Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,915 members, 7,872,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:22 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (409539 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Davedavy: 10:07am On May 06, 2011
spyder880:

They have started work on the mixing and pouring of the decking. They did only the stairs and around 12 ft square in front of the step landing on top, we shall wait till Monday next week to continue. (I was not around at the site today, so no pictures yet.) The cement used is 21 bags worth N45k + transport, loading, water, labour for workers and bricklayers totals to N21,500. Earlier in the day, I spent more than N10k on materials like more conduit pipes, more wood etc. This will total to N76,500.00.
The cummulative total for now is N1,745,500.00.

Waiting patiently for the pics smiley
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by sshalom(m): 11:26am On May 06, 2011
This is one of the best threads ever on nairaland and I really appreciate all contributors for sharing your experience with all of us.

@ Am Alone:
I would be glad to have your contacts and of course the plan of your beautiful bungalow. Oshey grin

My e-mail is -sshalom11@yahoo.com

Peace!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:49pm On May 06, 2011
My bricklayer is really delaying the job.
I have paid him about 43,500 naira upfront
and his balance now is remaining 11,500 naira
though the job has gone pass half way, but he is
still kind of slow. He brought some lazy/nonprofessionals
two days back to work at the site and I don't really like their work.

Also, there was a leakage from my roof. The company
sent 2 boys to fix it and they are right on it as I type.

I am kindly of sad now because I think I may have to pay
this bricklayer an extra 12k or so. It will be a loss for me
and I am not too happy with that. Furthermore, I am looking
for where to buy/build my gate. I want a classy one that
can complement my roof allitle.

I wish I can post some pictures. But I am not too confortable
with the job done so far. Funny enough the bricklayer is not there today!
Peace!!!!

Sshalom -- expect it tonight
atasteve -- U2
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 2:17pm On May 06, 2011
Am Alone:

My bricklayer is really delaying the job.
I have paid him about 43,500 naira upfront
and his balance now is remaining 11,500 naira
though the job has gone pass half way, but he is
still kind of slow. He brought some lazy/nonprofessionals
two days back to work at the site and I don't really like their work.

Also, there was a leakage from my roof. The company
sent 2 boys to fix it and they are right on it as I type.

I am kindly of sad now because I think I may have to pay
this bricklayer an extra 12k or so. It will be a loss for me
and I am not too happy with that. Furthermore, I am looking
for where to buy/build my gate. I want a classy one that
can complement my roof allitle.

I wish I can post some pictures. But I am not too confortable
with the job done so far. Funny enough the bricklayer is not there today!
Peace!!!!

Sshalom -- expect it tonight
atasteve -- U2

Were they able to tell you what the reason for the leakage was?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 0gfe10: 4:39pm On May 06, 2011
Am Alone and Spyder880 et al, pls i need a good fence wall design for my house. pls advice. here are some pics
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 5:35pm On May 06, 2011
0gfe10:

Am Alone and Spyder880 et al, pls i need a good fence wall design for my house. pls advice. here are some pics

How many bedroom is this and what is the floor plan, if you dont mind telling us . . . . Real nice looking house.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 0gfe10: 5:52pm On May 06, 2011
7 bedroom house, 1 room /loft, yet to be created, it will be a wooden decking
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 5:57pm On May 06, 2011
0gfe10:

7 bedroom house, 1 room /loft, yet to be created, it will be a wooden decking

Could you show the floor plan please, or send it to my inbox?
I really love the design and are the bathrooms all ensuite?
Beautiful piece you have there
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 0gfe10: 6:10pm On May 06, 2011
floor plan sent, 4 rooms ensuite, 3 rooms share 2 toilets and a bath
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 6:14pm On May 06, 2011
0gfe10:

Seen . . . Magnificent, Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:18pm On May 06, 2011
0gfe10:

Brotherly, nice house you got there!!!!
Beautiful master piece I must confess
Can you share with us the amount spend
so far on this project and where is it located
Beautifuuuu
Again, sorry to say, I don't really have any fence design in mind
peace!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:31pm On May 06, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Were they able to tell you what the reason for the leakage was?

