Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,465 members, 7,881,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 04:33 AM

BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread (12138 Views)

Poll: Bakare, Oyegun, & Adeola Boycott: A Mistake?

Yes, it was a mistake: 30% (61 votes)
No, it was the right decision.: 69% (137 votes)
This poll has ended

NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! / Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES / NEDG Presidential Debate Boycott: In Defence Of Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by 9ijaMan: 8:50pm On Mar 28, 2011
Abeg na how many VP candiadte attend the media chat sef? Kindly help those of us who missed it.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Pharoh: 8:52pm On Mar 28, 2011
Hope they will be there for the presidential debate, i trust chris okotie and dele momodu.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by kasiem(m): 8:54pm On Mar 28, 2011
Let me see any shameless person that will come challenge gej. Even sambo can trounce all presidential put together. Nwoke na nwoke ha bu na onu mana ezuko amara onye ka (all men are equal is only in the mouth, but when they come together we'll know who's greater)
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by osoisi: 9:01pm On Mar 28, 2011
Newspapers Proprietors Association of Nigeria (NPAN);
Nigerian Guild of Editors (NGE);
Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ);
Civil Liberties Organisation of Nigeria (CLO);
Alliance for Credible Elections (ACE);
National Council of Women Societies (NCWS);
Nigerian Bar Association (NBA);
National Coalition of Youth Professionals (NCYP);
The Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG);
Transparency Monitoring Group (TMG)

Its a shame you guys seem to believe that all these agencies have no credibility. You guys should go check your heads.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by dare2think: 9:08pm On Mar 28, 2011
@ those blaming the other's for not participating:

You are part of the stagnant growth in Nigeria if you justify this charade called a "debate". The first debate was snubbed by PDP because they could not influence the organisers, for you to now say the other parties should have attended this farce is disappointing. Every sensible person that watched this SHAM must aknowlegde that it has the imprints of PDP written over it.

@solajacobs
Shame on you for your choice  to reason with bais. With people like you still in large volumes supporting a corrupt party LIITLE wonder why Nigerian politics is regressive.

@ sensible fellows
These "debate" is an insult to our intelligence and i don't blame the dignified opposition members for not attending. For them to attend this ridicule would be a stain on their integrity and i would like to think proper HONORABLE men would not partake in such stupidity.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by osoisi: 9:10pm On Mar 28, 2011
dare2think:

@ those blaming the other's for not participating:

You are part of thhe stagnant growth in Nigeria if you justify the charade called a "debate". The first debate was snubbed by PDP because they could not influence the organisers, for you to now say the other parties should have attended this farce is disappointing. Every sensible person that watched this SHAM must aknowlegde that it has the imprints of PDP wrriting over it.

@solajacobs
Shame on you for your choice  to reason with bais. With people like you still in large volumes supporting a corrupt party LIITLE wonder why Nigerian politics is regressive.

@ sensible fellows
These "debate" is an insult to our intelligence and i don't blame the dignified opposition members. For them to attend this ridicule would be a stain on their integrity and i would like to think proper HONORABLE men would to partake in such stupidity.

Your statement is a dull assumption. because NN24 is linked to CNN then its more credible? Clean your eyes or wear your glasses.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by fizokey(m): 9:12pm On Mar 28, 2011
Some people are real crude haters and masters in this ''pull him down syndrome''. No matter what man says or does he will always be man and not God. I'll vote for the only one annoited amongst them all, I'll vote for my humble and listening President Goodluck Ebere Azikiwe Jonathan.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by brabus(m): 9:18pm On Mar 28, 2011
^^^Why are you living in another man's land?
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by dare2think: 9:19pm On Mar 28, 2011
@osoisi

Dull assumption?  i think it's you whooneeds to clean your eyes( and possibly your brain too), no offence intended.

We all saw how the NN24 guys grilled the candidates. They were all shook as the moderator was merciless and handled the debate without apparent agenda. Pls compare that to this  "stupidity" we have just witnessed.

No questions on how to handle the level of corruption?? one of the main diseases of the country. No proper assertions from the moderator.

Pls who needs glasses? pheww undecided i worry for humanity
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by osoisi: 9:24pm On Mar 28, 2011
dare2think:

@osoisi

Dull assumption?  i think it's you whooneeds to clean your eyes( and possibly your brain too), no offence intended.

We all saw how the NN24 guys grilled the candidates. They were all shook as the moderator was merciless and handled the all debate without aparent agenda. Pls compare that to this  "stupidity" we have just witnessed.

No questions on how to handle the level of corruption?? one of the main disease of the country. No proper assertions from the moderator.

