Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,352 members, 7,888,121 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:56 PM

Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds (32436 Views)

Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) / Tyson Fury Calls Anthony Joshua Out For A Fight To Defend His WBC Belt (video) / Tyson Fury: I Can Beat Wilder And Anthony Joshua On The Same Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by Nobody: 5:57am On Jan 05, 2021
sammysmiles:
Omo dat guy go beat joshua anyhow ooooo... With Im long hand...

It is a possibility but the fact is this, he has no KO punch power in him but he is mentally strong and a very brave boxer

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by TBadd(m): 5:59am On Jan 05, 2021
Mouthhhhhh.....
Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by searchng4love: 6:00am On Jan 05, 2021
Jaycobbs:
AJ is an unpredictable fighter. One of the things that makes him dangerous is that he has no set fighting tactic that opponent can observe and fight against. He could come at you with heavy punches or fancy footwork.

Fury is also a formidable fighter. He's very, very fast. He has great upper body movement. Watch his fights. You'll see him avoiding blows while standing face to face with his opponent, and without bringing his arms up in defence. He'll twist and turn under everything.

He's also one hell of a tactician. We can see how he readjusted his fighting skill, second time around with Wilder.

Make no mistake about it. Wilder was as dangerous as advertised, and his "get-out-of-jail" right-hand doesn't have a match. What Fury succeeded in doing was make that right hand useless by fighting in close range with Wilder (the right hand is a long-range weapon and Wilder uses it by allowing it to gather momentum, before it crashes down on the head of his opponents).

Fury also knocked Wilder down several times, which hadn't ever happened in Wilder's career. There are both physical and psychological effects to that. Fury spent a good amount of time in the second fight leaning his body weight on Wilder, and depleting his energy reserves considerably. Add to the fact that the stupid Wilder had worn a 40-pound bronze costume before the fight -- unnecessary weight he didn't need.

I'm breaking down the Wilder-Fury fight because it shows Fury at his best.

It would be detrimental to dismiss Fury as babbling idiot. He plays and preys on his opponents psychologically with talks like this before every match. And it has worked for him

Even though Fury is not as decorated as AJ, I respect him very much.

AJ is good. Very good. And unpredictable, which is an advantage.

But I'll still put the odds on Fury, 55% to AJ's 45%.

Nice analysis. But go back and watch at least ten of Fury's previous fights.... He's good but not excellent. He's no warrior. Which is what AJ is. AJ is too underrated. Maybe because he's black.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by Basicend: 6:06am On Jan 05, 2021
Dijita:
You are an empty drum making the loudest mouth. Please wait for your turn

This guy no be empty drum o. . But I just hope AJ may get something out of this sha....
Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by meobizy(f): 6:08am On Jan 05, 2021
Joshua can't take the punishment this guy doled on Wilder. However, it won't end in two rounds, more like five or six.
Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by ECHICHE: 6:15am On Jan 05, 2021
Anything can happen on the boxing ring.

Many champions have lost their title by mistake.
Both Fury and Joshua are experience champion. While Fury is bragging to knock AJ in 2 round, he should also realize that AJ is preparing to win him by all means.

2 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by otipoju(m): 6:17am On Jan 05, 2021
sammysmiles:

Joshua will beat Fury Silly. Those feints will not deter Joshua from trading with Fury in the phone booth.

Fury has got pillow fists and Joshua has nothing to fear as Fury has no natural power in his punches. Wilder was such a horrible boxer without the basic fundamentals and was looking for only one punch all through which Fury could see feom afar and slip. Joshua has a variety of tools and slip, side step, feint, jab uppecut, hooks. Straight right...so many and has raw power

Fury is in for a hell of a night.

5 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by peterdrock001(m): 6:23am On Jan 05, 2021
My take is that Anthony Joshua should do his best to shut this guy up

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by ORIGENAL(m): 6:24am On Jan 05, 2021
The guy go beat AJ for sure but not as he said
Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by Forzap: 6:28am On Jan 05, 2021
sammysmiles:
I don't think joshua will even stand Wilder talk more fury

lol, same wilder that avoided Aj and went ahead to fight fury, thinking fury was finished because he hasn't fought in 2yrs

Aj will beat the hell out of wilder that wan sure pass!!

