Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,565 members, 7,972,129 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 01:27 AM

Th - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Th (17683 Views)

~@@th~!https://nbanbaplayoffsnba.com/ / Is It True People From Igueben Can't Marry Th People From Ekpoma? / Colours Of Mkpat Enin Festival (#comefest) 2018, Cultural Fiesta To Celebrate Th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Th by christistruth01: 9:57pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:
Two things:

(1) I am not talking about Oniru. So let’s not bringing it up. At least not now.

(2) You didn’t answer my question. You probably missed it by oversight. Please read it again and answer it — without bringing anything into it.

Re: Th by ShadowCracker(m): 10:04pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:
Two things:

(1) I am not talking about Oniru. So let’s not bringing it up. At least not now.

(2) You didn’t answer my question. You probably missed it by oversight. Please read it again and answer it — without bringing anything into it.
Badagry, and Epe are also owned by Awori.

Rest abeg cool.

Egun. and Ijebu are also Awori cheesy.
Re: Th by christistruth01: 10:06pm On Sep 02, 2021
Cc Tao11

My next question before going back to the points you made earlier:

You had said that the content of that blog screenshot you posted is one and the same as what the Onikoyi’s website.

How can you prove that to us here when you haven’t brought forward the Onikoyi’s website screenshot?

That’s the next question. Let’s stick to the question so everything is not convoluted. Remember I must also address some claims you made earlier

Oniru ,Ojota,Onisiwo, Oluwa and Onikoyi were integrated into the Olofin family by marriage

The Onikoyi of Ikoyi was originally Oyo from Ikoyi in Osun State.

Re: Th by TAO11(f): 10:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
christistruth01:
X

christistruth01:
Cc Tao11
Oniru ,Ojota,Onisiwo, Oluwa and Onikoyi were integrated into the Olofin family by marriage

The Onikoyi of Ikoyi was originally Oyo from Ikoyi in Osun State.

christistruth01:

The Onikoyis website which is now offline was where I first read the Story that the first Onikoyi was an Ikoyi man who was made an Idejo after Marrying Aromires daughte

He further explained that he was made an Idejo not because. Ikoyi was under oba of Lagos but because he also owned land in Obalende and the Ikoyi was completely independent of the Oba of Lagos

christistruth01:
No.

I went to get the screen shot and found the Onikoyis website was offline

He explained that Ikoyi was completely independent of the Oba of Lagos and Benin and he was a white cap chief of Lagos as well only because he owned land in Obalende which is the Oba of Lagos domain

He really clarified a lot of knotty issues and explained that he had his own separate Crown given to him by Ooni

I got the other Screenshot when I couldn't get the Onikoyis website because the Story was saying the same thing that Onikoyi was an Oyo man from Ikoyi who married Aromires daughter
Back to these:

I am not sure what/who the sources of the author of your second screenshot are for that Oyo “believe”.

However, I am not surprised that the Onikoyi family brought down their website which contains such.

In any case, you’re missing out the significance of the term “Idejo”. The ldejois by definition a descendant of the Olofin. The quotation below is from Idejou source:

“The Idejos claim that Olofin was the son of Oduduwa, the ancestral father of all Yorubas. The Idejos further claim that their ancestor, Olofin, made Ashipa, another Yoruba man who had a Benin wife, mediator between Olofin’s quarrelling children.

~ Patrick Cole, Modern and Traditional Elites in the Politics of Lagos,” (Cambridge University Press, 1975), p.11.

So to claim, based on an anonymous (obviously non-Idejo) source that a certain Idejo is an Oyo person is in itself self-contradictory.

I have given you a full list of the Idejos, and it shows the Onikoyi [L’Akaba] as Idejo. I also cited a traditional account (a Lagos tradition in music) to the same effect: Here we go again:

(1) Olumẹgbọn
(2) Aromirẹ
(3) Oluwa
(4) Oniṣiwo
(5) Ọjọra
(6) Ọlọtọ
(7) Onitọọlọ
(8.) Onikoyi
(9) Onitana
(10) Oniru
(11) Eleguṣi

Summary:

An Idejo ⇔ A son of the Olofin.

Onikoyi ⇒ Idejo

Onikoyi ⇒ A son of the Olofin

Onikoy An Oyo

Peace!
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 10:44pm On Sep 02, 2021
ShadowCracker:

Badagry, and Epe are also owned by Awori.

