Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,780 members, 7,875,938 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:37 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (409607 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 2:10pm On May 09, 2011
Am Alone:

@prince I typed so much word with grief anger and lots of agitation
I jus ctrl a the whole rubbish and tap the delete button
I will say again ppl wey dey criticize me over something are also
Guilty of it because they too are praticing it. Hypocrisy
But unlike them, even from my criticisms ppl dey learm but their
Is just so baseless, seeking vain attention.
'3 ppl t' - jus like u to lead us small too
And those wey done stone moi, lead us toosince I can't do it so well
Make moi just take a smaill break

And as the arabian saying; I fold my tent and silently fade away,

You taking a break all because there was a little misunderstanding between yourself and the other gentleman would not solve anything . . . . and if you were really here to shed lights into building homes in Nigeria and educating the people, then that purpose is defeated with your break, and all the good advice you have given are all a waste.

Remember a new home or project is born daily in Nigeria and you fading off for a while could lead to mistake for some . . . . . .
The gentleman was only saying his own and we all state our mind in different ways, but as adults, we need to learn to just take care of situations and not allow situations to take care of us.

Hope you would have a change of mind and stay around to advice as you have been doing.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:36pm On May 09, 2011
slyaz:

@ Spyder880,

Your email still has not found its way to my inbox yet.
I have received two from Nairaland and one from a
nairaland spammer since I made the request to you.
So there is no problem receiving at my end.

I think the smart thing to do is make your contact
information available on the thread. You won't believe
how much business you will get from this.

But make you no forget say na mi bi first o!

Sly.

@ sly, my e-mail adress is ckenneths at yahoo dot co dot uk

@ all, my decking works is almost complete, am with them at the site now, the boys are working like fire! They are making me promise to take them to a nearby shop and buy enough drinks to float a ship on! I will post pictures of the completed deck later today. Bye for now.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:42pm On May 09, 2011
@ am alone, haba bros you never show face? No vex like that o!
We are here to educate our people while getting feedbacks on how to do things better. Please disregard any opinion that will make you change your mind about educating all of us on some luxury aspects of finishings in buildings. We need you here abeg, show face na! Nigerians will be better for it, just consider it as a sacrifice you have to make to get this country to the next stage.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by atasteve: 3:08pm On May 09, 2011
Why are you leaving me alone, am alone? wink See rhythm, I am a good rapper!LOL smiley

My man i have not seen the address of the guys that sell doors. I left my e-mail address on the forum the other time.

Thanks.

Yinka.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 3ppleT: 4:25pm On May 09, 2011
Am alone,

Show your face oooooo, no fade away because of me, seems a lot of people dig your style but you bleeped up a bit and i agree that i bleeped up too( by exchanging words) but you know say O le nu gan.
ride on my guy grin, we disagree to agree.

cheers wink wink
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Aks(m): 4:46pm On May 09, 2011
3pple T:

Am alone,

Show your face oooooo, no fade away because of me, seems a lot of people dig your style but you bleeped up a bit and i agree that i bleeped up too( by exchanging words) but you know say O le nu gan.

cheers wink wink

Nice 1, dat's d spirit, am sure am alone is kinda busy, he'll definitely give us the update soon
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 4:59pm On May 09, 2011
3pple T:

Am alone,

cheers wink wink

You are a great guy . . . . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:57pm On May 09, 2011
in the morning

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:59pm On May 09, 2011
the arch 2

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:01pm On May 09, 2011
in the morning 2

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:07pm On May 09, 2011
front arch

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:15pm On May 09, 2011
**I don't know how you may see it
   but what I know for sure is that,
          Don't show us/me our/my mistake(s)
        without rendering a solution.

**And I want to say; No knowledge is
a waste. One thing I try to do in this
thread is to share the/my ups and downs
of my building experience. I have seen a building
that has being built to decking level, and because
of poor engineering, the whole pillars(27) was taken
down and re-built. All this began when I came here to
share the downs of my building/roofing experience.

I am not here to gain any attention(I want people to know
the truth of everything. See it as it is. To me, every single
information matters), I am not advertising anything,
I am not a builder nor an engineer, I am not selling anything as well. I am just doing this for the fun
and so as to share some experience with others and get some
good advice if possible. That is why I try to stay honest like tattoo!
NOBODY and I repeat eN-O-BODY can ruin moi down!
If what I am doing can't serve the purpose that I am doing it for
I think it did be best I change my parole!!!!

