Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,945 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:11 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1390362 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mummybee: 6:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
oawele: To God be the glory, my wife delivered our set of twin at MIHS last week. I was present throughout the whole birth process and i would say they were welcoming, nice and professional.

My wife had a VBAC which went very well and from my experience, the nurses were nice and wonderful, most expeccially the nurse that was in charge of my wife during labour.

In all i like their services and i wuld use them again if i had to........but in the mean time family planning mode activated wink

Thank you all ......

A big CONGRATULATIONS to you. May God bless and keep your Little ones and their Momma.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 6:40pm On Sep 09, 2014
mummybee:

Just that single form is Okay since u applied as a family. No need to fill the proxy form. But I guess you have to go with your husband on the day of collection. I went with my husband and had to sign somewhere like that.
oh. Tanks. But were your passports in seperate envelops? Cos when I tried tracking my passport I was told there is no info on my passport but that of my husband showed that it is ready for pick up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bims87(f): 6:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
IyawoToBe: Hello all. For those who applied and was granted visa as a family, do we have to fill the proxy form to collect your passport? We were given just one collection form, so I want to know if I am expected to sign the proxy form since my hubby was the primary applicant.

The proxy form is to be filled by other members of the family that won't be present at the collection point. Their names ll be written in the form and they ll sign. U ll also take along photocopies of dre identification and your appointment letter though they may not ask to see the photocopies and the appointment letter and still give u the passports.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 6:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
bims87:

The proxy form is to be filled by other members of the family that won't be present at the collection point. Their names ll be written in the form and they ll sign. U ll also take along photocopies of dre identification and your appointment letter though they may not ask to see the photocopies and the appointment letter and still give u the passports.
ok. But do the passports come in different envelops? Or they all come in one which is in the name of the principal applicant? They sent a mail to hubby that his passport is ready but didn't send to me cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 09, 2014
yes, you wont be discharged without a car seat and i think that applies to all hospitals in the US. MIHS even gives mothers a compulsory class on operating the car seat...that is after delivery.

I went to the hospital with my car seat however they do sell there and at a very cheap good price...I think 40 dollars or so.

ogbenyalu: @lizcom 25, dont worry your wife should be fine just make sure her fit to fly letter was written not later than 48hrs before the flight, it must have her EDD, pregnancy week, and doctor must conclude that she is "fit to fly" .cos that conclusion seemed to be there problem with me.

Pls for mamas that gave birth in mihs pls did go bring your babys car seat or did the hospital provide one? Cos my sister is saying they wont discharge me if i dont have a car seat. Pls how true is dat?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 6:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
Couples who got their visas together pls help with my questions abeg cry cry cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 7:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
Hi everyone,
Please Phoenix Mommas and papas,can you kindly confirm the following please?
1.whats the latest stage of preg accepted at MIHS?
2.At Palms shadows apartments do you need to rent beddings and kitchen utensils plus how much do they charge.
3. How close is Palm studios and extended stay from MIHS? Cos I read they are closer than cross land. Which really is closest?
4. Did any of the a Apartments receive payments from you before your arrival and if yes please which of them did.

Thanks
P.s December peeps I'm warming up, holla!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AyaSho(f): 7:28pm On Sep 09, 2014
@Oawele, pls can u throw more lite on VBAC because there is nothing of such in the Maternity Package of MIHS.
Someone like me would want to give it a trial after 2 CS operation. And please is the bill different from planned CS operation.
Thanks
One love
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mummybee: 7:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
IyawoToBe: Couples who got their visas together pls help with my questions abeg cry cry cry

If u're available, pls go along with your husband plus a means of identification. In my own case, I got an email notification to pick up my passport before my hubby.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 7:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
Phema:

That can't be difficult na. Fill exactly how long you intend to stay (in days or weeks) and where you intend to stay (name and address of hotel or a relative's place).

Thanks Phema. Was thinking I'd have to put i like the two year visa.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 7:42pm On Sep 09, 2014
mummybee:

If u're available, pls go along with your husband plus a means of identification. In my own case, I got an email notification to pick up my passport before my hubby.
does that mean you were given seperate collection forms after the visa interview? In my own case, my hubby was sent a mail to come pick his passport but I wasn't. And we were only given one collection form. And when I tried tracking my application online, i got a response that there is no information on my passport number
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 7:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
IyawoToBe: Hello all. For those who applied and was granted visa as a family, do we have to fill the proxy form to collect your passport? We were given just one collection form, so I want to know if I am expected to sign the proxy form since my hubby was the primary applicant.

