Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,929 members, 7,872,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:16 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1389970 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 12, 2014
chinwe11:
6 weeks gone sad.

Did you use your visa for the purpose you stated at the Embassy on your first trip? Did you inform the Embassy about using your visa to birth in the US?

In any case, don't fret. I'm sure you will be fine with Dropbox.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 11:20am On Sep 12, 2014
chinwe11:

6 weeks gone sad.

@6 weeks I heard most women won't even know if they are pregnant or not. You should easily renew via drop box and if it comes to interview show them your 13k receipt and explain the pregnancy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kaffy055: 11:26am On Sep 12, 2014
gbemileke14: @kaffy, pls can you help wt the doctor and hospital in new jersey as I have not found any affordable price. all I got is about $7500-$10000. pls help a sister in need.

@ gbemileke d name of d hospital is Hakensack UMC Mountainside hospital and for womanly delivery is 6250and CS is 8250 including doctors bill,pediatrician, epidural and hospital bill

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kaffy055: 11:33am On Sep 12, 2014
kaffy055: Am new on dis forum and have been following the trend,through this forum have gotten the hospital I want to use in NJ and av gotten the doctors appointment and their bills sent to me.av also gotten all the neccessary document to take to the embassy but where the problem is,that I applied last month wit my husband and my daughter that we were going for vacation,which we were denieled based on not having a strong tie to our country.when we applied den I stated then dat am not employed at d moment but now I want to apply alone on the ground that I want to go and av my baby ,but I want to state it that am doing business which is selling of cloth but I don't have a shop.thou is my husband that is sponsoring the trip but I have my own statement which I will be attaching to it to show I av monthly income dat goes into the account.or should I leave it as not employed as I filled it bfor cos is just a month now dat I applied for d first one .pls I need ur advise urgently bfor I submit the form
pls am still awaiting d guru's reply on my request I Nid to submit d form bfor Sunday.pls is urgent
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 11:58am On Sep 12, 2014
kaffy055: pls am still awaiting d guru's reply on my request I Nid to submit d form bfor Sunday.pls is urgent

If you stated one month ago that you are not employed then i guess you should still say same because one month is a short time to make a decision to start a business which is already yielding some returns in your account. I my own opinion just leave it like that.
Since your husband is sponsoring, go with his statement and yours too. If it was on the reason of strong ties you were refused initially,believe me, leaving your husband and your daughter behind (especially your daughter), is enough STRONG TIE. My first appearance at the US embassy, my baby was 4 months old, i was giving a visa but my baby wasn't, (they used her as my STRONG TIE to return to my country, since i said i was only going for a 4 days conference).

So focus on getting all hospital documents (don't know if it's ok to say avoid MIHS and elpaso, grin though me, i am leaving for MIHS in 2 days time sha, lol!), make sure the statement is BEAUTIFUL enough (them like money), be confident, dress smart and pray for God's favour.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oyinkay123: 12:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
dinawe:

If you stated one month ago that you are not employed then i guess you should still say same because one month is a short time to make a decision to start a business which is already yielding some returns in your account. I my own opinion just leave it like that.
Since your husband is sponsoring, go with his statement and yours too. If it was on the reason of strong ties you were refused initially,believe me, leaving your husband and your daughter behind (especially your daughter), is enough STRONG TIE. My first appearance at the US embassy, my baby was 4 months old, i was giving a visa but my baby wasn't, (they used her as my STRONG TIE to return to my country, since i said i was only going for a 4 days conference).

So focus on getting all hospital documents (don't know if it's ok to say avoid MIHS and elpaso, grin though me, i am leaving for MIHS in 2 days time sha, lol!), make sure the statement is BEAUTIFUL enough (them like money), be confident, dress smart and pray for God's favour.
kaffy055: pls am still awaiting d guru's reply on my request I Nid to submit d form bfor Sunday.pls is urgent

Please expatiate on "beautiful statement of account" grin how much (in average) in your opinion, is sufficient?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 1:57pm On Sep 12, 2014
titibaby:

Oawele I'm not sure this is correct o. A fellow nairalander was in the situation described above and she wasn't charged for an emergency cs. Unfortunately her post about her experience was wiped out during the attack. However, I know about it because I was there in Phoenix at the same time. Except there has been a change in policy between then and now, you shouldn't be charged for emergency CS.

well..... that is what i deduced during my discussion with one of the doctors in MIHS. Anyways, lets all take note of this scenario and be guided.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 2:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
@dinawe..... I chuckle at the thought of the VO detaining a 4 month old, to issue you visa. These guys can be funny but I can't blame them they've seen it all.

