Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,994 members, 7,915,920 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 12:20 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1396750 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 10, 2014
hardeymijuh: Good morning All,
Happy to see the testimonies flowing in...El Paso, Houston and Phoenix.
@ oawele, Congrats and thanks for sharing your testimony...These stories brings gladness and joy to my heart.
Am so happy I visited MIHS and provided the info. Special thanks to Vivianobas
I wish everyone the best. Have a blissful day.

Hey Hardey! Where have you been? Good to read from you. How's wifey and baby? Regards.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 7:24am On Sep 10, 2014
Mnnn, this is serious oh. Concerning this El Paso issue, how can mods help so new hospital names can be found/referred. My heart is with those that are seriously looking for good and affordable hospitals but don't want to use El Paso cos it seems overused now. God bless us all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 7:29am On Sep 10, 2014
@oawele, congrats on the safe delivery of mother and babies.
@ all who had successful visa interviews and POE, I say congrats.
We October bound people are warming up to share our stories soon.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 10, 2014
damsell: Hi everyone. I just thought to come share my own visa interview experience at the Lagos consulate yesterday Sept9. Thanks to all who have contributed and keep contributing to make this thread the rich source of info it is. I went with my hubby and we were issued visa approvals, thank you Lord. I'm also Elpaso bound, due in November and I'll like to state a few personal facts I've been able to deduce from our interview experience yday before I post the interview transcript.
1. What @ Tvegas said in his post about the VOs at the Lagos office being just totally tired of seeing letters from doctoresparati is absolutely true. Call it a coincidence or something but I read his post in the early hours of Yday morning when I woke up to do some final preps for the interview and it was like his scenario totally reenacted itself when I and the hubby got to the embassy. Hard as I prayed that we would not get called up to the cubicle of any of those female VOs, it happened and off we went. Immediately, she found out that it was doctoresparati I was using, she let out one long exasperated sigh cum cry cum laugh. (But sorry ma'am, I was thinking in my head, too bad I can't help you there. It is what it is, I've done my due diligence and to the best of my knowledge, they are legit plus affordable to me and I've chosen to go there). After asking for our reasons for wanting to go have our baby in the US and reasons for choosing Doctoresparati to which I replied affordability, all inclusive service and positive online recommendations, she launched into a tirade of how doctoresparati is not the only hospital in the US, how if I knew they were only just a clinic, how if I knew their 'quick response time and efficient correspondence' was just part of a business strategy, whether I even took time out yo research other hospitals, how my (their)claim that they ranked among the 1st 5percent in terms of best maternity services was bogus, etc. All the while I just maintained the smile on my face, sticking to my own sincere reasons for choosing them while she went on and on. Honestly at some point I almost felt sorry for her and felt like apologizing for choosing them but of course I couldn't do that...lol.
2. I would honestly advise that anyone who is yet to book their appointment should seriously consider other options thoroughly and avoid the doctoresparati route if you can cos truth of the matter is those guys(or ladies) in the Lagos office are just plain tired of it. Especially if you are yet to get your visas. It was as though if she had her way, it would by itself have been enough grounds for refusal in my case.
VO: Good morning Mr n Mrs .....
US: Good morning(politely)
VO: You'll be traveling to Texas in the US?
Us: that's right
VO: For what purpose?
Me: we want to go have our baby.
VO: And why is that?
Me: Because....(gave her the medical reasons and the challenges we had encountered in this regard so far here in Nigeria)
VO: Oh I see...so where in Texas are you going?
Me: do you mean the name of the hospital (she nodded yes)...Del Sol Medical Center
VO: say again?
Me: Del Sol Medical Center
VO: is that not the same doctoresparati thingy(now beginning to wear a funny look)
US: that's correct ma'am.
VO: and why have you chosen that particular hospital?
Me: they came highly recommended online and their price point is affordable to us as well. I also like the fact that our correspondence with them so far has been pretty easy and quick.
VO: ( it is at this point that she launched into the tirade that I described above)
Hubby: Yes Madam,(now trying to pacify her and douse the growing tension while me I just maintained one silly smile that she must have found annoying on my face) we do understand that you are in a position where you are privy to more information on them than we are. All the info we got about them was all we could source online and it was based on this that we took our decision and chose them.
VO: can I see your budget list? (I quickly hand it over)
VO: did you consider that you could have a C section , why didn't you provide for that?
Me: If you look at the last row, I did make a provision for contingency/miscellaneous expenditure( I pointed it out to her on the sheet of paper and she nodded)
VO: But only $1500? To the best of my knowledge, a C-section could cost more than that...
Hubby: Yes but the figures we have stated for all the other items on the list are well above their expected costs, giving room for lots of excess difference to spare, we also used a much higher conversion rate of $180 dollars in coming up with the sums.( she nods in agreement and understanding).
VO: So Mr. .... What do you do?
Hubby: I work in .... as a ....
VO: for how long have you worked there?
Hubby: For about 6yrs now
VO: and how much do you make monthly?
Hubby: I make so and so and I also run my little ...personal practice from which I make about ... on the average monthly.
VO: and you madam?
Me: I'm a ... at.....( I offer to hand over my introduction letter from my office but she declined)
VO: how much monthly?
Me: ....
VO: (continues to type in quickly) Your visa has been approved, take all your necessary documents along when traveling......., pick it up on Friday at the above circled address(hands over the white form). That will be all.
Us: Thank you so much.

