Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,465 members, 7,881,634 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 04:27 AM

BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread (12137 Views)

Poll: Bakare, Oyegun, & Adeola Boycott: A Mistake?

Yes, it was a mistake: 30% (61 votes)
No, it was the right decision.: 69% (137 votes)
This poll has ended

NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! / Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES / NEDG Presidential Debate Boycott: In Defence Of Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Kobojunkie: 10:25pm On Mar 28, 2011
Are you sure you read that??  undecided undecided

In the NEDG case, again, the credibility of the organizers are not in question -- the credibility of the debate is. This is different from the NN24 case.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by naijanig: 10:26pm On Mar 28, 2011
House 45; $65,000 Grand Prize, Free wedding and two weeks honeymoon; all expense paid and a nice car. To participate, log on to www.house45.tv. We are live (24/7) on infinity TV, Africa Magic, STV, Superscreen, ITV,RSTV, Crystal TV Ghana. 55 days of luxury and Glamor. House 45 is only for Singles from Nigeria and Ghana who are enterta, ining and ready to mingle.

Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Pharoh: 10:29pm On Mar 28, 2011
when you automatically question the credibility of the organizer, you question the credibility of the debate

Madam it definitely goes both ways, questioning the credibility of the debate means that you are also including the organizers as well.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by aletheia(m): 10:31pm On Mar 28, 2011
Kobojunkie:

No paper I know published that he signed it.

Try this. . .http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/at-last-president-signs-minimum-wage-bill/88572/
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Kobojunkie: 10:35pm On Mar 28, 2011
aletheia:

Try this. . .http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/at-last-president-signs-minimum-wage-bill/88572/

I read your post and I counter with these

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/19568-n18000-minimum-wage-jonathan-meets-nlc-tuesday-over-threat-to-disrupt-election

http://allafrica.com/stories/201103281441.html
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

How come the same THISDAY that claims it was signed last friday, is quoted as saying NLC is still in meeting with FG to sign it?
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Kobojunkie: 10:37pm On Mar 28, 2011
Pharoh:

Madam it definitely goes both ways, questioning the credibility of the debate means that you are also including the organizers as well.

That is silly, and you know it!!! I can question the credibility of a document -- does not mean I question the credibility of the organization that owns the document . . . cut the bull already!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by fizokey(m): 10:42pm On Mar 28, 2011
It will be pertinent to note that some people expect ''overnight miracles'' to the problems with Nigeria within a short period of time an individual ascends to the nation's highest office. The truth be told, Nigeria's pool of plaguing problems will require not less than a decade to at least get things 85 percent right. As a dual citizen i have taken time to analyze our woes on both local and international basis and arrived at a firm conclusion to believe in the 'Nigeria project'. Going back home on the 9th of April i will vote and right i must. I will vote GEJ
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by 9ijaMan: 10:49pm On Mar 28, 2011
fizokey:

It will be pertinent to note that some people expect ''overnight miracles'' to the problems with Nigeria within a short period of time an individual ascends to the nation's highest office. The truth be told, Nigeria's pool of plaguing problems will require not less than a decade to at least get things 85 percent right. As a dual citizen i have taken time to analyze our woes on both local and international basis and arrived at a firm conclusion to believe in the 'Nigeria project'. Going back home on the 9th of April i will vote and right i must. I will vote GEJ
So in your lonely planet 12 years is equivalent to "overnight miracles"! I won't blame you though since you are likely to be a product of the rot in the education system managed by PDP for 12 years, you sure would have lost your sense of reasoning over time.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by aletheia(m): 10:52pm On Mar 28, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I read your post and I counter with these
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/19568-n18000-minimum-wage-jonathan-meets-nlc-tuesday-over-threat-to-disrupt-election
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
You lie because there is nothing in both articles that says that NLC is meeting with FG to sign it.

From the tribune article:
The NLC had, on Tuesday, last week, after its National Administrative Council (NAC) meeting, threatened to disrupt the electoral process if the president failed to immediately assent to the N18, 000 national minimum wage. . .the NLC gave President Jonathan up to Monday, March 28, 2011 to assent to the bill or face workers’ final wrath  and the disruption of the April polls.

And from the allafrica.com (an article is from ThisDay):
He hinted that the agitation of the organised labour force for the commencement of the new minimum wage of N18, 000 as from next month has started yielding results as President Goodluck Jonathan has invited the labour leaders to a dialogue on Tuesday.