They didn't say! But when they finished the roof back then, they told me to inform
them if there is any leakage that they will come and fix it. I believe it is very common
with all these types of roof. There is most likely to be a leakage. But they are always there
to fix it. You know, unlike aluminum, this roofing sheets comes in smaller units.
Peace!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 6:39pm On May 06, 2011
Am Alone:

They didn't say! But when they finished the roof back then, they told me to inform
them if there is any leakage that they will come and fix it. I believe it is very common
with all these types of roof. There is most likely to be a leakage. But they are always there
to fix it. You know, unlike aluminum, this roofing sheets comes in smaller units.
Peace!!!

The reason i ask is because, the roof looks like the roofing shingles we used in western world, and even though they are nice and cute, i am not sure i wanna use same in Nigeria . . . cos even the builders in western world would only give you 10 years warranty and afterwards you are on your own.
But Nigeria own should be aiight sha, cos cost of Labor in Nigeria is not as bad as western world, and our rain is like flogging human being, unlike the little thing here, but we still have to worry about heaviness of snow as well.

But like i said, looks really good
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:57pm On May 06, 2011
Fhemmmy:

The reason i ask is because, the roof looks like the roofing shingles we used in western world, and even though they are nice and cute, i am not sure i wanna use same in Nigeria  . . .  cos even the builders in western world would only give you 10 years warranty and afterwards you are on your own.
But Nigeria own should be aiight sha, cos cost of Labor in Nigeria is not as bad as western world, and our rain is like flogging human being, unlike the little thing here, but we still have to worry about heaviness of snow as well.

But like i said, looks really good

So which roofing sheet do you think would have been better?
Aluminum.,zinc,decking,asbestos,clay shingles after roofing/casting can still have a leakage. Then you can call the people to come and fix it(no extra charge). In the future, it can still have a leakage, then you can call the same people or some other people to fix it -- No big deal!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
You may not want to use it, but I tell you, this is what is in vogue now! Expecially in Ikoyi, Ajah!(it has been around for over 10 years now
in Niaja and its still in vogue!)
Everybody likes it. Those who do not have it on their roof use some other roof sheet other than
aluminum. The durability my guy is mind-blow(25yrs appearance warranted. Durability, over 50years). And I must confess, nothing else on my roof would have made me this happy.

And another thing I want to bring to your notice is that, the place that actually have the leakage is the gutter on the roof. Not the roof itself. Maybe the way they covered it, maybe it was not well covered. They have fixed it. When it rain heavily again, I will still check if there is still any other leakage.
If the is, they will still come and fix it. And if there isn't, "good job" I did say to them!!!!
Peace!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 7:12pm On May 06, 2011
Am Alone:

Aluminum.,zinc,decking,asbestos,clay shingles after roofing/casting can still have a leakage. Then you can call the people to come and fix it(no extra charge). In the future, it can still have a leakage, then you can call the same people or some other people to fix it -- No big deal!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
You may not want to use it, but I tell you, this is what is in vogue now! Expecially in Ikoyi, Ajah!(it has been around for over 10 years now
Everybody likes it. Those who do not have it on their roof use some other roof sheet other than
aluminum. The durability my guy is mind-blow(25yrs appearance warranted. Durability, over 50years). And I must confess, nothing else on my roof would have made me this happy.

And another thing I want to bring to your notice is that, the place that actually have the leakage is the gutter on the roof. Not the roof itself. Maybe the way they covered it, maybe it was not well covered. They have fixed it. When it rain heavily again, I will still check if there is still any other leakage.
If the is, they will still come and fix it. And if there isn't, "good job" I did say to them!!!!
Peace!!!

To be honest with you, i am not too knowledgeable with materials, I am not home-handy at all, cant even fix anything in my home where i reside, but i would love to learn.
So i cant really recommend what is better.
Thus my falling in love with this thread, cos i am constantly learning.

