Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,731 members, 7,935,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 11:20 PM

Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? (26794 Views)

'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' / A Man Died, Buried, Appeared In Another Land Where Nobody Knows Him / Baby crawls out of the house to the highway while parents were fast asleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by Maxcollins042(m): 11:01am On Oct 05, 2020
This is a no-brainer na. No be every matter you suppose carry come here. It's obvious she's still a child. Are you a child too? You are the first child and an adult here for Pete's sake.

Selling the land where your parents are buried is a no no.
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by sammy7410(m): 11:01am On Oct 05, 2020
Those girls reserved dis

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by Baybii: 11:02am On Oct 05, 2020
sad It hurts to think of my parents as dead and buried.

If I were the one, I would do it. I can't stand to go to the village anymore because I'll have to see my sister's grave, so imagine how much more pain I would be in to continually have to see the land where my parents were buried. I will definitely sell the parcel of land, and buy another in a place far far away.

I know other folks might have different opinions, but to each his own.

5 Likes

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by cmecproblem(m): 11:03am On Oct 05, 2020
Many people have this problem, if only cemeteries worked perfectly. People with huge financial needs cannot sell land cos their loved ones were buried there. Sad.
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by AgentGoat: 11:03am On Oct 05, 2020
The girl is wicked
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by BREYZ: 11:03am On Oct 05, 2020
finaleeec:
From a family of 4 Children, as the head Child, 2 boys and one Girl .There was frequent demand for money from my Junior ones who are yet to find their bearing.

Today Bros Anything for me, tommorow Bros am broke etc. I decided to come up with an Idea to sample their opinion on what to do about our Dads One plot which has four rooms. Each person collects the room rent. As The house Maintenance is only done by me, others just come collect money and leave.

I organised a meeting asking what should be done about the House. One Male Suggested shop should be builts and be Rented out, the other male suggested a Developer should be called upon. The girl suggested that the whole land should be sold, same land her father is Buried.

After further delibrations the other two males agreed half plot should be Sold then part of the money realised be used to develop the remaining half plot on which there father is Buried while the remaining money is shared equally among the four Children.

The Girl Finnaly stands on her Decision that the whole plot of land be sold and money should be shared and her father's grave be removed.
What sort of response should one give to such a Child?

which kin girl child be this? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by Princessbettyj(f): 11:03am On Oct 05, 2020
J111333:
Damn, a DNA test is needed to be sure the girl is truly the dead man's daughter.
She ain't got no chill at all. grin

This is one of disadvantages of not burying the dead at cemetery.

One no fit sell land in peace and take money drink beer and chop nkwobi just because dead body dey for the land. Ike gwuru.

grin grin
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by Solatium(m): 11:03am On Oct 05, 2020
Where I come from,there is a name for such children which I don't want to say here
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by Lavisha(f): 11:03am On Oct 05, 2020
jaytii:
Olx sell it grin
Zero chills
seconded.
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by Funkybabee(f): 11:04am On Oct 05, 2020
oh mg that girl is funny

don't mind the idi0ts

sell half and tell them they should not expect anything else again. they should go and work.

which kind of children are they
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by gunners160(m): 11:05am On Oct 05, 2020
seproperties:
. @op ,Are you sure that your so called Sister is truly your father's Daughter? I mean are you quite sure your father is the real father of this your Sister ? ...No true Son or Daughter of a man would say Such ,It's only a Bastard Child that would say Such .You better make your findings very well .From my own Suggestion ,You must be very very careful about such Juniour Sister ,Anyone with such Intension could be desperate and not minding whatever happens ,By the way if I may ask does she has access to the Property Documents ? Is she Married ? If she ever has Access to the Property Document this one would just Negotiate sharp sharp for the sale and send Hire Assassin's against you guys .It's inside life ,Things Terrible are Happenings .I am quite sure she is not alone on this ,She must be discussing her Evil intension with some other People .I wonder what such of Daughter this one be ooo ,I can't imagine Proposing selling the portion of Property where my Father is Buried .Never. Be Careful.
are u high? She gave her opinion and yet you are attacking her as if she killed some one. I think its high time Nigerians in fact Africans stop attaching too much importance to death.
before anybody will ask me, can I sell where my dad is buried? Yes. He is dead so life goes on.Memory and pics is enough.

7 Likes

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by badonkadonk: 11:06am On Oct 05, 2020
finaleeec:
From a family of 4 Children, as the head Child, 2 boys and one Girl .There was frequent demand for money from my Junior ones who are yet to find their bearing.

Today Bros Anything for me, tommorow Bros am broke etc. I decided to come up with an Idea to sample their opinion on what to do about our Dads One plot which has four rooms. Each person collects the room rent. As The house Maintenance is only done by me, others just come collect money and leave.

I organised a meeting asking what should be done about the House. One Male Suggested shop should be builts and be Rented out, the other male suggested a Developer should be called upon. The girl suggested that the whole land should be sold, same land her father is Buried.

After further delibrations the other two males agreed half plot should be Sold then part of the money realised be used to develop the remaining half plot on which there father is Buried while the remaining money is shared equally among the four Children.

The Girl Finnaly stands on her Decision that the whole plot of land be sold and money should be shared and her father's grave be removed.

For me, I will laugh it off and refuse selling the land.

1 Like

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by 4four(m): 11:06am On Oct 05, 2020
That una sister have no joy or zero joy
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by iykololo(m): 11:06am On Oct 05, 2020
finaleeec:

Take Charge. You also report the issue with the use of the word "Their", is He not your father too? What happened to "OUR"?.