How did you construe has invited the labour leaders to a dialogue on Tuesday to mean:
Kobojunkie:

How come the same THISDAY that claims it was signed last friday, is quoted as saying NLC is still in meeting with FG to sign it?

You see how you twist words and weave untruths in a bid to rationalize your dislike of GEJ. The ThisDay article I referred you to was precise and specific. It states:
1) President Goodluck Jonathan last Friday signed into law the new national minimum wage bill that will pave the way for the implementation of the N18,000 monthly pay for Nigerian workers, THISDAY can report.
2) The government official said President Jonathan did not want to make an "open show" of the signing which had been a subject of controversy.
3) However, the president has called for a meeting with the leaders of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and Trade Union Congress of Nigeria (TUC) Tuesday in Abuja to discuss the update on the new national minimum wage.

Be honest. These lowdown tricks do not help your cause.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by scopusng(m): 10:53pm On Mar 28, 2011
Sambo said ONE -CHILD-ONE-VOTE I dey laugh.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by scopusng(m): 10:56pm On Mar 28, 2011
ONE-CHILD-ONE-VOTE. laugh wan kill me. Sambo we hail dee
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Kobojunkie: 10:57pm On Mar 28, 2011
aletheia:

You lie because there is nothing in both articles that says that NLC is meeting with FG to sign it.

How did you construe has invited the labour leaders to a dialogue on Tuesday to mean:

In your rush, if you had bothered to read the article's own TOPIC , you would have seen this  . . . .

From the tribune article:
[size=13pt]

N18,000 minimum wage: Jonathan meets NLC Tuesday over threat to disrupt election

| Print | E-mail
Written by Soji-Eze Fagbemi
Monday, 28 March 2011[/size]

again . . .  here is the link

Stop thinking people are out to get you . . . . it's called paranoia!
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by aletheia(m): 11:04pm On Mar 28, 2011
^^^Don't be silly; you unnecessarily combative termagant. I can now see how you usually rush to wrong conclusions. You focus on newspaper headlines which can be misleading. I read the articles which is why I posted salient quotes from them. It is obvious you did not even bother reading the articles you posted: Again I ask you, where in those articles is it stated that "NLC is still in meeting with FG to sign it"?. Calm down woman, and read.

President Goodluck Jonathan last Friday signed into law the new national minimum wage bill that will pave the way for the implementation of the N18,000 monthly pay for Nigerian workers, THISDAY can report.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Kobojunkie: 11:09pm On Mar 28, 2011
^^^ ROFLMAO!! You really have issues  . . . don't you!!! Now headlines are not acceptable? ROFLMAO!!!

According to THISDAY newspaper -- quoted by All Africa

Nigeria: NLC Warns Federal, State Govts On Poll

Tunde Sanni27 March 2011

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/minimum-wage-labour-leaders-in-crucial-meeting-today/

Minimum wage: Labour leaders in crucial meeting today
NewsMar 28, 2011

LAGOS — LABOUR leaders from all the 36 states of the Federation including Abuja and in all sectors of the nation’s economy are today meeting in Abuja to fix a date for the commencement of a nationwide strike to force President Goodluck Jonathan to sign the N18,000 new minimum wage before the April polls.
This came as President Jonathan is scheduled to meet with labour leaders tomorrow at the State House to discuss the minimum wage quagmire and other labour related issues.
Under the umbrella of the Central Working Committee, CWC, of the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, the labour leaders had been summoned to take decisive and definite stance on the issue as there are feelers that governors opposed to the new wage increase are putting pressure on President Jonathan not to assent to the pay rise bill until after the general elections.

Believe you me . . . I am the least of your problems there  .  ,  ROFLMAO!!
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by brabus(m): 11:16pm On Mar 28, 2011
STV, showing repeat broadcast of the NONSENSE show of shame. Hear the BALD man talking! Hear the Panelist talking rubbish
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by fizokey(m): 11:18pm On Mar 28, 2011
@9ija man, b4 u start blabbing about education(that u wish u had), com'on boy so in the whole of 12 years you can't pinpoint to a single positive achievement in your country? Not even the GSM you are using (if your sorry a*s can afford even the cheapest?) or good roads in some states like Enugu, Akwa Ibom? Oh! Sorry i forgot you live in the creeks, (i wonder how you discovered the internet and typing also) Come up with sound reasoning boy* oops i forgot its u 9ijaman.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by brabus(m): 11:20pm On Mar 28, 2011
SAMBO is not inspiring at all!!! They have already launched VISION2020, the power road map, water roadmap. The next thing is implementation. They are expanding our water ways.

