Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,918 members, 7,872,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (409541 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kingboy(m): 7:02pm On Apr 27, 2011
@ SPYDERMAN
PLEASE I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM YOU ON MY QUESTION BELOWW PLEASEEEEEEE NOW

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex
« #1524 on: April 23, 2011, 03:52 PM »
da spyder great to know you are progressing wit your project, i believe it will come out fine
i went to the site today and spoke with the engineer as regards the use of 16mm and not 12mm, he said he noticed that water comes out of a portion of the land and he does not want to take chances(he took me a land that looks exactly like mine, i think i was convince) also i noticed a concrete beam round the foundation before they started to lay the blocks and i asked why the concrete beam he then told me it is to allow the foundation to have a firm grip before setting the blocks and to allow the building from cracking.

please oga spyder, what is your take about my explanation because the concrete beam with iron rod will cost extra 55k +.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kingboy(m): 7:03pm On Apr 27, 2011
@ SPYDERMAN

da spyder great to know you are progressing wit your project, i believe it will come out fine
i went to the site today and spoke with the engineer as regards the use of 16mm and not 12mm, he said he noticed that water comes out of a portion of the land and he does not want to take chances(he took me a land that looks exactly like mine, i think i was convince) also i noticed a concrete beam round the foundation before they started to lay the blocks and i asked why the concrete beam he then told me it is to allow the foundation to have a firm grip before setting the blocks and to allow the building from cracking.

please oga spyder, what is your take about my explanation because the concrete beam with iron rod will cost extra 55k +.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:05pm On Apr 27, 2011
the staircase base

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:06pm On Apr 27, 2011
more staircase

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:07pm On Apr 27, 2011
rods for staircase

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:13pm On Apr 27, 2011
kingboy:

@ SPYDERMAN

Sorry that I didnt reply you in time, I guess the holidays made me relax too much.
I think your engineer is right to want to use 16mm rods to do the house so far as there is an evidence that the land seeps some water, no matter how small the flow. It will still soak the foundation and may make the works weak. Please allow him to use the 16mm rods as it will give you more rest of mind. Any money spent in building a house is not wasted, especially in the foundations. We can manage the aesthetics but its dangerous to cut corners with the structural aspects. I wish you a beautiful building experience, like mine grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:22pm On Apr 27, 2011
Spyder you don take my word oo! "for those who love pictures"
so which one i go use take post this one na ?  grin  grin  grin
@ all, checkout the fence pic!
I hope you like! wink
Peace!

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:23pm On Apr 27, 2011
kuntash:

@ all, especially Brabus, Spyder & Mr Alone, I have a serious question for you guys as it relates to Lintel & German floor.

- is there any disadvantage in doing a chain-like Lintel round the building?
- is a German floor compulsory for a simple twin 3-bedroom flat? (not storey building) or better put, if I dont do German floor and decides to proceed, what could go wrong?     (whether house is for lease or not)

pls guys kindly advice cos I am getting conflicting responses from the people I left my small project with,  

I am most likely to go with your advice here,  so pls respond,

tanks

There is no disadvantage, in fact, its an advantage to chain your lintels on top, it sort of binds the house together on the top as against just doing lintels on top of doors and windows only. So many people do this chaining in bungalows and its good/ stronger and even more expensive as more materials/ labor is involved.

A German floor is not very compulsory before you continue laying blocks in bungalows, but it is better you do the German floor before laying blocks. One big reason for this is the termites soldiers, they can burrow though the cracks and creep through the floors if you don't do your German floor before continuing with blockwork. And in water logged areas, you must do a solid German floor even in bungalows, otherwise there will be serious cracks in the blockwork and foundation in a few years.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:27pm On Apr 27, 2011
Am Alone:

Spyder you don take my word oo! "for those who love pictures"
so which one i go use take post this one na ?  grin  grin  grin
@ all, checkout the fence pic!
I hope you like! wink
Peace!

