Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,933 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:16 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (409605 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by bisanjay: 2:22am On May 10, 2011
Spyda880, prince & am Alone,

congrat on your projects,
mine is a storey building of 4flats on a 50'120 ft plot of land. from experience what would you considers an ideal iron rod layout (inches ) of a decking. i've heard people talked of "3" and "5".
why is 16mm rod relevant in a decking? i am confused as contractors have quoted for me varr ing/conflicting iron rod specifications/quotations. i am particularly not sure why i can,t do without 16mm rode. would it not be ideal to stick to 12mm than mixing both ? whose quote sounds more reliale and safe out of thses two quotes :
contractor A contractor B
-16mm= 0.5 tons (64,000) 16mm= 1.5 tons (165,000)
-10mm= 1/4tons (32,000) 12mm =4tons (440,000)
-12mm =5. 4ton (672,000) 8mm= 0.5 tons (57,000)
-binding wires 4 rolls (12,000) -bindding wire=4rolls(10,000)
-labour cost = 120,000 -Labor=130,000
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by bisanjay: 2:43am On May 10, 2011
spyder880 ,

i have observed that you used new planks in your decking, why not rent an already used woods and bamboos ? obviously less expensive. can nairalanders comment on re-using wood for decking, and could it affect my house in any way. i'm negotiating to use it in my decking's wood work. bless
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 3:09am On May 10, 2011
bisanjay:

spyder880 ,

i have observed that you used new planks in your decking, why not rent an already used woods and bamboos ? obviously less expensive. can nairalanders comment on re-using wood for decking, and could it affect my house in any way. i'm negotiating to use it in my decking's wood work. bless

What an idea . . . .Never heard of such before . . .but when would u know when the plank and the bamboo aint strong enuf to do the job since it has been used previously ?
Again, i am asking, cos i wanna know
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:23am On May 10, 2011
bisanjay:

spyder880 ,

Planks and bamboo are reusable, but I couldnt find any good place to rent or buy second hand. A neighbor wants to buy mine after I take them down next month, he is already offering to pay N400 per plank.
@ fhemmmy, actually there is no harm to it, once the planks are still strong enough to withstand pressure. But after being used 3 times, most wood will start to show signs of weakness, some types even start to spoil after first use. It depends on type of wood sha.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:32am On May 10, 2011
bisanjay:

mine is a storey building of 4flats on a 50'120 ft plot of land. from experience what would you considers an ideal iron rod layout (inches ) of a decking. i've heard people talked of "3" and "5".
why is 16mm rod relevant in a decking? i am confused as contractors have quoted for me varr ing/conflicting iron rod specifications/quotations. i am particularly not sure why i can,t do without 16mm rode. would it not be ideal to stick to 12mm than mixing both ? whose quote sounds more reliale and safe out of thses two quotes :

Actually, I cannot say which quote is better since we dont know the specifications of the decking and possible projections/cantelever sizes. 16mm rods are always used where there is going to be a projection off the beam, like a wall sitting on a cantelever, it is used to reinforce the other rods and provide a stong sitting for the walls or other things that will be built on top of the extended decking. Engineers use them wherever they have reasons to believe the load is too big for the normal 12mm.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:54am On May 10, 2011
Expenses final update till decking level.

Cement bought yesterday 85 bags x N2050 = N174,250 (only 74 bags was used on the deck, 11 were remaining, they will be used to mould more blocks for the upstairs)
additional washed gravel and sand bought yesterday, 1 trip each N25,000
labour for mixing and pouring and masons etc N57,000
transport and loading/offloading the cement N8,000
engineer for supervising the whole decking stage N20,000
refreshment for the whole workers N4,500
total for yesterday N288,750.00

This will get the total spent so far from foundation till decking of this house to N2,034,250.00

I still have up to half trip of stone, more than a trip of sand, 11 bags of cement left on the site. My blockmaker will use the sand to mould the cement. This time, we are going for 6" hollow blocks to be used upstairs as from late June, or early July this year, make man rest jare.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by atlwireles: 6:14am On May 10, 2011
spyder880

Did you get my e-mail
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:35am On May 10, 2011
atlwireles:

spyder880

Did you get my e-mail

Will check my inbox in a moment.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:14am On May 10, 2011
@artlwireles, I have replied your mail.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by slyaz: 10:29am On May 10, 2011
@ Fhemmmy:

Could you please pass me the floor plan 0gfe10 sent you.
addie: slyaz@ymail.com, thanks.

