Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,726 members, 7,875,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:11 PM

Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG (40539 Views)

Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly / Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt / Biodun Ogunyemi: Some Lecturers Not Qualified To Be In Varsities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by michoim(m): 1:49pm On Jun 29, 2020
Face mask can be provided by students while spacing for social distancing can be done by the school authorities by innovatively rearranging their timetables etc.
Government is not omnipotent or omniscient to provide everything for you...

1 Like

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 29, 2020
Xisnin:
Many senior lecturers are in the age range susceptible to Covid-19.
There may be a lot of resignation and truancy when schools reopen.

Resignation of federal government job? They'll rather not attend classes.

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by orlamide09(m): 1:49pm On Jun 29, 2020
these people are just making life difficult for themselves and not we the poor... God pass ASUU, NCDC, and FGN

crythese people are just making life difficult for themselves and not we the poor... God pass ASUU, NCDC, and FGN
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by blessedchild234(m): 1:49pm On Jun 29, 2020
They should open the schools as long they can provide means of protection from the virus.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by EtssehEsse(f): 1:49pm On Jun 29, 2020
This Covid cannot put us in more apprehensive mood abeg, we move on with living.
Just stay safe as much as you can
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by cochexky: 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2020
Regina Daniel just gave birth to a baby boy.
I underrated Ned nwoko. But now he has proven me wrong... Congrats.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by ozento: 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2020
on point
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by DrinkWater247: 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2020
In other words, no school again in the country.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by ScholarshipRead: 1:51pm On Jun 29, 2020
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2021-2022: Canada Graduation Scholarship – Study in Canada

The announcement of Selected Applications for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS)
If your application stands out then the University will nominate you for Canada Graduate Scholarship sponsored by Vanier. Applicants will get a confirmation of receipt by email soon after the announcement of the result. If you don’t get this confirmation email, you should contact the staff of graduate investigations to decide the status of your application/nomination.

Deadline of Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS)
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS) is announced every year for all international students and the application deadline is November 3, 2020.

See link below, for details:
https://jobreaders.org/vanier-canada-graduate-scholarship/

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by dejavuh0007(m): 1:51pm On Jun 29, 2020
HeadNigga:

I am not grammarNazi but I know what u typed is not what u intended to pass across.

Saying this is the first and ONLY time u will agree with them means that you will disagree with them on everything henceforth. That ONLY was unnecessary.
"This is the first and ONLY time I HAVE agreed with ASUU" would have been correct though.
Moreover, his initial statement is grammatically correct if he has no intention of agreeing with ASUU EVER again.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by kristisking(m): 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2020
Of course schools should not be opened now since you guys have been receiving your pay monthly even though you have not been going to work. Advising government not to open schools now means our education sector which has suffered serious neglect will further plummel. The earlier we accept that covid -19 has come to stay until a vaccine is discovered, the better for us.This virus is not going away now.What we need now is how to ensure everyone comply to guidelines and whoever flauts any of the protocol should be dealt with.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by SirWarlock: 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2020
listowell:

I thought ASUU was on strike before the pandemic.
Depends. They went on strike after we had our index case
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by tungamaje: 1:54pm On Jun 29, 2020
Does it mean if it takes 20 years to find a COVID vaccine, our kids should be kept 'safe' at home? Even some of them are losing interest in education, they prefer playing around. But this is not good for their future, so those campaigning that schools should not re-open, what do you suggest we do about the future of these kids? Oh I forgot. Somebody advised that we should channel them back to farming as did our ancestors
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by Karlifate: 1:55pm On Jun 29, 2020
Mvena:
Na una sabi o, if dem like make dem no open school till next year. I've moved on already
U break up with your skul just laidat?

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by bluefilm: 1:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
So this useless ASUU chairman never taya to siddon for house abi?

Na wa o!
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by tesppidd: 2:00pm On Jun 29, 2020
joviegghead:
Hmm.
So[s] students should wait for how long exactly?

Funny how the lives of so many students are being kept on hold. I understand this man's concern(ion know how genuine).

But I still don't understand what you are trying to protect when virtually almost all the main sectors are fully operational despite the risks.

His suggestions tho seeming logical, isn't consistent with what's happening.

So the students should wait, until what? A cure is found?
I still hold the 'open everywhere, but everyone be cautious' stance has the best option rn.

Same thing with NYS[/s]C.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by Odoctor(m): 2:01pm On Jun 29, 2020
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by Person2person(m): 2:03pm On Jun 29, 2020
What the man is saying is that the NCDC should review their conditions as the federal Government can't even adhere to those conditions.....it will just be another way of extorting private school owners by security officials as they are currently doing with the false interstate BAN...

