Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,918 members, 7,872,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:26 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (409540 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jumeks: 3:25pm On May 03, 2011
@am Alone, thank you plan received.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by cinzo: 4:38pm On May 03, 2011
Does anyone know how much a bag of cement is going for now
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 4:50pm On May 03, 2011
Cement now sells for 2300 per bag here in Lagos
Though I saw some places that are willing to sell
for 2250 per bag
Peace
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Raplola: 5:12pm On May 03, 2011
@ All,
Please think about what you can afford. "Am alone" bungalow is lovely because he can afford it and I pray God will give him life and strenght to finish and enjoy the house.
We all loves good things but you need to think if you can build your own bungalow up to the same standard as Am Alone. Don't start what you can't complete and you don't want to build sub standard "Am Alone" bungalow, "Am Alone" has been kind for giving out the plan to whoever requested it.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Raplola: 5:23pm On May 03, 2011
@ All,
Does anyone know where I can't get VERY GOOD INTERIOR LIGHTING for my Bungalow?
Thank you!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:46pm On May 03, 2011
cinzo:

Does anyone know how much a bag of cement is going for now

Enugu sells for N2100 now, but it looks as if it will still fall within the week.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by cinzo: 5:48pm On May 03, 2011
I just pray it falls lower! My project has been on hold for too long!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:34pm On May 03, 2011
My iron benders are almost through with their work, remaining some touchings for tomorrow. I paid them N30k agreed for this work. We also bought some minor materials today for their work. Binding wire N1000, tie rods N2700, more 12mm rods, N14000. All will total to N47,700.00.
This will bring the cummulative total to N1,669,000.00. The cement may be brought in tomorrow if all else is ready, and the mixing, casting and finishing can commence.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:42pm On May 03, 2011
Once again, I want to use this opportunity to encourage
everyone of us who is looking forward to build himself
a bungalow or a "bungalow mansion".

I want to encourage you by exposing the truth to you.
With the money spent so far on my house(6.8m including the fence)
You can finish your house/bungalow
fence, put gate and even paint with POP everywhere
inside your house.

But I always encourage people to go for the best
even if you are building a house for rent, please
kindly go for the best because when your tenants
finally vacates the house, the house will still be yours(go for best
but not the finishing aspect. Though depending on the location. places
like Ikoyi, you can't use inferior things to finish your house and expect someone
to pay you 8m per annum).

Furthermore, I want to say, even 50million is not too much
for a house/duplex/bungalow you are going to live in(as long as you can afford it,
and as long as you are getting the satisfactions you want inform
of beauty and quality. And not just throwing away money by paying
excess for something required).

Once again, these are some of the things that made my house
so expensive(it is want I want, and since it can make me happy
I think its best I go for it!!!)

**9" blocks were used throughout for my house(if I had used 6" through out, it won't be as solid as it looks
in the pictures or as I had wanted. But to save money, you can use 9" for the outside/round and 6" for the inside).
**Since you can't build your house without getting an approval from your government,
I added my approval money(150k) and omo onile so far(around 250k)
***The gutter roof of my house, as much as it looks beautiful, it is also very expensive!!!
Total cost was 500k for my gutter roof. Then I paid my bricklayer extra 30k to plaster it(we agreed 25k
but when I saw that the work was far more than that, I added 5k to it) and I used over 12 bags of cement to
plaster it, because I was mixing it 7 to 8 head-pan a bag.
***Again my roof. It is 3 times more expensive than aluminum, and is also very beautiful.
the roof cost a total of 2.1m(normal aluminum wont cost me more than 1m at most).
So if I was to used aluminum and removed gutter roof, I would have spend nothing more than 1.1m
compared to 2.7million which was spent on for my roof and the gutter roof alone.
*** Then my toilet fitting/pipes is inside that money -- 700k(because I went for original ones)
*** You can see how high my house is above the ground(2ft)
spent some more money to bring it to that height(at least 200k including filling sand)
*** Then again, the house is big!(far bigger than any normal 4bedroom)
***Again after my lintel, instead of normal 2 coach of blocks, I added 3(it helps makes the house
looks tall and beautiful. It also aids ventilation) and I lurv it!
*** And again, I am using granite and dredging sand which are more than twice the normal prices
of their alternatives.
*** Excluding the fence; So far I have used over 320 bags of cement(60bags went into my foundation
80 bags went into the German floor, 55 bags went into the gutter roof casting, more than 12 bags was
used to plaster the gutter roof, and the rest was used for all the lintels, pillars, arch and the setting of the blocks
which is about 5000 9" blocks. Also, the soak-away slap too tooked some cements). Please note I use the
recommended ratio for the mixing of the cement which is 12 heap-pan to a bag of cement for the chalking of the blocks
and for the German floor for 1:3:4 and the others.