THIS IS THE MOST STUPID SCENE I'VE EVER SEEN IN THE MOVIES
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by brabus(m): 11:26pm On Mar 28, 2011
Cyril Stober, you fall my hand! You are not suppose to be here at all. I hold you in high esteem more than this sh*t.

Sambo "God has given us solar".
Sambo' "We will be a country of job availability, " All this things have been put in place
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by brabus(m): 11:28pm On Mar 28, 2011
Sambo "He would like to show us picture of light project Goodluck is doing"

I CAN SEE WHY PDP ARE AVOIDING DEBATE.

THIS IS MUST-WATCH FOR ALL PDP WOULD-BE VOTERS.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by brabus(m): 11:30pm On Mar 28, 2011
WE WOULD WANT ANYBODY THAT WANTS TO FOLLOW UP, TO START MONITORING.

DOES THAT BRING LIGHT?
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by aletheia(m): 11:31pm On Mar 28, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ ROFLMAO!! You really have issues  . . . don't you!!! Now headlines are not acceptable? ROFLMAO!!!

According to THISDAY newspaper -- quoted by All Africahttp://allafrica.com/stories/201103281441.html

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/minimum-wage-labour-leaders-in-crucial-meeting-today/
Believe you me . . . I am the least of your problems there  .  ,  ROFLMAO!!

Headlines can be misleading as anyone with even a modicum of common sense knows.

Here we go with your usual "rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-your-fat-as*-off". I wondered how quickly you would default to that empty phrase which obviously serves you as the psychological equivalent of a security blanket. So now you 've hopped to the Vanguard newspaper in a vain attempt to refute this simple sentence:
President Goodluck Jonathan last Friday signed into law the new national minimum wage bill that will pave the way for the implementation of the N18,000 monthly pay for Nigerian workers, THISDAY can report.
Again you did not read the Vanguard article. Where does it state that:
Kobojunkie:

NLC is still in meeting with FG to sign it?

You have an unjustified high opinion of yourself. Believe me, you are not a problem. I consider it a public service to educate you.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by brabus(m): 11:32pm On Mar 28, 2011
we are still a developing nation, i dont think downtool is a major problem
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Kobojunkie: 11:35pm On Mar 28, 2011
aletheia:

Headlines can be misleading as anyone with even a modicum of common sense knows.

Here we go with your usual "rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-your-fat-as*-off". I wondered how quickly you would default to that empty phrase which obviously serves you as the psychological equivalent of a security blanket. So now you 've hopped to the Vanguard newspaper in a vain attempt to refute this simple sentence:Again you did not read the Vanguard article. Where does it state that:
You have an unjustified high opinion of yourself. Believe me, you are not a problem. I consider it a public service to educate you.

Dude, your issues there are not mine  . . . .  learn to read ooo . How can you educate another when you refuse to open up your eyes and mind to read first before jumping into attack mode? I even highlighted the bit in the article for you to read. Is 28th not Monday? What is tommorow? Godzilladay?

What the heck? I can't ask a question again without you getting a heart attack? You have really not added anything new to this so far -- nothing but dragged out a non-issue onto another page. Seriously,rather than give yourself high blood pressure, it is OK not to respond at all!!! ROFLMAO!!
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by brabus(m): 11:38pm On Mar 28, 2011
i think it is very good as other candidates are not here so that this man can have all time to express himself.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by brabus(m): 11:39pm On Mar 28, 2011
did you hear his comment on happening at akwa-ibom?
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by fizokey(m): 11:42pm On Mar 28, 2011
You will know you are 9ijaman-the-whimp when: #1. Replying to people's contributions starts with blabbing about educational backgrounds. #2. Ask him what BB means and he will say blackberry *sorry* Buhari Bakare. #3. When every contribution you make in NL is attack of the clones! #4. When replying posts takes forever (going through a dictionary a la typing in english!!)
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by emekagh(m): 12:04am On Mar 29, 2011
Okay people. Let us for the purpose of argument agree that the debate/media chat is not credible (something NL intellectuals have not agreed). How can we sell this to the viewing (illiterates/semi-illiterate) masses who have been watched the wide reaching BON organised event.