I'm very happy we got it, I wish everyone else yet to all the best as they go for theirs. My mum's own interview comes up tomorrow and hopefully we would meet a different VO cos I'm planning to go with her as I am the one who filled her application on her behalf, I pray it goes smoothly and successfully. Pls I have a question tho, as proof that her daughter and son in law who she's traveling with have gotten their visas, what can my mum present since our visas will only be ready for collection on Friday. Will the white form we were given be enough as proof?

Secondly, are there any mums planning to travel around second Saturday in October to Elpaso? Let's hook up pls and share travel plans et al.
Congrats to all who just had their babies too.
Sorry about the long epistle too.

cheesy really long epistle- u r funny .congratulations babes. As for your mom I'm not certain they would let you go in with her oh! Even if naa you fill the form for her as you no get interview appointment . Cos if naa to interpret et al, the embassy get interpreters for our 9ja languages. Well someone that is sure should clarify that for you before tomorrow oh! Plus, US visa for old/elderly people no dey get issues factoring in their age.

As for her going in with your 'white paper', she fit carry am with her naa, but they have all una bio data on their system already and I'm sure as part of the documents wey go dey with mama; her relationship to you and your husband is established already. Plus, if you have a copy of you guys int'l passport data page, she can have it on her as well.

Cos for me, when I went for my appointment, I didn't go with my husband as he has a valid US visa already when he asked me who I will be traveling with bla! Bla,! Bla!!! I said my husband and told him (the V.O) that he has a visa already he asked for his passport or copy of it which I didn't have on me but luckily I had a sponsorship letter from him and his passport details was inside.

All the best, and congrats once again.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 8:11am On Sep 10, 2014
@Bloggerina

Please I need more details on Dr Jeanie Huyuh. Her reviews online are not good though it bothers more on her attitude than her skill set as a gyn.
I spoke with her office yesterday and they explained why such reviews arise from their American public but that their Nigerian patients understand them more

I have examined the cost of using her for CS and the overall cost is coming to the exact same thing of using elpaso

Also you mentioned you only paid $93 for physicians and when i contact the same physicians their bill was much more than that.

Finally,my conversation with DR Huyuh office mentioned that the hospital charges some minor additional fees which they would like me to speak with them to iron all these out so that there wont be any surprises. Such fees were that of the "rentals" of hospital tools to perform circumcision Please let me know if you paid any of such fees

I would like to speak with you in person if you dont mind and if you do, can you share more in details why you recommend her and experiences of other than may have used her?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oyinkay123: 9:09am On Sep 10, 2014
uzyfine: Please this is my first time of posting on this tread which I only discovered after hubby and I were denied visa last month. I want to find out if anyone knows about waiting for 90 days to reapply after visa denial blc I saw it on there website

You don't have to wait 90 days. You can reapply immediately.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lekiks: 11:25am On Sep 10, 2014
Pls isanyone travelling to phoenix tomorrow or 2 days from now. Pls i neec your help. Tnks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 11:39am On Sep 10, 2014
damsell: Hi everyone. I just thought to come share my own visa interview experience at the Lagos consulate yesterday Sept9.

1. What @ Tvegas said in his post about the VOs at the Lagos office being just totally tired of seeing letters from doctoresparati is absolutely true. Call it a coincidence or something but I read his post in the early hours of Yday morning when I woke up to do some final preps for the interview and it was like his scenario totally reenacted itself when I and the hubby got to the embassy. Hard as I prayed that we would not get called up to the cubicle of any of those female VOs, it happened and off we went. Immediately, she found out that it was doctoresparati I was using, she let out one long exasperated sigh cum cry cum laugh.

My mum's own interview comes up tomorrow and hopefully we would meet a different VO cos I'm planning to go with her as I am the one who filled her application on her behalf, I pray it goes smoothly and successfully. Pls I have a question tho, as proof that her daughter and son in law who she's traveling with have gotten their visas, what can my mum present since our visas will only be ready for collection on Friday. Will the white form we were given be enough as proof?