My hubby and I intend to apply together and I paid separate visa app fees for us. How do then apply as a couple?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 8:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
IyawoToBe: does that mean you were given seperate collection forms after the visa interview? In my own case, my hubby was sent a mail to come pick his passport but I wasn't. And we were only given one collection form. And when I tried tracking my application online, i got a response that there is no information on my passport number

IyawoToBe: Couples who got their visas together pls help with my questions abeg cry cry cry

Iyawotobe your passport is with me. Stop crying ova dia, better tell your hubby to pay me for collection cheesy cheesy grin. You are scared they have changed their mind abi? . Dont disturb yourself o, my guess is that most times they send just one mail to one of the couples they often dont have time to send two mails. Go there with your hubby,pick it up and come back to buy me drink.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 8:35pm On Sep 09, 2014
lisamarris: @toitoi, how do i reach you.

@Madameu, we are in the same boat, going to mish also, due ending of January lol.we can share emails and contact each other.

Lisamarris hi i will mail you now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2014
Tvegas:

Iyawotobe your passport is with me. Stop crying ova dia, better tell your hubby to pay me for collection cheesy cheesy grin. You are scared they have changed their mind abi? . Dont disturb yourself o, my guess is that most times they send one mail to one of the couple. They dont have time to send two mails. Go there with your hubby and pick it up and come back here to buy me drink.
cheesy cheesy cheesy They had better not change their mind o. I'm just a bit worried, I feel I'm being treated like a handbag, lol. During the interview, they directed most of the questions at my hubby. Now passport is ready for collection and they didn't deem it fit to inform me... grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 8:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
Dollsjay: PDF Zimmerman fees are not 1600...don't think you got the right dr information

I contacted Zimmerman office to clarify on the price difference cos they gave me a quote for 2600. I was told that a c section is 2600 while a vaginally delivery is 1600.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 8:54pm On Sep 09, 2014

I got my visa with my husband. We were also given one proxy form. I was the principal applicant but I couldn't leave work to pick up my passport so I signed the proxy form for my husband to collect on my behalf so it doesn't matter who the primary applicant is. If both of you go to pick up your passport then there's no need to fill the proxy phone. My husband didn't get an email about passport pick up but I did (maybe because I was the principal applicant).so I believe that once your husband has gotten a mail in means both your passports are ready. Don't fret!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 8:56pm On Sep 09, 2014
IyawoToBe: cheesy cheesy cheesy They had better not change their mind o. I'm just a bit worried, I feel I'm being treated like a handbag, lol. During the interview, they directed most of the questions at my hubby. Now passport is ready for collection and they didn't deem it fit to inform me... grin

Why haven't you shared your interview experience babe ? You want to collect you passport first before you share abi? Dont worry what the lord has done is permanent ,they cannot change their mind. cheesy . Biko share
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
kykes:

I got my visa with my husband. We were also given one proxy form. I was the principal applicant but I couldn't leave work to pick up my passport so I signed the proxy form for my husband to collect on my behalf so it doesn't matter who the primary applicant is. If both of you go to pick up your passport then there's no need to fill the proxy phone. My husband didn't get an email about passport pick up but I did (maybe because I was the principal applicant).so I believe that once your husband has gotten a mail in means both your passports are ready. Don't fret!
lol. Alright. Thanks jare kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 8:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
Tvegas:

Why haven't you shared your interview experience babe ? You want to collect you passport first before you share abi? Dont worry what the lord has done is permanent ,they cannot change their mind. cheesy . Biko share
*covers face* my own case is peculiar.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uzyfine: 9:09pm On Sep 09, 2014
Please this is my first time of posting on this tread which I only discovered after hubby and I were denied visa last month. I want to find out if anyone knows about waiting for 90 days to reapply after visa denial blc I saw it on there website
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by thababe: 9:28pm On Sep 09, 2014
Hello,

After the wipe out incident im back, had to re register. My baby is a big boy..Glad to see a lot of people are using Zimmerman after Uchetobis recoomendation and my experience....he is def one of the cheaper drs in houston. All the best from me n my baby!

