Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,863 members, 7,872,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:50 AM

Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra (10055 Views)

"Igbos Don't Have Any Connection With Biafra, Ijaws Own It" - Asari Dokubo / Warning: Heavy Bombardment To Happen In SW/SE/SS In 72 Hrs From Now / Senator Kalu To Igbos: Don't Expect Anything From APC-Led Federal Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by Proeast2: 12:28pm On Oct 05, 2020
Seerade029:

This senero is likely to be played out.(That's what I expect)

But I'm thinking the Western powers might want to divide us based on what they left
.3 / 4 regions

Nigeria's breakup is most likely going to result in more than 4 countries. Even the North is not going to have just one country because the middle beltans would rather die than be stuck with Hausa/Fulani grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by Seerade029: 12:29pm On Oct 05, 2020
Proeast2:

Lol, are you sure you're not the one reasoning emotionally instead of rationally? Both Illorin and the surrounding areas i.e. present day Kwara will go to the North, this would be based on its historical affiliations. I gave you an example with Benin republic, ethnicity is not enough for in allocating regions/zones to where they would belong, otherwise Yorubas in Benin would have been in Nigeria!

I'm not saying you people can't contest it, but what I'm saying is that it could lead to war between you guys and Arewa, and they would fight like wounded lions because of their anger at Nigeria's breakup.

Arewa has never defeated Yorubas during war.

They were able to take ilorin because ibadans were fighting 4 wars at the same time.

If you're talking about historical afflictions then you don't know anything about Yorubas.
BTW, nothing like historical afflictions in allocating zones.

Cos it didn't happen in Port Harcourt or Asaba.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by Sinzumoney: 12:31pm On Oct 05, 2020
muykem:
Rubbish. Biafra idea itself is based on oil in Niger delta.
when the world is going green you are planning to start a country with oil and you think you are not mad? The amount of informal trade that goes on in Onitsha and aba if they are recorded and taxed will bring in immerse wealth. Wait do nigerians know that oil only constitute 10% of our GDP the reason that Nigeria is an oil based economy is because that is all we export. imagine how the SE will look like if all the Igbos move all their factories and industries their all the Igbos will still be exporting things made to other neighbouring countries like akwa-cross odudwa ijaw republic Ghana and other countries and it will increase our FX ( you should understand the term I'm using if your familiar with economics)

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by Proeast2: 12:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
Another decisive issue no one is looking at, which would also play a pivotal role is the issue of offshore oil resources. No one is even looking at this but this is going to have VERY SIGNIFICANT IMPACT. Nigeria has an extended coastline which is based on our current landmass but once we break up, the Bight of Bonny i.e. the Atlantic ocean South of Nigeria will be renegotiated with Equitorial Guinea and possibly Cameroun too. Even strategic oil assets like the Bonga deep offshore could be threatened.

Once we breakup, the ocean areas that are considered ours will be reduced and shared between us and Equitorial Guinea, it becomes worse if Biafra/Igboland stands apart from Niger Delta rep, because they will end up losing vast ocean areas to Equitorial Guinea!

In essence, the Niger Delta republic even needs Igbos more than Igbos need them. Same applies to Akwa-Cross as well to an extent.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by horsepower102: 12:48pm On Oct 05, 2020
Proeast2:
Another decisive issue no one is looking at, which would also play a pivotal role is the issue of offshore oil resources. No one is even looking at this but this is going to have VERY SIGNIFICANT IMPACT. Nigeria has an extended coastline which is based on our current landmass but once we break up, the Bight of Bonny i.e. the Atlantic ocean South of Nigeria will be renegotiated will Equitorial Guinea and possibly Cameroun too. Even strategic oil assets like the Bonga deep offshore could be threatened.

Once we breakup, the ocean areas that are considered ours will be reduced and shared between us and Equitorial Guinea, it becomes worse if Biafra/Igboland stands apart from Niger Delta rep, because they will end up losing vast ocean areas to Equitorial Guinea!

In essence, the Niger Delta republic even needs Igbos more than Igbos need them. Same applies to Akwa-Cross as well to an extent.