Less I forgot. . . .
"I AM A LEADER HOMEBOY 'COS I NEVER FOLLOW ----- OLUWA CHAMPION"
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:18pm On May 09, 2011
some completed side

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:20pm On May 09, 2011
some completed side

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:22pm On May 09, 2011
more completed side

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:23pm On May 09, 2011
the boys at work

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:25pm On May 09, 2011
more boys

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:26pm On May 09, 2011
more 2

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 6:35pm On May 09, 2011
Welcome back "Am-Alone" hope that was a welcome speech cux you sound like person wey still dey vex

@Spyder880: what size of rods did you finally use for the decking? they kind of look too tiny abi na the picture?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:37pm On May 09, 2011
TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY, I will still stay around this thread to communicate with all of una, but the works in my site will freeze for some time, although my bockmaker is starting to make more blocks tomorrow, (6'' hollow blocks to be used upstairs) we shall not start work on this site till late june, (make water fall and make am strong na grin)I want to rest my people, but if anything hurries my return to this site this month, I will post all the progress.
Let me work small on a commercial project somewhere else. once again, I shall always be around this thread and will try and update my blog with new and old buildings and lands for sale.

CHINEKE MMAMMA!!!!!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:40pm On May 09, 2011
prince_onx:

Welcome back "Am-Alone" hope that was a welcome speech cux you sound like person wey still dey vex

@Spyder880: what size of rods did you finally use for the decking? they kind of look too tiny abi na the picture?

I no vex o!!
Peace

@ Spyder,
You no come give us update of the total cash spent?
Peace2u2
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:41pm On May 09, 2011
@ Spyder
This your house don dey give life go sha
oshey!!!!
peace
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:43pm On May 09, 2011
prince_onx:

About 215 pcs of 12mm and 23pcs of 16mm for the extended corners, some 10mm were used as tie beam in some places, about 10 or 12pcs. I hope to give the breakdown of this decking soon, also, I will still update us on the expenses.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:49pm On May 09, 2011
Am Alone:

@ Spyder
This your house don dey give life go sha
oshey!!!!
peace

My man, I am relieved this stage is finally over, I think it will get easier soon as the next stage is only block work. Welcome back, how is your fence going, hope its completed now.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:51pm On May 09, 2011
spyder880:

My man, I am relieved this stage is finally over, I think it will get easier soon as the next stage is only block work. Welcome back, how is your fence going, hope its completed now.
Completed ke?
No mind those bricklayers jorray!!!
but by tomorrow sha or next 3 days
it will be completed
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 6:57pm On May 09, 2011
spyder880:

About 215 pcs of 12mm and 23pcs of 16mm for the extended corners, some 10mm were used as tie beam in some places, about 10 or 12pcs. I hope to give the breakdown of this decking soon, also, I will still update us on the expenses.

OK! mine was mixed too! Good job men!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:02pm On May 09, 2011
Am Alone:

Completed ke?
No mind those bricklayers jorray!!!
but by tomorrow sha or next 3 days
it will be completed

But the fence is very smooth and worth all the time spent waiting for completion. Because my carpenter is an expert, I allowed him do my decking alone for nearly a month. Allow the man to take his time but get a perfect finish.
But, I remember doing a fence and mounting a gate in 4 days, though the quality of the fence is not all that perfect.
day 1 - digging the foundation and blinding the foundation
day 2 - laying the blocks till 6 layers all round the fence
day 3 - completing the fence to 11 or 12 blocks
day 4 - mounting the gate and locking the compound grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:12pm On May 09, 2011
Yes, only that I did not allow him to use too much
labour. But kosi wahala sha
Peace!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:59pm On May 09, 2011
I want to say I have gotten my final quotation for my aluminum window(tower aluminum)
And net total is 321,00p(with net)
All casement
4 by 4 = 23,500 x 10 = 235,000
4 by 5 = 28,000 x 2 = 56,000
2 by 2 = 10,000 x 3 = 30,000
total: 321,000.00

Note the best quotation I got for this aluminum window was
around 456,000 or so. They try to inflate the price by saying
"cost of transportation" and "installation charges"

What I noticed from this guy's quotation is that
he didn't apply all the above mentioned charges
so guys, beware!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 3ppleT: 8:50pm On May 09, 2011
am alone
**[color=#006600]I don't know how you may see it
    but what I know for sure is that,
           Don't show us/me our/my mistake(s)
         without rendering a solution.

[/color]

Am alone,

Bitte mund , 

I rest my case lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:03pm On May 09, 2011
atasteve:

Why are you leaving me alone, am alone? wink See rhythm, I am a good rapper!LOL smiley

My man i have not seen the address of the guys that sell doors. I left my e-mail address on the forum the other time.

Thanks.

Yinka.

astasteve, please do not be offended.
It escaped my mind oo!
I will advice that you wait for me to buy the doors
at the end of this month first. Though it may be
before. Because like I said earlier, I will be buying
it from 2 to 3 different places. This will kind of
cost me more cast in term of transportation, but I think I can
handle it. The first place, I will be buying all the rooms doors,
the second place I will be buying the kitchen, store, and lobby door
and the last place, I will be buying the entrance door from.

Also, I have a new company I got in contact with and their price is really
attractive :O I plant to visit there tomorrow.
I will give you some updates sha. expecially if the doors they are selling are very okay
for the prices
Peace!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by ADEBYTE: 10:37pm On May 09, 2011
@ ogfe10.what a beautiful house you have built.pls kindly send me the plan if you dont mind.i would love to start a similar project as well.

thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.