Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,812 members, 7,902,591 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 12:51 PM

Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? (7998 Views)

The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. / Why We're Nicer To Strangers Than The People We Love Most / Why Nigerian Ladies Are Nicer To White Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Dyt(f): 9:43am On Mar 20, 2011
singin
pretty gal rocks by keri hilson
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 20, 2011
sometimes, not always @ topic.

if someone is ugly but with a great personality, they can get more goodies than a pretty person either nice or nasty.
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by orbaxy(m): 10:31am On Mar 20, 2011
Even ghadaffi is nice to pretty ukrainian women.
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by denzel2009: 10:41am On Mar 20, 2011
Good looking people get all the niceties until they show their nasty attitudes.
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 20, 2011
yeah, i think so too cos people are always nice to me cool cool

1 Like

Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by 190: 12:04pm On Mar 20, 2011
bhusayor:

yeah, i think so too cos people are always nice to me cool cool
shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Rocktation(f): 12:23pm On Mar 20, 2011
@POSTER- Kind of. I've noticed too.
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 20, 2011
190:

shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by 190: 12:38pm On Mar 20, 2011
atleast i understand why they are calm to you
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Araboy(m): 12:46pm On Mar 20, 2011
I don't agree that men who are not handsome tend to be nicer to less attractive ladies I was told I m Handsome but I always being nicer to every lady
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Pweety4me(f): 12:51pm On Mar 20, 2011
^Pwuleeese! smiley
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Araboy(m): 12:58pm On Mar 20, 2011
انت قحبه stop following me I ' m not Twitter Bon de Dieu Pour moi no point of stalking what u can't 've angry
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Pweety4me(f): 1:32pm On Mar 20, 2011
who dey give that1 hope? cheesy
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by MrCork17: 2:12pm On Mar 20, 2011
Mr Cork <<<<<<< Sweeet punnny loving guy!! wink
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 20, 2011
For sure beautiful people do get attention.

I mean put Hrithik and Steve Buscemi together in the same room. All the attention will obviously be on Hrithik Roshan.
I would probably give Steve one glance and stare at Hrithik Roshan the whole time like a dumb child.

But If I was to stay with Hrithik and Steve in that room for three months, I would probably get sick of looking at Hrithik.
If he is not nice, intelligent, considerate, and funny, I would definitely not want to talk to him.

I would rather have fun with Steve then talk with a cocky dumb silly and mean good looking guy.

My point, good looking people do get the attention at first but if you have nothing else to offer, for sure people will get bore of you.

Good look with no personality is nothing.

P.S Hrithik is not like that sha. (God forbid sef)I was just trying to make a point. grin
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by adaphik(f): 5:18pm On Mar 20, 2011
@ OP; I believe so
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by tjskii(f): 6:11pm On Mar 20, 2011
@ op,oh most def, throw in a lil foreign accent,a nice smile and voila, uve got everyone eating outta the palm of ur hands wink wink cheesy
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by nanidee(f): 6:42pm On Mar 20, 2011
Personally, i feel girls with inferiority complex are not nice to good looking people, especially fellow girls who are better looking. The reverse is the case for guys. I mean guys are most of the time nice to good looking girls.

The same thing could go for guys if turned the other way round.

I am definitely certain of this.
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by obowunmi(m): 6:54pm On Mar 21, 2011
Pweety4me:

^Bwaha!

Whats funny undecided
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Atreides(f): 7:10pm On Mar 21, 2011
Wow. . I've never actually thought about it,but yes,i am nicer to good-looking people,and they're nicer to me.
Guys let me cut into a line(like a queue),they help me carry stuff,they initiate convos,and they're nice to me too.
When a toaster is ugly i treat him normally,but when he's a cutie,i find myself smiling at something he says(even when it's not that funny).
Toasters aside,i'm more pleasant,more genial,more open to conversation and just generally nicer to good-looking people.
Does that make me shallow?