Sly.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by bimsbims(f): 1:41pm On May 10, 2011
@ AM ALONE.
Thanks a lot for all your posts, I just bumped into this this morning.I have been waiting online for either of you or spyder880 to come online especially AM ONLINE.
I am looking to buy a land in ikorodu actually i found one in gbaga off ijede road for 800k and i intend to buy 4 2 bedroom flats bungalow style.please advice and what is the importance of German floor? please tell me the best place to buy land in ikorodu.
my email is adukeolusegun@yahoo.co.uk.pls email me so i can call you .
thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 2:13pm On May 10, 2011
slyaz:

@ Fhemmmy:

Could you please pass me the floor plan 0gfe10 sent you.
addie: slyaz@ymail.com, thanks.

Sly.

Sent . . . . so give thanks to 0gfe10
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by atlwireles: 2:29pm On May 10, 2011
spyder880

Thanks for the reply. Please check my reply. Again I want to say thank very much.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by bimsbims(f): 3:20pm On May 10, 2011
@fhemmy
hello pls can i ask where u are buildling? and do you know much about ikorodu and the best places within ikorodu to buy land ?i intend to build to lease.thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Akpuoru: 4:17pm On May 10, 2011
Very interesting thread. Am really motivated. Am Alone could you send me the plan of your building. I intend building a 4 bedroom bungalow all ensuite. e-mail is-
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Akpuoru: 4:18pm On May 10, 2011
Very interesting thread. Am really motivated. Am Alone could you send me the plan of your building. I intend building a 4 bedroom bungalow all ensuite. e-mail is- i.nnam@yahoo.com
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 5:35pm On May 10, 2011
bimsbims:

@fhemmy
hello pls can i ask where u are buildling? and do you know much about ikorodu and the best places within ikorodu to buy land ?i intend to build to lease.thanks

I am still gathering information.
I am no more familiar with Ikorodu, used to, but not anymore, and to be real with you, i am in love with Ikorodu and i think it is a nice area . . . .especially for those that do not reside in Nigeria.
Hope this answers your question
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 5:44pm On May 10, 2011
bisanjay:
spyder880 ,i have observed that you used new planks in your decking, why not rent an already used woods and bamboos ? obviously less expensive. can nairalanders comment on re-using wood for decking, and could it affect my house in any way. i'm negotiating to use it in my decking's wood work. bless
There is notthing wrong with renting planks for your decking work just make sure they supply the once that have not being too out in the sun because they won't be straight. They quoted me about N390K for new planks eventhough I had some left from pillars, lintel, and german floor, plus I think N90K for labour without transportation and nails but I paid N250K for both renting, the whole work, nails, transportation, and taking it down 3-4weeks after decking it. Just show them your site, they bring their stuff, do the work and come back and pack their stuff 3 weeks after decking.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 6:00pm On May 10, 2011
bisanjay:

Bros I was asking the same question when they gave me quote for my rods but I ended up mixing them. personaly I wanted to use 16mm throughout but one contractor said it will be too heavy and the other said it will be Ok but better to mix it (go back to my ealier post for breakdown of my decking) I ended up buying another 1 ton of 12mm to that so I think mixing it is better than just 12mm. I thought I emailed you pictures of my decking work?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:59pm On May 10, 2011
Akpuoru:

Very interesting thread. Am really motivated. Am Alone could you send me the plan of your building. I intend building a 4 bedroom bungalow all ensuite. e-mail is- i.nnam@yahoo.com

Well, there is lurv in sharing!!!
check ur mail sha
Peace
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 8:13pm On May 10, 2011
Am Alone:

Well, there is lurv in sharing!!!
check your mail sha
Peace

You due for pix now . . . u have not shown us pix in the last few days now . . . oya shake body jare and show us some pix
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:21pm On May 10, 2011
@bimsbims

Well, I don't really know your budget so cannot advice much on this.
First do you live in/around Ikorodu?

