Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,588 members, 7,944,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:05 AM

What Would You Do In Situation Like This? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Would You Do In Situation Like This? (2296 Views)

Guys Have You Ever Found Yourself In Situation Like This? Share Experience / Ladies How Do You React In A Situation Like This? / If You Were In Situation What Would You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by 190: 1:29pm On Feb 13, 2011
betty obie:

Hey guys!
I read absolutely every single word here. . .
The truth is his mother is dead,his father,brothers and sisters are against our relationship.
I still don't know what to do. Your culture is very strict and I know if family says 'no' then nothing can be done.
I am praying all the time and hope GOD will help us.
Just looking for a way to let his family know they are wrong and cause us pain and pain.

I know this is serious ish and im trying to be funny here
how about you buy your way into the family

Get his dad a car,his brother's and sister's different stuff
we africans love gifts and money anyway,
sssh its just a secret dont say i told you!!
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 13, 2011
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by jaybee3(m): 1:31pm On Feb 13, 2011
Have you met or spoken to any of his family member before?
Most parents (regardless of colour/race) will cringe if their beloved son or daughter is bringing someone perceived to be different home. It's really left to you and your guy to prove doubters wrong if both of you are family oriented.
I'd advice you to make friends with his sister if truly the guy loves you and do wanna get married to you.
At the end of the day it's going to be you 2 in the relationship but being accepted into a family surely do help a lot.
Good luck

PS: This sort of issues do prop up among Nigerians as well whereby different tribes find it hard to marry
Kinda suck but it is what it is
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by 190: 1:32pm On Feb 13, 2011
justwise:

Its upto 'us' to move things forward, we need to learn how to say 'no' politely to our families and stand by it, yes it may get rocky at first but they will soften it up with time.

Your next bottle of beer on me!!  cool cool
I hope the ladies here are reading this,

I cant really go into the history of my family too
but they were faced with this same challenge when my peeps got married
but today they recently celebrated their 30yrs anniversary and those same people
who were against them celebrated it with them

Poster please tell your man to go sort his family out and when he does
he should come back and marry you, have a blissful marriage life in advance~

Im out~
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by justwise(m): 1:34pm On Feb 13, 2011
190:

[b]Get his dad a car,his brother's and sister's different stuff[/b]we africans love gifts and money anyway,

grin grin, i disagree, buy them nothing! Your bf has to prove how much he loves you now, this is where he should show what he meant when he says he loves you. This is love in action, not when all is rosy and juicy but in a case like this. . .he should stand up and be counted.
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by 190: 1:39pm On Feb 13, 2011
chaircover:

awwwww now I get it.

OK for the record 190, this is not about black or white for me and you will see that im my posts I have raised diffierences such as religion, bacground, culture etc

A parent has a right to be worried  over their child and you cant take that away from them, but rather than call their bluff and tell them to get lost, what you do is to try and get each side together to allay each others fears.

If cards are played right, the parents will come round. Afterall no parent will want their kid not to be happy.

And did their son in anyway complain that he isn't happy with the white lady here,
Yes they are trying to be protective but they are OVER STEPPING THEIR BONDS, we are not in pre-colonial slave era
anymore,because they brought the guy into this world,raised him and sent him to Europe does that now mean they would
also choose who their son spends the rest of his life with

This is modernized slavery!!

jay bee:

Most parents (regardless of colour/race) will cringe if their beloved son or daughter is bringing someone perceived to be different home. It's really left to you and your guy to prove doubters wrong if both of you are family oriented.
I'd advice you to make friends with his sister if truly the guy loves you and do wanna get married to you.
At the end of the day it's going to be you 2 in the relationship but being accepted into a family surely do help a lot.
Good luck

PS: This sort of issues do prop up among Nigerians as well whereby different tribes find it hard to marry

Thank you Jaybee  cool
atleast you are reasoning towards my direction
All she needs here is to get an insider within that family that would defend her
and that would immediately spooosh their union and everyone comes running around

I suggest that she gets in touch with her man's closest  brother or sister  cool
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by SSaemoenl(m): 1:39pm On Feb 13, 2011
jay bee:

Good luck

^^I need ur attention please.
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 13, 2011
190:

Jenny I want to ask you a question
Are you simply suggesting that this lady here should LET Go of her man cos
the family turned her down COS SHE HAS A WHITE SKIN!! angry angry

If you find yourself tomorrow with a white man and his family are against you cos you're black
are you gonna WALK, one thing i have always had is never to give up especially for issues that belongs to the heart

I will answer your question honestly.

I WILL NOT MARRY A MAN(BE YOU A WHITE OR A NIGERIAN) WHOSE FAMILY AREN'T IN SUPPORT OF THE MARRIAGE. WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IS THE WEDDING, WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT IS THE LIFE AFTER THE WEDDING CEREMONY, THAT LIFE IS CALLED MARRIAGE.