Congrats on your visa damsel , i am happy your efforts yielded success. Now that i have a witness i hope other intending applicants at the lagos consulate will take a cue. We are getting these women irritated already and i think they keep sending couples to them on purpose. I dont want it to get to a point where that letter will be the reason for refusal, when you get on people's nerves they get impatient. The countenance of my VO was like (Haba Tvegas,i would have renewed your visa but why did you spoil it with this letter ). We were lucky, some other people may not be. Its time we research other good hospitals that can issue well written letters. I will love to join in this research because am also guilty of not searching properly before going. Oga justwise should let us know how to share information here without marketing.

As regards your mum, you may not be allowed to attend the interview with her. If need be she will be given an interpreter. Coach her about your trip. Let her explain that her children just got their visa approved on tuesday and she will be travelling with them. You can give her the photocopy of your confirmation page if that is available, i dont think the proxy form contains your DS160 number hence it will be useless to the VO.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 11:46am On Sep 10, 2014
Hi Prince Ade,

Me I don't know about dr huynh's online reviews o, I didn't bother to check because my friend's sis-in-law used her and there was no wahala. Personally, I found her to be very nice and professional to the core o. Na she Baba God use to save me & my baby's lives. Her staff were nice & friendly too o.
There were no hidden charges but its common knowledge that yankee hospitals bill for everyth separately except places like mihs and elpaso so don't expect your fees paid to dr huynh to cover lab tests, ultrasound etc.

And yes you are right, if you go to dr huynh/west houston medical centre and have a c-section, your total cost will be almost the same with elpaso$ I've done the calculation myself.

I don't have any issues about going to dr huyhn for my next baby o, unless I decide to go for vbac, then I'd be looking for another doctor because she doesn't do vbac. If you are not comfortable with her, there are many other doctors in that hospital o. Their names have been mentioned on this thread, just read thru. Meanwhile, hope you know that its always cheaper for your obgyn to do circumcision than hospital. Yanke hospitals consider circumcision to be a procedure (operation) so dem go carry heavy bill give you - about $800 or so.
You can send me a mail let's talk some more.
Cheers
PrinceAdeAde: @Bloggerina

Please I need more details on Dr Jeanie Huyuh. Her reviews online are not good though it bothers more on her attitude than her skill set as a gyn.
I spoke with her office yesterday and they explained why such reviews arise from their American public but that their Nigerian patients understand them more

I have examined the cost of using her for CS and the overall cost is coming to the exact same thing of using elpaso

Also you mentioned you only paid $93 for physicians and when i contact the same physicians their bill was much more than that.

Finally,my conversation with DR Huyuh office mentioned that the hospital charges some minor additional fees which they would like me to speak with them to iron all these out so that there wont be any surprises. Such fees were that of the "rentals" of hospital tools to perform circumcision Please let me know if you paid any of such fees

I would like to speak with you in person if you dont mind and if you do, can you share more in details why you recommend her and experiences of other than may have used her?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 12:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
Please a quick question, in filling my visa app form do I put the hospital as my contact organisation?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 12:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
AyaSho: @Oawele, pls can u throw more lite on VBAC because there is nothing of such in the Maternity Package of MIHS.
Someone like me would want to give it a trial after 2 CS operation. And please is the bill different from planned CS operation.
Thanks
One love

VBAC is virgina birth after CS. Most hospitals and doctors eithier dont do it or charge more for it.

MIHS takes it as normal delivery and as such bill it under normal delivery package. However, note that it can have complications so you need to be sure the doctor delivering you is experienced with VBAC and is comfortable with it.

i hope this answers your question.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
For those of you coming to Pheonix to give birth, starting from January 1st, 2015 the vitals record office at 1818 W. Adams Phoenix, Az 85007 where you walk in and pick up child birth certificate will no longer provide walk-in customer service. For walk-in customer service you will need to visit other vital records office.

Hope this helps you plan accordingly.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dammiecouture: 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2014
POPSTAR:
Hi all, this is my wonderful experience in MIHS, was in labour room 4 36hrs n aside d pain, I felt like I was in heaven with d kind of nurses dt was with me... had diff nurses @ every time of d day n they were all Angels sent from heaven.... @ a point they held my hands n tell me I can make it... n @ d end cos my water broke a day b4 I gv birth d doc came in and said I was dilatin slowly n would hv 2 help me out from d 9cm had been since 4 just 3 time if not would be going 4 CS.... one of d nurse prayed 4 me, told me I could do it, tot me how best 2 do it n 2 d glory of God I had my 4.21kg Boo-boo with 1 degree tear.... D dr was amazing d nurses were awesome, God was in control.... will do MIHS again
congratulations madam, may God bless u nd ur baby
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 1:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
gingerspice: @oawele congrats on your twins ooh! Pls how much did the total cost come to?

i went to the buisness services department yesterday and i was told my bill should be $3888 but let me see my zero balance before i can authoritatively say that is my bill.

