Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,732 members, 7,941,769 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 01:01 PM

Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate (8294 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan At US Presidential Precinct - Photos / Goodluck Jonathan At US Presidential Precinct (Photos) / Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by efisher(m): 9:33pm On Mar 25, 2011
I like the idea of bringing the youth into the policy making process.
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Kilode1: 9:33pm On Mar 25, 2011
I don't buy all these Young people and Youth talk. Just encourage efficiency and merit period!

You fail, we remove you!

You abuse your office, we try you and jail you! Eff Age!
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by naijangel7(f): 9:34pm On Mar 25, 2011
Next topic:

The economy and the value of the Naira.
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by naso2(m): 9:35pm On Mar 25, 2011
fluorish:

Dele Momodu is making points, we need recognized our area of excellence and people should face it. GEJ is buying off so many people's mind, some naive people are deceived into him, especially those who do not recognize that gifts blinds the eyes. If we are going to ever be free from this PDP and corruption, we must vote out corruption we must have enough votes to vote them out, BuhaBakare has a lot of supporters and they are anti corruption people, against corruption which of course is the root of our problem, let us say NO, No to corruption, Vote BB 2011, NIGERIA WILL FLOURISH AGAIN, RIGHTEOUSNESS EXALTS A NATION. Let us ruminate on this. Every resourceful person will be brought in, we will ALL be patriotic, Nigeria is rich enough!

Forget story, except the PDP 12  years talk, i have not seen anyone today that would have floored GEJ. grin grin
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by naijangel7(f): 9:35pm On Mar 25, 2011
efisher:

I like the idea of bringing the youth into the policy making process.

But only Shekarau's answer made a little sense.
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by efisher(m): 9:36pm On Mar 25, 2011
Dele Momodu is trying to sound pragmatic but he keeps going off point!
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by kcjazz(m): 9:36pm On Mar 25, 2011
Sadly this men do not inspire,
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by tlops(m): 9:38pm On Mar 25, 2011
na_so:

Forget story, except the PDP 12  years talk, i have not seen anyone today that would have floored GEJ. grin grin

even GEJ in his right senses will not vomit such lie you put up there.
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by SkyBlue1: 9:38pm On Mar 25, 2011
Gbawe:

I think Ribadu was talking short term . Ribadu stated that we have installed capacity of 7000 MW yet generate half of that . Why not bring the other half on board as a short term measure that negates the need for tarriffs to increase ? Production can be increased optimally in the short term by working more efficiently that was why he spoke about turbines , already paid for and thus not affecting tarriffs, which are rotting at our ports . We can get these and other redundant IPP's , already paid for , adding to current capacity with more efforts. Even with privatisation we will have a regulatory body that will investigate fairness of tarriffs . Tarriffs can be scaled up in the future when constant electricity has begun to lead to greater employment, income and productivity. Ribadu is saying that tarriffs cannot go up for now and I agree because poverty is endemic and current installed capacity is not being used optimally.

And poverty won't be as endemic when we start asking for private investors? I thought the whole idea of privatisation was we do it now, which Ribadu seems to suggest also, so how does that reconcile with what you have just said? I would rather you don't add jara to what Ribadu said though. He is on the podium, was asked the question, spoke beyond time, and did not make it very clear all the extras you are adding now.
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Gbawe: 9:38pm On Mar 25, 2011
tlops:

Sheks: create association of jobless youth
Ribadu: The youth are un-serious so give them not-so- serious post.

When he mentioned entertainment did he not also say that a young person can be appointed to the board of power? for Nigeria , how many things are more serious than power supply ?
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by naijangel7(f): 9:39pm On Mar 25, 2011
Chimamanda keeps trying to guide them to give specific plans of action and they seem clueless. na wa o.

Dele Momodu - creating jobs will  increase the value of the naira and improve the economy.

Shekarau - we will empower youths. Discourage importation of things we don't really need. may place ban on importation of some things.
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by naso2(m): 9:39pm On Mar 25, 2011
kcjazz:

Sadly this men do not inspire,

God bless you.