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by gingerspice: 10:59pm On Sep 09, 2014
@oawele congrats on your twins ooh! Pls how much did the total cost come to?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 11:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
thababe: Hello,

After the wipe out incident im back, had to re register. My baby is a big boy..Glad to see a lot of people are using Zimmerman after Uchetobis recoomendation and my experience....he is def one of the cheaper drs in houston. All the best from me n my baby!
how did you getter the confirmation from zimmerman? i have somone that want to have her baby in houston. how much is it ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nita2013: 11:48pm On Sep 09, 2014
Wow thababe is back. Glad to read from u. And thank God ur baby and u are waxin strong. I tot most of d pros didn't want to come back after d crash. Cheers dear

thababe: Hello,

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 11:48pm On Sep 09, 2014
bims87:

Hello, m also due in Feb,2015 and Phoenix bound. Ve gotten an appointment with Financial already and hoping to mail the embassy soon on my change in travel plans. Ve u thought of accommodation? Wre would u be staying? Can we Feb Phoenix mums in the house form a forum?

Mommas Arizona bound from Dec to January please holla o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nita2013: 11:52pm On Sep 09, 2014
Ayasho hi, if u go tru d maternity package online u ll see that planned CS has its different price. Unplanned CS has its own as well. VBAC is regarded as normal vaginal birth by MIHS

Like I stated b4, MIHS Exhausts all options b4 resultin to CS whether one has done CS b4 or not.

AyaSho: @Oawele, pls can u throw more lite on VBAC because there is nothing of such in the Maternity Package of MIHS.
Someone like me would want to give it a trial after 2 CS operation. And please is the bill different from planned CS operation.
Thanks
One love

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AyaSho(f): 3:29am On Sep 10, 2014
[quote author=Nita2013]. Thanks nita2013, You are a darling. Always ready to help at all times.
Muuuuuuaaaahhhhhh.
Note: I will still ask you more questions if need be.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:33am On Sep 10, 2014
Hi everyone. I just thought to come share my own visa interview experience at the Lagos consulate yesterday Sept9. Thanks to all who have contributed and keep contributing to make this thread the rich source of info it is. I went with my hubby and we were issued visa approvals, thank you Lord. I'm also Elpaso bound, due in November and I'll like to state a few personal facts I've been able to deduce from our interview experience yday before I post the interview transcript.
1. What @ Tvegas said in his post about the VOs at the Lagos office being just totally tired of seeing letters from doctoresparati is absolutely true. Call it a coincidence or something but I read his post in the early hours of Yday morning when I woke up to do some final preps for the interview and it was like his scenario totally reenacted itself when I and the hubby got to the embassy. Hard as I prayed that we would not get called up to the cubicle of any of those female VOs, it happened and off we went. Immediately, she found out that it was doctoresparati I was using, she let out one long exasperated sigh cum cry cum laugh. (But sorry ma'am, I was thinking in my head, too bad I can't help you there. It is what it is, I've done my due diligence and to the best of my knowledge, they are legit plus affordable to me and I've chosen to go there). After asking for our reasons for wanting to go have our baby in the US and reasons for choosing Doctoresparati to which I replied affordability, all inclusive service and positive online recommendations, she launched into a tirade of how doctoresparati is not the only hospital in the US, how if I knew they were only just a clinic, how if I knew their 'quick response time and efficient correspondence' was just part of a business strategy, whether I even took time out yo research other hospitals, how my (their)claim that they ranked among the 1st 5percent in terms of best maternity services was bogus, etc. All the while I just maintained the smile on my face, sticking to my own sincere reasons for choosing them while she went on and on. Honestly at some point I almost felt sorry for her and felt like apologizing for choosing them but of course I couldn't do that...lol.
2. I would honestly advise that anyone who is yet to book their appointment should seriously consider other options thoroughly and avoid the doctoresparati route if you can cos truth of the matter is those guys(or ladies) in the Lagos office are just plain tired of it. Especially if you are yet to get your visas. It was as though if she had her way, it would by itself have been enough grounds for refusal in my case.
VO: Good morning Mr n Mrs .....
US: Good morning(politely)
VO: You'll be traveling to Texas in the US?
Us: that's right
VO: For what purpose?
Me: we want to go have our baby.
VO: And why is that?
Me: Because....(gave her the medical reasons and the challenges we had encountered in this regard so far here in Nigeria)
VO: Oh I see...so where in Texas are you going?
Me: do you mean the name of the hospital (she nodded yes)...Del Sol Medical Center
VO: say again?
Me: Del Sol Medical Center
VO: is that not the same doctoresparati thingy(now beginning to wear a funny look)
US: that's correct ma'am.
VO: and why have you chosen that particular hospital?
Me: they came highly recommended online and their price point is affordable to us as well. I also like the fact that our correspondence with them so far has been pretty easy and quick.
VO: ( it is at this point that she launched into the tirade that I described above)
Hubby: Yes Madam,(now trying to pacify her and douse the growing tension while me I just maintained one silly smile that she must have found annoying on my face) we do understand that you are in a position where you are privy to more information on them than we are. All the info we got about them was all we could source online and it was based on this that we took our decision and chose them.
VO: can I see your budget list? (I quickly hand it over)
VO: did you consider that you could have a C section , why didn't you provide for that?
Me: If you look at the last row, I did make a provision for contingency/miscellaneous expenditure( I pointed it out to her on the sheet of paper and she nodded)
VO: But only $1500? To the best of my knowledge, a C-section could cost more than that...
Hubby: Yes but the figures we have stated for all the other items on the list are well above their expected costs, giving room for lots of excess difference to spare, we also used a much higher conversion rate of $180 dollars in coming up with the sums.( she nods in agreement and understanding).
VO: So Mr. .... What do you do?
Hubby: I work in .... as a ....
VO: for how long have you worked there?
Hubby: For about 6yrs now
VO: and how much do you make monthly?
Hubby: I make so and so and I also run my little ...personal practice from which I make about ... on the average monthly.
VO: and you madam?
Me: I'm a ... at.....( I offer to hand over my introduction letter from my office but she declined)
VO: how much monthly?
Me: ....
VO: (continues to type in quickly) Your visa has been approved, take all your necessary documents along when traveling......., pick it up on Friday at the above circled address(hands over the white form). That will be all.
Us: Thank you so much.

