Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,732 members, 7,941,769 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 01:01 PM

Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate (8294 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan At US Presidential Precinct - Photos / Goodluck Jonathan At US Presidential Precinct (Photos) / Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by naijangel7(f): 11:06pm On Mar 25, 2011
Latest debate poll:

Dele MOMODU 5% (3)
Nuhu RIBADU 44% (27)
Ibrahim SHEKARAU 52% (32)

Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Pharoh: 11:08pm On Mar 25, 2011
Let us vote wisely ooo.
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Gbawe: 11:10pm On Mar 25, 2011
opalu:

But let Buhari clear up the mess for them. Just like Tinubu fought Obj to a stand still for him to perform in Lagos.
Every King Solomon needs a King David to clear the philistines

Indeed . Most of us , especially those in the diaspora , even if well-intentioned, do not understand what Nigeria has become . The PDP , with cronyism  and "business as usual" , has turned Nigeria into a place where the likes of Theodore Orji, Alao Akala, Aondoakaa and co are the front runners for important office rather than Femi Falana, Col. Umar , et al . Jonathan is simply continuing that odious trend. The Senate is now full of mediocre semi-illiterates who overlook the poorness of their fellow thieves in ratifying them for important office "bow and go" style . What we need is a President who will reverse that trend . If we don't gain that then Nigeria is finished . Most of us are extremely eloquent and quick on our feet and that is why , understandably , we seek similar in our leaders but we must make ourselves good students of history to note that some nations got it right by gaining the leaders who had the pertinent atributes required for specific periods that held peculiar challenges .
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by AlabaSlim: 11:46pm On Mar 25, 2011
I dn c y debates 4 naija mean nutin cos even as we no say Pat Utomi beta pas all of dem 4 debates & odawise hin no go even win votes among hin own household
SAI GEJ
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by MeGaStReEt: 5:00am On Mar 26, 2011
Shekarau for the umpteenth time has shown that he has with it takes to govern this country, neither Buhari nor Ribadu can come close, yet some Nigerians are so blind to see that jokers Ribadu and Buhari are clueless and don't even have the slightest idea of how to move this country forward. One e.ediot will come here and start shouting sai buhari sai buhari, sai buhari my ya.nsh

I am not going to tell anybody who to vote for, becuase me myself, I never know who I go vote for. But for me, Rabadu is NO NO, Buhari NO NO, I will consider Shekarau before Rabadu and Buhari. Shekarau cant be trusted . . .lol The only place were trust exist these days is in the dictionary
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by adaphik(f): 6:04am On Mar 26, 2011
Shekarau was d most impressive.
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Pharoh: 6:35am On Mar 26, 2011
^^

Being impressive does not win votes in nigeria.
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by PhysicsMathematics(m): 8:41am On Mar 26, 2011
There is no need of Buhari, Ribadu and Shekarau to attend the debate, because they have already presented their manifesto to the Good people of this conutry. To make the story short Goodluck should go and do the debate alone. Nigeria!!! BUHARI/BAKARE, BY GOD GRACE,
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by naijangel7(f): 9:02am On Mar 26, 2011
update on http://www.whataboutusnigeria.org/

Who won the #WhatAboutUs debate?
Dele MOMODU 5% {8}
Nuhu RIBADU 57% (87)
Ibrahim SHEKARAU 38% (57)
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by efisher(m): 9:38am On Mar 26, 2011
^ So far, the votes trend is close to my final assessment. Let's see what the final votes will be after some time.
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Gbawe: 10:13am On Mar 26, 2011
adaphik:

Shekarau was d most impressive.

No disrespect but Shekarau was not impressive at all yesterday . In fact , to anyone not distracted by eloquence perhaps because they are eloquent themself,  Shekarau was extremely poor for a sitting Governor who has spent 8 year in office  . He was vague and perambulating without saying anything of substance . His performance yesterday confirms why he was little known till now and why Kano folks cannot talk of him as progressive or a performer let alone endorse him for President as Lagosians and non-Lagosians unanimously endorse Fashola after 4 years in office.