Pls who needs glasses? pheww undecided i worry for humanity

NN24? Nobody was grilled. Shekarua surprised us. Ribadu lost control. Buhari seemed like he either didnt want to say much.
Humanity isnt in jeopardy because of a 1hr debate. And it will be folly to build our hopes up because someone knows how to hold themselves up for an hour or so. We know these men. They cant pretend.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by efisher(m): 9:31pm On Mar 28, 2011
fizokey:

Some people are real crude haters and masters in this ''pull him down syndrome''. No matter what man says or does he will always be man and not God. I'll vote for the only one annoited amongst them all, I'll vote for my humble and listening President Goodluck Ebere Azikiwe Jonathan.

I agree with the part in bold font, people have closed their eyes to the truth because of the high level of bias. Some have become so depressed hence the denial. Let us be open minded enough to commend something good when we see it.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by dare2think: 9:34pm On Mar 28, 2011
@osoisi
Humanity is not in jeopardy because of a 1hr debate and rightfully so. But i worry about Humanity because it's progress is always marred by regressive folks with their thoughts and actions. That is my worry.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by osoisi: 9:39pm On Mar 28, 2011
so lets postulate here alittle bit. If BB wins will they boycott the next debate hosted by BON? Or like you like they say: it would have bn reformed by then. Its a shame that we insulting a national institution. Since America's CNN affiliate (NN24) is more credible then what you all commenting on Nairaland about. Americanland no dey.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by scopusng(m): 9:45pm On Mar 28, 2011
The vice president ( Sambo) just made a blonder. He said one-child-one vote
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by osoisi: 9:46pm On Mar 28, 2011
scopusng:

The vice president ( Sambo) just made a blonder. He said one-child-one vote
Clap for yourself.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by otokx(m): 9:48pm On Mar 28, 2011
the problem with nigeria is nigerians. lies now walk the streets on 3 legs.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by texazzpete(m): 9:49pm On Mar 28, 2011
efisher:

I agree with the part in bold font, people have closed their eyes to the truth because of the high level of bias. Some have become so depressed hence the denial. Let us be open minded enough to commend something good when we see it.

With the PDP, the negatives far outweigh any positive points.

A vote for GEJ is a vote for the same crushing corruption and lawlessness that has plagued Nigeria for years.
it's easy to know people who have no kids (or those who have no care for Nigeria's future).
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by apoti(m): 9:50pm On Mar 28, 2011
osoisi:

so lets postulate here alittle bit. If BB wins will they boycott the next debate hosted by BON? Or like you like they say: it would have bn reformed by then. Its a shame that we insulting a national institution. Since America's CNN affiliate (NN24) is more credible then what you all commenting on Nairaland about. Americanland no dey.

They boycotted BON not because it's not credible, but because GEJ disrespected them and failed to show up in the first debate, so what's your point
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by osoisi: 9:53pm On Mar 28, 2011
apoti:

They boycotted BON not because it's not credible, but because GEJ disrespected them and failed to show up in the first debate, so what's your point
Advice 1: First read the thread and then comment on my comment. Dont just jump in. I was replying those who questioned the credibility of the BON debate.
Advice 2: If you read what ACN, CPC and ANPP jointly signed regarding the BOn debate you will understand that the credibility of the debate was what was in question.
Over to you. Your points was what again
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by jmoore(m): 10:00pm On Mar 28, 2011
nta and radio nigeria covers the whole nigeria more than any other station. any nigerian that does not rank this platform as the best platform is probably not living in nigeria
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by osoisi: 10:02pm On Mar 28, 2011
jmoore:

nta and radio nigeria covers the whole nigeria more than any other station. any nigerian that does not rank this platform as the best platform is probably not living in nigeria
You are too much my brother. Dont mind them.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by 9ijaMan: 10:03pm On Mar 28, 2011
osoisi:

Advice 1: First read the thread and then comment on my comment. Dont just jump in. I was replying those who questioned the credibility of the BON debate.
Advice 2: If you read what ACN, CPC and ANPP jointly signed regarding the BOn debate you will understand that the credibility of the debate was what was in question.
Over to you. Your points was what again
The credibility of a debate has little or nothing to do with the coverage. Sambo attending the debate alone and reading the comments on this thread about the questions he was asked actually proved that the debate media chat was not credible. In a nut shell the small NN24 was able to organize a much more credible debate compared to the waste of time and resources organized by BON.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by osoisi: 10:05pm On Mar 28, 2011
9ijaMan:

The credibility of a debate has little or nothing to do with the coverage. Sambo attending the debate alone and reading the comments on this thread about the questions he was asked actually proved that the debate media chat was not credible. In a nut shell the small NN24 was able to organize a much more credible debate compared to the waste of time and resources organized by BON.
I am confused here. Are u saying it is credible or it isnt.
Is it that he attended alone that is your issue.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by brabus(m): 10:07pm On Mar 28, 2011
How many people attended? Street Credibility debate organized by BON/NEDG. Which artist performed?

