Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,607 members, 7,979,042 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 07:01 PM

Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? (4325 Views)

How To Spot Immature Dudes In The Romance Section / Meet The Romance Section Nairalanders (what You Think About Others) / ~Welcome To The Romance Section (New Members Introduce Yourselves)~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by Araboy(m): 10:20pm On Mar 19, 2011
@ shy one Any way I might not be able to attend but I ' m willing to donate cash to support the venue
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by ShyOne(f): 10:22pm On Mar 19, 2011
OK - on a serious NOTE

Let's get a committee together - first things first

Not too large, not too small

mixed ages

mixed gender

A 10 person panel sounds good for something of this size -  our first gathering should be the month of December because more people will be in Lagos at that time (assumably)

Then we will put together an agenda:
city location
event duration (1 day or multiple events over a weekend)
interview talent for the talent contest
contact performers (bands, soloists, actors, etc)
additional ideas
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by 190: 10:25pm On Mar 19, 2011
Shy one

I still think having this gathering at 3 different locations in the world would be the best bet

The US could have theirs in New york

UK their's in London

And Nigeria their's in either Abuja which would be more matured or lagos
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by 190: 10:28pm On Mar 19, 2011
There might be No need for getting musicians and those things

Just a social place where people could meet, have drink's, talk and interact

You are seriously not wanting 2 hold a hugh party cos its gonna get gate crashed

Someone like Born2fuck could come into the arena with his 704 crew from the sexuality section and violation

all available ladies on board admits liquor
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by ShyOne(f): 10:35pm On Mar 19, 2011
Araboy:

@ shy one Any way I might not be able to attend but I ' m willing to donate cash to support the venue

That's very, very kind and sweet of you.  For accountability sake as donations will be what will fuel this event (donations of everybody's time and money) - prior to accepting donations, we will have to open a bank account (if it isn't done right - I don't involve myself) to track $ and expenditures

we should collect enough $ to fuel the event, reserve the space for the following year and retain a small amount to keep the account open and any monies collected that exceed the costs of the above - the balance should be given to assist the poor of the city that hosts that gathering that year. (Lagos, Abuja, etc)

Since NL is a Nigerian specific website - I feel that the event should remain in Nigeria - just be hosted in different areas of Nigeria to assist Nigerians.
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by ShyOne(f): 10:37pm On Mar 19, 2011
@ 190

I really like your thought process

hmmmmmm

let's think on that
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by Tosinville(m): 10:39pm On Mar 19, 2011
@Babe!
Its alright if you guys wants the party to hold in lagos but i'll let you know some members who left nigeria by opportunity are not ready to show up in lag due to their comments here lol

@Reality101
Bruh, there's nothin bad organizing & doing the party in lagos but it aint gonna work since many members only on romance section claimed to live in abroad thats d reason why i suggest the states.
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by 190: 10:40pm On Mar 19, 2011
Well if an account has to be opened

Then Please it should be opened in my name and i alone made to stand as the signatory

your money (ies ) would be in safe hands ( winks )
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by ShyOne(f): 10:43pm On Mar 19, 2011
190:

Well if an account has to be opened

Then Please it should be opened in my name and i alone made to stand as the signatory

your money (ies ) would be in safe hands ( winks )

Again thanks for the thought process

but something of this magnitude isn't a "one person" realm

Committee prevents funny business

The people of Lagos deserve accountability - honesty and ethical review

Don't forget the basic reality: God watches us at ALL TIMES
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by Orton10(m): 10:45pm On Mar 19, 2011
Shy-One:

absolutely NOT!  topless?  you know you could have come up with a better idea than that!

what a party pooper - I am not accepting NO as your answer - you and your itchy coins should be there or be square
Lol.
dear seriously, Lets be realistic here,
After the rag costumes and 'get together' then what next??
My interest has to be Secured.lol. . .Make it exceptional and worthwhile - Nothing like the normal ev'day party.
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by ShyOne(f): 10:46pm On Mar 19, 2011
Committee Members

Please Step Forward

Let's Get 10 Good People

Different Age Groups

Different Genders

1. Shy-One
2.  A Moderator - NL (Should Definitely Involved That Will Speak on Behalf of Seun As This is Done in Name of NL)
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by 190: 10:47pm On Mar 19, 2011
Shy-One:

Again thanks for the thought process

but something of this magnitude isn't a "one person" realm

Committee prevents funny business

The people of Lagos deserve accountability - honesty and ethical review

Don't forget the basic reality: God watches us at ALL TIMES

But GOD ALSO KNOWS that the MONEY would be SAFE in 190's account!!

I take cash, debit and credit card's do you need my sort code,
I bank with barclay's bank
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by ShyOne(f): 10:50pm On Mar 19, 2011
Orton1_0:

Lol.
dear seriously, Lets be realistic here,
After the rag costumes and 'get together' then what next??
My interest has to be Secured.lol. . .Make it exceptional and worthwhile - Nothing like the normal ev'day party.