1 Like

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by Slimzjoe(m): 2:06pm On Jun 29, 2020
HeadNigga:

I am not grammarNazi but I know what u typed is not what u intended to pass across.

Saying this is the first and ONLY time u will agree with them means that you will disagree with them on everything henceforth. That ONLY was unnecessary.

No sir. I know what I wrote. ASUU has never made sense until today and I don't expect them to do so again.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by DelphiOracle(m): 2:10pm On Jun 29, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
I agree with the ASUU president. If schools are open the catastrophe will be unimaginable.. hope the dullard ear is not paining him.. he should better listen to wise counsel
wise counsel indeed.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by Akano5(m): 2:10pm On Jun 29, 2020
What....!!!
so schools should remain closed till when...?
you public schools teachers are recieving your salaries i know that's why you said schools should remain close.
what about private schools teachers u want hunger to kill them abi
Smh
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by ofiko123(m): 2:12pm On Jun 29, 2020
piggyvestashawo:
100 level students when school finally resumes

grin grin I swearugad bro..
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by Omoluabi55: 2:15pm On Jun 29, 2020
ijustdey:

https://thenationonlineng.net/dont-reopen-schools-now-ASUU-president-urges-govt/

So true.
You can't put out lives in danger.

I design amazing professional logos.. hook me up on 08026655720.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by ofiko123(m): 2:15pm On Jun 29, 2020
If they like they should not open for the next 5 years Na dem know.. School sef Don tire person.. Na to enter business Na him sure pass..
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by alphaRego01(m): 2:17pm On Jun 29, 2020
Howfa with dose doing clearance. Hope they can continue
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by Salvofthesouth(m): 2:17pm On Jun 29, 2020
because OF THIS COVIDSCAM WE WON'T BE GOING TO EUROPE ANY TIME SOON. WE ARE SO F*CKED IN THIS COUNTRT. I WEEP FOR 9JA
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by ymstar(m): 2:22pm On Jun 29, 2020
tungamaje:
Does it mean if it takes 20 years to find a COVID vaccine, our kids should be kept 'safe' at home? Even some of them are losing interest in education,

they prefer playing around.
But this is not good for their future, so those campaigning that schools should not re-open, what do you suggest we do about the future of these kids? Oh I forgot. Somebody advised that we should channel them back to farming as did our ancestors
You are absolutely right about this,
Reason being I asked two kids that I'm teaching about resumption of school and also enquired from them that did they missed school?
There answer was no. The conversation went thus;

Me : " zaynab did you missed school, and your friends in school?"

Zaynab : "no"

Me : "do you now like the way you are staying @ home?"

Zaynab : " yes o, I don't even want to go to school again"

Me: shocked haaaa, u don't what?

Me: "why don't you want to go to school again?"

Zaynab : "I want to be playing"

I was shocked when I heard her say that, because she was really serious about it.

Same thing applies to the second one, that one even said school should not open again for life that she wants to be watching cartoon and be playing around, that any time I come to her, I deprive of her of watching cartoon and playing
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by alphaRego01(m): 2:22pm On Jun 29, 2020
piggyvestashawo:
100 level students when school finally resumes

Loll.100lvl students wey school de sweet like apple.them go say dem never even stay school for like half a year wey this winch com enter..

Dem go manage sha.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by HeadNigga: 2:24pm On Jun 29, 2020
dejavuh0007:

"This is the first and ONLY time I HAVE agreed with ASUU" would have been correct though.
Moreover, his initial statement is grammatically correct if he has no intention of agreeing with ASUU EVER again.
agreed would have made the statement reasonable. I never said he is grammatically incorrect. Reasonably, he is not correct. I am 100% sure he didn't mean what he typed. He failed to express himself.

Speaking correct grammar when writing an exam does not get u a good grade if ur submission is not reasonable. Let the young man take correction bro
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by Ohamzee: 2:28pm On Jun 29, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnn niggarrr
Isoright

You must be a real niggarrr....even me dey fear that grammarnazi.....make we all dey careful for our English because that grammarnazi of a guy dey around to fuckkk us up

You must be a real niggarr for correcting him
When the language is not correct. What is said is not what is meant and if what is said is not what is meant then what ought to be done remains undone

I repeat you must be a real niggarrr... I owe you enough bottles, enough weed, enough paid pussy!
why do i feel this guy is depressed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Her Waec Result Was Withdrawn.(pictures ). / See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians / What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.