If it the shingle then, no wahala, i guess, i can easily ship a lot of them from here to Nigeria when i ship cars then, being a car dealer . . . . and i wont have to pay for the shipping cost.
Like i said, looks really good, but leakage in a home is one thing i hate and cant stand at all
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:28pm On May 06, 2011
Fhemmmy:

To be honest with you, i am not too knowledgeable with materials, I am not home-handy at all, cant even fix anything in my home where i reside, but i would love to learn.
So i cant really recommend what is better.
Thus my falling in love with this thread, cos i am constantly learning.

If it the shingle then, no wahala, i guess, i can easily ship a lot of them from here to Nigeria when i ship cars then, being a car dealer . . . . and i wont have to pay for the shipping cost.
Like i said, looks really good, but leakage in a home is one thing i hate and cant stand at all

Maybe you don't get it. Everything that has to do with water can have a leakage.
I also remember mentioning on this thread that just my plumber will be testing
the pipes when he finished it to see if there is any leakage. Please note I bought 'superb'
pipes which are more than 2twice the price on normal pipes. Yet he still have to test it
before they fix the tiles. So its a normal thing my friend.
Peacce
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 7:36pm On May 06, 2011
Am Alone:

Maybe you don't get it. Everything that has to do with water can have a leakage.
I also remember mentioning on this thread that just my plumber will be testing
the pipes when he finished it to see if there is any leakage. Please note I bought 'superb'
pipes which are more than 2twice the price on normal pipes. Yet he still have to test it
before they fix the tiles. So its a normal thing my friend.
Peacce

You are surely more knowledgeable that i am when it comes to those materials and especially on Nigeria soil . . . . So i am enjoying your thread.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 3ppleT: 8:00pm On May 06, 2011
Am alone
The durability my guy is mind-blow(25yrs appearance warranted. Durability, over 50years). And I must confess, nothing else on my roof would have made me this happy.

[/color]

I totally disagree with you, i live in Europe and i am working with a construction company, the manufacturing company can never give you 25years guarantee.
i believe this stone tiles is from CHINA because it´s of low standard to what can be produced in eEurope i know is more expensive than onduline BUT you can never compare them.
Onduline has more quality than this your dream sheet, like yoruba adage that says:

E ni ti o ba de oko baba elomi, o ma ro pe ti oun lo po ju
Am not trying to rubissh you but to let you see or know that there are more more quality roofing sheets out there.

peace wink wink
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:39pm On May 06, 2011
3pple T:

Am alone
The durability my guy is mind-blow(25yrs appearance warranted. Durability, over 50years). And I must confess, nothing else on my roof would have made me this happy.

[/color]

I totally disagree with you, i live in Europe and i am working with a construction company, the manufacturing company can never give you 25years guarantee.
i believe this stone tiles is from CHINA because it´s of low standard to what can be produced in eEurope i know is more expensive than onduline BUT you can never compare them.
Onduline has more quality than this your dream sheet, like yoruba adage that says:

Am not trying to rubissh you but to let you see or know that there are more more quality roofing sheets out there.

peace wink wink

Bros, what's your point?
You believe it is from china
what if it not from china?
Sorry my guy but you didn't make any point
"you believe". Since you are not sure, try again!!!
So again how do you know it is of low standard
you just rubbished yourself my guy.
peace!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:48pm On May 06, 2011
If you see the roof for real,
you can testify for yourself
It is mind-blowing than anything!!!!
as a million dollar cash!! grin grin grin
this is the roof I wan't
I like it for its beauty!
and I made a lot of research about it
before I went for it. Maybe your company
is not producing one with a 25year warrantee
and thats why. I saw it online, went to another company to confirm it
it was all same!!!
I don't know the quality of oduline
so I can't say! But what I know for sure is that
stone coated roofing sheet is more in voque
Peace!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 9:06pm On May 06, 2011
I don't just write trash
these links can back up all my statements
I didn't post them there hahahaha!!!!
Stone coated roofing tiles or metro tiles
http://www.metroroofs.com/metro_warranty.cfm
or
http://www.sunik.com/metro.html
or
http://www.bestbuymetalroofing.com/metro.html

And your so called Onduline carries only a 15years warrantee
and funny enough the 15years warantee is for its resistance to water
WATERPROOF: 15 years warranty   
Bros I believe you work it a construction company
but I must confess to you, after clay shingles
Stone coated roof is the best!!!!!(which I have said before)
Clay shingles has been know to last for 100years(under normal condition)
I give it up for it. It is cheaper than stone coated roof
but the weight it adds to ones house is just too much
and it is not as beautiful as stone coated tiles

Benefits of Clay Roof Tile.

