Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,840 members, 7,872,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:43 PM

Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery (31779 Views)

New Scam: Otp Internet Technology, Oregun / New Scam Alert / New Scam Method On Paxful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by femi4: 8:42pm On May 09, 2021
Joysticks:
Some Nigeria employees are exploitative.They want employees to work their asses out meanwhile,they don't pay well.How much does the op pays his staff?It will not be more than #20k.
If your employer welfare package isn't good, you quit. You don't use that as an excuse to steal by trick

4 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by iamNifemi(m): 8:44pm On May 09, 2021
You fit waka dey piss at d same tym??
Ishilove:
The future is female. Don't try us o, what a man can do, a woman can do it 10 times better grin
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by cayorday89(m): 8:45pm On May 09, 2021
Akpuobi1:
Oga OP, what are you writing?

Read your post again. Did you understand yourself?
You can only understand if you have witnessed what is been discussed here.. As a former supervisor, the POS is the best way to steal money in the sense that, receipts can be reprinted either legally or fraudulently.. Close to a million Naira was stolen by the staffs then and it happened several times when ever the management loose guard.. For everyone out tjere, the easiest way to detect POS fraud on a daily is to print end of day account receipt and when the machine total is lesser than the remitted total, fraud has definitely occurred.. #mejiloyon

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Ishilove: 8:46pm On May 09, 2021
mariahAngel:

No go ooo! Uwa dikwa egwu this time around! grin

I no wan find you o!
If I go sef Jason go shift my womb so make I respect myself and dey my dey grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by mariahAngel(f): 8:47pm On May 09, 2021
Joysticks:
Some Nigeria employees are exploitative.They want employees to work their asses out meanwhile,they don't pay well.How much does the op pays his staff?It will not be more than #20k.

Nothing justifies stealing.
They were not forced to take the job.

2 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Kobicove(m): 8:50pm On May 09, 2021
MejiLoyon:
I help out in a hospitality business. For weeks I have noticed a sharp decline in profits. Despite the fact that patronage has increased noticeably. Projected profits not met despite the increase in consumption.

Wetin dey happen. I investigated every department everything dey go well. This week I faced the bar and restaurant. Told the waiters and barmen to write everything sold. Even to bottled water. I didn't tell them why I just explained that I needed to know how every drink is being consumed so that my suppliers will increase the quantity they bring.

I collated the sales and instead of profit I lost over 50k. Hehehe thief no dey tiff tiff. Entered statement of account from the bar accounts and saw it was balanced with the figure projected. Nice one. Called the staffs. Who owe una....no one. No problem. Collected the pos receipts and boom, caught the thief. You see what she did was she prints a receipt twice. Let's say you bought stuffs worth 20k. She prints it twice. And keeps the merchant copy for two. when someone else pays she tells them POS is not available and then provides an account number. Once the amount is up to 20k she takes that her copy and drops it with the accountant. How she edits it I'll never know. I asked her to go home as if nothing happened. Today she has been picked up. We are still collating her theft. As at one hour ago E don reach 500k. So disappointed.

Make una dey careful out there guys. Some people aim na to destroy you.

The default setting of an average Nigerian employee is to steal...I'm talking from experience based on what I have seen!

2 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by mariahAngel(f): 8:52pm On May 09, 2021
kingmsookwagh:
Oo! I got a win win situation. There are different ways to knack in that industry, you only figured one out.

Why I can bring my own Hennessey of lesser price from home and sell at the hotel's price while you still have yours intact. If you ask, I'll tell you,; OGA WE NO SELL AM TODAY!!!!
YOU SEE!!!

by then, that one would have entered my own personal account. The security men at the gate can be bought and the cartel goes on.
Chai!

Naija, which way?
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by mariahAngel(f): 8:52pm On May 09, 2021
Ishilove:

grin
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Auraby(f): 8:53pm On May 09, 2021
Plut01:

Omo, your manager nah baddazz street man fah. Hope he is already in jail.

He was never arrested. Nemesis is catching up with him already.

