Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,805 members, 7,872,677 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:33 PM

Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG (40535 Views)

Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly / Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt / Biodun Ogunyemi: Some Lecturers Not Qualified To Be In Varsities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by Saintinoo(m): 2:30pm On Jun 29, 2020
SirWarlock:
And how many people know this undecided
People think vaccine is like producing paracetamol,everybody is shouting till a vaccine is found even the govt were saying thesame thing until it dawned on them that we are really in for a long ride.

Well i doubt if FG will listen to ASUU because according to the minister of education, coronavirus is here to stay for a long time. They might just open schools in phases.

Moreover this headline is confusing.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by CanadaOrBust: 2:31pm On Jun 29, 2020
The man is crazy. How about all other things that are open??
OPEN THE SCHOOLS!!!
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by Hndrrxxx(m): 2:31pm On Jun 29, 2020
All these mohfuxkin as$holes embarassed embarassed
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by Acme45: 2:33pm On Jun 29, 2020
Lamasta:
But you are opening markets and public places abi is it not the parents of this kids that are plying there and come back home to take care of this kids?
Safety measures should be put in place for schools to reopen and any school who breaks it should be sanctioned and made a scapegoat....
ASUU are always after their pockets which we all know.
The government should pity private school owners and teachers
Govt should not pay any of the lecturers from henceforth so that they will understand what their counterparts in private universities are going through. Because they are part of the crisis rocking the educational system today

1 Like

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by luminouz(m): 2:35pm On Jun 29, 2020
joviegghead:
Hmm.
So students should wait for how long exactly?

Funny how the lives of so many students are being kept on hold. I understand this man's concern(ion know how genuine).

But I still don't understand what you are trying to protect when virtually almost all the main sectors are fully operational despite the risks.

His suggestions tho seeming logical, isn't consistent with what's happening.

So the students should wait, until what? A cure is found?
I still hold the 'open everywhere, but everyone be cautious' stance has the best option rn.

Same thing with NYSC.

And when people start dying,we blame you? undecided

1 Like

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by davien(m): 2:42pm On Jun 29, 2020
Better to stay safe than be dead. Even if children are exempted they will still go home to their elderly ones who're more susceptible.

Especially now that some strains can build flagella(cellular legs and hands) to infect other cells easily.

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/inside-body-coronavirus-even-more-150022628.html
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by Acme45: 2:44pm On Jun 29, 2020
kristisking:
Of course schools should not be opened now since you guys have been receiving your pay monthly even though you have not been going to work. Advising government not to open schools now means our education sector which has suffered serious neglect will further plummel. The earlier we accept that covid -19 has come to stay until a vaccine is discovered, the better for us.This virus is not going away now.What we need now is how to ensure everyone comply to guidelines and whoever flauts any of the protocol should be dealt with.
you are very correct
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by ChristoBam: 2:45pm On Jun 29, 2020
joviegghead:
Hmm.

Funny how the lives of so many students are being kept on hold. I understand this man's concern(ion know how genuine).

But I still don't understand what you are trying to protect when virtually almost all the main sectors are fully operational despite the risks.

I still hold the 'open everywhere, but everyone be cautious' stance has the best option rn.

Same thing with NYSC.

I'm sure you didn't read what he said. You just read the headline and jumped to conclusion.

He's saying the necessary funding should be provided to help schools meet up with the guidelines.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by Essence20(m): 2:46pm On Jun 29, 2020
joviegghead:
Hmm.

Same thing with NYSC.

Students should wait until the basic amenities like; isolation centers, free face masks, etc.. required for covid protection are provided by the government
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by zunnurain33(m): 2:50pm On Jun 29, 2020
School should remain closed. But what happens to market and viewing center? Go to oja oba, ipata and oja tuntun market and see what is happening. Abi no be because of social distance them no want open school. Oga ooooo
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by KimVenom(m): 2:52pm On Jun 29, 2020
ijustdey:

https://thenationonlineng.net/dont-reopen-schools-now-ASUU-president-urges-govt/

There are two things involved:

Either you live with the virus.

Or die from it or die from the fear of it.

Last time I remember ASUU was against FG why advising them now?

People still travel to places disrespect social distancing and they are still alive, I know they care about their scam/plandemic but if you leave FG and ASUU brothers and sisters you no go graduate.

Last las their children no day attend Nigerian schools so why get bothered by reopening schools. After all I just sorry for some public school Children and private school teachers.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by KimVenom(m): 3:01pm On Jun 29, 2020
luminouz:

And when people start dying,we blame you? undecided

We have a better chance with covid19 than the situation in our country.

Do you know once covid19 leaves NCDC contract expires?

Guy we know Covid419 is real o but the one in NIGERIA is for business purpose only, people are benefiting from it. If we were to have a gallant President you would have seen the truth hidden by NCDC.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by gassbee: 3:04pm On Jun 29, 2020
Pls can someone confirm if ASUU is on strike,
Secondly are they currently receiving salaries
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by luminouz(m): 3:05pm On Jun 29, 2020
KimVenom:

We have a better chance with covid19 than the situation in our country.

Do you know once covid19 leaves NCDC contract expires?