@ Oyinkay123

My definition of a good bank statement for childbirth purpose in the USA is a statement that can take care of a 15k maternity budget plus a minimum of 50% of that figure as extra or disposable income. Its a general rule that you should still have some balance to live on after you return from your trip. This bank statement should also reflect a good monthly inflow as some VO will search for your monthly inflow before checking your closing balance.

Furthermore, The monthly inflow should be close to what you or your husband declared on your DS160. For self employed applicants exceptions can be granted as a regular monthly inflow may not be possible so the law of averages will apply.

If you are reapplying alone the financial task should be a bit easier for you. As your husband can make a lump deposit in your account without getting the VO upset. All you need do is to explain that your husband did the transfer, some people on this thread have done that in the past without being penalised.

Note: some people may hold different views though. Good luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 2:15pm On Sep 12, 2014
oyinkay123:

Please expatiate on "beautiful statement of account" grin how much (in average) in your opinion, is sufficient?

Actually, it's never about the current sum in your account, it is more about the cash flow (frequent inflow and outflow of cash). I can't say exactly how much but make sure the statement shows that you can pay your bills without stress.

I wish you all the best!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
Yup, it's more about cash flow than the actual balance.

dinawe:

Actually, it's never about the current sum in your account, it is more about the cash flow (frequent inflow and outflow of cash). I can't say exactly how much but make sure the statement shows that you can pay your bills without stress.

I wish you all the best!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cfcchick: 3:08pm On Sep 12, 2014
chinwe11: Hi Nairalanders.

Has anyone ever had problems with renewing thier visa via drop box? I had my first in the US though i had applied for a B1B2 visa. I didnt know i was pregnant during the interview anyway so i said no when asked the prego question. I eventually had my baby there, and paid over 13k USD). I visited again 6 months after and stayed about three weeks.

Now applying for a b1b2 again (not pregnant this time), but was told i dont need an interview since my previous visa just expired. I have all my receipts from the previous hospital, and pay slips and all, but was told all i need to submit at drop box is my confirmation letter and passport stuff.

Anyone been refused? or will they call me to come with my reciepts for interview instead>

Thanks

Sweety u have nothin to worry about! Got my visa wen I was 7 months pregnant, d VO asked me any plans for medicals I said no (but I won't do that again) I had my baby in US! I didnt visit again till my visa expired and I renewed via drop box.u dnt need ant supporting documents. All d best God gat u.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by gbemileke14: 4:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
@kaffy055, got to new jersey on Wednesday and was @ Mountainside hosp yesterday. the hospital bill alone is 3800 for womanly delivery and 5000 for CS. The doctor I contacted, Dr Peace Nyota charges 3600 for prenatal checks and delivery. No paediatrician, no epidural. pls which doctor are you using maybe the price might be better. Or is it that this bill you got is just for the doctor that takes the delivery alone no prenatal checks ,paediatrician at birth, epidural and hospital bill. Pls, clarify so I can benefit from this reduced cost. cheesy.

kaffy055: @ gbemileke d name of d hospital is Hakensack UMC Mountainside hospital and for womanly delivery is 6250and CS is 8250 including doctors bill,pediatrician, epidural and hospital bill

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by belfy(f): 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2014
Thanks dearie,will do that now.pls can u give me an estimate of the total cost for you?q[uote author=Oghobahase]
Try Dr Micheal Amaro.He delivered my two sons in Houston Texas.he uses west Houston hospital.He is very patient and kind and quite reasonable with his fees. Goggle him,i don't want to give you wrong email address.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2014
hello house
since som of us share our good news ere, i think it wont b bad for those of us that have not so good news to share too... ad our interview today at d lagos embassy n it was a denial. D VO just kept asking questions about d mihs bills(not demarketing them o) he felt d correspondence wasn't strong enof as per d financial councillor thing. n tat d bill was too low.
pls if i re apply using anoda hosp and doc wont i be seen as desperate? and secondly i intend re applying alone, wont it be termed inconsistent?