Rest abeg cool.

Egun. and Ijebu are also Awori cheesy.
Says who?
Re: Th by christistruth01: 10:54pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:

Back to these:

I am not sure what/who the sources of the author of your second screenshot are for that Oyo “believe”.

However, I am not surprised that the Onikoyi family brought down their website which contains such.

In any case, you’re missing out the significance of the term “Idejo”. The ldejois by definition a descendant of the Olofin. The quotation below is from Idejou source:

“The Idejos claim that Olofin was the son of Oduduwa, the ancestral father of all Yorubas. The Idejos further claim that their ancestor, Olofin, made Ashipa, another Yoruba man who had a Benin wife, mediator between Olofin’s quarrelling children.

~ Patrick Cole, Modern and Traditional Elites in the Politics of Lagos,” (Cambridge University Press, 1975), p.11.

So to claim, based on an anonymous (obviously non-Idejo) source that a certain Idejo is an Oyo person is in itself self-contradictory.

I have given you a full list of the Idejos, and it shows the Onikoyi [L’Akaba] as Idejo. I also cited a traditional account (a Lagos tradition in music) to the same effect: Here we go again:

(1) Olumẹgbọn
(2) Aromirẹ
(3) Oluwa
(4) Oniṣiwo
(5) Ọjọra
(6) Ọlọtọ
(7) Onitọọlọ
(8.) Onikoyi
(9) Onitana
(10) Oniru
(11) Eleguṣi

Summary:

An Idejo ⇔ A son of the Olofin.

Onikoyi ⇒ Idejo

Onikoyi ⇒ A son of the Olofin

Onikoy An Oyo

Peace!

Occasionally Yoruba permits lineage to be through the mother

For example Owu the oldest Yoruba tribe were descended from Oduduwas Daughter and not son

Some idejos became so through their Maternal lineage

The Oluwo of Iwo was the Son of Luwo the only female Ooni yet he is described as a Son of Oduduwa and is a very important Yoruba king like the Olowu of Owu who descended from Oduduwas Daughter
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 10:59pm On Sep 02, 2021
christistruth01:
Occasionally Yoruba permits lineage to be through the mother

For example Owu the oldest Yoruba tribe were descended from Oduduwas Daughter and not son

Some idejos became so through their Maternal lineage

The Oluwo of Iwo was the Son of Luwo the only female Ooni Ayer he is described as a Son of Oduduwa and is a very important Yorubs king like the Olowu of Owu
The example you’re citing doesn’t support the point you wanted to make.

The Olowu can not become king anywhere in Ife. He can only go establish his own kingdom elsewhere.

The Oluwo can not become king anywhere in Ife. He can only go establish his own kingdom elsewhere.

Assuming these individuals can claim right to throne in any part of Ife, then your examples would have matched.
——-
But in the case of Lagos which you’re talking of here. These are individuals who owned their thrones in part of the same Lagos.

You catch the difference now.
Re: Th by christistruth01: 11:01pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:
The example you’re citing doesn’t support the point you wanted to make.

The Olowu can not become king anywhere in Ife. He can only go establish his own kingdom elsewhere.

The Oluwo can not become king anywhere in Ife. He can only go establish his own kingdom elsewhere.

Assuming these individuals can claim right to throne in any part of Ife, then your examples would have matched.

I was trying to relate it to the Idejo chiefs who became so because of their mothers being Olofins daughters

I was trying to say is not unusual and I sited the example of Olowu and Oluwo who occupied the Position of Ife Princes with beaded Crowns based on their Maternal linkages to Oduduwa

They are known as Oduduwas Sons
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 11:02pm On Sep 02, 2021
christistruth01:
I was trying to relate it to the Idejo chiefs who became so because of their mothers being Olofins daughters

I was trying to say is not unusual and I sited the example of Olowu and Oluwo who occupied the Position of Ife Princes with beaded Crowns based on their Maternal linkagesto Oduduwa
And that’s what I’m saying. IT DOESN’T RELATE.

I will break it down further for you. Be patient …

In your Ife “similitude,” we have Oduduwa and his sons & daughters

In the Lagos scenario, we have Ogunfunminire and his sons & daughters.
In your Ife “similitude”, Oduduwa’s sons have right to land/rulership at IFE.