Honestly i dont want Igbos involved in anything concerning off shore oil/gas. We have enough inland in our land to sustain us for generations.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by Proeast2: 12:51pm On Oct 05, 2020
Sinzumoney:
when the world is going green you are planning to start a country with oil and you think you are not mad? The amount of informal trade that goes on in Onitsha and aba if they are recorded and taxed will bring in immerse wealth. Wait do nigerians know that oil only constitute 10% of our GDP the reason that Nigeria is an oil based economy is because that is all we export. imagine how the SE will look like if all the Igbos move all their factories and industries their all the Igbos will still be exporting things made to other neighbouring countries like akwa-cross odudwa ijaw republic Ghana and other countries and it will increase our FX ( you should understand the term I'm using if your familiar with economics)

In addition to the ones you mentioned, many people do not know that remmitances alone gives Nigeria almost same amount of forex as crude oil and there are some prosperous countries that rely on remmitances to run their economy. Now, we know the people that constitute the bulk of the remittances coming to Nigeria and where they would go once the country breaks up. Nigeria is currently among the first 10 countries with highest recipients of remmitances, just behind the likes of India, China, and Philippines! We have enough oil resources in Igboland that would serve our local economy and help to keep our balance of payments in green.

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by Sinzumoney: 12:54pm On Oct 05, 2020
Proeast2:

In addition to the ones you mentioned, many people do not know that remmitances alone gives Nigeria almost same amount of forex as crude oil and there are some prosperous countries that rely on remmitances to run their economy. Now, we know the people that constitute the bulk of the remittances coming to Nigeria and where they would go once the country breaks up. Nigeria is currently among the first 10 countries with highest recipients of remmitances, just behind the likes of India, China, and Philippines! We have enough oil resources in Igboland that would serve our local economy and help to keep our balance of payments in green.
Igbo Amaka�

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by Proeast2: 12:57pm On Oct 05, 2020
horsepower102:

Honestly i dont want Igbos involved in anything concerning off shore oil/gas. We have enough inland in our land to sustain us for generations.

No don't get me wrong, it's non of our business but I'm saying this based on those that claim we are attaching ourselves to them. If anyone needs the other, it is definitely not us. With us, they will have an extended coast but without us, it will be greatly reduced and they may end up losing vast offshore oil wells and infrastructure, possibly including the Bonga platform. They offer us little or no advantage whatsoever while they will obviously lose substantially without us.

This is for the record, and not for any advocacy for attachment.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by uzzokel: 1:03pm On Oct 05, 2020
Food for thought! imagine in my own community, how people envy others. I can recall, during Obasanjo regime, how many igbo senate presidents there were. Everybody wants it for himself. I think biafra may need a mixture of maybe akwaibom or cross river, or both to strike a check and balance. All igbo biafra may have supremacy problems. the said biafra should be devoid of rivers and bayelsa and to some extent delta. Those may constitute serious problems. Lets hope Nigeria moves forward.

omoharry:
ok.. bye.bye. I know that inside this same Biafra , descrimnation against the lesser tribe will start .. The Anambra man will feel too superior to be governed by someone from Enugu .. Then people from Ebonyi state will be a no no becos they don't have any regard for them. As for the Osu victims, those ones will just hide in the shadow of their society who should not be heard. They will start fighting among themselves due to their stupid ego and boastful personality ..
Nnamdi Kanu on the other hand will your Demi god, who must give a nod before anything is done and this will not sit well with the Igbos who are not known to take orders.

You think the Yourubas and we SS are your problems? Your problem is you guys.Majority of your kins men have succeeded in spoiling the reputation of this country, due to their endless greed for wealth, so as to boast among their vain friends & community that they have arrived and eligible for a chieftaincy title.. which your chief will stupidly give out becos of these unexplained wealth . Is this not the reason why many of your brothers are ready to die to get rich by all means, either by hook or by crook?

You guys should go, you won't be missed at all. Beside, you are not united and easily devided due to envy and jealousy among yourselves

It will be much easier for the Yorubas and Hausas to rule themselves peacefully than for the Igbos .

1 Like

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by Kinematics: 1:10pm On Oct 05, 2020
The deluded ipoo have started again.

Biaflans in sifia pains knowing that SS has an agenda of its own.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by DerideGull(m): 1:23pm On Oct 05, 2020
Proeast2:

I have always had reservations about a Biafra that would have the Babelian SS in it, especially the present day Rivers, Bayelsa and Riveran Delta. These areas are a flash point and highly volatile. These areas will forever be a red flag and danger zone to any country because rebel movements will always develop there.
Also, the Warri question is yet to be answered. The Itshekiri, Ijaw and Uhrobo will always be at loggerheads there, and I see no solution to that crises.

