Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,102 members, 7,899,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 11:19 PM

10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) (53651 Views)

What Is Your Favourite Nigerian Street Food? (pictures) / Eat Healthy! How I Prepare Delicious Nigerian Vegetable Salad, (photos,video) / Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Chinny024(f): 3:20pm On Jun 17, 2021
Okpa and cola
Abacha with renowned fish
Suya or kilishi
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by majamajic(m): 3:24pm On Jun 17, 2021
Any of them , but suya is ahead

Na for amadu Bello way VI , I chop suya bow !
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Thinktwicemybro: 3:25pm On Jun 17, 2021
Futurecrypto1:
If you know how harmful most of these foods are to your body,you will stop taking them.
I miss suya,fries and others but never again I am gonna eat them. For now yoghurt(unsweetened bacteria filled one),fruits are my snacks
If you want to earn online check my signature. All you have to do is roll every hour. It is 100% legit and free. The sitesl has paid many people and is still paying. Just be serious and consistent.
Even the fruits are not safe, do you know how many fruits you eat that was ripen with carbarde,? Only God can save, you can't be too careful
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by mirinder: 3:30pm On Jun 17, 2021
Ishilove:
Gosh I hate Abasha. Uber gross
come and chop upa
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by bukatyne(f): 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2021
I had Damba Mama once and liked it.

I have not had masa before.

Suya: good ones are very hard to come by. I can perceive and taste the 'rawness' of most of them.

Akara, very tricky. Except the level of Akara Osu back in the days.

Plantain chips, when it is not fresh, it is meh!
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by poshestmina(f): 3:35pm On Jun 17, 2021
Port harcourt Bole, sauce and big head of fish.
Boiled corn and pear on a cold evening.
Suya is once in a while.
Piping hot puff-puff and akara.
Abacha is not really my thing ,once,once.

I hate the rest including fried plantains.
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by mirinder: 3:35pm On Jun 17, 2021
Chinny024:
Okpa and cola Abacha with renowned fish Suya or kilishi.
where are you from
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Maxino88: 3:36pm On Jun 17, 2021
Please where is madiga and beans?
Bayelsan best food
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by bukatyne(f): 3:36pm On Jun 17, 2021
xreal:
Roasted Corn anytime, anyday.

I'm always excited in maize season.

Hahahahahaha!

Corn season excites me also.

You pass a corn seller, perceive the freshness and go back to point to a succulent one for them to roast for you. kiss
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by ellizy(m): 3:39pm On Jun 17, 2021
Where is Rivers state bolee and fish
(Roasted plantain)
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Blesyn22(m): 3:39pm On Jun 17, 2021
I boldly and proudly support [b][/b]Fresh, succulent white bread and akar[b][/b]a to be listed and regarded as a life saver. When you eat it hot you get inspirations from above, heightened sensory system, the list is endless
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Realestatevixen: 3:40pm On Jun 17, 2021
pocohantas:

Mine is OKPA. I know some okpa-loyalists will soon land to tell me I didn’t eat the one that was made by a veteran in Enugu. cheesy

Abeg, even if the founder of okpa makes it, I go still hate am.

OP you missed ewa agoyin and bread. I don’t eat beans, but I eat ewa agoyin. There are levels to beans. grin

But it's TRUE o, I used to be like you, till I started eating one made by a kogi woman here inAbuja, omo mhen, the taste na fire. The ones in Lagos are usually not tasty, that's what I think though.
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Erojepromise(f): 3:40pm On Jun 17, 2021
How would you make a list without putting bole ( roasted plantain) and groundnut , boiled corn and coconut, fried yam , fried potatoes
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Fhemmmy: 3:40pm On Jun 17, 2021
Without GALA, it is incomplete tongue
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by mirinder: 3:41pm On Jun 17, 2021
Wittyduchess:
of all of them ,suya is the most unhygienic of them all. First if you see the process those mallams take to prepare it ,you will throw up, then there is the part where you wonder if the heat from the charcoal actually killed the germs on the meat ,then there is the question of carbon dioxide poisoning from the charcoal.
blood of jesus
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Blesyn22(m): 3:41pm On Jun 17, 2021
I boldly and proudly support fresh, succulent white bread and akara to be listed and regarded as a life saver. When you eat it hot you get inspirations from above, heightened sensory system, the list is endless
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by mirinder: 3:42pm On Jun 17, 2021
Kalubolt:
Same here, the last food I will think of eating
you are missing
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Goalnaldo(m): 3:42pm On Jun 17, 2021
Ishilove:
Gosh I hate Abasha. Uber gross
same. I can't use my money to buy abacha. Except you took me unawares and buy one for me.
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Godwin25king: 3:42pm On Jun 17, 2021
The way i dislike roasted corn and puff puff ehn undecided
Though i've tasted all except that Dambu Nama stuff . sad
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by MrObontami(m): 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2021
All of the above except mina/wassa or whatever you called it.
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by DenreleDave(m): 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2021
The5DME:

Abacha......... Not abasha. Yoruba people always spoil igbo pronunciations.

No wonder igbos did million rally for Abacha the murderer.. Una even name una food after Abacha grin

Fulani and igbos are one

Igbos love for fulani is out of this world
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by bukatyne(f): 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2021
Goalnaldo:
same. I can't use my money to buy abacha. Always you took me unawares and buy one for me.

Then you don't hate it; you just don't fancy it or place a value on it.
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by DenreleDave(m): 3:46pm On Jun 17, 2021
Mac12:
You no put gurasa and awara

Are you truly married?

Seems u schooled in the north

Sia wàrà

1 Like

Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Goalnaldo(m): 3:47pm On Jun 17, 2021
Lamasta:
Akara and Bread
Akara and Garri
Akara and Akamu
Akara and Yam

Akara being saving lives since time memorial

Akara and Garri is strange to me embarassed

1 Like

Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by mirinder: 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2021
mariahAngel:
The most delicious snacks are sold in the streets. tongue
buns or puff puff?
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by MrObontami(m): 3:50pm On Jun 17, 2021
Realestatevixen:

But it's TRUE o, I used to be like you, till I started eating one made by a kogi woman here inAbuja, omo mhen, the taste na fire. The ones in Lagos are usually not tasty, that's what I think though.

There's one woman that usually hawks ewa agoyin when was staying at anthony village, bode peters street to be pricise. She comes in the morning. I won't lie have never tasted ewa agoyin that's as sweet as that woman's.

Ewa agoyin get levels abeg. grin
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by MrObontami(m): 3:51pm On Jun 17, 2021
Blesyn22:
I boldly and proudly support fresh, succulent white bread and akara to be listed and regarded as a life saver. When you eat it hot you get inspirations from above, heightened sensory system, the list is endless

True that. grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by baby124: 3:52pm On Jun 17, 2021
Boiled groundnut!!! Chai!!!! I can eat that all day. Then gala or Akara follow close second.
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Goalnaldo(m): 3:52pm On Jun 17, 2021
bukatyne:

Then you don't hate it; you just don't fancy it or place a value on it.
So true smiley

1 Like

Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by faithfull18(f): 3:53pm On Jun 17, 2021
All except Abacha
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 17, 2021
Out of all the numerous food listed, na only Suya be Hausa people own. grin grin
Re: 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) by bolagabriella: 3:58pm On Jun 17, 2021
I hope someone has mention ewa agonyi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) / Crocodile Barbeque Served Somewhere In Abuja! (vid) / 20 Things About Hilda And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking Attempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.