The poll below gets it right . Ribadu performed best even if , overall , no one was especially impressive .

http://www.whataboutusnigeria.org/

Who won the #WhatAboutUs debate?
Dele MOMODU   5% {8}
Nuhu RIBADU   57% (87)
Ibrahim SHEKARAU   38% (57)
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Gbawe: 10:25am On Mar 26, 2011
The other thing is that we must start being fair to everyone including GEJ . He did not attend yesterday but Utomi and Okotie , who will "floor everyone" in debate, did not show up either despite being invited. I guess they , similar to GEJ, are not serious also . Kudos to Shekarau and Ribadu who have made time to attend all debates held so far. If it is correct that Utomi criticised Buhari, Ribadu and Shekarau for shunning the BON debate then one has to wonder why he shunned Nigerian youths .

http://whataboutusnigeria.org/poll/

Poll
In line with our promise of a transparent debate that offers a level-playing field, we asked young Nigerians who they would like to see in a debate, and what issues they would love to see them discuss. We deployed online and SMS surveys, and the final results show the following six (6) candidates as the choice of Nigeria's youth who spoke through the survey:

1st: Goodluck Jonathan (People's Democratic Party) with 1,651 combined votes
2nd: Nuhu Ribadu (Action Congress of Nigeria) with 1,382 combined votes
3rd: Muhammadu Buhari (Congress for Progressive Change) with 1,279 combined votes
4th: Pat Utomi (Social Democratic Mega Party) with 1,098 combined votes
5th: Dele Momodu (National Conscience Party) with 803 combined votes
6th: Chris Okotie (Fresh Democratic Party) with 700 combined votes

All six candidates have been invited, and four of them (Nuhu Ribadu, Pat Utomi, Dele Momodu and Chris Okotie) have confirmed their willingness to participate. The respondents also chose the top issues that the candidates will discuss during the debate, and the leading issues are Power (839 votes); Corruption (765 votes); Education (616 votes); Poverty, Wealth Creation and Employment (562 votes); Economy (433 votes) and Security (289 votes). Please see full results of the online survey below:
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by naijangel7(f): 11:04am On Mar 26, 2011
Gbawe:

The other thing is that we must start being fair to everyone including GEJ . He did not attend yesterday but Utomi and Okotie , who will "floor everyone" in debate, did not show up either despite being invited. I guess they , similar to GEJ, are not serious also . Kudos to Shekarau and Ribadu who have made time to attend all debates held so far. If it is correct that Utomi criticised Buhari, Ribadu and Shekarau for shunning the BON debate then one has to wonder why he shunned Nigerian youths .

http://whataboutusnigeria.org/poll/

Good point, i think shekarau makes an effort to make a statement by showing up at debates. But he isnt credible as a politician based on his low performance as gov these 8 years. I honestly think Buhari just let a good chance pass him by, particularly after his campaign team had said he would be there. I was looking forward to seeing if he had improved himself from the nn24 debate and had something to offer us. Now he has also pulled out of the BON debate depriving voters of the chance to listen to his plans. He may lose votes as a result.

In all honesty, i really don't see any one of the candidates who really stands out from the top 6, 7 candidates in the race. It's really disappointing that they don't seem to have well-thought out plans for the next 4 years! At least a proposal. The closest they came to at the debate was "in the 1st year" we'll do so and so. And even that was not broken down into a clear plan of action. Chimamanda had some work on her hands trying to get them to be specific. I tire o.
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Pharoh: 2:04pm On Mar 26, 2011
^^

Good that you also can now see that peoples choice go beyond those rubbish they spill out during debates. Fashola does not have to debate before i will vote for him. Goodluck is not perfect but with careful and unbiased analysis, some of us decided to choose him to continue the work he is doing now.

Shekarau can speak fine but his records says otherwise, ribadu is inexperienced and just moved by passion but doesn't talk like someone who has concrete detailed and broken down plans. Buhari will just come there with lots of hype and mess so many things up. To me after goodluck, i would pick a ribadu because i want to believe he will appoint the right people to do the main jobs for him and he will just ensure as a leader that things go on well.
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by naijangel7(f): 2:46pm On Mar 26, 2011
Pharoh:

^^

Good that you also can now see that peoples choice go beyond those rubbish they spill out during debates. Fashola does not have to debate before i will vote for him. Goodluck is not perfect but with careful and unbiased analysis, some of us decided to choose him to continue the work he is doing now.

Shekarau can speak fine but his records says otherwise, ribadu is inexperienced and just moved by passion but doesn't talk like someone who has concrete detailed and broken down plans. Buhari will just come there with lots of hype and mess so many things up. To me after goodluck, i would pick a ribadu because i want to believe he will appoint the right people to do the main jobs for him and he will just ensure as a leader that things go on well.