If our Anioma brothers from Delta are unanimously interested in join us, that will be great, likewise our Asa brothers and others in Rivers, although Obigbo/Oyigbo areas are already fanatical about Biafra and if it comes down to a referendum, they will most likely vote to join us.

The likely scenario or countries that are going to emerge are
1. Biafran; comprising 5 SE States, Anioma and Asa/Obigbo areas of Delta and Rivers states respectively.
2. Akwa-Cross; comprising Cross River and Akwa Ibom.
3. Niger Delta; comprising Rivers State (minus Asa/Obigbo areas), Bayelsa and probably Delta State(minus Anioma).
4. Bendel; Edo State and maybe the entire present Delta State.
5. Oduduwa; comprising all 6 SW States and maybe Okun/Kogi West. They should forget Illorin for obvious reasons.

These are the most realistic countries that would emerge from Southern Nigeria.

I want Republic of Igbo land which will comprise all places of Igbo land. Igbo land stretches from 5 Southeastern States to Edo, Kogi, Benue, Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Bayelsa State. Igbo land is not negotiable. If peaceful agreement could not be reached, then war is inevitable. By the way, the nation of Igbo land must have buffer zones too.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by SlayerForever: 1:27pm On Oct 05, 2020
Lol. Your last paragraph funny die.

We're with you anyways. So no to minorities in Biafra. wink
Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by Sinzumoney: 1:27pm On Oct 05, 2020
Kinematics:
The deluded ipoo have started again.

Biaflans in sifia pains knowing that SS has an agenda of it's own.
we say SS is in Biafra you will start shouting now we say we are you are not part you are now crying una no get focus for this life . that is why Nigeria is bleeping your region bad and giving you only 12%.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by Sinzumoney: 1:29pm On Oct 05, 2020
DerideGull:

I want Republic of Igbo land which will comprise all places of Igbo land. Igbo land stretches from 5 Southeastern States to Edo, Kogi, Benue, Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Bayelsa State. Igbo land is not negotiable. If peaceful agreement could ne be reached, the war is inevitable. By the way, the nation of Igbo land must have buffer zones too.
we want that too but if they refuse should we start trying to force them? You do realize that they add absolutely nothing to us so why are we going to fight for a group of people who hate us like the north does

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by Kinematics: 1:31pm On Oct 05, 2020
Sinzumoney:
we say SS is in Biafra you will start shouting now we say we are you are not part you are now crying una no get focus for this life . that is why Nigeria is bleeping your region bad and giving you only 12%.

The pain in your write up is very severe. Take heart.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by Kinematics: 1:35pm On Oct 05, 2020
Sinzumoney:
we want that too but if they refuse should we start trying to force them? You do realize that they add absolutely nothing to us so why are we going to fight for a group of people who hate us like the north does

Biaflans.....

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by amachuk(m): 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2020
Ndị yorroba muslim

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by SlayerForever: 1:39pm On Oct 05, 2020
[s]
omoharry:
ok.. bye.bye. I know that inside this same Biafra , descrimnation against the lesser tribe will start .. The Anambra man will feel too superior to be governed by someone from Enugu .. Then people from Ebonyi state will be a no no becos they don't have any regard for them. As for the Osu victims, those ones will just hide in the shadow of their society who should not be heard. They will start fighting among themselves due to their stupid ego and boastful personality ..
Nnamdi Kanu on the other hand will your Demi god, who must give a nod before anything is done and this will not sit well with the Igbos who are not known to take orders.

You think the Yourubas and we SS are your problems? Your problem is you guys.Majority of your kins men have succeeded in spoiling the reputation of this country, due to their endless greed for wealth, so as to boast among their vain friends & community that they have arrived and eligible for a chieftaincy title.. which your chief will stupidly give out becos of these unexplained wealth . Is this not the reason why many of your brothers are ready to die to get rich by all means, either by hook or by crook?

You guys should go, you won't be missed at all. Beside, you are not united and easily devided due to envy and jealousy among yourselves

It will be much easier for the Yorubas and Hausas to rule themselves peacefully than for the Igbos .
[/s]

Why are you people so bitter and obsessed about how Igbos will live their lives in their country? Why? Is it your business? Look at the epistle you penned down for Igbo people who don't care about you and you say you don't need help. I'm sorry.

