Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,813 members, 7,872,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:16 PM

Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? (12863 Views)

Poll: Mock Presidential Poll who will you vote for?

Ribadu: 15% (148 votes)
Jonathan: 24% (234 votes)
Buhari: 60% (586 votes)
This poll has ended

Remi Sonaiya & Her Nephew Mock Buhari(pic) / Buhari Will Win Presidential Poll By A Landslide – Dele Momodu / Presidential Poll: How Jonathan Will Beat Buhari In North – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by software(m): 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2011
Fellow Nigerians wink,

I come in peace,  smiley what our  great country needs at this critical period is me smiley, A visionary Leader of my magnitude will change the situation of this country for the bette winkr,  Please give me a trial and a trial will convince you, even if it is just for 24hours grin grin shocked. Thanks! I Belong to SPP (Software Peoples Party) wink

God Bless Nigeria.
Signed.[tt][/tt]
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by jfking2005(m): 2:55pm On Mar 15, 2011
Simply BB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by malali: 2:59pm On Mar 15, 2011
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by Justcash(m): 2:59pm On Mar 15, 2011
PDP lost me by not attending the NN24 Vice-presidential debate. Buhari-Bakare is my choice. PDP needs to come out and publicly show why I should vote for them.
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by paulo882: 3:02pm On Mar 15, 2011
Dear Nairalanders,

I am not a big fan of any of the presidential candidates as I believe non of them is fit to rule our country Nigeria. However here is my unbiased analysis/opinion about the above mention 3 candidates.

1. Goodluck Jonathan :

He started off well after taking over from his boss, but he rubbished himself by declaring he wanted to run for presidency, he would have been a national hero had he stayed away from the race and ensured a peace and credible elections.May be come 2015 he can run on the basis of the track record he would have built for himself by organising a free and fair elections for Nigerians.

The above put aside, he doesn't have a good personal track record to run his campaign on when it comes leadership ( unlike some of his opponents), neither does his party (PDP), and even when he had golden opportunities to prove himself capable of running this country, his poor handling of the bomb blasts, Jos Crisis and Boko Haram thugs gave so much credit to his opponents who have been saying he is not capable. So far he has proved to be clueless and inept at leadership.

On the plus side, he is Mr. Nice Guy, very well educated and has so far managed to reach out to the youths. He is also saying the right things (though not backed up by his actions). As the day goes by I am becoming increasingly worried if he really is the Mr. Nice Guy he claims to be or is he just a hypocrist?   He preaches free,fair and credible elections, then he bribes delegates $7000 each at PDP primaries and uses  his cohorts(PDP Governors) to deny his opponents campaign venues. He preaches that when it comes to enforcing the law, there will be no sacred cows, then he goes on to release Teslim Folarin from detention and dropped the charges against him (contradictory to be honest ), the list goes on.

So far he has failed to convince me that he is the president we need.

2. Buhari :

Has a good track record with fighting corruption as seen when he was military head of state.

My worry with Buhari is that this guy is not a democrat and does not have that charisma to function in a democratic space. I think he will find it difficult getting the bills through NASS. He doesn't understand much about political maneuvering, it is either his way or nothing. So he is going to have a hard time with NASS.

My second worry is that he might not be able to reach out to the teaming youth population in Nigeria to bring them to relevance in the Nigerian society. As long as this doesnt happen, Nigerian society will still be in chaos (70% of the population are youths ! )

Having said the above, I think if he surrounds himself with the right ppl, he can fill these gaps and make a good president. He is a man of integrity and has the balls to bring anyone to account, so thats a very good start.

3. Nuhu Ribadu:

Well educated, good track record at EFCC, has the charisma to function in a democratic space and can reach Nigerian youths very easily.

My only worry is that he has the least leadership experience, not enough  to become president of such a complex nation as Nigeria. May be he should contest for Governorship or Senate first and come back in 2015 or later, he will have a better opportunity then. NO RUSH TO THE PRESIDENCY MR RIBADU, AGE IS ON YOURSIDE BUT AT THIS TIME EXPERIENCE ISN'T ON YOUR SIDE.
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by Mojibola(m): 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2011
software:

Fellow Nigerians wink,

I come in peace,  smiley what our  great country needs at this critical period is me smiley, A visionary Leader of my magnitude will change the situation of this country for the bette winkr,  Please give me a trial and a trial will convince you, even if it is just for 24hours grin grin shocked. Thanks! I Belong to SPP (Software Peoples Party) wink

God Bless Nigeria.
Signed.[tt][/tt]
who be ur candidate?, trojan virus or 'raila odinga'. grin grin grin grin
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by Ekpoma1: 3:07pm On Mar 15, 2011
Its just too sad that party things is not one man business. I would have voted 4 GEJ bt withl d likes of OBJ, IBB, Mr. Fix it ,Bode George and co. Givin GEJ my vote would guarantee they 2 continously ruining d affairs of dis nation. So sorry GEJ, it is BB all d way.
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 3:10pm On Mar 15, 2011
GEJ OR I DIE!!!!!!
BLACK BERRY CAN'T RULE NIGERIA COS IT IS AN ELECTRONIC DEVICE WHICH
MAY OBTAIN VIRUS AT ANY POINT IN TIME(MAYBE WHEN YOU NEEDED IT MOST shocked )
GOODLUCK IS A NICE NAME THOUGH
SO I GO JUST GOOD THINGS
ROFLMAO
GEJ /SAMBO
CARRY GO
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by omoharry(f): 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2011
buhari all the way.i dont see any hope coming from jonathan.
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by Jbenue: 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2011
What is up with this Buhari craze, don't Nigerians want a clean break away from the[b] twin evils of PDP and Military rule[/b] That is the problem with Nigerians they go against the norm, all over the world people are changing their government from outdated to new, old to young, just look at the US & closer home Egypt. But in Nigeria their going from old to old, why not let a relatively young man like Ribadu with his new ideology to lead us, why the same old garbage?
We have Fashola doing wonders in Lagos, he is from the same mettle as Ribadu but no, we Nigerians never cease to amaze, the amount of times we kick against reason. angry angry
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by spikytang(m): 3:15pm On Mar 15, 2011
buhari all the way!
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by malali: 3:16pm On Mar 15, 2011
NA WHO YOU GO VOTE OOOHHHH,
NA BB
NA WHO GO FIGHT CORRUPTION,
NA BB
NA WHO SHINE EYE PASS,
NA BB
NA WHO GO HELP POOR MAN,
NA BB