It is a different thing if one or two persons are against it but when it is all the family? then something is wrong and there is no way I will marry him. I need my inlaws on my side, I wanna be able to visit my inlaws whenever I want to without fear, I wanna be able to spend the night at an inlaws place without worries, I wanna live peacefully with my inlaws, I wanna be able to ring them up at anytime without issues, I am not marrying my husband alone, I am marrying his family as well BUT I will be the only one with my kids living with their son.

190:

Get his dad a car,his brother's and sister's different stuff
we africans love gifts and money anyway,

Please poster don't read and do these.

DO NOT BUY YOUR WAY INTO A FAMILY, let the love come naturally, a fellow white posted on the family section recently, she has been buying things for her inlaws, they take it from her but it hasn't changed anything, they still don't like her, some family members are stubborn
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by 190: 1:42pm On Feb 13, 2011
justwise:

grin grin, i disagree, buy them nothing! Your bf has to prove how much he loves you now, this is where he should show what he meant when he says he loves you. This is love in action, not when all is rosy and juicy but in a case like this. . .he should stand up and be counted.
grin grin grin

funny but true
wetin you want make i talk again

its obvious this poster is dealing with a family with backward mentality
maybe gifts go open their eyes, i nor know wetin i wan talk again  grin grin
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by 190: 1:46pm On Feb 13, 2011
Jenny so you are advising her to take a WALK,
even without some efforts,  angry angry
That is wicked!! angry angry

I still insist that the guy in question make his family LIKE her
by talking to them and making them see that HES HAPPY WITH HER!!
or simply forget about the lady here, Jenny who are you blaming here

The guy who fell in love with someone from another continent
the family who are raised with that silly mentality of white women sucks
or the lady here who isnt wrong here for falling in love with one of our brothers

tell me who's wrong!! angry angry
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by bettyobie: 1:47pm On Feb 13, 2011
I will try to get in touch with his family,because never before I have seen them or talked with them,But i always send my love and regards to them.But I think to get it touch with them will be difficult,cause they don't want to talk with him,what about me?
I just want to be fine with them.I am not a bad person and I want to show them my love towards my boyfriend.

P.S thank you all  for your opinion,it's important for me to get into all this things more,
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by justwise(m): 1:48pm On Feb 13, 2011
190:

grin grin grin

funny but true
wetin you want make i talk again

its obvious this poster is dealing with a family with backward mentality
maybe gifts go open their eyes, i nor know wetin i wan talk again  grin grin

She will become their cash machine, if the money is not flowing then the love is not there. Her bf should do the bribing and talking not her
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by justwise(m): 1:52pm On Feb 13, 2011
betty obie:

I will try to get in touch with his family,because never before I have seen them or talked with them,But i always send my love and regards to them.But I think to get it touch with them will be difficult,cause they don't want to talk with him,what about me?
I just want to be fine with them.I am not a bad person and I want to show them my love towards my boyfriend.

P.S thank you all for your opinion,it's important for me to get into all this things more,

That will be good idea if u can.
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by 190: 1:53pm On Feb 13, 2011
betty obie:

P.S thank you all  for your opinion,it's important for me to get into all this things more,

You are welcome  cool
Thanks for wanting to be a Nigerian, I hope i follow in the footsteps of your man
and bring more foreigner's turned Nigerians to change that country

You did nothing wanting to become a Nigerian maybe you choosed the wrong family
but it would be well { they would get tired someday } dont worry just be positive and hope for the best
if you cant get in touch with the immediate family then get in touch with the extended family maybe uncle's,aunts
and lastly tell your man THAT IF HE WANTS TO MAKE THINGS WORK HE KNOWS WHAT TO DO

I have a strange feeling that guy is weak or rather enjoying this cos if he aint then he would have done something already
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by Beync(f): 1:55pm On Feb 13, 2011
justwise:

I wish the poster's friend can read this.
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by 190: 1:57pm On Feb 13, 2011
^^ benyc you again!! angry angry
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by Beync(f): 1:59pm On Feb 13, 2011
^ wats wrong wit u sef?
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 13, 2011
@190
Like I said earlier on, what if it is another way for him to move her aside and marry a nigerian woman? you men do this alot , and this "my family isn't in support" line's been used for years on white gurls but they refuse to believe that sometimes it is not true

How can she date a guy for over a year and his family is just knowing about her? could it be that all this time she has been giving her regards , he hasn't been passing it across? how come he he just told them about her now? and now he is telling her they don't wanna talk to him, could it be that he does not want her to contact his family?LOL the poster is too inlove to smell the rat. Something is not right here.

@Poster

Insist on speaking to his family, tell him you wanna speak to them, when I say insist  I mean Insist, let's see what happens from there
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by justwise(m): 2:07pm On Feb 13, 2011
Beync:

I wish the poster's friend can read this.