grin grin I just borrowed the phrase na, abi you wan patent the phrase, nice fencing bros. the thing I love about Lagos sand is that its always very white and makes the sand/blocks beautiful. We don't have such sand here in Enugu, but our brown soil/sand is sure representing. cheesy cheesy
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:28pm On Apr 27, 2011
This is a 2days work by the bricklayer(one)
checkout! I am not paying him on daily basis so he is
putting in his best!
Also, I prefer to use just one bricklayer because I like
neat jobs. You can see the fence for yourself.
maybe the bricklayers knows his onion and his crafish lol
you can testify!
more pic coming soon
Peace!

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:34pm On Apr 27, 2011
Am Alone:

This is a 2day work by the bricklayer(one)
checkout! I am not paying him on daily basis so he is
putting in his best!
Also, I prefer to use just one bricklayer because I like
neat jobs. You can see the fence for yourself.
maybe the bricklayers knows his onion and his crafish lol
you can testify!
more pic coming soon
Peace!

His work is neat, I like that, there is only one bricklayer I have that works like that, but he is too slow. (worked in my last project last year) An old man who retired from active service years ago. Keep the pictures coming.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:43pm On Apr 27, 2011
@ Spyder,
Dont think we don't have that sand here. That is what I was referring to as fresh water sand.
I don't use it, so I don't have the real price of it, but i know it is less than 10k.
People hardly use it here in Lagos, because it is believed not to be as efficient as the
dredging sand(the sand brought from high sea) and it goes for nothing less than 22k(though I
just found a supplier that can give me for 20k. And this is because he owns the truck and likes moi!)
check out the pic
However, people who cannot afford the dredging go for this.

once they supply me with the dredging sand, I will post for your to compare.

Goodlucks with your house too jorray! grin  grin  grin  1luv

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:49pm On Apr 27, 2011
Am Alone:

@ Spyder,
Dont think we don't have that sand here. That is what I was referring to as fresh water sand.
I don't use it, so I don't have the real price of it, but i know it is less than 10k.
People hardly use it here in Lagos, because it is believed not to be as efficient as the
dredging sand(the from brought from high see) and that one for for nothing less than 22k(though I
just found a supplier that can give me for 20k. And this is because he owns the truck and like moi!)
check out the pic
However, people who cannot afford the dredging go for this.

once they supply me with the dredging sand, I will post for your to compare.

Goodlucks with your house too jorray! grin grin grin 1luv

How much will it cost to send me the dredging sand to Enugu? grin grin I will love to use it abeg cheesy
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:51pm On Apr 27, 2011
lol!!!!~~~~^^^^^
No need bros. Your house make sense still na! grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:54pm On Apr 27, 2011
cool
back back

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:00pm On Apr 27, 2011
@mike,
I went there today o
but it ain't easy, Mushin as a whole don't have what I like
and for my 9" doors, I was getting 120k
one of the brand name I love is 'Zodaic'
It amazing! And the quality is even higher than
thes turkey doors too. And it is even more expensive
so I plan to mix them. I have a neighbor who bought some
of thes doors for his house, I will contact with him
to see if I can know where he got his from.
The zodaic 3ft for 9" block, they were calling 70k oo!
Its too much my man. But for the normal 9" door for 4ft
I saw 110k for a stainless door I don't need and some
goo looking doors too of 4ft for 9" block 90k
and some 130k. For the china, I saw 37k for the 4ft
and 12k for the 3ft.

Abeg where you say them won give you 31k for turkey door?
Abeg jamisi! Also, you think say If I come Island I go fit get classy doors
there? Doors wey go fit command respect ooo!!! Mushin doors no too get levels
like that. Or maybe, I no too waka well.
I feel like say I don come back to square zero!
Oshey!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by SMARTMEADE(m): 8:21pm On Apr 27, 2011
my bullet proof door cost 155k .nd got it from mushin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 8:23pm On Apr 27, 2011
@Am_Alone, Spyder, Kuntash and Everyone.
Thanks for keeping this thread alive. I really wish Nairaland could provide a "like" button like we have it on facebook. You are really amazing!