In the Lagos scenario, Ogunfunminire’s sons have the right to land/rulership at Lagos.
In your IFE “similitude”, Oduduwa’s daughters’ sons [or husbands] do not have right to rule anywhere at Ife.

In the Lagos scenario, Ogunfunminire’s daughters’ sons [or husbands] do not have right to rule anywhere at Lagos. — This is my position which is parallel to the case of Ife.

However you are proposing the opposite, and yet you insisting that it is exactly as what is obtainable in Ife.

No, what happened in the case of Ife is that Oodua’s daughters’ sons do not have right to rule at Ife, but they can can go elsewhere and hustle their way to rulership.

They are known as Oduduwas Sons
But they have no right to rule anywhere at Ife.

Whereas the scenario you’re supposedly citing that for shows something different — which is that: they were told to rule different parts of the vast Lagos territory.

You see the difference. You see why they could not have been sons from daughters [or even inlaws].

Peace!
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 11:18pm On Sep 02, 2021
@christistruth01

Do you really think the Ijebus who have lived next to the Aworis for centuries would not have intermarried?

Why aren’t there Idejo from that end then? It’s simply because Idejo is not based on marriage.
—————
In any case, the point I was originally making before you came in is that:

The aboriginal ownership of the area belong to the Aworis and some small portions (of the present-day state) to the Ijebus (Remo and Ode in different axes).

As such, even if for the sake of argument in-lawship makes one an Idejo (and that Onikoyi is originally an inlaw), then you would have refuted your point of bringing in Oyo into the aboriginal ownership.
Re: Th by christistruth01: 11:27pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:
@christistruth01

Do you really think the Ijebus who have lived next to the Aworis for centuries would not have intermarried?

Why aren’t there Idejo from that end then? It’s simply because Idejo is not based on marriage.
—————
In any case, the point I was originally making before you came in is that:

The aboriginal ownership of the area belong to Aworis and some small portions (of the present-day state) to the Ijebus (Remo and Ode in different axes).

As such, even if for the sake of argument in-lawship makes one an Idejo (and that Onikoyi is originally an i law), then you would refuted your point of bringing in Oyo into the aboriginal ownership.

That is undisputed

Whether through mother or Father the area is undisputed AworiLand and the Idejos are Awori Idejos

Awori are the Original Aborigines

No dispute

But for the sake of those who try to Claim Lagos for Benin it is only good to remind them they were not the only outsiders in Lagos it was the Awori that accepted and integrated everyone into their Society

The others have long Integrated and totally accepted the Awori Landowners identity because Lagos is Aworiland
Re: Th by samuk: 8:04am On Sep 03, 2021
christistruth01:

That is undisputed

Whether through mother or Father the area is undisputed AworiLand and the Idejos are Awori Idejos

Awori are the Original Aborigines

No dispute

But for the sake of those who try to Claim Lagos for Benin it is only good to remind them they were not the only outsiders in Lagos it was the Awori that accepted and integrated everyone into their Society

The others have long Integrated and totally accepted the Awori Landowners identity because Lagos is Aworiland

After shamelessly being tutored by your headmaster, you decided to hide under your shared anti Benin sentiments to capitulate, settle and pledged your allegiance to your her.

So all your efforts to steal a portion of Lagos for Oyo/Osun through your Onikoyi garbage history was because of the fears of Benin. Hope Nairalanders can see what the fear of Benin is causing/doing to some Yoruba people.

This is very shameful, you couldn't even hold your position despite citing the onikoyi family website, which you couldn't produced.

At the end you have to concede to someone you accused of acting like your headmaster and let her know that all your arguments/possible lies was due to your fear of Benin.

Just incase you don't know, she is your headmaster and you small students of her will continue to be put in check whenever you attempt to steal any part of Lagos for your various Bush Yoruba enclaves.

You all most know that as far as your headmaster is concerned, the only sub-Yoruba group that can lay claims to any part of Lagos as aborigines are the aworis, your attempts to steal any part of Lagos either through the claims of marriage, being a descendant of Oduduwa or any other guise will not be tolerated.