Yes. .the bf should pick that phone and say to his family calmly and politely. . .i love this lady and she loves me, we want to be together, I'm old enough to know what i want and i need your support,if you love me and want me to be happy then this is when to show it.

I mean. . the bf can't blame his family if this rela/ship ends, his family shouldn't choose who he should fall inlove with.
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by 190: 2:09pm On Feb 13, 2011
jennykadry:

@190
Like I said earlier on, what if it is another way for him to move her aside and marry a nigerian woman? you men do this alot , and this "my family isn't in support" line's been used for years on white gurls but they refuse to believe that sometimes it is not true

How can she date a guy for over a year and his family is just knowing about her? could it be that all this time she has been giving her regards , he hasn't been passing it across? how come he he just told them about her now? and now he is telling her they don't wanna talk to him, could it be that he does not want her to contact his family?LOL the poster is too inlove to smell the rat. Something is not right here.

Hmm,
Im blaming the family
Jenny is blaming the guy
the poster is blaming the family

there is katakata everywhere

Ohh well Jenny i thought we would be on different side cos i really wanted to win you on this one
but i agree this poster should really talk with her man's father!! and Just him and him alone!! angry angry
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by Beync(f): 2:16pm On Feb 13, 2011
justwise:

Yes. .the bf should pick that phone and say to his family calmly and politely. . .i love this lady and she loves me, we want to be together, I'm old enough to know what i want and i need your support,if you love me and want me to be happy then this is when to show it.

I mean. . the bf can't blame his family if this rela/ship ends, his family shouldn't choose who he should fall inlove with.
I also wish he reads this. that's wat i call a man!
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 13, 2011
cool
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 13, 2011
Lol 190 I am not here to compete with you or anybody, this issue is too serious to turn into a competing battle field.

A white lady I know is going through this now, the guy told her the same thing recently and is marrying a nigerian girl this easter. That's why I've still got my doubts, even if she speaks to someone, who knows if it's his true family members or someone he just used since she was insisting on speaking to them.

My question is all these time she has been sending her love, it obviously means that he hasn't been relaying the message at all cos if he has the family would have known about her before now.

This is the reason why we nigerian girls think very far, cheap words like this can't get us easily.
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by 190: 2:28pm On Feb 13, 2011
jennykadry:

Lol 190 I am not here to compete with you or anybody, this issue is too serious to turn into a competing battle field.

A white lady I know is going through this now, the guy told her the same thing recently and is marrying a nigerian girl this easter. That's why I've still got my doubts, even if she speaks to someone, who knows if it's his true family members or someone he just used since she was insisting on speaking to them.

My question is all these time she has been sending her love, it obviously means that he hasn't been relaying the message at all cos if he has the family would have known about her before now.

This is the reason why we nigerian girls think very far, cheap words like this can't get us easily.

SMH @ the highlighted comment
Nigerian girls [ thats why i dont want to have anything to do with una ] grin grin

This lady isnt wrong, maybe the guy as you stated or his family have issues
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 13, 2011
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by 190: 2:35pm On Feb 13, 2011
^^ Now you are talking grin grin

where did you keep all those wisdom before

Under a rock!! grin grin
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 13, 2011
Dont let me catch you or you will be the one under a rock angry smiley
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by 190: 2:44pm On Feb 13, 2011
190 runs away

Errm, chaircover and kadry come vote for me here

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-600804.1472.html

the polls are up
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 13, 2011
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by 190: 2:57pm On Feb 13, 2011
chaircover:

^^^^^ only If you buy a valentine gift for her from my shop
shocked shocked shocked

but im not in nigeria!! shocked shocked
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by LordReed(m): 3:01pm On Feb 13, 2011
@190
I don't think she merited such vituperation.

@betty
You certainly have a tough one on your hands. I like what chaircover has said to you and I must add that your lover's distress is already indicative of where his mind lays. Generally a man in such a case who will defy his family will exhibit anger not sadness/distress because for him it is a sort of affront. As cc said be prepared for the worst, if however you guys remain together you must do what you can to get close to the family and as someone suggested the sisters and other female relatives are a good place to start. Also his close male relatives maybe receptive enough to listen to you declare your love for him.
Re: What Would You Do In Situation Like This? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 13, 2011
His family is only looking out for him. After a while a lot of Nigerian men usually want to return to their homeland sometimes white wives are unwilling to make that sacrifice of relocating permanently to Nigeria and in some cases even when they relocate they eventually go back to where they came from leaving the man alone and usually with the kids who may only care to see daddy once in 10 years. I have an uncle who died recently he lived with white wifey for over 23 yrs in Nigeria in his old age she rtnd to the Uk,the kids relocated too.My uncle died a lonely and broken man at the end of the day.These are some of the reasons the family is tinking of. I wish u luck with his family.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Many Guys Can Wait. / How Will U React If Your Girlfriend Mess Big Mess In Public / Should I Or Should I Not Tell Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.