MY PEOPLE SING WITH ME,
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by Mojibola(m): 3:18pm On Mar 15, 2011
All of u dey shout Buhari, like say we no know sey na Jonathan go win, msheeew!
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by scopusng(m): 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2011
So far BB is winning,
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by gbengress1: 3:20pm On Mar 15, 2011
Nigerian president is more than a person that is only there on d basis of cheer luck, president with an illiterate first lady and a coward president.
Ribadu is better but Buhari is d Best,

Akala is a mess, because of an ordinary illiterate first lady(patience jonathan),he closed down a 10km road denying thousands of citizens access 2d road infringing on their right to freedom of movement
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by kasiem(m): 3:21pm On Mar 15, 2011
I'm ready to bet any bird brain(bb) who says abachas maidservant is going to win. Due u guys think that election is coup?
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by paulo882: 3:22pm On Mar 15, 2011
Jbenue:

What is up with this Buhari craze, don't Nigerians want a clean break away from the[b] twin evils of PDP and Military rule[/b] That is the problem with Nigerians they go against the norm, all over the world people are changing their government from outdated to new, old to young, just look at the US & closer home Egypt. But in Nigeria their going from old to old, why not let a relatively young man like Ribadu with his new ideology to lead us, why the same old garbage?
We have Fashola doing wonders in Lagos, he is from the same mettle as Ribadu but no, we Nigerians never cease to amaze,  the amount of times we kick against reason. angry angry

Is not just about going from the Old to New, it is about having someone with enough experience and skills to understand the dynamics and govern a complex nation such as Nigeria. Ribadu doesn't have this at the moment but could potentially make good Nigerian president some years down the line. You made reference to America. Obama has been in American politics for a while and understands all the dyanmics and has some of the critical skills required to govern a nation such as that, so he is by far better placed than Ribadu.
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by Mojibola(m): 3:25pm On Mar 15, 2011
scopusng:

So far BB is winning,
i meant in the real, NL no be INEC now?
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by scopusng(m): 3:27pm On Mar 15, 2011
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 15, 2011
[size=99pt]Buhari[/size]
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by azeezengr(m): 3:28pm On Mar 15, 2011
I register for one reason, and the reason is to vote BUHARI AS PRESIDENT and when I learnt BAKARE is his VP I promise MY ONE VOTE MUST BE FOR TWO HONEST MEN! BB and nothing else!
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by Superbrain(m): 3:29pm On Mar 15, 2011
[size=80pt]BB 4 life[/size]

No to CORRUPTION, No to RIGGING, No to PDP!!!

We have had enough, angry
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by Ekpoma1: 3:32pm On Mar 15, 2011
BB all d way still 2019. PDP enough is enough. Over the years, i have voted 4 u people bt u've show me that i wasted my votes. We need a change. BB is tsunami and earthquake that we need 2 destroy d umbrella of shame and deception.
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by Suntemi(m): 3:34pm On Mar 15, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided cry cry cry cry cry undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by asamuel: 3:35pm On Mar 15, 2011
Buhari all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by Skii(m): 3:35pm On Mar 15, 2011
Ribadu doesnt have the experience. may be head of EFCC again, or a minister would do him

GEJ in the first place was put forward even from the primaries from what i think to be his gullible and "easy to be manipulated" nature. why didnt the cabal try that with IBB or atiku?

Buhari, i think is the man,
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by eliastayo(m): 3:36pm On Mar 15, 2011
Well, after a thorough consideration, Buhari or Ribadu may not be able to do much of wht they are promising because Poverty Development Party (PDP) has the lion share of the national and state assemblies, so therefore, they may just be a toothless bulldog. But notwithstanding this challenge, my vote still go for Buhari and Bakare. At least, Buhari as experience of governance back with the youthfulness and Intelligence  of Bakare. Again I would also appreciate the presence of Ribadu and Pat Utomi in that government set up.
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by asamuel: 3:38pm On Mar 15, 2011
Wow! 61% (BB) against 23%(Uncle Joe). RIP, PDP!!!
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by Jbenue: 3:39pm On Mar 15, 2011
Can anyone tell me what is the point of tunde bakare
what does he add to the equation except for a holier than thou atittude
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by SSaemoenl(m): 3:41pm On Mar 15, 2011
Buhari For 'TOTAL CLEANING' No sentiment attached please. Future of my kids is the most priority now. Help clean Nigeria!!!
Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by malali: 3:41pm On Mar 15, 2011
[b]BB TILL JESUS COMES BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

Re: Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? by clickamin: 3:42pm On Mar 15, 2011
BB are the best boys for job!!! to them i give my thumb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. / Military Has Shown Confidence By Entering Into Sambisa Forest – Okorocha / Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Decamps To APC From PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.