3 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by Forzap: 6:35am On Jan 05, 2021
Viknat:
Joshua dey avoid real punchers since o. Na so e avoid Wilder for negotiation till fury tell am say Edey fear Wilder to his face. Of course, fury was happy and eager to fight Wilder we see how both fights be with wilder.to be frank fury go outclass Joshua. They are no mates

you lied!! it was wilder who avoided Aj because he was offered more money to Aj

na wilder use im mouth talk am sef

4 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by duality(m): 6:35am On Jan 05, 2021
They should fix date jare.
Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by rolams(m): 6:36am On Jan 05, 2021
EmekaBlue:
Joshua dey fear this guy

Fear who? Do you remember A.J publicly challenged him after he (A.J) defeated Klitschko?

Fear kor tear ni!

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by lecowas: 6:42am On Jan 05, 2021
AJ is a great boxer and has also evolved greatly,most of his fights were dangerous fights but he neutralized them and made it look easy. Take for instance the Pulev fight, he fought exactly the same style as Pulev and Pulev got confused. Fury and all of his fan girls are in for a shocker. Imagine a guy who has a pillow fist and a ton of controversial wins hanging around his neck claiming he will knock AJ out in two, and his fan girls took it like that���

5 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by femi4: 6:43am On Jan 05, 2021
It's taking them forever to put them together in the ring
Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by KosiGee(m): 6:43am On Jan 05, 2021
Tyson Fury is comparing the potential fight to the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight but saying that Pacquiao was past his best was utter nonsense.
He made it sound like a 25 year old Mayweather fought and outclassed a 38 year old near retiring Pacquiao but it should be the other way round.
Mayweather is nearly two years older than Pacquiao so who should be fitter.

Mayweather was born on 24th Feb. 1977 while Pacquiao was born on 17 Dec, 1978...That’s nearly two years age gap between them. If one of them should be complaining of lack of fitness, it should be Floyd. Floyd Mayweather outboxed and outsmarted the PacMan simple.

Tyson Fury’s arrogance will be his Achilles. I do agree with him on the Anthony Joshua’s confidence issues but I do believe that if Joshua sorts himself, he has more than enough to school and shut Tyson Fury’s mouth.

4 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by searchng4love: 6:49am On Jan 05, 2021
ECHICHE:
Anything can happen on the boxing ring.

Many champions have lost their title by mistake.
Both Fury and Joshua are experience champion. While Fury is bragging to knock AJ in 2 round, he should also realize that AJ is preparing to win him by all means.
AJ is the only experienced champion here.
Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by jaxxy(m): 6:49am On Jan 05, 2021
otipoju:
Tyson Fury...liar of the year. Anything to paint Joshua bad.
Your day of reckoning will soon be here.

Both men are skillful

Joshua has slower hands. Fury faster hands

Joshua has more power

Fury has better endurance than Joshua, can take more hits.

Fury has better or equal reach as Joshua.

It won’t be an easy fight. The odds are against Joshua unless he works on his weaknesses. I’m yet to know or study fury’s weakness. undecided

Only way to beat fury will be technique and power. If Joshua dare goes into a direct brawl like wilder he will come out bloodied or knocked out even. Unless he has built his endurance limits.

Mayweather uses technique and avoids brawls and hits till he deals with u. Joshua must do same.
Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by Kachi4christ(m): 6:50am On Jan 05, 2021
sammysmiles:
I don't think joshua will even stand Wilder talk more fury
no one believes AJ will reach the level he is right now, believe me he will prove all you that doubt him and become the undisputed heavy weight champion of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 05, 2021
This was exactly how Wilder started making noise till Fury knocked him out,now Fury seems to be towing the same path as Wilder..........will Joshua do to him what he did to Wilder?......in the end,may the best man win
Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 05, 2021
Like for Joshua,share for Fury...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by searchng4love: 6:57am On Jan 05, 2021
toobusy:
Like for Joshua,share for Fury...
Dead on arrival
Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by Minjim: 6:58am On Jan 05, 2021
sammysmiles:

That's how you Igbos say.
You all came here saying Coasta will beat Izzy, Pulev will beat AJ.

