Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,698 members, 7,889,222 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:55 AM

Dangote: I'm Worth Much More Than Oprah Winfrey! - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote: I'm Worth Much More Than Oprah Winfrey! (27865 Views)

Poll: Is Dangote really richer than Oprah Winfrey?

Yes: 57% (81 votes)
No: 42% (61 votes)
This poll has ended

Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. / Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! / Aliko Dangote Is $2.5 Billion Richer Than Oprah Winfrey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote: I'm Worth Much More Than Oprah Winfrey! by Naijex: 12:43am On Dec 28, 2008
Do you know how many people Dangoto has ran out of biz because he does not want competitor?

Allah dey.
Re: Dangote: I'm Worth Much More Than Oprah Winfrey! by oladayo042: 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2009
FYI Dangote now worth up to $4 billion. The man is damn Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiich
Re: Dangote: I'm Worth Much More Than Oprah Winfrey! by adamondroc(m): 7:30pm On Jul 21, 2009
His worth or not we the present generation have to tap into the wealth in our head and be the best we can, crete our own opportunities and conquer every circumstance on our way, this is the best time to be wealthy in our Nigeria and we have no excuse with so much information flying around, http://millionairesforum.
Re: Dangote: I'm Worth Much More Than Oprah Winfrey! by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 23, 2009
Damn! See all the envy and hatred spewing from people. To the people that asked about "how he has helped the less privileged", do you expect him to throw money at you from an airplane? This man has built companies, and employed NIGERIANS. That means he has reduced unemployment to an extent, and provided for more families than you who are criticizing can imagine.
No one is perfect, and we should be happy and celebrate our own. Its easy to pull down and say things like he's corrupt and all that, but what have YOU done, to reduce the unemployment problems? I prefer people like him and Adenuga to all those corrupt military men who ran the country down.
And I will leave all of you with this saying,
"If you criticize the rich, you cannot be one of them",
Re: Dangote: I'm Worth Much More Than Oprah Winfrey! by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 23, 2009
Also, let me remind you, that while its good to help the less privileged, its not a right of theirs. We need to get rid of this entitlement mentality, that makes us think we have a right to "eat" from peoples achievements. The more handouts you crave, and receive, the more you hinder your own chances to grow into a provider yourself,