Nonsense, why are they not busy this time around? Abeg go, sleep. Most Incredibles
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Homonide: 10:09pm On Mar 28, 2011
i listened to the interview, and i was far from being impressed. it was later that i realised that it was supposed to be a debate, right?
As much as i feel the oppostion have done theirselves and the voting populace a great disservice by choosing not to be part of this debate, i lay most of the blame on Mr Jonathan's doorstep. by choosing to ignore the nn24 debate even after giving his words that he was going to attend,he simply shot himself in the foot, and the backlash is the charade that we all witnessed tonight.
nedg needs to tell nigerians what happened to other vice presidential aspirants apart from the three that jointly pulled out officially. what happened to pat utomi,john dara,chris okotie,dele momodu, and others? were they not invited or did they boycot the debate too,like cpc,acn, and anpp did? do we only have 4 parties vying for the presidency in the presidential polls?
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by osoisi: 10:10pm On Mar 28, 2011
brabus:

How many people attended? Street Credibility debate organized by BON/NEDG. Which artist performed?

Nonsense,  why are they not busy this time around? Abeg go, sleep. Most Incredibles
Na only incredibles, na Super TED.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by 9ijaMan: 10:12pm On Mar 28, 2011
osoisi:

In layman's term, the BON debate has no credibility. If Sambo has attended alone and has been asked questions which have obviously been prepared specially for him before hand, then the BON, though with an assumed wider coverage, so called debate is simply not credible.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by osoisi: 10:14pm On Mar 28, 2011
Homonide:

i listened to the interview, and i was far from being impressed. it was later that i realised that it was supposed to be a debate, right?
As much as i feel the oppostion have done theirselves and the voting populace a great disservice by choosing not to be part of this debate, i lay most of the blame on Mr Jonathan's doorstep. by choosing to ignore the nn24 debate even after giving his words that he was going to attend,he simply shot himself in the foot, and the backlash is the charade that we all witnessed tonight.
nedg needs to tell nigerians what happened to other vice presidential aspirants apart from the three that jointly pulled out officially. what happened to pat utomi,john dara,chris okotie,dele momodu, and others? were they not invited or did they boycot the debate too,like cpc,acn, and anpp did? do we only have 4 parties vying for the presidency in the presidential polls?

Politicians that impress come once in a while. Alot that talk dont do. Alot who do dont talk. Those who talk and do come once in while.

9ijaMan:

In layman's term, the BON debate has no credibility. If Sambo has attended alone and has been asked questions which have obviously been prepared for him before hand, then the BON though with an assumed wider coverage then so called debate is simply not credible.
You cant convince Nigeria that BON isnt credible because ur candidate didnt come
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by 9ijaMan: 10:19pm On Mar 28, 2011
osoisi:

You cant convince Nigeria that BON isnt credible because your candidate didnt come
Sorry pal, I need not do any convincing, it's very much obvious the media chat aint credible. However it is certainly not my problem if you fail to discern between a BON organized debate and BON as a body. Let me come down a bit to your level of understanding. Here it is: BON may be a credible organization, but BON failed to organize a credible debate. BON and a BON organized debate are two separate and distinct entities.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by osoisi: 10:22pm On Mar 28, 2011
9ijaMan:

Sorry pal, I need not do any convincing, it's very much obvious the media chat aint credible. However it is certainly not my problem if you fail to discern between a BON organized debate and BON as a body. Let me come down a bit to your level of understanding. Here it is: BON may be a credible organization, but BON failed to organize a credible debate. BON and a BON organized debate are two separate and distinct entities.
Understanding that my level is very different from yours I cant seem to understand how something that is credible gives birth to something that isnt credible. That last time i checked monkey dey born monkey grin
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Kobojunkie: 10:23pm On Mar 28, 2011
osoisi:

osoisi:

You posted that rule, right? OK . . . according to advice #1, you may need to read the thread before commenting too . . .  ROFLMAO!!!

They questioned the credibility of the debate itself . . . not the credibility of the organizers. In the NN24 case however, the credibility of the organizer was what was questioned -- when you automatically question the credibility of the organizer, you question the credibility of the debate.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by osoisi: 10:24pm On Mar 28, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You posted that rule, right? OK . . . following that your advice #1, you may need to read the thread before commenting too . . .  ROFLMAO!!!

They questioned the credibility of the debate itself . . . not the credibility of the organizers. In the NN24 case however, the credibility of the organizer was what was questioned -- when you automatically question the credibility of the organizer, you question the credibility of the debate.
you said it all. 1 + 1 equals?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Describe Nigeria In Few Sentences........... / President Buhari Hails Goodluck Jonathan At 64 / Hardship: 80-Year-Old Man Commits Suicide In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.