Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,292 members, 7,971,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 08:52 PM

Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation (27819 Views)

She Won't Let You Touch The Boobs / TEST: Marry Her If She Can Eat This With You / If She Is Amazing, She Won't Be Easy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by arramyjay: 7:30pm On May 02, 2011
Marriage has nothing to do with changing, firstname,middle or lastname. Funny wht people think marriage is!
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Princek12(m): 8:45pm On May 02, 2011
arramyjay:

Marriage has nothing to do with changing, firstname,middle or lastname. Funny wht people think marriage is!

why do millions of women change their last names upon marriage?
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by CrudeOil1(m): 9:07pm On May 02, 2011
chi-baby:

I pray God will help u find her, Amen
thanks for your prayers.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by chibaby5(f): 10:11pm On May 02, 2011
190:

^Just as he helped me find you cubbycake cool cool

smiley smiley
Crude Oil.:

thanks for your prayers.

U welcome luv, stay blessed
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by MrsChima(f): 10:17pm On May 02, 2011
arramyjay:

Exactly. They are not counting the fact that women in the STONE AGE era had no choice but to change their names to their husband's and women in today's era can choose to keep their last name, hyphenate their names, or change their names to their husband's.

Those poor women back in the day. Too bad rat poison wasn't available but the wars made up for the lack of. cool
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 02, 2011
You had me thinking since you mentioned stone age. Did you know men were allowed to beat their wives back in the day as long as it was before 10pm? Imagine.

Men, women have choices now. If you can't accept that, marry a mumu.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by mansmith(m): 10:29pm On May 02, 2011
if she would share the financial responsibilities in the house,well may be its ok
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by sulad82i(m): 10:33pm On May 02, 2011
As much I would love for my woman to change her last name to mine after marriage, I cant force her to if she does not want. I will try to insist but cant force no one. Being married is more than a name change, cos I see no reason in someone going by your name and the relationship is not worth talking about.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by BABE3: 10:35pm On May 02, 2011
sulad82i:

As much I would love for my woman to change her last name to mine after marriage, I cant force her to if she does not want. I will try to insist but cant force no one. Being married is more than a name change, cos I see no reason in someone going by your name and the relationship is not worth talking about.

DAMNNNNN!!! You've just locked this thread!! Nuff said!!!! wink wink kiss kiss

Note: Any comment(s) below mine is invalid!
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Ndipe(m): 10:53pm On May 02, 2011
How would she want to be addressed in public during a formal introduction, If she decides to keep her maiden name, "Miss" (her father's last name even when she is married). Sometimes some women can be a confused lot. While they are desperate to be a MRS, at the same time, they would rather remain a Miss in paper. You cant have it both ways.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by 190: 10:57pm On May 02, 2011
REALITY101:

Hmm here they are all the bad women on NL speaking from em an[i]us[/i]

@Topic is a 50/50 thing not all that necessary

Gawd i dislike reality for making me laff so hard!!
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 02, 2011
190:

Gawd i dislike reality for making me laff so hard!!

Ya the 1st 2-4 page(s) are bunch of bull from them. Such ladies could wrack a happy home with their I too know nonsense.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 02, 2011
really? hmmmm.
let's speak our opinions without sounding like jackazzes in the process.
wtf does not wanting to have the man's name have to do with happiness?
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by 190: 11:10pm On May 02, 2011
REALITY101:

Ya the 1st 2-4 page(s) are bunch of bull from them. Such ladies could wrack a happy home with their I too know nonsense.

im out of here, good luck in wateva quest u wanna embark on cool
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 02, 2011
Ndipe:

How would she want to be addressed in public during a formal introduction, If she decides to keep her maiden name, "Miss" (her father's last name even when she is married). Sometimes some women can be a confused lot. While they are desperate to be a MRS, at the same time, they would rather remain a Miss in paper. You cant have it both ways.

Not everyone likes titles o. There is nothing wrong with my first name. If titles must be named, "His/Her royal higness" serves fine. Marriage or no marriage, e no go change cool
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by MrsChima(f): 11:16pm On May 02, 2011
I see fruit of loom thongs wearing niggas still riding on each other's nuts and I know they they can't keep a woman and begging for attention from cyber women. How pathetic.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 02, 2011
Not entirely paramount

scenarios like if there is no male heir to carry on the father's name comes to mind

I know I wouldn't mind
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by MrsChima(f): 11:20pm On May 02, 2011
Ndipe:

Even if she keeps her father name or mother name she will still be MRS if she is married.  Miss indicates she is not married.  