Reading just simon kolawole ( and may be Ijeoma) for 2 months would make one come out much more informed than all these nonsense wey we dey hear.
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by kcjazz(m): 9:40pm On Mar 25, 2011
Aisha please tell the time keeper/bell ringer to stop ringing the bell like a native doctor grin Just 2 strokes will do
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by SkyBlue1: 9:40pm On Mar 25, 2011
yikes. I have lost signal.
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by naijangel7(f): 9:41pm On Mar 25, 2011
Sky Blue:

yikes. I have lost signal.

me too
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by EzeUche2(m): 9:42pm On Mar 25, 2011
no!!!
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by tlops(m): 9:43pm On Mar 25, 2011
kcjazz:

Aisha please tell the time keeper/bell ringer to stop ringing the bell like a native doctor grin Just 2 strokes will do
lol
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by efisher(m): 9:43pm On Mar 25, 2011
try here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ribadu-adeola-2011

This has been very stable. No cuts since I started watching. the video is not too clear but audio is 100%
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Gbawe: 9:43pm On Mar 25, 2011
na_so:

God bless you.

Reading just simon kolawole ( and may be Ijeoma) for 2 months would make one come out much more informed than all these nonsense wey we dey hear.

Certainly , they are not specific enough . They are all dissapointing if truth be told . The point you made about the SME is vital and it is dissapointing , so far , all the candidates did not talk about virtually the most transformational sector that can spark employment and economic growth.
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by SkyBlue1: 9:45pm On Mar 25, 2011
efisher:

try here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ribadu-adeola-2011

This has been very stable. No cuts since I started watching. the video is not too clear but audio is 100%

thanks. video is rubbish but at least I can hear.
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by tlops(m): 9:46pm On Mar 25, 2011
youtube channel just went off!
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by cold(m): 9:46pm On Mar 25, 2011
That youtube channell keeps coming up with the 'an error occurred' signal.Or is it just me  
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by efisher(m): 9:47pm On Mar 25, 2011
@ Sky Blue, you are welcome.

I don't think Shekerau got that trick question right. How is Exemplary Leadership an issue to handle?
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by naijangel7(f): 9:48pm On Mar 25, 2011
cold:

That youtube channell keeps coming up with the 'an error occurred' signal.Or is it just me  

same here. Try this:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ribadu-adeola-2011
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by SkyBlue1: 9:49pm On Mar 25, 2011
Ribadu going off point again,. . . .
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by opalu: 9:50pm On Mar 25, 2011
[size=50pt] SEUN,AISHA2,JARUS. Please remove this indescent Naira Party advert that is embarrassing and harrassing us. The least thing we want to see on Nairaland is nyash. How much can the advertiser pay to rubbish and erode your hard-earned ethics and principles? NL is built on high level of integrity.[/size]
even if it is seun that owns it (naira- is his brand)
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by cold(m): 9:51pm On Mar 25, 2011
naijangel7:

same here. Try this:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ribadu-adeola-2011
yeah thanx dear,i'm there already
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by efisher(m): 9:51pm On Mar 25, 2011
Ribadu was smart with that trick question but he ended poorly.

He said if pinned down on one issue, it will be unemployment. And, he will solve it by solving the power problem, enhance private sector etc. He was trying to use one stone to kill many birds.  grin
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by naijangel7(f): 9:53pm On Mar 25, 2011
Ribadu eventually made a little sense about creating security and a business-friendly climate for foreign investors to boost economy. That's after Chimamanda actually said his answers were too vague.
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by tlops(m): 9:53pm On Mar 25, 2011
opalu:

[size=20pt] SEUN,AISHA2,JARUS. PLEASEEEE REMOVE THIS unclothed ADVERT EMBARRASING US. IF WE NEED A indecency SITE, WE WON'T VISIT NAIRALAND BECAUSE NL IS GUIDED BY ETHICAL PRINCIPLES. HOW MUCH DID THE ADVERTISER PAY THAT CAN RUBBISH YOUR HARD-EARNED INTERGRITY?[/size]

I was wondering the same,
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by SkyBlue1: 9:53pm On Mar 25, 2011
I really just feel sorry for Nigeria. I can't believe these (including absent Jonathan and Buhari) are our options. Dele even seems the strongest candidate in the debate.
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by naijangel7(f): 9:55pm On Mar 25, 2011
opalu:

SEUN,AISHA2,JARUS. PLEASEEEE REMOVE THIS unclothed ADVERT EMBARRASING US. IF WE NEED A indecency SITE, WE WON'T VISIT NAIRALAND BECAUSE NL IS GUIDED BY ETHICAL PRINCIPLES. HOW MUCH DID THE ADVERTISER PAY THAT CAN RUBBISH YOUR HARD-EARNED INTERGRITY?

I wonder o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari's Poorly Spoken English With Heavily Accented Fulani Is A Disgrace / Physically Challenged Appeal For Inclusion In Buhari's Cabinet / COVID-19: No Nigerian Is Hungry, We Have Disbursed 100 Billion To Poor Nigerians

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.