Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,465 members, 7,881,634 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 04:26 AM

BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread (12134 Views)

Poll: Bakare, Oyegun, & Adeola Boycott: A Mistake?

Yes, it was a mistake: 30% (61 votes)
No, it was the right decision.: 69% (137 votes)
This poll has ended

NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! / Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES / NEDG Presidential Debate Boycott: In Defence Of Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 28, 2011
This is not a debate! Except anyone wants to fool himself/herself. The organisers know that this is not a debate. It was meant to be a debate but it has turned out to be an interview. Only sycophants would come here to say Mr Sambo is debating. Except he is debating with ghosts.

The organisers should get other willing contestants to come tomorrow, otherwise this would amount to a national disgrace for Mr Jonathan.

God help Nigeria!
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by eaboyeji: 8:25pm On Mar 28, 2011
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by jmaine: 8:26pm On Mar 28, 2011
Sambo also mentioned that the PDP GOVERNMENT is at the implementation stage, they are no longer thinking of what to do but how to do it and keep to their promises.

He mentioned that he personally  attends meetings at the major project sites in the position of both the Vice president and as a professional Architects . he wan'ts to have a direct feeling of involvement to make sure the contractors are doing the right thing.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Kobojunkie: 8:26pm On Mar 28, 2011
solajacobs:

YOU NO DEY READ PAPER?

No paper I know published that he signed it.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by EOS(m): 8:27pm On Mar 28, 2011
I'm watching the debate. It's an arrange debate, usual grammar. No talks on corruption, that means there is no CORRUPTION. Sambo is only emphasizing  on God has giving us water, oil, coal, mineral, etc. ARE YOU NIGERIANS AWARE THAT NOTHING IS GOING ON THE SO CALLED DREDGING? PLS, TRY AND FIND OUT.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by opalu: 8:27pm On Mar 28, 2011
[size=50pt] EVERY NAIRALANDER SHOULD SWITCH TO MORE INTELLIGENT DEBATE ON SILVER BIRD. WATCH FASHOLA AND OTHERS[/size]
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 28, 2011
Finished already? last question, Boring moderators, i miss Kadira, They are asking about Akwa ibom before he rounds up
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by SkyBlue1: 8:28pm On Mar 28, 2011
belabela:

This is not a debate! Except anyone wants to fool himself/herself. The organisers know that this is not a debate. It was meant to be a debate but it has turned out to be an interview. Only sycophants would come here to say Mr Sambo is debating. Except he is debating with ghosts.

The organisers should get other willing contestants to come tomorrow, otherwise this would amount to a national disgrace for Mr Jonathan.

God help Nigeria!

And who has said he is debating? The opposition could have sent in candidates to challenge him but they decided not to, their call so I don't get the unecessary complaining. Viewers should keep on posting abeg, I am interested.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by eaboyeji: 8:29pm On Mar 28, 2011

God help Nigeria!

And whose fault is it that some Presidential candidates refused to attend the debate.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by SUGURU: 8:30pm On Mar 28, 2011
Can someone change the topic of this thread to 'VP Media chat'
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by solajacobs(m): 8:31pm On Mar 28, 2011
other absentee should blame themselves for not attending,
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by scopusng(m): 8:31pm On Mar 28, 2011
The vice president ( Sambo) just made a blonder. He said one child one vote,
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Mar 28, 2011
eaboyeji:

And whose fault is it that some Presidential candidates refused to attend the debate.

That is bull . . . . the only one's that pulled out were Ribadu, Buhari and Shekarau. Last I checked, there are more than 4 Presidential Candidates. Chris Okotie was just on ChannelsTV speaking of how he was denied invitation to the debate last minute. Why was he invited and then uninvited?? Dele Momodu is a presidential Candidate -- why was he not invited instead??
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Innocent3: 8:32pm On Mar 28, 2011
[size=5]Give it to Goodluck/Sambo[/size]

Sambo is doing well and wud av done even better against Bakare, and Adeola. . .they wud av given and d debate a competitive nudge but they chose to watch from their hotel rooms

I doff my heart on the way he answered the 'social amenities' question.
Ths guy is a 'teacher'. Each question he answers, he ends by saying. . . 'i'l give you a story. . .' ths guy can be very practical!
Sambo, carry go jor

i just wish this guy is d president he got balls.He back up his points with relevant stories and well structured detailed analysis.

