Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,134 members, 7,887,278 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:42 AM

Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery (31818 Views)

New Scam: Otp Internet Technology, Oregun / New Scam Alert / New Scam Method On Paxful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by bragamycin: 8:16pm On May 09, 2021
Akpuobi1:
Oga OP, what are you writing?

Read your post again. Did you understand yourself?

READ it slowly, you will understand....

She Dey reprint POS receipts . When other customers come, she go tell u say POS no Dey available that u can do Transfer to her account.. if the money wey pple don transfer enter her account don reach the amount wey she reprint, she go carry the reprints go give accountants..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by mariahAngel(f): 8:17pm On May 09, 2021
Ishilove:

MejiLo.yon na ma real nigaarrrr and sweetheart so leave am for me like that. We are not complaining grin

Oya send tfare make I show na. No fall my hand wink kiss

Ishi, where you dey go? I go tell! grin
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by snoopanddre(m): 8:17pm On May 09, 2021
PlayMaker14:
"Thief nor dey thief Thief"

What a stupid way to expose yourself.
You never hear this kind talk b4 for dis Nigeria.? What he meant was u don't s
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Ishilove: 8:19pm On May 09, 2021
mariahAngel:

Ishi, where you dey go? I go tell! grin
Ocean basket grin
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by bragamycin: 8:20pm On May 09, 2021
Perfect...
It seems she and the accountants are doing the scam together.

Cos when I use to work for someone , the last thing we do at night is to print out all the receipts for that day and do our calculations.
CLASSMAN:
There is something on pos called eod(end of day transaction). So that should settle ur account

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by mariahAngel(f): 8:22pm On May 09, 2021
Ishilove:

Ocean basket grin

No go ooo! Uwa dikwa egwu this time around! grin

I no wan find you o!
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by IamAsiri: 8:23pm On May 09, 2021
Joysticks:
A reprint carries same serial numbers of the previous print.So it will be easy for a professional accountant to detect a reprinted POS merchant receipt.Any duplicate will carry same serial number.

You are very right! It's just that it takes one with due diligence and the intention of catching a thief to catch that irregularity. @mejiloyon, this should help too as suggested by Joysticks. Get the receipts with the same serial number and staple them together. It's possible that she doesn't even give some customers their receipts so that she can later make use of them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by PlayMaker14: 8:24pm On May 09, 2021
mariahAngel:

No go ooo! Uwa dikwa egwu this time around! grin

I no wan find you o!
Crase... Ishilove when full ground remain? Who fit Kidnap am? grin
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by officialmario(m): 8:24pm On May 09, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Talking through the nose does it mean you're talking through the nose?
It's an advise for entrepreneurs. Go and watch cartoon
lol... you really downgrade the guy watch cartoon.

1 Like

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by femi4: 8:24pm On May 09, 2021
Ishilove:
The future is female. Don't try us o, what a man can do, a woman can do it 10 times better grin
grin
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by fitirela: 8:24pm On May 09, 2021
Good insights

1 Like

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by snoopanddre(m): 8:26pm On May 09, 2021
PlayMaker14:
"Thief nor dey thief Thief"

What a stupid way to expose yourself.
You never hear this kind talk b4 for dis Nigeria ? What he meant was u don't try to outsmart a wise or clever person by way of stealing or pure trickery.

1 Like

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Danniedpastor(m): 8:26pm On May 09, 2021
Joysticks:
MejiLoyon,No pos can print 2 merchant copies of same transaction.The op dey lie.You can only print one customer copy and merchant copy.Pos no mumu like that.

You are wrong sir.
Mine can print as many merchant's copy as you want.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by henrijin: 8:26pm On May 09, 2021
Issorite.

This is what reconciliation will detect sharp sharp. But, Nigerian entrepreneurs don't like consulting key people. You need accountants like us. You need lawyers too. But NO.

1 Like

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by PlayMaker14: 8:27pm On May 09, 2021
snoopanddre:
You never hear this kind talk b4 for dis Nigeria ? What he meant was u don't try to outsmart a wise or clever person by way of stealing or pure trickery.
I know that Oga, we're just having a go at each other...

Nor mind us. cheesy
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by mariahAngel(f): 8:28pm On May 09, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Crase... Ishilove when full ground remain? Who fit Kidnap am? grin

Jason, don't spoil my Ishi!

Leave her alone. grin
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Sariel(m): 8:28pm On May 09, 2021
CLASSMAN:
There is something on pos called eod(end of day transaction). So that should settle ur account

Abeg tell them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Trustedpronet: 8:28pm On May 09, 2021
Some of us that are employer have seen worst senerio.