Gosh, so much negative energy on this thread, but well, people always envy you, so it aint an issue, no wonder people subconsciously fear success. But only weak ones will allow that to stop them from achieving.
Dangote, ride on, you don't feed me, but I admire you, and we need more people like you!
Re: Dangote: I'm Worth Much More Than Oprah Winfrey! by TaniCarr(f): 7:23pm On Jun 20, 2010
Then why doesnt he invest in Africa the way she does?
Re: Dangote: I'm Worth Much More Than Oprah Winfrey! by dlox01(m): 11:19am On Jun 22, 2010
DANGOTE IS RICHER THAN OPRAH!!!
FORBES ONLY PUBLISHES INFO THEY CAN LAY THIER HANDS ON,SO, THAT DOSNT MEAN THERE ARENT PEOPLE RICHER THAT THE ONES PUBLISHED. IF DANGOTE CAN CONFIDENTLY SAY HE IS RICHER THAN OPRAH THEN HE IS RICHER THAN OPRAH, ITS OBVIOUS HE THINKS HE IS WORTH MORE THAN 1.5 BILLION DOLLARS, SO HE IS INVITING FORBES TO DO THIER RESEACH ON HIM WHICH I THINK IS PURE CONFIDENCE AND NOT BOASTING!!!!
OPRAH IS LIKE A gOD TO THE US, BUT DANGOTE HAS LOADS OF PEOPLE IN NIGERIA UNDER HIS PAYROLL TOO. HE ISNT COMPARING HIS PERSONALLITY TO OPRAHS BUT HIS WEALTH. IF I AM WORTH MORE THAN 1.5 BILLION I SHOULDNT BE AFRAID TO SAY IT TO A MAGAZINE CALLED FORBES 'FORBES NO BE CIA,FBI OR EFCC NAW'
IF DANGOTE HAS A TOTAL WEALTH OF 8 BILLION HE IS SAYING THE PROCEEDS AND CLEAN MONEY IS WAY MORE THAN 1.5 BILLION.
ON FORBES LIST YOU WILL SEE THE 20TH RICHEST MAN WITH WORTH OF 3.5 BILLION AND THE 21ST RICHEST MAN 2.6 BILLION, SO ARE YOU SAYING THERES NOBODY ON PLANET EARTH BETWEEN THE FIGURE 3.5 AND 2.6 undecided, FORBES WORKS ON INFORMATION THEY GET.
YOU ALL REALLY HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR ORIENTATION, AMERICA AND MANY OTHER ECONOMIES ARE MORE PRIDICTABLE AND HAS A SYSTEM THAT WORKS AND CAN TELL YOU ALOT BOUT THIER CITIZENS BUT 'UNDER'DEVELOPED COUNTRIES LIKE MY DEAR NAIJA THINGS WORK DIFFRENTLY AND SOME PEOPLE HAVE AMASED CRAZY WEALTH BEYOND WHAT YOU ARE ALL TALKING ABOUT. TAKE A LOOK AT THE MEXICAN 'Carlos Slim' (THE WORLDS RICHEST MAN) IN A POVERTY STICKEN COUNTRY AND HE DOESNT DO MUCH FOR HIS PEOPLE EITHER. POINT IS,DONT THINK COZ DANGOTE IS NIGERIAN OR STAYS HERE OR INVESTS IN NIGERIA DOSNT MAKE HIM A BILLIONARE,DONT BE BIASE, THERE ARE BILLIONARES EVERYWHERE NOW SEF!!
Re: Dangote: I'm Worth Much More Than Oprah Winfrey! by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 30, 2010
U guys crack me up, DANGOTE, RICHER THAN OPRAH WINFREY, JUST CRAZY! DANGOTE SHOULD BE RICHER BUT MOST OF HIS LOOT IS UNDOCUMENTED SO THEREFORE INVALID, OPRAH ON THE OTHER HAND, IS VERY VISIBLE, THE RICHEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD, MADE OVER 315 MILLION DOLLARS JUST FROM T.V RIGHTS LAST YEAR, THIS WOMAN JUST RELEASED A BOOK THAT SOLD OVER 10 MILLION COPIES AT A RATE OF 50 DOLLARS EACH, SHE HAS A NET WORTH OF ABOUT 2.4 BILLION DOLLARS MUCH MORE IMPRESSIVE THAN DANGOTE'S REPORTED NET WORTH,  LET THIS MAN DOCUMENT HIS EARNINGS AND ONLY THEN CAN THE WORLD TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY
Re: Dangote: I'm Worth Much More Than Oprah Winfrey! by dlox01(m): 10:39am On Aug 02, 2010
if they say nigeriaz wealthiest man is worth 1 million naira, well i guess ibrahim will probably protest if he is worth more than that, this is the case right now, dangote knows he is worth more than 1.5 billion dolls, he has seen the figures n its left for forbes to check it out. you are talking about 10million copies at 50 dolls, think of cement through monopoly for 150 mill people with capital that isnt his.

LMAO, just when i finished typing this i looked at the august edition of forbes and dangote is 2.5billion dollar richer dan oprah, even adenuga is 2wice as rich as oprah!!!!LOL, tongue tongue tongue i guess there is no contest here 2.5 billion dolls is not naira o,
Re: Dangote: I'm Worth Much More Than Oprah Winfrey! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 02, 2010
Re: Dangote: I'm Worth Much More Than Oprah Winfrey!
« #296 on: Today at 10:39:46 AM »
if they say nigeriaz wealthiest man is worth 1 million naira, well i guess ibrahim will probably protest if he is worth more than that, this is the case right now, dangote knows he is worth more than 1.5 billion dolls, he has seen the figures n its left for forbes to check it out. you are talking about 10million copies at 50 dolls, think of cement through monopoly for 150 mill people with capital that isnt his.