I see you haven't been paying attention to the threads.  There are men begging for wives ONLINE and that is PATHETIC.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by andyanders: 11:21pm On May 02, 2011
THIS ISSUE IS ONLY RELEVANT IF THE LADY IN QUESTION HAS ALREADY CARVED  A NAME BEFOR MARRIAGE. THIS IS MOSTLY BY PROFESSIONALS, IN THE FIELD OF ENTERTAINMENT AND THE LIKES OF THAT. SHE CAN AT THAT POINT RETAIN HER FATHER'S NAME. EXAMPLE, CHRISTIANA ESSEIN TO CHRISTIANA ESSEIN-IGBOKWE.

NOT FOR ANY KIND OF LADY THAT NEVER HAVE MADE IT IN LIFE TO  ADD THAT, THAT'S  VULTU-RE FOR YOU  AS SHE GOT  NO PERSONALITY ON HER PARENT'S NAME
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by erico2k2(m): 11:22pm On May 02, 2011
Na wah, 9ja I  ail,on a serious note, if the girl in question is under 25yo  then she fit make shakara,  but if she is above 30, tell her to cange her whole name sef she go agree sharp sharp,lol I recon marriage is more imortant to women than men lolGod help me 4 this talk erm, well even in the western world where we have teh so called indipendent women  lol at nigt time when they hit the sack the feel the lonlyness still.,to settel this matter, if you as a woman decide you dont want to change your last name t your husband's last name  then be prepared to pay 50% of the wedding cost or else hold your peace,una gree or not?oyah females answer  grin grin grin
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by BABE3: 11:28pm On May 02, 2011
andyanders:

THIS ISSUE IS ONLY RELEVANT IF THE LADY IN QUESTION HAS ALREADY CARVED  A NAME BEFOR MARRIAGE. THIS IS MOSTLY BY PROFESSIONALS, IN THE FIELD OF ENTERTAINMENT AND THE LIKES OF THAT. SHE CAN AT THAT POINT RETAIN HER FATHER'S NAME. EXAMPLE, CHRISTIANA ESSEIN TO CHRISTIANA ESSEIN-IGBOKWE.

NOT FOR ANY KIND OF LADY THAT NEVER HAVE MADE IT IN LIFE TO  ADD THAT, THAT'S  VULTU-RE FOR YOU  AS SHE GOT  NO PERSONALITY ON HER PARENT'S NAME

In fact, I think I'm in my arguing  mode today! All comments are now valid.  wink

And if the "ANY KIND OF LADY THAT NEVER MADE IT IN LIFE" lady wants to keep her father's name-- what's the problem/crime/sin in that?

I've been asking that same question since the beginning of this thread. I've not gotten any tangible or reasonable answer--- I'm still waiting-- cool
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by 190: 11:33pm On May 02, 2011
andyanders:

Hahahahahaaaa,

You are Hilarious!! grin grin
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Sweetnecta: 11:40pm On May 02, 2011
This is a problem muslim woman does not have.

God says every person must be known by the father's name. so a wife keeps her father's name.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by MrsChima(f): 11:42pm On May 02, 2011
Sweetnecta:

This is a problem muslim woman does not have.

God says every person must be known by the father's name. so a wife keeps her father's name.

Cool. cool
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by andyanders: 11:43pm On May 02, 2011
@ogugua88 (f)

You are right. There are lots of good ladies out there. Nigerian ladies are far more better than their foreign partners or western world. Most nigerian woman can endure/tolerate their partners than western women. I respect nigerian women a lot no matter their short coming.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by http(m): 11:55pm On May 02, 2011
I will marry her on one condition, she must spend her own money. Kapish
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by 190: 11:55pm On May 02, 2011
andyanders:

@ogugua88 (f)

You are right. There are lots of good ladies out there. Nigerian ladies are far more better than their foreign partners or western world. Most nigerian woman can endure/tolerate their partners than western women.  I respect nigerian women a lot no matter their short coming.

