Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,795 members, 7,875,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 06:11 AM

What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 - TV/Movies (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 (129510 Views)

Poll: What is Your Taste of Movie?

Horror: 8% (64 votes)
Fiction: 7% (53 votes)
Action: 19% (143 votes)
Comedy: 17% (130 votes)
Tragedy: 2% (19 votes)
Adventure: 15% (111 votes)
Mission: 5% (38 votes)
Bad Movies: 2% (16 votes)
Zombie: 0% (5 votes)
Vampire: 3% (29 votes)
Evil: 1% (9 votes)
Romance: 15% (117 votes)
This poll has ended

That Movie You Can't Get Tired Of Watching / If You Watched This Series, You Are Too Older Than You Think / What Was The Last Movie You Watched? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by ceasyc(f): 12:45am On Sep 29, 2011
Horrible Bosses a 2011 comedy film

It stars Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, Jason Sudeikis, Jennifer Aniston, Colin Farrell, Kevin Spacey and Jamie Foxx.

na real horrible bosses + stup.id/dumb employees + kinda funny too = good
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by amblors(m): 6:45am On Sep 29, 2011
Mystic River -- 9/10

excellent acting, but that movie is cold, damn
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by semid4lyfe(m): 8:05am On Sep 29, 2011
amblors:
Mystic River -- 9/10

excellent acting, but that movie is cold, damn

E be like sey you go dey generous gan cos I dey fear the way you dey dash all these films 9 & 10 ratings. grin

It was a 7. . . for me
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by v3: 11:26am On Sep 29, 2011
@Semid
I just noticed. . .smh angry sad
I'll look for a site to transload.

@MBJ
Thanks hombre
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by amblors(m): 4:49pm On Sep 29, 2011
semid4lyfe:

E be like sey you go dey generous gan cos I dey fear the way you dey dash all these films 9 & 10 ratings. grin

It was a 7. . . for me

lol
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by aieromon(m): 6:34pm On Sep 29, 2011
Transformers(2009)
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by semid4lyfe(m): 7:14pm On Sep 29, 2011
Facing the Giants [2006]. . .5/10

aieromon:
Transformers(2009)

Funny cos I'm watching Transformers Dark of the Moon [2011] right now smiley
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 8:09am On Sep 30, 2011
Transformers: Dark of the Moon just had good visual effects. The film itself was just average.

@topic
GREEN LANTERN (2011)
No comment. tongue

aieromon:

Transformers(2009)

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Vieira(m): 4:58pm On Sep 30, 2011
Warrior - loved it, think of Rocky for the UFC fans.

Very well acted and also some brutal scenes.

7.5/10
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by ceasyc(f): 1:38am On Oct 01, 2011
Contagion a 2011 American thriller
staring Marion Cotillard, Matt Damon, Laurence Fishburne, Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Winslet, and Bryan Cranston

= was just ok.

[b]Inception [/b]a 2010 science fiction action heist film

starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Ken Watanabe, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Ellen Page, Tom Hardy, Cillian Murphy, Dileep Rao, Tom Berenger, and Michael Caine

= a lil confusing or hard to grasp @1st but had 2 start all over and it was just wicked. brilliant. una try wella
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 6:35am On Oct 01, 2011
HORRIBLE BOSSES (2011)
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:46am On Oct 01, 2011
[size=13pt]This movie was absolutely horrible. I seen the advertisements and thought "Hey, it's a football movie grin grin. I like football. The religious aspect can't be that bad." Holy crap, was I ever wrong. This is just another brainwashing movie about how if you devote yourself to god, you'll never fear anything and you'll live a happy life lipsrsealed .

I don't even understand how they pass this for believable in this day and age. From all of the indications in this film, it's just a normal public high school. But they're allowing the faculty to preach Christianity angry angry . Haven't these writers ever heard of the separation of church and state. , huh Ugh, I loathe the ignorance of bible thumpers grin grin.
[/size]

semid4lyfe:

Facing the Giants [2006]. . .5/10

Funny cos I'm watching Transformers Dark of the Moon [2011] right now smiley
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Brite02(m): 11:40am On Oct 01, 2011
Just finished watchin final destination 5, its horrible. .
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 2:14pm On Oct 01, 2011
@Ogaga4Luv of Nairaland
'Facing the Giants' was ok but 'Fireproof' was better.