LMAO, just when i finished typing this i looked at the august edition of forbes and dangote is 2.5billion dollar richer dan oprah, even adenuga is 2wice as rich as oprah!!!!LOL, i guess there is no contest here 2.5 billion dolls is not naira o,

Guy which edition of forbes did u look, Adenuga what an insult, for the latest edition of forbes, check the link below b4 u comment

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/10/billionaires-2010_The-Worlds-Billionaires_Rank_17.html (oprah)

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/10/billionaires-2010_The-Worlds-Billionaires_Rank_19.html (dangote)
Re: Dangote: I'm Worth Much More Than Oprah Winfrey! by whiteroses(f): 10:50pm On Dec 21, 2010
gotta find a way to tap into his wealth tho, hope they pay child support in nigeria lol jk
Re: Dangote: I'm Worth Much More Than Oprah Winfrey! by whiteroses(f): 10:57pm On Dec 21, 2010
buh seriously why is he comparing himself to oprah? business tycoon vs talk show host? thats like Lilwayne boasting he is richer than Lala of VH1 or was he bored?
Re: Dangote: I'm Worth Much More Than Oprah Winfrey! by babestella: 6:35am On May 16, 2011
Take note:

1. Dangote staffs are grossly underpaid.

2. He takes all the loan facilities that is meant for all Nigerian enterprenuers. The loan is packaged and given to one man.

3. Oprah never take loan from banks.

4. Abajana cement factory was built with 19 billion Naira bank facility raise by 9 banks.

5. Monopolized business that is meant for all Nigerians, today lots of people have money to import rice, sugar, salt and cement which are hot selling products, but the case is the reverse, one man is doing all that alone, politricks in Nigeria.

In doing business in USA, there is a level playing ground at least up to 70%, but in Nigeria, the level playing ground for businessmen is less than 5%.

I think he really needs to do a reassessment to know if he is worth more than Oprah.
Re: Dangote: I'm Worth Much More Than Oprah Winfrey! by atasteve: 3:12pm On May 17, 2011
Since we are claiming that Dangote got his wealth from unethical transactions, when are the youths of today going to arise and do it right It starts with us all and our attitude towards life. MONEY is VALUE. Add values and you make cool money, it is that easy.
Re: Dangote: I'm Worth Much More Than Oprah Winfrey! by dlox01(m): 11:49am On Jun 20, 2011
U guys crack me up, DANGOTE, RICHER THAN OPRAH WINFREY, JUST CRAZY! DANGOTE SHOULD BE RICHER BUT MOST OF HIS LOOT IS UNDOCUMENTED SO THEREFORE INVALID, OPRAH ON THE OTHER HAND, IS VERY VISIBLE, THE RICHEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD, MADE OVER 315 MILLION DOLLARS JUST FROM T.V RIGHTS LAST YEAR, THIS WOMAN JUST RELEASED A BOOK THAT SOLD OVER 10 MILLION COPIES AT A RATE OF 50 DOLLARS EACH, SHE HAS A NET WORTH OF ABOUT 2.4 BILLION DOLLARS MUCH MORE IMPRESSIVE THAN DANGOTE'S REPORTED NET WORTH, LET THIS MAN DOCUMENT HIS EARNINGS AND ONLY THEN CAN THE WORLD TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY

@ ibrahim621 , DO WE STILL CRACK YOU UP?? LMAO, WHO IS RICHER, DANGOTE OR OPRAH? PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ANSWER HERE, PTSHEWWWW RUBBISH angry
Re: Dangote: I'm Worth Much More Than Oprah Winfrey! by temiade(f): 9:22pm On Jun 24, 2011
smiley smiley smileyok first apologies for posting this unrelated comment here but i posted it here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-697802.0.html yesterday and no one helped/responded:

So here is d deal. I am not in Nigeria at the moment though I was home for a year last year till sometime this year.

Basically, I want to generate more sales for my business and I am looking for the ideal give-away prize or prizes
to use. I want to do a Refer A friend type of sales promotion where I give the top 10 referees
gifts of ipod shuffles and iPad2 cases or whatever is not more than $50 each.
But I am not sure if these prizes are encouraging enough to my market.

Please can you suggest any prizes that I can use to encourage woo people
to telling their friends and family about my products and service.
What is the new trend in naija now (the thing that everyone wants to have) especially
the internet savvy type people. or may b hair do giveaway or skincare products?
Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB / Can I Change My BVN Picture? / Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.