To save money, people increase the ratio of sand and granite/gravel without increasing/adding cement(trust me, the output can never be same as or as solid as someone who used more cement). Again, I have seen a duplex decked with 250 bags of cement shocked
and a German @ Ajah that was so hard, the people who fix A/C for the house couldn't even break it. They had to employ
some professionals to do the breaking alone for them.

All said and done,
Peace 2all
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:10pm On May 03, 2011
My house is not the strongest
But it is very okay!
wink cheesy grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by omobashua1: 7:22pm On May 03, 2011
@ am alone,how r u bruv,u r quite a celebrity out here,good job,i will appreciate it if u can send me d plan as well @ "KENNYKASSIM@HOTMAIL.COM OR KEHINDEKASSIM@HOTMAIL.COM".After seeing your roof i am going to totally change the design of my roof,i have roofed it already,i had used a 55 gauge nut brown color aluminum,my total suare meter for the roof was about 460 but i know the guy probably added to it as well,i have come to realise that in that country people will still juke you one way or the other,it is just a matter of making sure it is not excessive,i spoke to my engineer and he said it is doable and that they will have to take the whole aluminum down neatly,then the whole top wood,the carpenter is going to charge me about 100k to do this,i know alot of people are probably wondering why i am spending extra money to do this,honestly i am not showing off,i am just trying to get by just like everyone out here,the main reason i am willing to spend the extra money to revamp the roof is the fact that i still have to spend about 120k to do the pvc right round the house for the outside ceiling that shoots out,i looked at it like,while spend an extra 120k to do the celing right round the house when i can do a gutter roof  which eliminate the outside shootouts n hence no need for outside ceiling,i have extra granite on the ground to use,i already have the aluminum roof to put back on as soon as d roof is done all over again,so i am looking at about 400k max to spend in revamping the roof,so in essence i am only paying about280k more to really make d roof look like my dream house, i trully understand your argument that one can not place a value on what you can spend on your personal house.i used the step tiles and they really looked beautiful,but after seeing yours,i gotta hand it to u,it is really nice,i saw it before from afar on the island but alot of people told me that it was brick slates but i wasn't interested in brick but after reading your thread,i got to know that it is aluminum that was coated,it is a really good roof, more grease 2 ur elbow,d best is yet to come by God's grace, pls send me d plan in my inbox,as soon as i redo d roof,i will tag u a picture, be safe
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:52pm On May 03, 2011
@ Omobashua1 & all

Omobashua1, I want you to understand something about this gutter roof thing.
Firstly, it can be very beautiful, and again it can just look 'anyhow'
It all depends on the design. But they all will cost you say; same amount.
but the output are always different. I will post 4 pictures of different
gutter roof designs so you can see for yourself. And if you really like/love/need it
I can help you achieve it(free. . . .  cheesy cheesy cheesy).
kindly check out the pictures(including mine and compare!)
Kindly ignore the houses and pay attention to the gutter roofs
directly under the roof is the gutter roof
hope u like
Peace

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:54pm On May 03, 2011
mine

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:58pm On May 03, 2011
Another one!

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by omobashua1: 8:09pm On May 03, 2011
beautiful bro,i see d design at d bottom of ur own,did u send me d plan yet in my inbox ?i want to call d engineer now,by d way i love d first house color n how they used some stones to beautify d window area n d fence area,something i am interested in copying but i am not gonna make my whole compound all interlocking stones,i am only gonna pave d drive way,walk way n d carport areas with interlocking stones,i intend 2 use lawn grass for d rest and also make d compound really green by planting alot of palm trees n alot of flowers,i really love wooded compound,it creates a shade in that frying lagos heat lol
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:13pm On May 03, 2011
^^Don't worry I will send you the plan.

That house look very much like mine.
I gave an architect to copy my design and give
me a good finish of what my house is going to look
like. He gave me that. I am still thinking about the stones
at the windows. I am not very sure I will use it(for some reasons)
though I love it and may finally decide too.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by atlwireles: 8:20pm On May 03, 2011
spyder880

Thank you so very much for this thread, it was an eye opener for me.
Can you please e-mail your plan. I want to start something like yours. Also what was your budget for this project. I know cost goes up as prices are always not constant.

atlantawirelessrecycling@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by omobashua1: 11:05pm On May 03, 2011
nice one bro,i thot so too,that d first pic looks like urs,i think u should do d stone thing,it gives d house a unique look,i see people that can do it around d lagos ibadan expressway,just b4 u hit d motorway complex, pls let me know when u email me d plan because it will obviously go into my junk email,i will have to adjust d settings to be able to get ur mails in my inbox, are u planning to paint ur house in that exact same color ?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kuntash: 8:45am On May 04, 2011
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

what a thread, in the last 2 months, lots of people have registered on nairaland because of this topic, on the property section, it has almost hit 2000 responses.