My advice is that, that place is kind of far, and I heard the fourth milan bridge will
be linked to that place(may not exactly ijede road sha!!!)
secondly, if I am correct, that place is kind of far from Ikorodu garage right?
and again, the development around that place is kind very low!!!!

You can buy the land, fence round and keep it. But to go into construction now
and expect someone to lease it soonest is not very wise, because the chances of having
someone to lease/rent soon is very low. You may end up building and keeping it for
3 years before you get someone o!(anyone correct me if am wrong!)

Now if I want to advice, I can advice you to buy off Owutu-Ishawo road.
Someone told me today that they have a land there and the price is 1.6m
okay, that is kind of high. But you know Owutu is far closer to garage than
ijede. So the choice is yours! And I believe you can easily have someone to
lease it around Owutu-Ishawo, at a better price than Ijede.
There are still several places you can get a land around Ikorodu. Less than 1.6m. Just make sure
the land is genuine above all!!!!
Also, what I can assure you of is that it will be very hard for you to see someone to let your house at ijede soonest.
Because it is most likely for the site to be or look more like a bush.
Where I bought my land, I got it for 1.5m, and i can say it will still be a bit difficult to have someone
rent a house around that area for now(thought there are lots of people living in the area. But 98%  are
private homes)!!!
Peace
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:24pm On May 10, 2011
Fhemmmy:

You due for pix now . . . u have not shown us pix in the last few days now . . . oya shake body jare and show us some pix

I want to believe you have seen fence,
and lots of fence right grin grin grin grin grin
Nothing very new for now sha. And I don't feel like
posting pictures.
I will try to do that next week sha
Peace!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 8:44pm On May 10, 2011
Am Alone:

I want to believe you have seen fence,
and lots of fence right grin grin grin grin grin
Nothing very new for now sha. And I don't feel like
posting pictures.
I will try to do that next week sha
Peace!

I am not too happy with this "New' Am Alone . . . . .Shake off whatever happened btw you and the gentleman . . . . . . .I beg else, i will have to report you to Jonathan oh
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:47pm On May 10, 2011
Updated expenses!!!!

Today I paid a guy 500 naira to help me move some sand around the compound
so that the rain that will be falling can directed off the fence and off the foundation
of my house.
Also, I bought a tipper of filling sand 8,000(have not paid for it, so I'm planing to pay 7k5 for it)
the previouse once's I bought to fill my house went for 8,500 and 1,700 was used to fill it.
but the guy that will be filling this one is doing it for 1,500.
Also, I want to chain my fence round. The capenter charged me 15k for the job.
The chaining carries a design(two steps). ANd also, he will finish do the pillar of the
gate from that money! Also, I just confirmed the price for carpenter around here
and it is 3000 per days job.
The welder also, will be collecting 8k for the iron work and the iron work for the gate.
Total: 33,000
Quotation for the irons:
ring 6" by 6" =#450 per dozen x 10 dozens = #4,500(I may end up buying this ring less sha)
12m rod = #1380 x 40 lenghth= #55,200.00
16mm rod = 2250 x 3            = #6750
binding wire = #2,500
Total: #101950
Net total: 6,978,320.00
I will go and buy all these tomorrow(i mean the rods)
any additional expenses, I will let us know.
Peace
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:48pm On May 10, 2011
Fhemmmy:

I am not too happy with this "New' Am Alone . . . . .Shake off whatever happened btw you and the gentleman . . . . . . .I beg else, i will have to report you to Jonathan oh

You don make me laff o!
I don't really feel like
but no wahala, I will post some pictures
tomorrow!!! Guess that is okay na abi?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 8:50pm On May 10, 2011
^^^ Now you are talking . . . .  more like the Am Alone i have known on this thread . . . . . . . .
I just want you to know that you are have been a source of great information on building homes and you and Spyder880 have unleash so many secrets . . . thanks and God will bless you guys
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 9:01pm On May 10, 2011
I really feel like building a customized gate for my house.
One thing have noticed now is that, customized once can
be very unique, but they are also very expensive!!!!
I have being looking for gate to buy lately and I saw one very
cheap for 98k. When I try to go and customized that same gate,
I was told 130k jale jale!!!! grin grin grin
Except you want just 'anyhow' gate!
Also, I don't really have much time.
I am really in haste to have my gate done once and for all
but the situation on ground won't permit this.
I want to customize my gate but the problem is that; I don't
have enough time to do so, it is most likely to cost me atleast
40k more, it may take too much time and the risk may be kind of to much!
Then on the other hand, the uncustomary one will only cost me 98k
I think it will be wise for me to go for this one cheesy cheesy cheesy
I plan to buy the gate tomorrow wink
Fhemmy - The man who love pictures
I wil post the picture of the gate for you tomorrow
for your eyes only!!!
Peace!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 9:29pm On May 10, 2011
Okay brothers