It'll always end in tears 4 you'all

2 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by ekevwe(m): 6:58am On Jan 05, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

https://punchng.com/ill-knock-joshua-out-within-two-rounds-says-fury/
see betting tips. Under 2.5 rounds. Make una maxbet oo.

Lol
Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by Minjim: 6:59am On Jan 05, 2021
jaxxy:

Both men are skillful

Joshua has slower hands. Fury faster hands

Joshua has more power

Fury has better endurance than Joshua, can take more hits.

Fury has better or equal reach as Joshua.

It won’t be an easy fight. The odds are against Joshua unless he works on his weaknesses. I’m yet to know or study fury’s weakness. undecided

Only way to beat fury will be technique and power. If Joshua dare goes into a direct brawl like wilder he will come out bloodied or knocked out even. Unless he has built his endurance limits.

Mayweather uses technique and avoids brawls and hits till he deals with u. Joshua must do same.

Trust me, AJ is taking tips from Mayweather
Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by OyinO: 7:02am On Jan 05, 2021
sammysmiles:

Joshua has short hands baah? If them join your two hands, e never reach one of Anthony Joshua's. If na by long hand, Klitschko for beat Anthony Joshua.

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by Baselm: 7:05am On Jan 05, 2021
Viknat:
Joshua dey avoid real punchers since o. Na so e avoid Wilder for negotiation till fury tell am say Edey fear Wilder to his face. Of course, fury was happy and eager to fight Wilder we see how both fights be with wilder.to be frank fury go outclass Joshua. They are no mates

You don't know boxing, add the CVs of fury and wilder, e no reach A.J CV. this Fury has only fought 2 top guys Klitschko and Wilder, while Wilder has been fighting bums in one round before he decided to face Fury, thinking it would be easy to beat a man who has been out for long.

A.J has just 26 fights and more belts than any of them because he has been fighting the best around. AJ only fights champions, former champions and mandatory challengers. Of the present top 10 heavyweights, he has fought Whyte, Ruiz, Parker,Pulev, Povetkin. A.J avoids nobody, everytime he fights he is fighting a top guy.

Wilder has come out to say A.J was offering him more money when he decided to fight Fury when fury refused to give him a trilogy, so who was running from who??

2 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by searchng4love: 7:09am On Jan 05, 2021
OyinO:

Joshua has short hands baah? If them join your two hands, e never reach one of Anthony Joshua's. If na by long hand, Klitschko for beat Anthony Joshua.
Hahahaha wicked punchline

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by OmoAkin85: 7:15am On Jan 05, 2021
Viknat:
you are talking trash,wilder is d one avoiding joshua

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by iamkneeyi: 7:16am On Jan 05, 2021
sammysmiles:
Fight that AJ has been avoiding for quite a while now....
He knows Fury is not a talking drum that only talks when beaten..
....Aj is not a coward...he is very obedient to his manager...he play boxing politics too....im sure Aj will beat fury 100 percent..
Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by Johnnyplus01k(m): 7:18am On Jan 05, 2021
Clash of the titans, all na wash. AJ for life

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds by Josywhyte: 7:21am On Jan 05, 2021
flemsy15:
Ladies and gentlemen, please it's official, there will be no 3rd round when Anthony Joshua meets Fury grin grin grin grin grin Please DJ Cuppy should avoid meeting AJ till after the fight so dat Baba go concentrate and shock big mouth Fury.

I'm done talking about these British boxers, please where is our Samuel Peter?

Samuel Peter is busy enjoying his retirement money

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ighalo Joins Yekini, Uche In Ranks Of Nigeria's Hat Trick Heroes / Manchester United Confirm Ander Herrera Exit, Fans React (Photos) / Andy Ruiz: Anthony Joshua Is Not Good At Boxing And 'I Will Beat Him In Rematch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.