kudos to the guy wey initiate am and also to the engine rooms in the thread,

wrt  cement prices, if many people wait for the price to fall during raining season, would the high nos of persons waiting not shoot up the price? on the average it currently sells b/w 2300 & 2500 excluding Abuja.

but wait o, assuming its 2k we all await, and u r buying 500 bags, ,  400naira X 500 = 200k  shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ,  NA MONEY O!

lemme join the queue of waiters, lol
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Aks(m): 9:11am On May 04, 2011
@ Am alone, all I can say is GOD bless you real good for all the info
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by ACL(m): 1:05pm On May 04, 2011
@ Am Alone,

just got my plan from eniola. its a lovely one.love d model pic.
i can copy u if its ok wit u.thanks alot
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:02pm On May 04, 2011
ACL:

@ Am Alone,

just got my plan from eniola. its a lovely one.love d model pic.
i can copy u if its ok wit u.thanks alot

I would love to see it
thanks
Aks:

@ Am alone, all I can say is GOD bless you real good for all the info
Thanks man and I say you too!

omobashua1:

nice one bro,i thot so too,that d first pic looks like urs,i think u should do d stone thing,it gives d house a unique look,i see people that can do it  around d lagos ibadan expressway,just b4 u hit d motorway complex, pls let me know when u email me d plan because it will obviously go into my junk email,i will have to adjust d settings to be able to get your mails in my inbox, are u planning to paint your house in that exact same color ?

Brotherly, I sent it to you since yesterday
the painting of the house is something I
will take my time to do! But for that color,
I will say no.
Peace!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by DCGUY: 10:56pm On May 04, 2011
@ am alone, how much do you think that your architect will charge to design a 6 bedroom duplex with your cutter roof style? Also, if I may, kindly give me his number or you can email it to me at lamecci@yahoo.com
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:10am On May 05, 2011
Water is my current challenge now, am negotiating with tankers that will stand aside and provide water for this deck project. Am also hoping the taps will run so I can use it. I will post all updates when I get the chance.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:05am On May 05, 2011
@DCGUY

I don't know how much my architect will charge you o!
But I guess it won't be more than 60k
but you can check your email for his number
peace!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:13am On May 05, 2011
I paid 1200 to a guy to help me fill the side of the foundation of the fence just
after the setting of the blocks. Also, the bricklayer is really delaying the job.
It has gone pass half way though.

And again, I want to inform us that I have seen a place where I will be buying the
doors from. They are 2 different places. One I will be buying all the rooms doors from
and the other, I will buy the outside, kitchen, lobby doors from.
Peace!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by cinzo: 3:29pm On May 05, 2011
@amalone, what is the price range of the main door?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 4:21pm On May 05, 2011
The price range I got was 75k for the 3ft 9" doors(armored door with wooden finish - Turkey)
and 150k for the 5ft 9" doors(armored door with wooden finish - Turkey)
They have some doors now
but I was told they are bringing some more doors that will arrive ending of this month
So I like to wait for the doors.
But while I wait, I like to complete the fence.
Also, they other company I will be buying the room doors from
the price range is 43k(including discount). Its not a flush door
its a security door. And that is what I prefer to use for all my rooms
Peace!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by benimeogu(f): 8:09pm On May 05, 2011
Can someone suggest to me what to do to correct some mistakes made in my house, especially after the three long pillars close to the porch. The contractor was trying to improvise a window in that area and it is not looking nice. i need to help and suggestions.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by benimeogu(f): 8:14pm On May 05, 2011
Can someone suggest to me what to do to correct some mistakes made in my house, especially after the three long pillars close to the porch. The contractor was trying to improvise a window in that area and it is not looking nice. i need to help and suggestions.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:37am On May 06, 2011
They have started work on the mixing and pouring of the decking. They did only the stairs and around 12 ft square in front of the step landing on top, we shall wait till Monday next week to continue. (I was not around at the site today, so no pictures yet.) The cement used is 21 bags worth N45k + transport, loading, water, labour for workers and bricklayers totals to N21,500. Earlier in the day, I spent more than N10k on materials like more conduit pipes, more wood etc. This will total to N76,500.00.
The cummulative total for now is N1,745,500.00.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by atasteve: 9:45am On May 06, 2011
Am Alone:

The price range I got was 75k for the 3ft 9" doors(armored door with wooden finish - Turkey)
and 150k for the 5ft 9" doors(armored door with wooden finish - Turkey)
They have some doors now
but I was told they are bringing some more doors that will arrive ending of this month
So I like to wait for the doors.
But while I wait, I like to complete the fence.
Also, they other company I will be buying the room doors from
the price range is 43k(including discount). Its not a flush door
its a security door. And that is what I prefer to use for all my rooms
Peace!!!!

Please can you inbox me the name of the place from where you are buying the doors.

My e-mail address is atandasteve@yahoo.com

Thanks and well done for the good works.

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.