I went to a showroom around Ojodu-Berger
And I saw some beautiful doors there as well

I visited about 3 places around there
check out their prices

4ft door
Place one --- 120k(didn't negotiate, and they were asking me how much I was willing to pay!)
place two --- 130k(same with the first one. I got this price, after my negotiation).
place three-- 135k(same doors, after negotiation)

3ft door
Place one --- 80k
place two --- 70k
place three-- 80k

The above are all turkey doors with a 9" frame.

One china door there with a turkey skin finish, 3ft with a 6" going for 25k(didn't negotiate much sha)

The aluminum guy visited me at the site today with his formal quotation
and told me the 4 by 4 ft door will be going for nothing less than 24k
and the 4 by 5ft door 28k
2 by 2 remains 10k

Net total sha is now 326,000.00
I plan to giv him an advance payment next tomorrow sha.
The work will be ready in 2 weeks
my choice of color is white with a tinted glass
Peace!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:16pm On May 10, 2011
Am Alone:

I really feel like building a customized gate for my house.
One thing have noticed now is that, customized once can
be very unique, but they are also very expensive!!!!
I have being looking for gate to buy lately and I saw one very
cheap for 98k. When I try to go and customized that same gate,
I was told 130k jale jale!!!! grin grin grin
Except you want just 'anyhow' gate!
Also, I don't really have much time.
I am really in haste to have my gate done once and for all
but the situation on ground won't permit this.
I want to customize my gate but the problem is that; I don't
have enough time to do so, it is most likely to cost me atleast
40k more, it may take too much time and the risk may be kind of to much!
Then on the other hand, the uncustomary one will only cost me 98k
I think it will be wise for me to go for this one cheesy cheesy cheesy
I plan to buy the gate tomorrow wink
Fhemmy - The man who love pictures
I wil post the picture of the gate for you tomorrow
for your eyes only!!!
Peace!!!!

Its not as if I want to say your gate is expensive at 98k, but if its the ordinary gate we have these days, it shouldnt be that costly. I dont mean to offend you so chill my guy, go out there tomorrow and ask them the thickness of the metal sheets to be used in this gate, also the thickness of the square pipes used as frames for the gate.
From my little experience, 4 lenghts of 2 by2 square pipes, costing less than 10k and 5 sheets of flat plates costing 20k is the main material for building gates (plus electrode and labour, filling and smoothing)
Just take pictures and lets see the gate here, so we can help you assess the quality. Maybe yours is a special one sha.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:31pm On May 10, 2011
spyder880:

Its not as if I want to say your gate is expensive at 98k, but if its the ordinary gate we have these days, it shouldnt be that costly. I dont mean to offend you so chill my guy, go out there tomorrow and ask them the thickness of the metal sheets to be used in this gate, also the thickness of the square pipes used as frames for the gate.
From my little experience, 4 lenghts of 2 by2 square pipes, costing less than 10k and 5 sheets of flat plates costing 20k is the main material for building gates (plus electrode and labour, filling and smoothing)
Just take pictures and lets see the gate here, so we can help you assess the quality. Maybe yours is a special one sha.

I have assessed the gate myself
and the quality is very much okay!
I don't think I can actually get it much
lesser than 98k. And I think the price is
so for some reasons. Maybe it is my area or so
but you can hardly see/get a quality gate
for less than 110k. Some even sells for 140
I have not paid yet and I will do some
more research before doing so. Also, I told the man
that I can pay 90k but that was when he remove 2k
from the 100k(initial price 130k) we had being calling. This is far the
best price I can get it around here. And the sheet you called 20k
sells for 18k here o!
peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.