@Am_Alone, I will be here watching how you will spend the final N4-5m that will take your house to completion. Keep the good work, men!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kuntash: 8:28pm On Apr 27, 2011
thanks mikeadeoye & Spyder, even though I ve asked Spyder smthn similar b4.

mikeadeoye I think I would follow ur route on the german floor.

I would also wait so the sand could set very well, I learn it rained well ystdy, better for me grin

tanks once again
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:32pm On Apr 27, 2011
brabus:

@Am_Alone, Spyder, Kuntash and Everyone.
Thanks for keeping this thread alive. I really wish Nairaland could provide a "like" button like we have it on facebook. You are really amazing!

@Am_Alone, I will be here watching how you will spend the final N4-5m that will take your house to completion. Keep the good work, men!

Bros welcome!
I no talk say I budget 10million for the bungalow o!
Just sit down and relax and enjoy the ride!
If i budget 10m, I no go use that roof!
Anyhow sha! make we dey look how e dey go!!!!
Thanks

Bros SMARTMEADE
Abeg you fit tell me where you buy that door?
Also abeg shey you fit post me the person contact number
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:35pm On Apr 27, 2011
Also, Brabus,
don't think 4m cannot finish the house
But to my standard/taste, IT CANNOT!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by DCGUY: 8:40pm On Apr 27, 2011
@ alone, good job- I like your taste. However, please make sure that your roof is supported by a very good entrance door. otherwise, a low level door will drown the look of your house.
@spider, you give me a lot of energy. Can not thank you guys enough!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:43pm On Apr 27, 2011
^^^^
Trust me nah!!!!!
B4 I say Mushin no get the type of door wey I dey find
make you know say
E Dey REDD DIE!!!
PEACE!!!
THANKS MAN
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by nettan: 11:12pm On Apr 27, 2011
@Alone, Very nice fence. do you mind giving me the bricklayer's contact? thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 11:12pm On Apr 27, 2011
Am Alone:

^^^^
Trust me nah!!!!!
B4 I say Mushin no get the type of door wey I dey find
make you know say
E Dey REDD DIE!!!
PEACE!!!
THANKS MAN

make u order doors from heaven now since your taste no dey market   grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 2:24am On Apr 28, 2011
prince_onx:

make u order doors from heaven now since your taste no dey market   grin

NO! Make I still try other markets first na! cheesy cheesy
Mushin is just one place
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 2:46am On Apr 28, 2011
nettan:

@Alone,  Very nice fence. do you mind giving me the bricklayer's contact? thanks

Sorry brotherly, as much as I like to give you his number
but you can see I still have a lot to work to be done @mysite
So if I give you his number now, and you offer him 100k to come
and work for you, and he leaves my Job, I will be the one stranded with all these weak
bricklayers right?! Anyways, the bricklayer that set the block of my
house, his work is neat as well(but not as neat as this new one o!)
Do you care for that one's number? or you look for a neat bricklayers
job around your area and try to get the contact of the bricklayers that
did the job! This one was introduced to me my an Engineer, and before
he introduced the guy, I shouted and shouted and shouted at his ears!
"PERSON WEY SABI WORK WELLA NAI I WANT O!"
Peace!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 3:20am On Apr 28, 2011
^^^ By the way are those 9" blocks that you used as/for pillars? if yes why didn't you angle it like most people do? will it still serve the same purpose the way you have it?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 3:24am On Apr 28, 2011
^^^
Yes those are 9" blocks and the way I laid mine is a bit finer
I guess
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 4:28am On Apr 28, 2011
^^^^^^
No doubt they look fine but they really don't look like they're serving the/it purpose pillars anymore. guess u did it for the look not the importance/purpose.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:28am On Apr 28, 2011
Actually, I was not the one who invented it
people have been doing it, and it has been
working just fine.
Peace!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by mikedeoye(m): 9:02am On Apr 28, 2011
Am Alone:

@mike,
I went there today o
but it ain't easy, Mushin as a whole don't have what I like
and for my 9" doors, I was getting 120k
one of the brand name I love is 'Zodaic'
It amazing! And the quality is even higher than
thes turkey doors too. And it is even more expensive
so I plan to mix them. I have a neighbor who bought some
of thes doors for his house, I will contact with him
to see if I can know where he got his from.
The zodaic 3ft for 9" block, they were calling 70k oo!
Its too much my man. But for the normal 9" door for 4ft
I saw 110k for a stainless door I don't need and some
goo looking doors too of 4ft for 9" block 90k
and some 130k. For the china, I saw 37k for the 4ft
and 12k for the 3ft.

Abeg where you say them won give you 31k for turkey door?
Abeg jamisi! Also, you think say If I come Island I go fit get classy doors
there? Doors wey go fit command respect ooo!!! Mushin doors no too get levels
like that. Or maybe, I no too waka well.
I feel like say I don come back to square zero!
Oshey!!!
Am Alone,

Thanks for the update on the doors. When u said Mushin the other time, I was kind of skeptical about u finding what u will like in that place given my idea of ur taste.

I have visited virtually all the main security doors dealers ( at least 4 majors ones) in the mainland and their offices on the Island. And what I have noticed is that everyone produces similar doors. What they do is just to go to the manufacturer Abroad to produce to a particular spec for them and simply just put their Nigerian Brand logo on the doors. One that I visited is a subsidiary of a foreign door Coy and deals mainly in doors as produced from their parent Company abroad. Meen!!! Their doors are very expensive, I found Bullet proof security doors being sold for 1 Million and some others 9 inch 3ft (90cm wide) doors being sold as low as 45K. U can be sure of their quality though as I actually saw their door somewhere before I went to their office. Though I’m NOT going to buy from them as the doors are BEYOND my budget.

There are so many other small Coys and traders who are into doors too and that is what u find in Mushin, Orile and the likes. And that is why u have to be careful when buying to be sure u are buying the right quality at the right price. They are of different grades ( China, Turkey) depending on the features. I have not particularly considered the China doors becos I might not go for them as I believe I can get something better from Europe at small additional prices and that is not to say that China doors are not of good grades.

The Coy I’m considering buying from have wooden doors, normal security doors (of different grades, sizes, and prices (but imported from Turkey/Poland), PVC doors for toilets and stores and ofcourse Israeli doors ( bullet proof) starting from 116k to 216K for 3ft or 5ft doors.

I have 18 doors (3 of them 4ft i.e 120 cm wide ) in that my house but all of 6 inch blocks as my internal walls are all 6 inch blocks. I’m doing a combination of wooden doors for my room entrances except the Master (turkey imported with lovely finishing) , Metal doors but wood finished (for my 2 internal 4ft doors, kitchen internal and external doors and my master bedroom), a metal door for the entrance thru my BQ and PVC doors for my bathroom and store. I’m considering one of the Isreali doors for my main entrance which is currently a 4 ft (120cm wide) but I’m considering reducing it to 100cm width to accommodate the size of Isreali door I’m looking at.

It is the wooden doors that go for about 31k or 32k depending on the sizes. Their other security doors (metal finished or metal but wood finished) range from 30k to 105k depending on the size (they’ve got 80cm, 90cm, 100cm, and 120 cm width plus frames). The pure PVC doors for toilets go for 17k or so.

The Coy is located on the Mainland (not too far from Ikorodu road) so if you want to check them out let me know. The only thing I remember is that I don’t remember seeing a lot of 9 inches door frames in their show room. Pls note that I m not trying to advertise for any Coy and that is why I have not mentioned any Company here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.