My point is that in the end, the masses saw and heard Sambo, as they will see and hear Goodluck tomorrow. So they'll probably remember who they saw and heard. The excuses offered by the oppositions for not attending this BON debate/media chat will be exactly what they are - excuses.

Plans, plans, plans, build, building, power stations, electricity, trains, etc will resonate with them (masses) as the promises or plans made by PDP-GEJ/Sambo? What will resonate with them them regarding the oppositions programmes? If they recollect anything at all it will be probes, anti-corruption crusade/jihad, arrest of Mr. this, corruption this, corruption that, jail this, jail that? How does this fiery sounding concepts no matter how lofty relate with the troubled masses? This is not a matter of tribe, Buhari's plans sound like Nigeria will go through another period of uncertainty. I am not ready to waste another four years waiting for someone to clean Nigeria. When I know that all I need to do is set good examples - clean myself, and help others to do the same. Buhari cannot do it for me, for us! He just want to be called President again!

Back to the debate issue, whether GEJ disrespected them (tactically) or not is not a very good reason to miss out in the publicity that the BON debate/chat would have afforded. They have missed the opportunity to introduce their own agenda (and perhaps forced the so-called hard questions). But this is my opinion. Their supporters claimed it was a good decision for them to boycott today event. This is their opinion, and I am more than happy to respect it. I hope also they boycott tomorrow Presidential debates as well, and perhaps follow it up by boycotting the elections at well (excuses are easy to get, blame it on Goodluck's names). I wish progress for Nigeria, and I don't think Buhari or Ribadu can guarantee that.

So while they see disgrace (in the one man show), the PDP sees opportunity to sell their candidate.

I will end by noting the arrogance and folly of those who think voting GEJ is unpatriotic. I tell you, it is the acme of patriotism to vote GEJ, the only national leaning candidate of the lot. The results of his hardwork and tenacity is there for all to see. His ability to build bridge across the nation, forming required consensus, and shunning uncanny ones is what Nigeria needs now.

The undiscerning may call it weakness - but strong people don't usually show it off. Only pretenders do!
Big shots are small shots who keep shooting! Simplicity is a gift! That is why. . .

. . . GEJ will win this election.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by efisher(m): 12:19am On Mar 29, 2011
@ emeka, you made some very strong points there. I support Ribadu but am not happy his VP candidate didn't show up for the debate. I thought they will tow the more honorable path by putting aside their pride for the good of the process. At the end of the day, PDP gained free publicity and their plans will be all people can remember.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by fizokey(m): 12:24am On Mar 29, 2011
@Emeka_gh, God bless your lineage!! This is what i call sound reasoning-cum- transcedental thinking not some whimp-dog 9ijaman with more than a thousand barks abi posts to his sorry a*s.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by brabus(m): 12:26am On Mar 29, 2011
^^^ What plans? Can't you see the frustration in the eyes of the participants and panelists? Did you see anybody clap?Nigerians are wiser than ever before! Social Media will carry the update tomorrow, then you will know the power of the media. This debate has finally opened PDP yansh. Little wonder, IBB endorsed Ribadu/Adeola before the debate. The man is very wise.

I didn't know that Bald man (Sambo) is as dumb as Goodluck. They asked him about happenings in Akwa-Ibom, he was answering as if he was the IG, as if it was his responsibility. The question that concerns his party, he is doing "em--em", to the extent of saying "ONE-CHILD-ONE-VOTE"

Do your part and watch for the outcome.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by firmi(m): 12:37am On Mar 29, 2011
wat a cheap publicity 4 d peoples demoralising party.nd a set of uninspiring panelist compared 2 d lagos debates
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by ideylaff: 12:53am On Mar 29, 2011
Parent Destroying Pikin Party are playing the most dirty Politics I've witnessed in a while

GOD will turn all their desperado plans into emptyness in The LORDS name. Amen

They will shoot themselves in their very own foot./feet

We can smell the change coming, nothing will stop it, enuff of 12 years of lies and deceit

Shameless and irritating bunch, those lot are.

Planning their own stage managed debate,

All of them will hug transforners last last

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Is Chief Bola Tinubu's Father? / Nigerian Army Approves Hotlines For Operation Safe Conduct. / ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.