Pharoh, i don't understand u at all. who ever said the debate is the only thing that governs people's choices? u get wahala too much sha. By the way, i thought u said u don't support any candidate yet?
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Gbenge77(m): 3:22pm On Mar 26, 2011
ribadu was so incoherent.i was really disappointed with his perfomance
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Jenpoet(f): 3:44pm On Mar 26, 2011
Some sections of the What About Us debate are available below. Check them out if you missed them yesterday. http://www.cp-africa.com/2011/03/26/case-missed-watch-presidential-debate-videos/

A young Nigerian who was in the audience also shares his views on the pulse of the debate, read more: http://www.cp-africa.com/2011/03/26/opinion-youth-focused-presidential-debate-audience/

Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by sley4life(m): 6:29pm On Mar 26, 2011
up GEJ
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by fluorish: 7:39pm On Mar 26, 2011
Gbenge 77:

ribadu was so incoherent.i was really disappointed with his perfomance

That was really amazing as i learnt he was the one clamoring for the debate, maybe he thinks he can talk us into it no way, he is also in the corruption string.-obj,tinu,goodluk,  No matter how eloquent he is, he can't lead the crew to anti corruption because our BASIC PROBLEM in this country is corruption, and we must vote them out of leadership. vote BB 2011,CPC

sley4life:

up GEJ
Hmnn this one na im staff sef, gifts blinds the eyes, LORD have mercy on Nigeria, deliver us from bribers

MeGaStReEt:

Shekarau for the umpteenth time has shown that he has with it takes to govern this country, neither Buhari nor Ribadu can come close, yet some Nigerians are so blind to see that jokers Ribadu and Buhari are clueless and don't even have the slightest idea of how to move this country forward. One e.ediot will come here and start shouting sai buhari sai buhari, sai buhari,

I am not going to tell anybody who to vote for, becuase me myself, I never know who I go vote for. Shekarau cant be trusted . . .lol The only place were trust exist these days is in the dictionary

Who  is blind but the one who is so gullible to be carried away by the present things that GEJ is flashing over our eyes in the media, and it was only 3 months to election that he started working, allocating money and back locating some to his pocket. Who is blind but the one who do not see and recognise the root of the problem of this nation is corruption , the person whey fit catch them for all candidates na BUHARI, and WOW, he has more sincere supportes than all others, let us join hands against corruption, VOTE BB2011 When corruption issue is taken care of, those that has refinaries outside the country will not be able to prevent our refinaries to be fixed, govt will not have to import fuel at high prices  and subsidize it, that money will be spent for our upkeep. Corrupt leaders that sell generators and those with diesel will not be able to prevent PHCN. PHCN will provide power  always not only when we are hosting olympics, but always. That will help industries thrive and we will not for every pin depend on china. Let us wake up our country is rich let us vote out corruption[b], Vote BB2011[/b],CPC
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:37pm On Mar 26, 2011
this debate thingy ehn, its pretty much like a gf or wife asking her man difficult questions , she simply wants to be lied to!!!

of course they wll try their darndest best to sound good. it has no bearing on what they may actually do
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by mithel(m): 4:16pm On Mar 27, 2011
what i know is that these set of people are not the best Nigeria can offer!!!!As of now i don't have anyone on my mind,because looking at each candidate one by one objectively,they are just a bunch of people with no clear cut plan for Nigeria in any sector of our problems in this "GREAT" country,

1.GEJ-he has Never seemed to have any idea of what to do or even looked like someone with a brilliant mind.right from his days as vp,(cos dats wen i knew d man called gej),he didn't do anytin or make any decision to show dat he is vp,he just like his predecessor ,didn't do anytin,they were just dere as decoration as vp,even from the way he talks ,u wud know he is bereft of ideas,after his oga died,he got the no 1 post in Nigeria and virtually did notin till date.he promised power to be stable by december 2010,well i still Never get lyt,dats one broken promise already, his only selling point has been his GOODLUCK tin just because he knows 9jarians are sentimental n we tend to put spirituality in everytin, we bliv its GOD dat gave us gej angry angry angryso it amazes me when gej supporters come here and just hail the man as if he has done anytin of note, nigerians please lets wake up

and before any body abuse me,remember its just my opinion

2,buhari-lets forget the fact that he was a military head of state and he stopped corruption accordin to some people(i cant judge him on dis because dem Never even tink of bornin me dat time grin grin).but since 2003,it has shown dat buhari just wants to bcom president just to add to his resume and show dat its nt only OBJ dat can be both head in military n democratic system of government, he is old and so are his ideas,from the debates he has shown dat he doesn't av any new tins to wake this giant that is in coma(NIGERIA)all dose money that he is using to contest in elections and pursuing dem in court should av gone into helping his community in his own way sad sad, he has also shown dat the youths are not in his plan by boycottin the last debate, though i would judge him better than gej cos his party isnt dat strong so he doesn't av so many ppl to share the national cake with n may likely be forced to move 9ja forward.