1 Like

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 09, 2021
funstufz:
I don't get it...

The analysis

You don't deserve the FTC
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by PlayMaker14: 8:57pm On May 09, 2021
Ishilove:

So you allow mariahAngel the Plantain ambassador to convince you into not coming

Dem write "Womb Shifter" for my forehead?

Where's this disappointment coming from?

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by cayorday89(m): 8:58pm On May 09, 2021
Cnach:

Bro can it be easy? Employer know how many litres on ground o and his gain has been calculated already. Can someone still steal ?
It's not by litres on ground, I worked as a filling station supervisor amd those attendants frauded close to a million Naira, but it was all due to negligence on management part. Alert comes in batches also, so it was always hard to follow up through that, the cashier was new also, and the reprint they made has no reprint on it to indicate it was reprinted.

2 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by PlayMaker14: 8:59pm On May 09, 2021
mariahAngel:

grin
Shey you see what your Aproko has caused? You're happy now abi... No wahala

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by mariahAngel(f): 9:01pm On May 09, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Shey you see what your Aproko has caused? You're happy now abi... No wahala
tongue

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by cayorday89(m): 9:02pm On May 09, 2021
CLASSMAN:
There is something on pos called eod(end of day transaction). So that should settle ur account
It seems most don't know or just too lazy to do it, only supervisors have access to it, even the reprint..
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Funkybabee(f): 9:11pm On May 09, 2021
Problem of hospitality industry

Theft, it kill them faster thank God u got it quickly

Biko if you have nice post for hospitality graduate oo

I am available

2 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by cayorday89(m): 9:11pm On May 09, 2021
Joysticks:
MejiLoyon,No pos can print 2 merchant copies of same transaction.The op dey lie.You can only print one customer copy and merchant copy.Pos no mumu like that.
Most times when we don't experience things we think it's impossible, guys in my place of work then used a trick, when printing, they will open the paper cover when it has printed towards the end part, and the pos detects and thinks paper has been exhausted and it reprints it all over again just like the original copy without the reprint on the top to indicate it was reprinted.. But then those people no send us, we come to work everyday inside corona lockdown and then still owe us three months, those guys no complain and me their supervisor dey wonder as these guys dey live large.. They got to know because they owed people and they were now checking account everyday before they could notice that money wasn't balancing and cashier was new to the job then also...

2 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by NGArmyTerrorist: 9:16pm On May 09, 2021
MejiLoyon:

Talking through the nose does it mean you're talking through the nose?

It's an advise for entrepreneurs. Go and watch cartoon
Very good whiping to that disrespectful soul. Internet had made them not to know when to listen and when to speak to their elders and learn good things. That's just by the way. You did a good job, she will vomit the rest out by all means. Get an auditor to help you out to checkmate if she dey drop appreciation tokens to your accountant.
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Ishilove: 9:30pm On May 09, 2021
PlayMaker14:
So you allow mariahAngel the Plantain ambassador to convince you into not coming

Dem write "Womb Shifter" for my forehead?

Where's this disappointment coming from?
Jason, the fear of womb shifting is the beginning of wisdom so make I dey my dey and maintain the integrity of my waist grin
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by bragamycin: 9:33pm On May 09, 2021
kingmsookwagh:
Oo! I got a win win situation. There are different ways to knack in that industry, you only figured one out.

Why I can bring my own Hennessey of lesser price from home and sell at the hotel's price while you still have yours intact. If you ask, I'll tell you,; OGA WE NO SELL AM TODAY!!!!
YOU SEE!!!

by then, that one would have entered my own personal account. The security men at the gate can be bought and the cartel goes on.

Na y some work place no dey allow anyone carry bag enter , u deposit all on u with security

2 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Ishilove: 9:35pm On May 09, 2021
Auraby:
That was how our manager ruined our business. We later found out he has two buildings, has gas outlet, opened a super mart for his wife. They don't do it with ordinary hand o. We later discovered the jazz he planted in the ceiling. God big pass am sha!
Some people are just terrible! My God
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by ikorodureporta: 9:36pm On May 09, 2021
MejiLoyon:
I help out in a hospitality business. For weeks I have noticed a sharp decline in profits. Despite the fact that patronage has increased noticeably. Projected profits not met despite the increase in consumption.