Brite02:

Just finished watchin final destination 5, its horrible. .

@Brite02
grin
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by semid4lyfe(m): 2:22pm On Oct 01, 2011
@ topic,
Finally finished Tansformers- Dark of the Moon [2011]

Na only small pikin go dey wowed by the film. . .4.5

ogaga4luv:
This movie was absolutely horrible. I seen the advertisements and thought "Hey, it's a football movie Grin Grin. I like football. The religious aspect can't be that bad." Holy crap, was I ever wrong. This is just another brainwashing movie about how if you devote yourself to god, you'll never fear anything and you'll live a happy life .

I don't even understand how they pass this for believable in this day and age. From all of the indications in this film, it's just a normal public high school. But they're allowing the faculty to preach Christianity angry angry . Haven't these writers ever heard of the separation of church and state. ,  Huh  Ugh, I loathe the ignorance of bible thumpers

It was made by Sherwood Pictures, the Film production company of Sherwood Baptist Church, USA so wetin you expect? It gats propagate the message of their faith nah tongue grin

Anyway, I'm not surprised this is coming from you but still I kinda agree with you about the film not being too good. Let me tell you why. . .

^^ The Script wasn't a good one to begin with. I mean, who writes a script like that in this time & age undecided

^^ The casts of the film (the coach, 2 assistant coaches, wife of the coach, ''wheel-chair'' man & his son etc) all performed below par. Their acting looked forced & unconvincing & they delivered their lines as if they were reading from slips of paper or had a case of bad cramming. Most times, they didn't sufficiently convey the emotions of their words on the faces too.

^^ Another minus for me was the forceful nature in which the movie attempted to propagate it's message. . .as in, it was too ''fire'' & 'brimstone'' in it's approach. 10 minutes hardly went by in the film without ''God'', ''Jesus'', a christian principle etc being mentioned  in one context or another undecided. At a point, I felt like I was watching a Mount Zion Production (Tunde Bamgboye) Nollywood movie. . . the only difference were the white actors lol grin

I mean, why Pastor go dey talk with mic and still dey shout on top hin voice? undecided Na so me take see the film. See films like A Walk To Remember & Fireproof for what I mean about subtlety in conveying a christian message and Facing the Giants could have conveyed it's message more subtly.

^^ Lastly, the film was too ''cliche'', predictable and a little unrealistic. see o. . .

- He & his wife have been trying to conceive for years but he has a medical problem and can't impregnate his wife. His wife is feeling unwell, she goes to the hospital for a checkup and she's does a pregnancy test and she's given the result which shows she NOT pregnant. As she enters her car and is about driving away, an attendant appears and tells the Doc there was a mix-up and the result she was given was the wrong one. Doc dashes out to the car park and tells the lady she's pregnant. Yaay. . .God works in mysterious ways grin

- The guy coaches a high school football team made up largely of mediocre players, and their best player leaves them to join another school. The coach adopts a new philosophy of praying before and after every match (If na so, Super Eagle no suppose dey lose any match cos the team prays 4 times during games grin) and all of a sudden things start going right for his team, they start winning games and eventually make it to the regional finals. In the regional finals, they lose narrowly but guess what. . .every disappointment na ________ __ ________ so the other school gets disqualified for fielding ineligible players shocked and they go on to the state finals where they defeat a far superior side in a game in which the winning point was scored by the most unlikely player grin

- He drives a rickety car which hardly starts & gives him lots of problems and just cos he reconciles one of his players with his father, the father presents him with a brand new pick up truck. etc etc etc.

That 5 wey I rate am, I just dash am cos na me own grin
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2011
@semid4lyfe
Transformers 3 just had good visual effects. But overall, the movie wasn't fantastic.

Its the same film company that made FIREPROOF also produced FACING THE GIANTS. All I can say is they both had different themes but a central message of putting God first in everything we do. FIREPROOF had a better story anyway.