I remembered one of my staff those days that I will ask to deposit 50k to the bank he will deposit 5k and bring 50k teller to me. Or the one that will go as far as condemning you to your customers.

kept saying this! Nigerians are our leaders and our leaders are Nigerians. Many are lazy and just out to distroy destinies. If you see Nigeria workers being over zealous...watch out he might be your down fall.

I can't count how much I have lost from employee. Entrepreneurs in Nigeria are heroes but majority are painting them in bad light.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by 1MILLIONLiGHTS(m): 8:29pm On May 09, 2021
Nigerian employees. Its not just the politicians alone.

3 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Sariel(m): 8:29pm On May 09, 2021
Joysticks:
MejiLoyon,No pos can print 2 merchant copies of same transaction.The op dey lie.You can only print one customer copy and merchant copy.Pos no mumu like that.

There is an option to reprint last transaction Sir

2 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by PlayMaker14: 8:30pm On May 09, 2021
mariahAngel:

Jason, don't spoil my Ishi!

Leave her alone. grin
Ishi when don spoil finish? grin

Biko hapรบ dat thing. She go come next weekend.
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 09, 2021
IamAsiri:

You are very right! It's just that it takes one with due diligence and the intention of catching a thief to catch that irregularity. @mejiloyon, this should help too as suggested by Joysticks. Get the receipts with the same serial number and staple them together. It's possible that she doesn't even give some customers their receipts so that she can later make use of them.
Thanks.There are two receipts that the pos machine will print.A merchant copy,for keeping record of sales,and customer copy,that is giving to the customer.If you make another print of merchant and customer copies,they will carry the same information of the previous prints you have made.Except you carry out another transaction.The Op can trace his employee suspect with all the merchant receipts she staple together as sales.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by kingmsookwagh(m): 8:31pm On May 09, 2021
Oo! I've got a win win situation. There are different ways to knack in that industry, you only figured one out.

While I will bring my own Hennessey of lesser price from home and sell at the hotel's price and you still have yours intact. If you ask, I'll tell you,; OGA WE NO SELL AM TODAY!!!!
YOU SEE!!!

by then, that one would have entered my own personal account. The security men at the gate can be bought and the cartel goes on.

13 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by IamHonourable1: 8:32pm On May 09, 2021
[quote author=funstufz post=101523063]I don't get it...

The analysis

You will comprehend when you get there
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by mariahAngel(f): 8:34pm On May 09, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Ishi when don spoil finish? grin

Biko hapรบ dat thing. She go come next weekend.

Go away! grin
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by pendusky(m): 8:34pm On May 09, 2021
Akpuobi1:
Oga OP, what are you writing?

Read your post again. Did you understand yourself?

We understand it very well, if you are employer you should.
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by IamAsiri: 8:35pm On May 09, 2021
Joysticks:
Thanks.There are two receipts that the pos machine will print.A merchant copy,for keeping record of sales,and customer copy,that is giving to the customer.If you make another print of merchant and customer copies,they will carry the same information of the previous prints you have made.Except you carry out another transaction.The Op can trace his employee suspect with all the merchant receipts she staple together as sales.

Yes. It will definitely make it extremely easy to trace now, since she always had a balanced account.

1 Like

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Globad(f): 8:36pm On May 09, 2021
kingmsookwagh:
Oo! I got a win win situation. There are different ways to knack in that industry, you only figured one out.

Why I can bring my own Hennessey of lesser price from home and sell at the hotel's price while you still have yours intact. If you ask, I'll tell you,; OGA WE NO SELL AM TODAY!!!!
YOU SEE!!!

by then, that one would have entered my own personal account. The security men at the gate can be bought and the cartel goes on.

This is an old trick

4 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Jefferyhi86(m): 8:36pm On May 09, 2021
It's a normal tin as hospitality is concern, d best way any one who paid tru pos should just write his or her name behind d merchant copy including date n amount, so as to know who did such transactions

2 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by femi4: 8:36pm On May 09, 2021
funstufz:
I don't get it...

The analysis
She printed two copies of N20k receipt for some 20k item bought using POS. She ll remit one then collected cash/transfer in the next transaction and tendered the other receipt when the amount is up to 20k

1 Like

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by PlayMaker14: 8:37pm On May 09, 2021
mariahAngel:

Go away! grin
I have been consuming Plantains in readiness for her arrival.... I don grab for everywhere.

She go tell una story for the next meeting.

1 Like

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Danniedpastor(m): 8:37pm On May 09, 2021
Joysticks:
Some Nigeria employees are exploitative.They want employees to work their asses out meanwhile,they don't pay well.How much does the op pays his staff?It will not be more than #20k.

Did he force the staff to accept the job?
If what you are earning is too small, request for a raise or leave the place. Stealing is not an option O.

And don't expect an employee to pay you with all his profits. At least have management empathy.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote / Why You Have No Excuse To Be Broke! / Binance Drops Naira From P2P Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.