Wetin dey happen. I investigated every department everything dey go well. This week I faced the bar and restaurant. Told the waiters and barmen to write everything sold. Even to bottled water. I didn't tell them why I just explained that I needed to know how every drink is being consumed so that my suppliers will increase the quantity they bring.

I collated the sales and instead of profit I lost over 50k. Hehehe thief no dey tiff tiff. Entered statement of account from the bar accounts and saw it was balanced with the figure projected. Nice one. Called the staffs. Who owe una....no one. No problem. Collected the pos receipts and boom, caught the thief. You see what she did was she prints a receipt twice. Let's say you bought stuffs worth 20k. She prints it twice. And keeps the merchant copy for two. when someone else pays she tells them POS is not available and then provides an account number. Once the amount is up to 20k she takes that her copy and drops it with the accountant. How she edits it I'll never know. I asked her to go home as if nothing happened. Today she has been picked up. We are still collating her theft. As at one hour ago E don reach 500k. So disappointed.

Make una dey careful out there guys. Some people aim na to destroy you.

This yr maths scatter my head

1 Like

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 09, 2021
iampeterben:

The scams conducted on POS terminals by vendors google it.

If anyone scam you with POS just report to your bank. Your bank will pull the money from the account of the POS owner and return it to you.

2 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by PlayMaker14: 9:36pm On May 09, 2021
Ishilove:

Jason, the fear of womb shifting is the beginning of wisdom so make I dey my dey and maintain the integrity of my waist grin
Come jor, I nor sabi shift womb...

Use Agofure Bus so I fit dey their park wait for you... Na just 2 days pounding. wink

1 Like

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Ishilove: 9:38pm On May 09, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Come jor, I nor sabi shift womb...

Use Agofure Bus so I fit dey their park wait for you... Na just 2 days pounding. wink
A whole two days? Ungun known men sef no fit do that kain damage. You try
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Sariel(m): 9:38pm On May 09, 2021
Joysticks:
A reprint carries same serial numbers of the previous print.So it will be easy for a professional accountant to detect a reprinted POS merchant receipt.Any duplicate will carry same serial number.Sariel.

The Op said the copy is an edited one which means it will not carry the serial number.

2 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by masui(m): 9:40pm On May 09, 2021
PlayMaker14:
I need to leave this country...

Jesus knows this.

No be you alone oo.

Naija matter don tie turban.
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by PlayMaker14: 9:42pm On May 09, 2021
Ishilove:

A whole two days? Ungun known men sef no fit do that kain damage. You try
You dey talk like say ordinary 2days of passionate pounding will cause some damage down there...

See I don't want people viewing this thread to see me as a Womb Shifter....

Try make reservations with Agofure on Thursday, then enter road on Friday morning.

Simple and short.
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Plomo: 9:43pm On May 09, 2021
So you donโ€™t balance your books against your inventory before?

Why dem no go tiff.?

3 Likes

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Ishilove: 9:43pm On May 09, 2021
PlayMaker14:
You dey talk like say ordinary 2days of passionate pounding will cause some damage down there...

See I don't want people viewing this thread to see me as a Womb Shifter....

Try make reservations with Agofure on Thursday, then enter road on Friday morning.

Simple and short.
Are you being serious right now? smiley
Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by Cindy222(f): 9:43pm On May 09, 2021
Hehehehe nice one.....guy man no dey guy-guy man noni....

1 Like

Re: Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery by PlayMaker14: 9:45pm On May 09, 2021
masui:

No be you alone oo.

Naija matter don tie turban.
Make we take Buhari by surprise Bro... Make we run commot for this country for night.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu And Barack Obama Pictured In Chicago / #10YearsChallenge: Femi Otedola Shares 10 Years Throwback Photo / Five Ways Nigeriaโ€™s Currency Flotation Will Affect Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.