1 Like

Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Atreides(f): 7:15pm On Mar 21, 2011
rokiatu:

For sure beautiful people do get attention.
But If I was to stay with Hrithik and Steve in that room for three months, I would probably get sick of looking at Hrithik.
If he is not nice, intelligent, considerate, and funny, I would definitely not want to talk to him.
Aha! I knew it! I knew you were not worthy of Hrithik's love!
P.s-Who's Steve's whatshisname?
Next time contrast Hrithik Roshan with Emeka Ike. . grin
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 22, 2011
Atreides:

Aha! I knew it! I knew you were not worthy of Hrithik's love!
P.s-Who's Steve's whatshisname?
Give me a break woman let me be able to make a point for once without you attacking me abt this Hrithik thing angry angry angry

Atreides:

Next time contrast Hrithik Roshan with Emeka Ike. . grin
PMSL!!! Gawd thats funny grin grin grin
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by 190: 12:45am On Mar 22, 2011
whats all this har-krisina talks from rotiaku all the time

that guy doesnt even know if y'all exist
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by waterworks(f): 6:07am On Mar 22, 2011
yes people are. pretty people get away with a lot!! including me of course!
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by MrsChima(f): 6:10am On Mar 22, 2011
(rolling eyes at Rokiatu and Altreides)
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Atreides(f): 6:26am On Mar 22, 2011
@Roky,as long as you keep mentioning yourself and Hrithik in the same sentence,i will keep attacking you.
P.s-Gawd i hate Emeka Ike. . He's so ugly with that his camel nose. . grin
@190,angry angry What do you mean he doesn't know i exist? How can the love of my life be unaware of my existence?
Be kiaful oh! angry
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Atreides(f): 6:28am On Mar 22, 2011
@Mrs. C, grin grin
I already have Hrithik-Roky is just struggling with the wind.
Don't roll your eyes at a guy who could become your future inlaw!
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by MrsChima(f): 6:30am On Mar 22, 2011
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by akunta(f): 8:15am On Mar 22, 2011
@ poster
unfortunately yes! pple tend to be nicer to good looking people
including muah! but that like a default thg we should try and conquer.
like a few earlier replies, the not-so-goodlooking turn out to be the nicer ones. wink
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by eyoniggar(m): 8:18am On Mar 22, 2011
Wow very interesting thread!!!

With utmost sincerity, good looking people are always being treated nicely compared
to the opposite. Besides that, they seem to be favored more than the opposite as well.

An example if my ex GF. Shes drop dead gorgeous. I figure out that most places she goes,
she gets attention I have never seen in other girls, besides she is favored beyond imagination
that she gets free stuffs attimes instead of paying.

On a general note, good looks is also an advantage in business deals, it will escalate the  chances of
you being successful. Its just life, and thats the way it will always be.
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 22, 2011
Unfortunately that is so true (in many, not all cases). But I find that it is more so if the good looking person is somewhat personable and 'charming' - armed with a self-deprecating down to earth charisma. Several times I've noticed how a decent smile on a fine face (whether male or female) can help one get away with a multitude of sins. For real.

But on the other hand, an arrogant demeanour, or self-satisfied countenance on a fine face can often be counter- productive as it could stir insecurities and angst in other people and thus earn you a double dose of ill-treatment.
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by eghost247(m): 9:11am On Mar 22, 2011
pro01:

Unfortunately that is so true (in many, not all cases). But I find that it is more so if the good looking person is somewhat personable and 'charming' - armed with a self-deprecating down to earth charisma. Several times I've noticed how a decent smile on a fine face (whether male or female) can help one get away with a multitude of sins. For real.

But on the other hand, an arrogant demeanour, or self-satisfied countenance on a fine face can often be counter- productive as it could stir insecurities and angst in other people and thus earn you a double dose of ill-treatment.
Seconded

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Drink Saliva From Your Partner's Mouth?? / Cossy Orjiakor Or Romangoddess; Who Wins The War Of Bosoms? (pictures) / Not Upto 2 Weeks Of Telling Her I Lost My Job, See The Food She Gave Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.