I'm very happy we got it, I wish everyone else yet to all the best as they go for theirs. My mum's own interview comes up tomorrow and hopefully we would meet a different VO cos I'm planning to go with her as I am the one who filled her application on her behalf, I pray it goes smoothly and successfully. Pls I have a question tho, as proof that her daughter and son in law who she's traveling with have gotten their visas, what can my mum present since our visas will only be ready for collection on Friday. Will the white form we were given be enough as proof?

Secondly, are there any mums planning to travel around second Saturday in October to Elpaso? Let's hook up pls and share travel plans et al.
Congrats to all who just had their babies too.
Sorry about the long epistle too.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by babyspice: 5:46am On Sep 10, 2014
^^^^^^Congrats Damsell!!! goes to show you planning plus preparation and of course GOD and it will be well!!!! Have a safe trip and safe delivery!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ashleybaker: 6:39am On Sep 10, 2014
Hello All,

Like @Damsell and Tvegas have rightly pointed out that the VOs are beginning to raise an eyebrow regarding Del Sol. I would suggest that we should try out other hospitals. There are so many hospitals in the US with good child delivery package. And to be sincere there are so many hospitals in the same range of Del Sol in different cities. Some of us just come here ask questions and questions without even reading previous posts and off we run to the embassy with Del sol correspondence letter. If some ladies here didn't do their research we wouldn't see the different options here. Lets not over do it and you know this people get annoyed so easily. Before you know it the frustration will start coming on new applicants and all they will get is a refusal for no reason. Mihs will soon be the next point of call for complain. Ladies lets try and do some research. Congrats to the all those that just had their babies and to the ladies travelling soon. I wish you all a safe trip and a sweet delivery experience. Love

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 6:43am On Sep 10, 2014
Good morning All,

Happy to see the testimonies flowing in...El Paso, Houston and Phoenix.

@ oawele, Congrats and thanks for sharing your testimony...These stories brings gladness and joy to my heart.

Am so happy I visited MIHS and provided the info. Special thanks to Vivianobas

I wish everyone the best. Have a blissful day.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.