Guy we know Covid419 is real o but the one in NIGERIA is for business purpose only, people are benefiting from it. If we were to have a gallant President you would have seen the truth hidden by NCDC.
Your last paragraph has some truths.
Las las,naija will always be naija
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by luminouz(m): 3:06pm On Jun 29, 2020
KimVenom:

There are two things involved:

Either you live with the virus.

Or die from it or die from the fear of it.

Last time I remember ASUU was against FG why advising them now?

People still travel to places disrespect social distancing and they are still alive, I know they care about their scam/plandemic but if you leave FG and ASUU brothers and sisters you no go graduate.

Last las their children no day attend Nigerian schools so why get bothered by reopening schools. After all I just sorry for some public school Children and private school teachers.

People shouldn't die from what they could easily have prevented. More time is needed,so kids don't get infected.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by Centcanada: 3:08pm On Jun 29, 2020
What is the problem of this guy self? Are you trying to form as if you know more than government? Ewu!
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by luminouz(m): 3:09pm On Jun 29, 2020
Essence20:

Students should wait until the basic amenities like; isolation centers, free face masks, etc.. required for covid protection are provided by the government

Better advice
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by mechanics(m): 3:11pm On Jun 29, 2020
That's true.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by quickly: 3:16pm On Jun 29, 2020
joviegghead:
Hmm.

Same thing with NYSC.

u wan start pandemic for hostel.

U know very much studentslive like sardines in a can

universtites should adopt online learning for the time being.- na common sense now
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by Yankee101: 3:19pm On Jun 29, 2020
Well, private schools will lose jobs

Start online classes like most countries have at least

Abi una still get profs wey no sabi komputa?
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by Elvis778(m): 3:22pm On Jun 29, 2020
Lamasta:
But you are opening markets and public places abi is it not the parents of this kids that are plying there and come back home to take care of this kids?
Safety measures should be put in place for schools to reopen and any school who breaks it should be sanctioned and made a scapegoat....
ASUU are always after their pockets which we all know.
The government should pity private school owners and teachers
No matter what you say, opening schools at this point will be disastrous, unless those guidelines are met....

1 Like

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by chatinent: 3:23pm On Jun 29, 2020
Many parents will lose interest in education. They will now come to understand their children could do without it.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by Elvis778(m): 3:25pm On Jun 29, 2020
FastestGirl:
But market open ...sku n market ,which one organize pass??
Markets....
there's a difference between Adults, and children,
there's a difference between outdoor and indoors, the virus survives for a longer, indoors than outdoors,
now imagine our lecture halls, an 800 capacity lecture hall accommodating 1k students....na die be that
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by PARADIZEPRIEST: 3:39pm On Jun 29, 2020
ASSU members are busy making millions from private tutorials and these fools are ranting nonsense.Hypocrisy is really dealin serious blow on this nation.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by truthhurts2: 3:43pm On Jun 29, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnn niggarrr
Isoright

You must be a real niggarrr....even me dey fear that grammarnazi.....make we all dey careful for our English because that grammarnazi of a guy dey around to fuckkk us up

You must be a real niggarr for correcting him
When the language is not correct. What is said is not what is meant and if what is said is not what is meant then what ought to be done remains undone

I repeat you must be a real niggarrr... I owe you enough bottles, enough weed, enough paid pussy!
can someone please call 911
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by Lamasta(m): 3:43pm On Jun 29, 2020
Elvis778:

No matter what you say, opening schools at this point will be disastrous, unless those guidelines are met....
If there is going to be disaster we suppose to have experience it now as markets and airport were opened...The issue is the public schools, government needs to do the real overhauling there cos some don't have portable water...
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by truthhurts2: 3:46pm On Jun 29, 2020
chatinent:
Many parents will lose interest in education. They will now come to understand their children could do without it.
Do without school?? Are you kidding me? Did yours keep you from school?
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by SirWarlock: 3:47pm On Jun 29, 2020
gassbee:
Pls can someone confirm if ASUU is on strike,
Secondly are they currently receiving salaries
Yes they're still on strike. Salary I don't know.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by Lamasta(m): 3:48pm On Jun 29, 2020
Acme45:
Govt should not pay any of the lecturers from henceforth so that they will understand what their counterparts in private universities are going through. Because they are part of the crisis rocking the educational system today
They are the reason govt is not taking education serious in this country cos if ASUU is up and doing our academic sector would have receive a lot of boost in tertiary levels
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by Ekpekaycee: 4:01pm On Jun 29, 2020
You are at home engaging in your private practices and at the end of the month your salary will be paid to you so why will you want schools to reopen. I am sure you won't say this trash If you are not paid because schools are closed.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by Elvis778(m): 4:03pm On Jun 29, 2020
Lamasta:

If there is going to be disaster we suppose to have experience it now as markets and airport were opened...The issue is the public schools, government needs to do the real overhauling there cos some don't have portable water...
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:06pm On Jun 29, 2020
In this covid19 era surviving as an undergrad student is tough luck. We are lending our support to alleviate your pains.
Get for yourself today our 100level to 400level explanatory lifetime materials for easy assimilation. We have them in numerous video materials from faculties of sciences to social sciences, course by course in practical study sessions you can read at your own pace on your android phone. This comes at very affordable rate per course topic e.g cost per Abstract Algebra.
Pls contact HOD 07087282838 for details.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam / See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians / Her Waec Result Was Withdrawn.(pictures ).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.