Umunnem are you sure this person is normal at all?

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by DerideGull(m): 1:43pm On Oct 05, 2020
Sinzumoney:

I have no intention to add non-Igbo in the pending Republic of Igbo land. The intentenious and ferocity of things on the ground and around with Ak-47 in the hands will change things so quickly. I am not in any illusion that it will be easy. Believe me, shots will be fired in anger.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by dukeprince50: 1:43pm On Oct 05, 2020
DerideGull:

I want Republic of Igbo land which will comprise all places of Igbo land. Igbo land stretches from 5 Southeastern States to Edo, Kogi, Benue, Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Bayelsa State. Igbo land is not negotiable. If peaceful agreement could not be reached, then war is inevitable. By the way, the nation of Igbo land must have buffer zones too.
how old are u?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by dukeprince50: 1:49pm On Oct 05, 2020
Sinzumoney:
Don't be ridiculous, SS doesn't hate Igbo's.
Igbo's are cunning and backstabbers and we are just careful in how we deal with u.

By the way, until Nigerians break up, u will know that regions is not our problem but governance. we should vent our annoyance on L.G.A and state govt, if they didn't do anything, the FG effort won't be seen, take a look at Lagos, Kano, Portharcourt, Akwaibom which is in same country are progressing far better than other states. Anambra is doing better than Abia, blame ur state govt and LG, not Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by Eastlink(m): 1:52pm On Oct 05, 2020
IPOB clowns on the beat again. Biafra is dead on arrival. Ibos love Nigeria and have no business leaving.
Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by Proeast2: 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2020
DerideGull:

It is up to them, we are too big to start bothering ourselves or even begging people to identify with us.
It is those that show commitment and wear their Igbo tag like a batch of honor that we will fight for, an example is the Asa people of Rivers State.

This is common sense, you join your larger part and become significant or isolate yourself and become insignificant.

Anaghi ahapu ebe ana echi eze, gawa ebe ana aru agwu.

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by Miracle2020: 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2020
horsepower102:

How can food stuff be so cheap in the north yet there are millions of malnourished children there according to Unicef? What about when corona virus hit and the FG had to send them seized bags of rice to survive? What about the protest that happened 2 weeks ago in the north over rising food prices?

Dont play with my intelligence.
stop fooling yourself,pls just visit the north you discover that life is cheaper there. I bought 5 tubers of yam for #1000, how much do you think I will buy those tubers in onitsha or Aba?
Food is relatively cheaper in the north, everybody know that except you.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by Proeast2: 1:59pm On Oct 05, 2020
Eastlink:
IPOB clowns on the beat again. Biafra is dead on arrival. Ibos love Nigeria and have no business leaving.

Lol, stop decieving yourself, it is Nigeria that is actually dying while Biafra is being resurrected.

Don't get it twisted, the country is already imploding and if you're observant you will know already.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by Miracle2020: 2:00pm On Oct 05, 2020
Bkayyy:

There is no homogeneous country (>70%) that is backward, check the likes of Switzerland, Japan, Russia, Singapore and so on. The love will come by force when the politician is an in-law and the security personnel is your best friends brother and you know the family house of you LG chairman. Why the love no go dey by force, by then when the state of affairs goes awry we will know in front whose family house we will protest
so now your local government chairman is from Adamawa abi? Or your governor is he from sokoto?

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by Proeast2: 2:03pm On Oct 05, 2020
Miracle2020:
stop fooling yourself,pls just visit the north you discover that life is cheaper there. I bought 5 tubers of yam for #1000, how much do you think I will buy those tubers in onitsha or Aba?
Food is relatively cheaper in the north, everybody know that except you.

It is all about purchasing power. Believe me, if you're well to do and earning well, you will hardly bother about little differences in price. It may interest you to know that more people are starving in that same North where food is cheaper than in the East. So it still boils down to purchasing power and standard of living.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by NaijirianKing: 2:10pm On Oct 05, 2020
Interesting.

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by Proeast2: 2:18pm On Oct 05, 2020
dukeprince50:
Don't be ridiculous, SS doesn't hate Igbo's.
Igbo's are cunning and backstabbers and we are just careful in how we deal with u.