Dont worry!!! To be a winning team, every player must be a super star! kiss

I thought the VP was a coward. He is proving me wrong

[size=5]No wonder why those 3 wisemen rascals chikined out![/size]
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by md4real(m): 8:32pm On Mar 28, 2011
Is he still DOING THE PRESS BRIEFING?
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by solajacobs(m): 8:33pm On Mar 28, 2011
I AM A CHILD OF MY FATHER AND ARE YOU. SO, WHAT BLUNDER ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
HIS CHILD MAY BE UP TO 18.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by fizokey(m): 8:33pm On Mar 28, 2011
Head or tail my President Goodluck Ebere Azikiwe *the one that listens* Jonathan will win.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Homonide: 8:34pm On Mar 28, 2011
sambo refused to answer d simple question; 'why is d pdp muscling the opposition?''
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by SkyBlue1: 8:35pm On Mar 28, 2011
solajacobs:

I AM A CHILD OF MY FATHER AND ARE YOU. SO, WHAT BLUNDER ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
HIS CHILD MAY BE UP TO 18.

. . poor rebuttal. If he actually said that then just accept he made a mistake, it wouldn't take anything from you.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Tpharell: 8:35pm On Mar 28, 2011
It is over at last! please! someone tell me the office of the president would not be ridiculed like this tomorrow! somebody please!
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by lakeside4love(m): 8:35pm On Mar 28, 2011
National Disgrace.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 28, 2011
E don finish? This is the worst and most boring debate ever
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by md4real(m): 8:36pm On Mar 28, 2011
Vice president debate: Without disrespect, but are these guys true journalist? What happened for follow up questions?
Sambo Relates every issue to power and generalise on issue. Here are examples of the follow up,
1:Why are we still generating low powers after spending 16 billion dollars?
2.Rails are working everywhere he claimed? When was the time you hear a train horn in kaduna?
3. Social security for the elderly, he goofed by not offering any plan @all.
, yet they just sat thier and watch, kangaroooooooo
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Donmeca(m): 8:38pm On Mar 28, 2011
End of session. U can't blame the dullness on PDP or d organisers, veteran broadcasters like Cyril Stober were out to do a great job but the opposition disappointed Nigerians. They may as well have shot themselves down with pride.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Tpharell: 8:39pm On Mar 28, 2011
lakeside4love:

National Disgrace.
so u think this is a national disgrace? wait until u see president Jonathan debate with himself tomorrow
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by pek(m): 8:40pm On Mar 28, 2011
Is my English failing me or have I forgotten the meaning of debate?
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Kobojunkie: 8:40pm On Mar 28, 2011
Donmeca:

End of session. U can't blame the dullness on PDP or d organisers, veteran broadcasters like Cyril Stober were out to do a great job but the opposition disappointed Nigerians. They may as well have shot themselves down with pride.

Again, stop lying to yourself at least. Only 3 members of the opposition refused to show. Why were the rest not called on? Why was Chris Okotie's VP denied attendance to this debate? Where is Dele Momodu there? Did he also quit(we have no indications of this)?
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 28, 2011
md4real:

Vice president debate: Without disrespect, but are these guys true journalist? What happened for follow up questions?
Sambo Relates every issue to power and generalise on issue. Here are examples of the follow up,
1:Why are we still generating low powers after spending 16 billion dollars?
2.Rails are working everywhere he claimed? When was the time you hear a train horn in kaduna?
3. Social security for the elderly, he goofed by not offering any plan @all.
, yet they just sat thier and watch, kangaroooooooo

Tell them oh and they were saying NN24 debate is not credible, NN24 have set a standard for debates that is what is great about competition
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Seun(m): 8:46pm On Mar 28, 2011
He who laughs last laughs longest.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by sademola: 8:48pm On Mar 28, 2011
Going by how this "debate" went I doubt if GEJ will attend tomorrow's "debate".  What a shame! embarassed embarassed sad sad
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 28, 2011
All the ministers followed him there, no wonder they wanted to regulate the NN24 crowd,
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 28, 2011
My lord that was a waste of an hour of my life!!!. How come there were no questions on CORRUPTION PLANS?

The only attempt at a hard hitting question was the akwa-ibom suppression of opposition but even that one he avoided.

What does he mean one child-one vote? PDP don start again oooh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Is Chief Bola Tinubu's Father? / Nigerian Army Approves Hotlines For Operation Safe Conduct. / ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.