place where they are massively outnumbered to the last one drops. Or they should endure the killing till GEJ becomes president

Igbos in kano? deceive yourself. If not that soldiers take control quickly. Let govt and soldiers turn a blind eye like in 1966 next thing you would come here and scream POGROM.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 9:33pm On Jan 28, 2011
Lagos was built off of Eastern oil. I will claim Lagos. If we Igbos cannot have Lagos. Then no one can!  grin grin grin

I am just waiting for Yorubas to start wahala. We all know these weak people like to talk all this nonsense.

We Igbos have seen war. You Yorubas have not. The last time you Yorubas have seen any war in your heartland was 100 years ago. It is about time we test your battle spirits.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Buhari Commends Saraki, Dogara, Lawmakers For Passing 2016 Budget / Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje / 2023: Northern Traders Endorse Atiku For President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.