A WALK TO REMEMBER is not a Christian film. The film is based on the Nicholas Sparks romance novel of the same name.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by semid4lyfe(m): 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2011
I know Facing the Giants was made by the same company that made Fireproof. It was after I watched Fireproof and I liked it so much that I read up on the film and downloaded Facing the Giants thinking it'd be as good since it's by the same company.

^ And where in my post did I say A Walk To Remember is a christian film? Saying a movie conveys a "subtle" christian message is not the same as it being a Christian movie. . .
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 5:45pm On Oct 01, 2011
@semid4lyfe
Just say you realised that A WALK TO REMEMBER is not a Christian film.
AH! Nigerians!
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 6:49pm On Oct 01, 2011
@semid4lyfe
Alex Kendrick has a new film called COURAGEOUS. I'll check it out soon.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by aieromon(m): 6:55pm On Oct 01, 2011
Die Hard 2
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by semid4lyfe(m): 7:41pm On Oct 01, 2011

@semid4lyfe
AH! Nigerians!

You still haven't gotten over your reading & comprehension problems.

And quit commenting on my posts when it's not directed at you tongue
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 8:06pm On Oct 01, 2011
semid4lyfe:

You still haven't gotten over your reading & comprehension problems.

And quit commenting on my posts when it's not directed at you tongue

@semid4lyfe
Ha ha ha ha! I just wanted to know how you'd react to my comment and you didn't disappoint.

Anyway, sorry for pulling your legs. I understood everything you said early.

GUY, take it easy o! Before u get heart attack. grin
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by semid4lyfe(m): 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2011
Mo sorry fun e gan. . .keep denying you lack basic comprehension skills, so gbo? and continue reading about movies from IMDB, Wikipedia, rotten tomatoes, metacritic etc and forming movie guru. . .one day you go take am collect money for bank grin

Shioor! tongue
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 10:52pm On Oct 01, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Mo sorry fun e gan. . .keep denying you lack basic comprehension skills, so gbo? and continue reading about movies from IMDB, Wikipedia, rotten tomatoes, metacritic etc and forming movie guru. . .one day you go take am collect money for bank grin

Shioor! tongue

@semid4lyfe
Thanks for telling me what you do to form fake movie guru. grin Don't worry you'll make money from it.

You're a real troublemaker. You haven't changed.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by semid4lyfe(m): 12:31am On Oct 02, 2011
Hehehehe. .e don be for you o shocked So plagiarism is now your new low. . .copying my post almost word for word and directing it back at me grin

Lest I forget, quit typing S-E-M-I-D-4-L-Y-F-E or do you get an o.r.g.a.s.m from doing so? undecided

M-U-M-U with  a "na me sabi pass" attitude tongue
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by semid4lyfe(m): 12:32am On Oct 02, 2011
??
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 12:52am On Oct 02, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Shioor! tongue

@semid4lyfe
According that post, you stylishly told me the sites you visit to claim fake movie guru.

Guy, I know you're a jobless troublemaker. Get over it.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by aieromon(m): 10:28am On Oct 02, 2011
Here we go again. . . .
Is a girl involved in this?
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 10:54am On Oct 02, 2011
obinna5000:

@semid4lyfe
AH! Nigerians!

@aieromon
I made that statement just to know how Semid4lyfe would react and guess what, he didn't disappoint.
He's still bearing unnecessary and useless grudges over the last quarrel we had in The Movie Club topic.
So, that's why he's talking trash about who is movie guru and who is not. grin
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by semid4lyfe(m): 12:54pm On Oct 02, 2011
Hmm. . .be like sey my name & posts be like wetin sugar be to ants for some people grin

Anyhow sha, just for peace to reign and make I nor receive query, I concede this spat and leave the floor for you to do as you like. . .I know you're dying to have the last word so go ahead wink

Back to topic: Enemy At The Gates [2001]

9/10 kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (97) (Reply)

Bbtitans: Ipeleng And Lukay Have Sex In The House (video) / Daniel K Daniel Reacts To Sex Scenes In Movies / Fztvseries Is Back!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.