•Clay Roof Tiles help shed heat in the summer and insulate heat in the winter. (same with onduline & stone coated roof)
•They hold up against harsh weather effects, better than other materials.(same with onduline & stone coated roof)
•Roof tiles are fire resistant. (same with stone coated roof, I don't know for onduline)
•Clay roof tiles are a long life product. Northern Roof Tiles expects its tile to last, under normal conditions, approximately 100 years. Warranty ranges from the first 30 to 50 years depending on the tile type. (stone coated goes for 50yrs with 25yr appearance warantee,
onduline goes for 15years waterproof warantee)
•Clay tiles are kiln fired at extreme temperatures and color is permanent. However, over time pollution and dirt will build up on the surface, somewhat dulling the color, resulting in the tiles mellowing and taking on an aged patina.

http://www.northernrooftiles.com/FAQ.html

Bros you don't know,
don't say
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 3ppleT: 9:13pm On May 06, 2011
@ Am Alone,

i can´t believe this can really get at you,but you know that is my own oopinionand my findings led me to CHINA`` where the stone tiles is been produced.
i have gone through this forum carefully and i see the way, you condemn other people´s effort or work believing you are just the best
what do u want people that cannot  afford your stone tile to do, you better stop this Quality and Taste (so called of a thing).

1. Do you think people that are using ordinary Alum, do not have taste?
2. Do you think you know the best Quality?
3. I believe you worship money, the way you talk and that is just too bad for a big boy/ man like you.
4. please always go straight to ur point and stop this blabbermouth

my dearest am alone
peace grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 3ppleT: 9:17pm On May 06, 2011
@ Am Alone,

i can´t believe this can really get at you,but you know that is my own oopinionand my findings led me to CHINA`` where the stone tiles is been produced.
i have gone through this forum carefully and i see the way, you condemn other people´s effort or work believing you are just the best
what do u want people that cannot  afford your stone tile to do, you better stop this Quality and Taste (so called of a thing).

3. I believe you worship money, the way you talk and that is just too bad for a big boy/ man like you.
4. please always go straight to ur point and stop this blabbermouth

my dearest am alone
peace grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 9:30pm On May 06, 2011
3pple T:

@ Am Alone,

4. please always go straight to your point and stop this blabbermouth

my dearest am alone
peace grin grin

Am Alone:

Peace!!!

This is my quote you quoted. Abeg where I say another person roof no good reach my own?
Did I criticize anyone or anybody's roof?  You are just a big fool l
that goes around accusing people over things you don't understand or so!
You can travel to China or India for all I care grin grin grin
I don't give a fu ck!!!!!
If you don't like me/what I do, You can go to hell!!!!
You Hypocrite!!! Above is my post. Show me where I say anyone's or aluminum roof is inferior!!!
Below is your post where you just mentioned what you are criticizing me over!!!
Shame on you!!
Hypocrite!!!!
dont take it too personnal
Peace grin grin grin
3pple T:

Am alone

[/color]

i believe this stone tiles is from CHINA because it´s  of low standard to what can be produced in eEurope i know is more expensive than onduline BUT you can never compare them.