By the way, until Nigerians break up, u will know that regions is not our problem but governance. we should vent our annoyance on L.G.A and state govt, if they didn't do anything, the FG effort won't be seen, take a look at Lagos, Kano, Portharcourt, Akwaibom which is in same country are progressing far better than other states. Anambra is doing better than Abia, blame ur state govt and LG, not Nigeria

Lol, Nigeria is the number one problem whether you accept it or not. Here in Imo State for example, we voted for someone we believe will perform, in the person of Ihedioha but your Nigeria removed him and replaced him with another person and we are suffering it. Such thing can't happen in a country where our destiny will be in our hands.

Do you know how much is being wasted in the name of fighting insurgency?

What about lives and properties that are being wasted by fulani herdsmen?

Do you think that someone like Ikpeazu will thrive in Biafra when 95% of Igbos hate him?

What about the menace of SARS, do you think such problem would exist in Biafran or Oduduwa when the majority of people are against it?

Would our people waste time, money and resources traveling to Lagos or Abuja before they could board flights to other countries?

Lots of evil thrive in Nigeria because one section/regions misfortune is seen like a blessing in another section/region, thus ensuring that we never pull in same direction for common good.

So Nigeria is absolutely the problem!

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by Miracle2020: 2:45pm On Oct 05, 2020
Proeast2:

It is all about purchasing power. Believe me, if you're well to do and earning well, you will hardly bother about little differences in price. It may interest you to know that more people are starving in that same North where food is cheaper than in the East. So it still boils down to purchasing power and standard of living.
why are you confusing yourself? We told you that food is cheaper in the north than the south east you said no, now I told how much is 5 tubers of yam in the north,then you start talking about purchasing power. Let me tell you something, food is cheaper in North because majority of our local food are farm in the north. This is facts you can't deny.
I know how many trailers of cow that are being transported on a daily basis from north to south.
I know how many trucks that transport Irish potatoes and carrots from jos to south
I know how many trucks that convey oranges from benue to the South on a daily basis.
Onions,corn,rice, tomatoes etc are produced majorly in the north.
I know you have never been to the north but pls ask any of your family members who ever stayed in the north.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by OfoIgbo: 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2020
Sinzumoney:
the Igbos don't need the SS because they add nothing to us. The SE is not landlocked the azumili river in between akwa ibom and rivers can serve as pathway way to sea the Igbos can easily create a seaport there obuaku in abia state is closer to the sea than Porthacourt yet there is a seaport in PH. if Nigeria break up they won't be any thing like niger Delta republic. Nobody will want to be in an ijaw dominant country the Efik/Ibibio will form their own country and the ijaw and ikwerre will form their niger Delta republic. so nobody can claim the water since it is in-between two countries and since it comes from imo we have the right to dredge it(only to deepen we can't dredge to widen because we will be entering another country's land and we don't need it because the river is big). we have oil but not in large quantities so we won't be oil dependent and Most of Nigeria gas reserves is in imo and abia. And the world is going green due to climate change so very soon oil might become useless. I think is very good because we Igbos are business driven and we understand each other so we can easily develop our country and since the SE is small it won't take us much time and money. If we create a country with the SS it may been a smaller Nigeria and instead of Boko Haram we will have militants and the SS we just be screaming our oil money everyday. and instead of launching satellites we will be trying to stop the ijaw itshekeris and urohobo from killing themselves over who owns warri.

Ikwerre will NEVER want to be in the same nation with Ijaw. So you can discard this your dream. Ikwerres, Ogbas, Etches and other Igboid groups now will not want to be in a nation with the Ijaws, especially as Ijaws don't want to be with the greater Igbo nation.

What makes you think these Igboids will wanna be with Ijaws. No way whatsoever. They will rather be with their fellow Igbo speakers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdkLJoj_SAk
Re: Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 05, 2020
I still don't understand why buhari and his Northern brothers don't want to give these fools biafra. Give them their own country so that they can fvck off already. And, the biafra will consist of se states only, nothing like anioma.
No part of delta or river state will join you fools.
Very useless tribe.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

EndSARS: Lagos Panel Awards Another ₦91 Million To Police Brutality Victims / Nigerians To Enjoy Seamless Passport Processing Soon - Tunji-ojo / Lawal Kaita Is Dead (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.