Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,080 members, 7,899,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 09:23 PM

10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) (53648 Views)

What Is Your Favourite Nigerian Street Food? (pictures) / Eat Healthy! How I Prepare Delicious Nigerian Vegetable Salad, (photos,video) / Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by easzypeaszy(m): 1:57pm On Jun 17, 2021
Ishilove:
Gosh I hate Abasha. Uber gross
me too...wen i saw it on d list i spite
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by FashionCookie(f): 1:58pm On Jun 17, 2021
1. Roasted yam and fish with palm oil sauce.
2. Suya.
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by WowSweetGuy(m): 2:00pm On Jun 17, 2021
Blacks are closer to animals so liking suya(meat) go top the chart
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Ishilove: 2:00pm On Jun 17, 2021
FalseProphet1:

As a woman of the Igbo extraction, you will have to change your mindset towards it so that your in-laws can be at peace with you. Cos it's a delicacy that unites warring families together.

This I have seen.
You are a false prophet

1 Like

Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 17, 2021
Futurecrypto1:
If you know how harmful most of these foods are to your body,you will stop taking them.
I miss suya,fries and others but never again I am gonna eat them. For now yoghurt(unsweetened bacteria filled one),fruits are my snacks
If you want to earn online check my signature. All you have to do is roll every hour. It is 100% legit and free. The sitesl has paid many people and is still paying. Just be serious and consistent.
of all of them ,suya is the most unhygienic of them all. First if you see the process those mallams take to prepare it ,you will throw up, then there is the part where you wonder if the heat from the charcoal actually killed the germs on the meat ,then there is the question of carbon dioxide poisoning from the charcoal.

1 Like

Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 17, 2021
Puff puff Crew oya hit like!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Kalubolt(m): 2:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
Ishilove:
Same here, the last food I will think of eating
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by sawansa(m): 2:03pm On Jun 17, 2021
Abacha or Roasted plantain with chicken barbecue
But where is Indomie and Egg
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Narnah(f): 2:04pm On Jun 17, 2021
Suya and corn for me wink
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by WaffenSS(m): 2:05pm On Jun 17, 2021
Ishilove:

Takes some getting used to.

After a few brave attempts i actually like it

3 Likes

Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Springboot: 2:06pm On Jun 17, 2021
My number one is abacha

5 Likes

Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by HoluGraze: 2:08pm On Jun 17, 2021
Ishilove:

This reminds me back then when I was traveling back to school with a commercial vehicle. At Itobe after the long bridge in kogi state a guy beside me bought Opka (thinking it is moimoi) and bread. He took the first cut and complained which kind moimoi be this, so strong. He wanted to swallow it but he couldn't and threw it out. He took another cut with bread yet he couldn't swallow it. He then said with a loud voice these people no sabi do moimoi at all. We all burst into laugh before someone made him to realized it's Opka not moimoi.

10 Likes

Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Akalia(m): 2:09pm On Jun 17, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Roasted yam with oil sauce would have been better but it is forbidden here in the Terra Firma of the Benin terrain to roast yam in the streets

..take that roasted yam with oil sauce.....then try and gulp it down with a chilled Heineken bottle
I swear....to die nor go hungry you
Good, you didn't make mention of the words pussy and Bombing. Good boy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by blowjohn(m): 2:09pm On Jun 17, 2021
What about cassava and ice fish...
The combo they sell in akwaibom state
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by NwaIgboBoy(m): 2:12pm On Jun 17, 2021
But I failed to see bread and groundnut which is the food for brick layers grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by FullBlastLight: 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Roasted yam with oil sauce would have been better but it is forbidden here in the Terra Firma of the Benin terrain to roast yam in the streets

..take that roasted yam with oil sauce.....then try and gulp it down with a chilled Heineken bottle
I swear....to die nor go hungry you

Thank God, no weed & no ladies' things are mentioned here!

...a sign dt u're getting delivered!

Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by FalseProphet1(m): 2:15pm On Jun 17, 2021
Ishilove:

You are a false prophet
And you came to such hasty conclusion because....?
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Naughtysex: 2:15pm On Jun 17, 2021
Kai, Dambu nama is the best for me I love kilishi but dambu is everything for me
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by scantee(m): 2:15pm On Jun 17, 2021
Abacha 5X a week and roasted yam 5X a week I love both die

1 Like

Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Lionofthedesert: 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2021
WHERE KILISHI ? DAMBU NAMA NA BOMB
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by knightphoenix: 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2021
Ishilove:
Abacha* better food

1 Like

Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2021
IVORY2009:

Come less go try some out wink

No problem. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Silentgroper(m): 2:17pm On Jun 17, 2021
The5DME:

Abacha......... Not abasha. Yoruba people always spoil igbo pronunciations.
Lol. A girl i knw pronounces chinyere as shi-yere.
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 17, 2021
Where is gala angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by wumi2017(f): 2:18pm On Jun 17, 2021
Suya my number one darling, all day all time grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 17, 2021
wumi2017:
Suya my number one darling, all day all time grin grin grin grin grin
. Your Boyfriend dey hear am ! grin grin grin

Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Silentgroper(m): 2:20pm On Jun 17, 2021
My fav is kuku roasted yam nd potato with friedfish. And also bread nd akara.

1 Like

Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by hardon1(m): 2:21pm On Jun 17, 2021
Futurecrypto1:
If you know how harmful most of these foods are to your body,you will stop taking them.
I miss suya,fries and others but never again I am gonna eat them. For now yoghurt(unsweetened bacteria filled one),fruits are my snacks
If you want to earn online check my signature. All you have to do is roll every hour. It is 100% legit and free. The sitesl has paid many people and is still paying. Just be serious and consistent.

Am not with you in this . aside akara that has oil, these foods are healthier than those coloured fried rice u eat in eateries, those burgers u eat as fast food, and those canned groceries you pack in your freezers

Most of them are fresh and havnt undergone any form of processing

1 Like

Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Casham: 2:21pm On Jun 17, 2021
As I no see awara and kilishi, the list no complete. I survived for a month and a half eating only N100 awara every day.
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 17, 2021
pocohantas:

Mine is OKPA. I know some okpa-loyalists will soon land to tell me I didn’t eat the one that was made by a veteran in Enugu. cheesy

Abeg, even if the founder of okpa makes it, I go still hate am.

OP you missed ewa agoyin and bread. I don’t eat beans, but I eat ewa agoyin. There are levels to beans. grin
"Loyalist" lol!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) / Crocodile Barbeque Served Somewhere In Abuja! (vid) / 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.