peace  wink wink

Fhemmmy is complaining that he don't like it because it leaks
I try to make him understand that is it a common phenomenon
you come talk!!!!!
This is your 3rd post here on nairaland. And we don know say you dey europe, work for construction company
don go china bla bla bla!!! grin grin grin
if you no like moi
you can go to hell or go hug transformer
cashmoves no giv a fu ck which ever you do!!!!
Peace!! wink wink
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 9:30pm On May 06, 2011
I no mean any harm to anyone and I no mean to say or dey think say I be the highest or highest
I no get or too get money. No be say I dey build one big estate or whatever.
I remember my 3 post on this thread . Before it all began, I remembered saying "make everyone
cut their coat according to their cloth". When I spend money, I try to give account for why I spend
so much on a particular material. Like when I roofed my house. Because i spent more than twice what
it would have cost me, I try to make people/everyone on this thread understand that this is so, because
it is what I want. And when people ask me why is this what you want? I give them reasons. I am building a
house for myself. It won't cost me anything to say I bought my blocks for 1naira and cement still sells for 1400
to gain attention or so or make people think I can really manage money. But that is not moi for you. At worst,
I rather leave this thread. What I understand from life is that; people will always complain. This is a house I will
live in. If I am building for you/anyone, I can go for inferior things and charge extra and keep the extra cash for myself.
But I can't deceive(do this to) myself.
I am not saying I know the best of quality or so. I only advice that we go for quality things. If anyone ask my why
i have spent so much so far, I simply say "maybe because I am going for quality thing". It is my house. You are not
going to live in it. It is moi who is going to. If you don't like it, keep it to yourself.

Again make I make clear say NOBODY has the best character!
NOBODY is perfect. I no see anything wrong in saying why I went for
my roof is because of its aesthetics effect and that  it has a 25yr warranty. I am trying to be myself.
Weather this thread exist or not no matter!!!
nai them say; if you want to criticize you talk small small - you no holy pass
person wey dey criticize me over something done even talk pass wetin him
dey try kill me for!!!!!
Let him who is without sin be the first to cast the rest stone on me!!!!
Peace!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by automania: 9:59pm On May 06, 2011
This thread has really been helpful, will share what we are building in Anambra state from tomorrow. The budget is 4m naira. Its a walk on a tight rope but we are hopeful.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 10:11pm On May 06, 2011

peace wink wink
[quote][/quote]

Am alone is doing his thing the way he want/like and pleases him. Just learn a thing or two and go for your own taste or better still what you can afford. Eventhough some contributors to this topic made it sound like show-off thing or ccompetition this thread helped me save almost 200k doing my decking alone.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:15pm On May 06, 2011
Thank you!!!!
Some people see am as show-off.
So make I go below my taste to please them? NO na!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:28pm On May 06, 2011
This is the front view of my house from my house plan!
Please somebody tell me if this roof looks like aluminum
before this thread was started, my house has gone almost to
roofing level!!
Peace!!

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by nick08: 10:48pm On May 06, 2011
0gfe10
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex
« #1796 on: Today at 04:39:56 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ ogfe10, your house is magnificently beautiful - and I have a befitting fence design for it (please forward your email address)

I'd like to see what ur plan looks like (my email is horacedream@yahoo.co.uk),

@ Spyder880, am alone, ogfe10, etc - please keep up the good works and keep the pictures coming in,

Peace wink
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by tomjonel: 11:38pm On May 06, 2011
Am Alone: Stay Bold. What are you going to do with the talent God has given you? This is the talent of King Solomon the Temple Builder. Do you realize you can be greater than Trump? What are you going to do with this talent?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by omobashua1: 12:34am On May 07, 2011
my people with their bad belle n pull him down syndrome,i don't care if a roof was made in india,china or on d moon,as long as it makes d owner happy,that's what matters,who needs a fact finding mission,i have noticed this sick habits from our people,i have been following alot of threads on this website for about 2 years now without joining until about a week ago,i have noticed how people like lawyer have been crucified on nairaland on their topics on lands at okun ajah or how to get your building approval or governor's consent, honestly alot of this information were volunteered for free,they don't have to do it,d icing on the cake is d mere fact that i will like to think everyone here is an adult n quite capable of making their own decision, however,i find it quite hateful and disgusting when people make baseless accusations n try to tear others down, lets all grow up,be happy for others,maybe d good lord just might smile your way too,evil begats evil,positivity begats fortune, be happy for others ppl,am not talking to anyone in particular but i have noticed this pattern out here on different threads on naira land, it is called pull him down syndrome

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.