God bless you for your sincere and honest answer
Ogugua you should know this already  wink wink
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 02, 2011
hmmmm.

women choose to keep their names and men start to complain?
do you guys think u will lose your sense of masculinity and manhood because your woman
keeps her name? would u grow a vagiina over night because your woman wants to keep her mother/father's name?
seriously. this is sad guys.

I lost my father and this is the reason I wish to keep his name.
Should I have children with any man sure they will have his name but no man
will EVER replace my father. Only a selfish one would call it quits because I chose to
keep my father's name/legacy alive.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by andyanders: 11:57pm On May 02, 2011
@BABE! (f)And if the "ANY KIND OF LADY THAT NEVER MADE IT IN LIFE" lady wants to keep her father's name-- what's the problem/crime/sin in that?

LISTEN, IF A LADY IS STILL UNDER THE UMBRELLA OF HER PARENTS AND WITHIN THIS PERIOD, SHE NEVER CARVED OUT A "NAME" FOR  HERSELF AS "SELF MADE" THEN, SHE CANNOT AS A MATTER OF FACT, IF ANY MAN WANTS TO GET MARRIED TO HER, DECIDES TO KEEP HER PARENT'S NAME? THEN, THAT IS AN ABOMINATION. NOTHING ATTACHED TO HER NAME. EVEN IF YOU ARE A BANKER BY PROFESSION, YOUR NAME/SURNAME IS STILL LIMITED WITHIN YOUR OFFICE.

LIKE THE LADY WHO WON THE LAST NIGERIAN IDOL, YEKA ONKA, STILL SINGLE AND HAVE MADE NAME, SHE CAN ADD/KEEP/ATTACH HER SURNAME WHEN MARRIED. SHE DESERVES THAT AND SHOULD KEEP HER SURNAME.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 02, 2011
andyanders:

@BABE! (f)And if the "ANY KIND OF LADY THAT NEVER MADE IT IN LIFE" lady wants to keep her father's name-- what's the problem/crime/sin in that?

LISTEN, IF A LADY IS STILL UNDER THE UMBRELLA OF HER PARENTS AND WITHIN THIS PERIOD, SHE NEVER CARVED OUT A "NAME" FOR  HERSELF AS "SELF MADE" THEN, SHE CANNOT AS A MATTER OF FACT, IF ANY MAN WANTS TO GET MARRIED TO HER, DECIDES TO KEEP HER PARENT'S NAME? THEN, THAT IS AN ABOMINATION. NOTHING ATTACHED TO HER NAME. EVEN IF YOU ARE A BANKER BY PROFESSION, YOUR NAME/SURNAME IS STILL LIMITED WITHIN YOUR OFFICE.

[size=13pt]LIKE THE LADY WHO WON THE LAST NIGERIAN IDOL, YEKA ONKA, STILL SINGLE AND HAVE MADE NAME, SHE CAN ADD/KEEP/ATTACH HER SURNAME WHEN MARRIED. SHE DESERVES THAT AND SHOULD KEEP HER SURNAME.[/size]

bull.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by BABE3: 12:03am On May 03, 2011
andyanders:

LIKE THE LADY WHO WON THE LAST NIGERIAN IDOL, YEKA ONKA, STILL SINGLE AND HAVE MADE NAME, SHE CAN ADD/KEEP/ATTACH HER SURNAME WHEN MARRIED. SHE DESERVES THAT AND SHOULD KEEP HER SURNAME.

Chei! I don't comprehend what you're saying o! I don't know if it's the red color that's affecting my eyes and brain.

Pls could you keep it short and simple. Say what you just said in a 2/3 short sentences. Thanks! smiley
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Nobody: 12:05am On May 03, 2011
Reality do you live in LA? If so, you should be speaking basic Spanish by now lol. "Tu no habla Ingles?" Chai.

Men have too much security. Good, bad, you get to keep your fathers' name and now that allows some of you to judge or badmouth women because they want to have a say in whether they take your name or not?

If fathers snatched surnames from their sons for growing up to be irresponsible or dumb, they'd probably be thinking twice. The kind of shame or unworthiness some of you throw on women, you'd be suffering it too. Once, you were Adenola Ogunsanya. Now you're just "Adenola". You'd be turned into a laughing stock lol. Who's unworthy now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22)

What's The Most Embarrassing Thing That Happened In Your Relationship? / Mistakes Women Make When Their Guys Cheat On Them / Guys, What Type Of woman Do You wish for and the type you intensely dislike?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.