1 Like

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by chloride6: 11:06am On Oct 05, 2020
Lmao....Hunger never wire you...

That's why you dey ask

1 Like

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by chinchonglee(m): 11:08am On Oct 05, 2020
SweetJoystick:
Who don die don die. If the money would better my lot why not?
Leave all dese yeye Africans with their archaic beliefs.
If selling the land will better my future y won't i sell it den?

He shuld nt sell it and the family shuld keep suffering den.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by OdenKelechi(m): 11:08am On Oct 05, 2020
That girl is a bastard child
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by gunners160(m): 11:10am On Oct 05, 2020
ednut1:
I have seen many properties with buried bodies in it. They usually move it to a cemetery. But the thing with selling it is that by next year all the money would have gone and they will come back to beg you for money. Do not sell
Give me more lamba. Broke ko, broke ni
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by UDUJ(m): 11:11am On Oct 05, 2020
Solatium:
Where I come from,there is a name for such children which I don't want to say here

I think in Edo they call such children BORN THROWAY cheesy

1 Like

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by UDUJ(m): 11:13am On Oct 05, 2020
Maxcollins042:
This is a no-brainer na. No be every matter you suppose carry come here. It's obvious she's still a child. Are you a child too? You are the first child and an adult here for Pete's sake.

Selling the land where your parents are buried is a no no.

My thoughts exactly. Why would they even be thinking of selling the land their father is buried on Are they that broke financially?

cc: finaleeec

I hope the op is really a man with two fully formed balls in between his legs? This is a no brainer.
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by gunners160(m): 11:13am On Oct 05, 2020
chinchonglee:

Leave all dese yeye Africans with their archaic beliefs.
If selling the land will better my future y won't i sell it den?

He shuld nt sell it and the family shuld keep suffering den.
Good Bless you over and over again. This people are broke and there is something to bring them out of poverty yet some body somewhere that is still living with his parents that does not knw what it means to be broke just dey chastise the innocent gal. Some were even calling for a DNA test.
When the papa dey alive, wetin u give ham? Now he is dead them carry d mata for head like gala

3 Likes

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by Onnasucs1(m): 11:16am On Oct 05, 2020
Hmmm. i don't fancy burying people around family properties especially if the property is in the city. Selling the property in the future becomes really difficult.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 11:17am On Oct 05, 2020
finaleeec:

Don't even try to sell the land, you'll regret it later. My only sibling almost sold ours due to finance but I was able to convince him not to. We both graduated without having to sell it, it's also a plot with a four bedroom uncompleted flat. You all should work as well as have extra sources of income, pull your money together and complete it if it isn't, go with the shops your brother said, rent them out and split the money that comes from it. Don't even listen to your sister, she's just eager to have money she can spend on whatever she needs or business, when you sell and split the money, if care isn't taken some of you will spend it carelessly after which eyes go clear! That property is a lifetime investment and many good things can come from it. Get a reliable developer if you must, I'll rather work and complete ours though.

4 Likes

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by udemzyudex(m): 11:18am On Oct 05, 2020
Hahaha.. Come to lagos and see the way some families are relocating bones.
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 05, 2020
It beats my imagination the girl said that. Why now should i blame customs where ladies don't have any share in their father's legacy.
Just imagine her mentality.

1 Like

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by UDUJ(m): 11:18am On Oct 05, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:

Don't even try to sell the land, you'll regret it later. My only sibling almost sold ours due to finance but I was able to convince him not to. We both graduated without having to sell it, it's also a plot with a four bedroom uncompleted flat. You all should work as well as have extra sources of income, pull your money together and complete it if it isn't, go with the shops your brother said, rent them out and split the money that comes from it. Don't even listen to your sister, she's just eager to have money she can spend on whatever she needs or business, when you sell and split the money, if care isn't taken some of you will spend it carelessly after which eyes go clear! That property is a lifetime investment and many good things can come from it. Get a reliable developer if you must, I'll rather work and complete ours though.

I don't know you but feel like hugging you right now.

Those kids are just lazy.

1 Like

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by uuzba(m): 11:19am On Oct 05, 2020
Opus85:
Get a developer, reach an agreement with him and enjoy una life. All those mini flats developers build, landlord do have share in them. They might give you one flat or two, and you will still collect money for the long lease join.
The Papa grave go come dey the foundation of the house?
Him spirit go dey follow tenant wash cloth for backyard be that.
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by Slynation(m): 11:21am On Oct 05, 2020
finaleeec:

Some ladies and fish brain tho.... Do not take her advise, instead of selling the land, it's best the land is made to yield money to you all annually....

Make her to understand the importance and benefits of leasing an assets instead of selling it off, it's obvious her reasoning is based on the proceeds she will gain at the short run...
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by omanzo02: 11:21am On Oct 05, 2020
SweetJoystick:
Who don die don die. If the money would better my lot why not?
You are a joke....your mentality sound like someone who's after what he can get and always make wrong decisions in life and then blame others for their failure.
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by BennyDon: 11:21am On Oct 05, 2020
If you can't sell any part of your body for money, dare not sell plots of land where your parents were buried.

Keeping the land for your family is an indicator that you love and cherish them.

Times are hard yes but I want you to know tough times don't last. There's always light after the tunnel.
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by grim33(m): 11:22am On Oct 05, 2020
Without thinking too much about it.
Everyone has a price and so do I.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members / Life As An Albino (my Experience) / Husband And Wife To Be Buried Together In Imo After Dying One Month Apart. Photo

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.