3.ribadu,i used to support him until i saw yesterday dat he too doesn't av sometin specific for the country,the only tin he has go in for him is dat he is young and his somewhat good score card as FCC chairman.he looks more passionate though than the 2 above though,but i dint see him as the man Nigeria needs as our president,dere is a of tins he nods to learn n i cant but suspect dat he is just anode DP tool in acne just like Attic sad sad sad

4.Tomi-looks the best candidate on paper but u cant win election by sittin in your office in Lagos business skull,though he gets my vote because he is just a bit fair than the ODs, he has been consistent and always looks to be on the progressives side.i dint know why men Lyk fashola n Tomi r hard to find in this big parties whose candidates have a good chance of winnin in elections,

we are not daft in Nigeria ,we are smart and brilliant people please lets wake up angry angry angry

and this is to all of you,as we vote this april,i want u to fast forward four years and look if the person u r about to vote for will make 9ja wat u want it to be n next four years, so dat in future u wud be able tell ur children you made a good decision,pls vote with objectivity,remove sentiments,religion,spirituality,and ethnicity,
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Defender1: 6:42pm On Mar 27, 2011
mithel:

what i know is that these set of people are not the best Nigeria can offer!!!!As of now i don't have anyone on my mind,because looking at each candidate one by one objectively,they are just a bunch of people with no clear cut plan for Nigeria in any sector of our problems in this "GREAT" country,

1.GEJ-he has Never seemed to have any idea of what to do or even looked like someone with a brilliant mind.

he promised power to be stable by december 2010,well i still Never get lyt,dats one broken promise already,
nigerians please lets wake up

we are not daft in Nigeria ,we are smart and brilliant people please lets wake up angry angry angry

and this is to all of you,as we vote this april,i want u to fast forward four years and look if the person u r about to vote for will make 9ja wat u want it to be n next four years, so dat in future u wud be able tell your children you made a good decision,pls vote with objectivity,remove sentiments,religion,spirituality,and ethnicity,

Thank you my GUY. Me I feel the Buhari years. And I know how d country dey start to waka well before them overthrow am.
PDP was financed by the people who helped to overthrow Buhari. They know that d man will not tolerate corruption.
If you vote PDP you condem 150,000 ,000 Nigerians to a life of POVERTY.

Vote for Buhari. Let him clean up the mess that the cprrupt PDP chieftains have put us into.
After four years the evil corrupt PDP politicians will have no more grip on Nigeria and then people like Pat Utomi, Fashola, can come and work without hinderance. SAY NO TO POVERTY. SAY NO TO PDP. VOTE BUHARI BAKARE
Re: Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate by Cotton(m): 10:43pm On Mar 27, 2011
,buhari-lets forget the fact that he was a military head of state and he stopped corruption accordin to some people(i cant judge him on dis because dem Never even tink of bornin me dat time Grin Grin).but since 2003,it has shown dat buhari just wants to bcom president just to add to his resume and show dat its nt only OBJ dat can be both head in military n democratic system of government, he is old and so are his ideas,from the debates he has shown dat he doesn't av any new tins to wake this giant that is in coma(NIGERIA)all dose money that he is using to contest in elections and pursuing dem in court should av gone into helping his community in his own way Sad Sad, he has also shown dat the youths are not in his plan by boycottin the last debate, though i would judge him better than gej cos his party isnt dat strong so he doesn't av so many ppl to share the national cake with n may likely be forced to move 9ja forward.

I appreciate your points but would you agree with me that Nigeria's greatest problem is not the lack of ideas but the will to implement them. Buhari may be old but if he can ensure that monies allocated for projects are actually utilised in the appropriate manner, are we not progressing? Unfortunately, our lawmakers are very corrupt and we need someone who will not be intimidated by them. We need someone who can put his foot down and see plans through. In my humble opinion, I believe that GEJ has been compromised and so even if he has good intentions, those who he needs to survive will not allow him to do anything that will jeopardize their interests. You only need to look at the past 12 years to see that the ruling party doesn't have the interests of the common man at heart.

Even if you don't vote for BB, can you really afford to bring back the PDP for another 4 years?

Buhari is a man of action. His records speak for themselves. He may not be perfect and he may have made some mistakes in his youth but he is only human. Out of the presented candidates that actually have a chance, I would root for him.

As for you, vote who you want, but for the love of the future generations, never the PDP.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari's Poorly Spoken English With Heavily Accented Fulani Is A Disgrace / Physically Challenged Appeal For Inclusion In Buhari's Cabinet / COVID-19: No Nigerian Is Hungry, We Have Disbursed 100 Billion To Poor Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.