Will update when i see it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oyinkay123: 1:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
raii: Please a quick question, in filling my visa app form do I put the hospital as my contact organisation?

please let me know when you get an answer wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 1:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dammiecouture: 1:37pm On Sep 10, 2014
MadameU: Hello Mommas and papas! Thanks to all who have shared and helped out a lot with sharing info and experiences. I have learnt so much just peering at comments..
Congrats @ Popstar and kisses to the baby.
I'm due Jan ending and looking to join the MIHS crew.... just don't know how long it would take to finally get the financials appointment & obygyn too. Anyways I Will be glad to know if anyone is headed to Phoenix by mid December so we can hook up. I pray we all end up with smooth and uncomplicated deliveries IJN.
. Hello madam I got to Phoenix on Friday, didn't get any financial appointment, I just walked to d department with my hubby nd told the lady we came for d maternity package, we paid nd we were directed to women's clinic nd I got my doctors appointment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 1:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
Nita2013: Ayasho hi, if u go tru d maternity package online u ll see that planned CS has its different price. Unplanned CS has its own as well. VBAC is regarded as normal vaginal birth by MIHS

Like I stated b4, MIHS Exhausts all options b4 resultin to CS whether one has done CS b4 or not.

Well said @nita2013. In addition to what you have said, note that if you initially paid for planned CS and later agree to try normal delivery and then during the course of normal delivery there is a complication and they have to switch to CS you will be be billed as emergency CS and not planned CS.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by P0rtHarc0urtB0y: 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
@ Oawele....congratulations on the safe arrival of ur bundle of joy

@ Damsell, Tvegas, Fowopere, Nightnegeria1.......congratulations on ur succesful visa interviews.

I wish all expectant mamas smooth experiences at their various POE and safe delivery.......
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
I second @Tvegas. If there's any way we can research to hospital options to help others. I volunteer my skills. Safe and affordable healthcare for everyone is my key motivator. Shebi na only internet data and phone credit e go chop. LOL.
Na wa o, I've become addicted to this thread so tey hubby thinks I have a boyfriend here. ahahahahaha. Person with big belle like me fit catch boyfriend again. LOL. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 3:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
P0rtHarc0urtB0y: @ Oawele....congratulations on the safe arrival of ur bundle of joy

@ Damsell, Tvegas, Fowopere, Nightnegeria1.......congratulations on ur succesful visa interviews.

I wish all expectant mamas smooth experiences at their various POE and safe delivery.......

Thank you all for your kind words...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Pitykitten: 3:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
AyaSho,

Medically you can only attempt a VBAC after ONE lower segment Caesarian section.

But there's a "never say never" law in Medicine sha so speak with your doctor(s).
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 3:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
oyinkay123:

please let me know when you get an answer wink

Advice gotten says state mihs as contact org. Na how to do group appointment scheduling be d ish now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 3:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
@Bloggerina,

Sent you an email.Please respond as I need the requested info complete some plans before scheduling for visa interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Pitykitten: 3:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
T
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
YAAAAAAAAY!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ah ahn but why are there only 2 posts per page? Almost 2,000 pages shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Pitykitten: 3:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
MerryMom: YAAAAAAAAY!

LOL I think it's false alarm jare. I just saw pages up to 1995 and assumed they were back. It's now just about 2 posts per page on my computer. undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ok we are back to normal cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 3:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
LOL. Sorry for the false alarm. Don't we all just love nairaland? lol grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 3:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
thanks for the detailed info.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by springtree71: 4:14pm On Sep 10, 2014
Just got our Visas today and we are headed to El Paso in late September. Interview was uneventful although we had a lot of supporting documents to support our application (we were never asked for them). All in all we are ready for our trip (Doctoresparati).

VO:Good morning
Us: Good morning Sir
VO: Where will you be traveling?
Us: We are headed to El Paso in Texas Sir
VO: And what is your purpose of your trip?
Us: My wife is having her baby
VO: (Looks at my wife) Oh, congratulations. Are you having a boy or a girl?
Us: A boy
VO: What do you do for a living?
Us: I work at XYZ
VO: How much do you make monthly?
Us: I make XYZ
VO: Do you have any documentation or communication with a physician?
Us: (I present the letter from Doctoresparati and he looks at it quickly)
VO: Your visa has been approved. Make sure you get all your zero balance statements before returning home and have a safe delivery.
Us: Thank you

We already have reservations for Intown but some have suggested Ramada. Can someone in El Paso please confirm how far each is from the hospital?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (402)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.