I feel so bad right now. Good luck to those yet to be interviewed and i wish myself better luck next time. sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bims87(f): 4:52pm On Sep 12, 2014
oyinkay123:

Let the closing balance be 3m at least. This will cover for the medical bill and still show u ve money to return to after giving birth.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 5:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hi guys, i'm having difficulty with this my flights ooo! MIHS mamas aw did u guys get to phoenix abeg? I no like all this cut and join trip wahala! I feel like just going straight to Houston and staying there at once cry how much was d connecting flight from JFK to phoenix abeg? I don't want to be pound wise n penny foolish o!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kaffy055: 5:16pm On Sep 12, 2014
dinawe: thanks so much av actually bin thinking about it to.i will go by ur advice will come and share d gud news soonest .

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kaffy055: 5:22pm On Sep 12, 2014
gbemileke14: @kaffy055, got to new jersey on Wednesday and was @ Mountainside hosp yesterday. the hospital bill alone is 3800 for womanly delivery and 5000 for CS. The doctor I contacted, Dr Peace Nyota charges 3600 for prenatal checks and delivery. No paediatrician, no epidural. pls which doctor are you using maybe the price might be better. Or is it that this bill you got is just for the doctor that takes the delivery alone no prenatal checks ,paediatrician at birth, epidural and hospital bill. Pls, clarify so I can benefit from this reduced cost. cheesy.

the doctors name is Fares Diarbakerli. And dis his phone num 9732213122. Email:bestobgyn@gmail.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kaffy055: 5:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
gbemileke14: @kaffy055, got to new jersey on Wednesday and was @ Mountainside hosp yesterday. the hospital bill alone is 3800 for womanly delivery and 5000 for CS. The doctor I contacted, Dr Peace Nyota charges 3600 for prenatal checks and delivery. No paediatrician, no epidural. pls which doctor are you using maybe the price might be better. Or is it that this bill you got is just for the doctor that takes the delivery alone no prenatal checks ,paediatrician at birth, epidural and hospital bill. Pls, clarify so I can benefit from this reduced cost. cheesy.

the doctors name is Fares Diarbakerli , phone :9732213122 ,email:bestobgyn@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2014
hollabeesy2014: hello house
since som of us share our good news ere, i think it wont b bad for those of us that have not so good news to share too... ad our interview today at d lagos embassy n it was a denial.

Sorry Ma'am, I was checking to read from you. Did you show the VO your budget aside the MIHS documents? If you ain't far gone you can reapply. Or can you try canada? , they hardly do interview. It's well with you, whenever i am downcast this words from rick Warren always console me " everything that happens to a child of God is father filtered". God knows about it, so be assured.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by gbemileke14: 5:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
Thanks dearie. I just called them. This forum is super helpful. God bless you all. cheesy

kaffy055: the doctors name is Fares Diarbakerli , phone :9732213122 ,email:bestobgyn@gmail.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Varvara: 6:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hi, me dears! I'm here in Phoenix, in Crossland Mc.Dowell Road. It's true that rooms smoking smell. I tied to change room, but in the next one the same situation. Right now I'm just trying to blow up it with air-cond and some freshners.

My POE was San-Fransicso. They ask about purpose, I answered medical treatment. For how long? Three months.
Then he was just curious and was Asking what did I did in malaysia and Taiwan before I came in USA. I declared it.
I explained that in malaysia I work there, but my country of residence is Russia and in Taiwan I had just transfer flight.

he asked why I choose Phoenix? I answered that they have very good maternity package. He didn't get that I come to have my baby here ))))
In general, nothing special. No any second inspection.

By the way, it seems that they don't see that I'm pregnant )))) I forced in United Airliens and US Airways take my fit fly letter )))
I'm already 36 weeks.

Good luck for everybody!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 7:34pm On Sep 12, 2014
God is a faithful God!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 7:53pm On Sep 12, 2014
Varvara: Hi, me dears! I'm here in Phoenix, in Crossland Mc.Dowell Road. It's true that rooms smoking smell. I tied to change room, but in the next one the same situation. Right now I'm just trying to blow up it with air-cond and some freshners.

My POE was San-Fransicso. They ask about purpose, I answered medical treatment. For how long? Three months.
Then he was just curious and was Asking what did I did in malaysia and Taiwan before I came in USA. I declared it.
I explained that in malaysia I work there, but my country of residence is Russia and in Taiwan I had just transfer flight.

he asked why I choose Phoenix? I answered that they have very good maternity package. He didn't get that I come to have my baby here ))))
In general, nothing special. No any second inspection.