TRUST

this is NOT EVERYDAY

this will be special

I have been giving gathering/parties for years - fantastic, simple, detailed, over-the-top, basic, etc.

you will have a great time!  when i am done with you - you won't even think about bare bosoms you will be laughing sooo hard and having a great time
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by Tosinville(m): 10:51pm On Mar 19, 2011
Hmmm! if king Tosinville's name is not in that number 3, then it can't work in lagos cos i'll definately send some thugs to wreck dhat party and kidnap all the ladies. Don't disrespect me.
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by ShyOne(f): 10:52pm On Mar 19, 2011
1. Shy-One
2. A Moderator - NL (Should Definitely Involved That Will Speak on Behalf of Seun As This is Done in Name of NL)
3. Tosinville
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by ShyOne(f): 10:55pm On Mar 19, 2011
190:

But GOD ALSO KNOWS that the MONEY would be SAFE in 190's account!!

I take cash, debit and credit card's do you need my sort code,
I bank with barclay's bank

IT will not be 190's account

Seriously don't smudge the idea with bad humor - people won't want to donate if there is even a hint of deception involved

but let's discuss the event itself because the event(s) will be much bigger than we are
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by Tosinville(m): 10:57pm On Mar 19, 2011
Shy-one
It is done, just rely on me.
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by desholah(m): 11:00pm On Mar 19, 2011
Shy-one
Pls quit requesting/demanding/suggesting for a Goat's egg . . .you can't get it grin
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by ShyOne(f): 11:18pm On Mar 19, 2011
Tosin

That's great! Also, as soon as we have established the committee we will open a thread in the general section of NL for minutes and bimonthly meetings

the closer we get to the date - the meetings will be weekly

are you sure you have the time?
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by ShyOne(f): 11:19pm On Mar 19, 2011
@ D

I have never seen a Goat - do they lay eggs? you are kidding right?
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by 190: 11:28pm On Mar 19, 2011
Shy one,

So you want people to travel from all over the world just to be for a one day event in lagos

Nahh think twice, it aint gonna work that way

We need 3 different locations which i have earlier suggested grin
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by desholah(m): 11:35pm On Mar 19, 2011
Shy-One:

@ D

I have never seen a Goat - do they lay eggs? you are kidding right?
Ok . . I see the Japanese Tsunami don reach una side grin
I meant you can't have what doesn't exist undecided . . . . . . .Pple can't do what seems simple to you
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by ShyOne(f): 11:49pm On Mar 19, 2011
190:

Shy one,

So you want people to travel from all over the world just to be for a one day event in lagos

Nahh think twice, it aint gonna work that way

We need 3 different locations which i have earlier suggested grin

noooooooooo

it could be over one weekend and they can visit family during the holidays - it would be something they can attend while in Lagos that is why it would be planned for when most people go home for the holidays
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by ShyOne(f): 11:49pm On Mar 19, 2011
desholah:

Ok . . I see the Japanese Tsunami don reach una side grin
I meant you can't have what doesn't exist undecided . . . . . . .Pple can't do what seems simple to you

this isn' t rocket science - what is hard about it?
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by Orton10(m): 12:06am On Mar 20, 2011
Seriously Shy dear,
don't tell me vat you're dead serious about this?
Take a look at those interested on here,
The ratio of male to females interested is still about 4:1
undecided
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by 190: 12:07am On Mar 20, 2011
^ Not everyone is travelling,

I myself aint travelling, and i can say that for another 3 Nairalander's i know personally

Thats why it has 2 be done on 3 locations and then all pictures brought together on this site
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by ShyOne(f): 12:10am On Mar 20, 2011
190:

^ Not everyone is travelling,

I myself aint travelling, and i can say that for another 3 Nairalander's i know personally

Thats why it has 2 be done on 3 locations and then all pictures brought together on this site

You and 3 people ARE NOT NL

NL is made up of thousands of readers

Sorry - Nigeria it IS
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by ShyOne(f): 12:11am On Mar 20, 2011
Orton1_0:

Seriously Shy dear,
don't tell me vat you're dead serious about this?
Take a look at those interested on here,
The ratio of male to females interested is still about 4:1
undecided

I am completely serious

Let's wait to see who is serious - I only posted the thread yesterday

Give it some time to marinate
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by Orton10(m): 12:14am On Mar 20, 2011
^@190
Thats not even the problem.
Imagine going there only to find out that the are more guys than gurls men!
God forbid say If the gurl way I dey time no show, guy I go just faint!
Na guy nyansh I go dey rock?!!  grin grin
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by desholah(m): 12:25am On Mar 20, 2011
^^^ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You can manage they guys then . . .who knows the guys might be better than our ladies ''Nigerian ladies'' . . .Ask REALITY101 grin

Shy-One:

I am completely serious

Let's wait to see who is serious - I only posted the thread yesterday

Give it some time to marinate
I earned your thread another 24 hrs and it will be tossed in the bin cheesy
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by Orton10(m): 12:27am On Mar 20, 2011
^
grin grin
LMFAO!
Reality don suffer! . . . undecided
Re: Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section? by Nobody: 12:29am On Mar 20, 2011
If this goes through I hope you all have fun smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Why Women Cry On Their Wedding Day / My Boss Insists I Should Lodge With HER On A Business Trip / This Should Be Romanceland's Video Of The Year --- Do You Agree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.