By the way, it seems that they don't see that I'm pregnant )))) I forced in United Airliens and US Airways take my fit fly letter )))
I'm already 36 weeks.

Good luck for everybody!

Hello Varvara,

Congratulations!

I have followed your posts - when you came on here initially, being a Russian, and the delays in getting your visa. I am very happy for you and I wish you a safe delivery.

Great to see that this thread is going intercontinental smiley

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kaffy055: 8:02pm On Sep 12, 2014
gbemileke14: Thanks dearie. I just called them. This forum is super helpful. God bless you all. cheesy

uwc dear,av u bin sent d delivery fees,hope is d same as d fees I gave and hope is ok for u,but incase u get a cheaper one pls kip me inform grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsBee: 8:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
MrsBee: Hello House, please has anyone here travelled with Lufthansa recently?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 8:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hello house,

I am in need of some help,

the Doc that I have received a quote from, and I have decided to go with does not provide e-mail correspondence (Dr. Duc Le of Sugrland Methodist), even the hospital does not provide correspondence, even after trying to psyche/beg them on the phone...naija style no work grin

As I am sure we will all agree this is critical for POE...

Please do you have any Dr and Hospital in Houston/Sugarland area that will provide e-mail correspondence/cost breakdown, I just need something to hold for POE purposes...Also please provide e-mail address if you have it...

Thanks muchos smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Varvara: 10:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
anonymousmum:

Hello Varvara,

Congratulations!

I have followed your posts - when you came on here initially, being a Russian, and the delays in getting your visa. I am very happy for you and I wish you a safe delivery.

Great to see that this thread is going intercontinental smiley

thank you cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 10:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
oluloveme:

Good to see u back again, could nt reach you so...I finally chose dr DUC LE of Methodist sugarland,...changed my mind with WHMC.....closed account with them 1 week b4 delivery

No issues..... mother and big boy doing great.

Please what are his prices like? I'm having twins. I think I might end up in sugarland.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 10:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
anonymousmum: Hello house,

I am in need of some help,

the Doc that I have received a quote from, and I have decided to go with does not provide e-mail correspondence (Dr. Duc Le of Sugrland Methodist), even the hospital does not provide correspondence, even after trying to psyche/beg them on the phone...naija style no work grin

As I am sure we will all agree this is critical for POE...

Please do you have any Dr and Hospital in Houston/Sugarland area that will provide e-mail correspondence/cost breakdown, I just need something to hold for POE purposes...Also please provide e-mail address if you have it...

Thanks muchos smiley

I have the price quote for the hospital but I don't know how to post it here for u to see. I got it from dr. Zimmerman's correspondence. Vaginal delivery is 3100 and cs is 4800 and they say that is the discounted price o undecided You can contact rgamez@houstonmethodist.org. He is the financial counsellor.

My heart has settled for duc le but na how to find am na the problem. I will check on the hospitals website and let u know what I find.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 11:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
kykes:

I have the price quote for the hospital but I don't know how to post it here for u to see. I got it from dr. Zimmerman's correspondence. Vaginal delivery is 3100 and cs is 4800 and they say that is the discounted price o undecided You can contact rgamez@houstonmethodist.org. He is the financial counsellor.

My heart has settled for duc le but na how to find am na the problem. I will check on the hospitals website and let u know what I find.

Congratulations on your twins!

When you say the quote, do you mean for Methodist Sugarland (hospital)? or for Dr. Zimmermann (doctor)?

On the phone Methodist Sugarland told me $2536 for vaginal delivery and 4k for CS... ijaymama confirmed this figure and she is there now...

I don't mind at this stage, when I get there I will go and negotiate discount... smiley I just need the e-mail correspondence.

Thanks. I will reach out to the financial counsellor that you indicated - please confirm that this is for Methodist Sugarland...

For Dr. Le's contact, you can check Ijaymama's posts, or just go to http://sugarlandobgyn.com ... I don't want to put any phone numbers here
as I am not sure of what the rules are.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 12:04am On Sep 13, 2014
Hiya,
Kinda lost you on BBM, hope you are good. Pls readd me if you can.

dinawe:

I wish you all the best!

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.