Here is the bad news for dull students like you

1. There can not be an authentic history of Lagos without Benin playing a significant part.

2. There can't be an authentic history book of Lagos without the mention of Benin extensively.

3. All Obas of Lagos and his chiefs still bears allegiance to the Oba of Benin till date.

4. While Benin features prominently in Lagos history, attempts by people like yourself to steal any part of Lagos to your Bush parts of Yoruba will always be resisted by your headmaster.

5. In your delusion, you thought Benin with a very established history in Lagos was your nightmare and problems, if you have any sense, shame and pride, it should be obvious to you now that Benin doesn't know if people like you exists. Your problems are your fellow Yoruba like your headmaster who will always ensure that Yoruba like you from ogbomosho, osun, Ekiti etc never hide under any guise or excuse to steal any part of Lagos history.

Benin history is well established in Lagos and will continue to be so.

Next time, it will do you a lot of good to be quietly reading from the sidelines and be giving your headmaster moral support from there, because you have just shown to everyone that you know nothing and a dull student. Olodo.
Re: Th by theInterpreter: 12:30pm On Sep 03, 2021
TAO11:
Read this carefully, and be guided going forward.

(1) The land of the state called Lagos state today belongs aboriginally to the Yoruba subgroup called Awori.

Yes a very small fraction belongs to the Ijebu [Remo & Ode] subgroup along different axes. But Oyo is not in the picture if honesty is what we seek.

(2) You said modern-day Lagos state is made up of parts of Ogun state. That’s grossly incorrect.

What you probably intended to say is the point made in the 2nd para. of my point (1). As such, Lagos state is NOT made up of parts of Ogun state.

In fact, Lagos state was created at a point in time when there was no Ogun state. And its land mass has remained stable since it creation.

In case you object, then please name me the places which supposedly used to be in Ogun state, but now in Lagos state. Thanks.

(3) Yes, the name Eko actually refers exclusively to the island [alone]. But it has for a long time now being loosely applied to a wider geography of Lagos state.

However, the actual impression I’m trying to correct in your comment is the tendency to fall for the false but popular notion that Lagos island [Eko] was named or ruled by Benin.

That is an ignorant falsehood. Now you know. You’ve got no excuses anymore, right? Lol. Request evidence if you must, but now you know.

Peace.
geosegun
Abule Egba is Ẹgba
the ijebu part of Lagos isn't a fraction
Re: Th by christistruth01: 1:15pm On Sep 03, 2021
samuk:

After shamelessly being tutored by your headmaster, you decided to hide under your shared anti Benin sentiments to capitulate, settle and pledged your allegiance to your her.

You can not understand what I and TAO11 were discussing simply because where you are from Women's Offspring are never allowed to inherit the Dukedoms, Lands or Chieftaincy Titles of their Mothers Families whereas it happens in Yoruba Culture

Even when lineage is traced through the Maternal Line no Yoruba will dispute the fact that Lagos is the Patrimonial Heritage of the Awori

Give this one a Pass the Tradition is beyond what you understand and you have already shown it ,

Even the Oba of Lagos is an Awori man with Ijesha (Osun) Paternal Lineage through Alagba his father who was Princess Erelu Kuti's husband there is no reason to discuss the Technicalities of the Tradition involved with you at all you won't get it

Lagos is AworiLand

2 Likes

Re: Th by samuk: 1:48pm On Sep 03, 2021
christistruth01:

You can not understand what I and TAO11 were discussing simply because where you are from Women's Offspring are never allowed to inherit the Dukedoms, Lands or Chieftaincy Titles of their Mothers Families whereas it happens in Yoruba Culture

Even when lineage is traced through the Maternal Line no Yoruba will dispute the fact that Lagos is the Patrimonial Heritage of the Awori

Give this one a Pass the Tradition is beyond what you understand and you have already shown it ,there is no reason to discuss the Technicalities involved with you at all

Argue your gibberish with your headmaster. Yorubas like yourself have been warned by your headmaster to mind the way you attach yourselves to Lagos history, either matrimonial or matrimonial, you must know your place in your Bush enclaves.

Meanwhile, the Benin you hate is interwoven into Lagos history. Even your headmaster can't deny it.

It would have been given a pass if you had left Benin out of your arguments. You called for it.
Re: Th by christistruth01: 1:56pm On Sep 03, 2021
samuk:

Argue your gibberish with your headmaster. Yorubas like yourself have been warned by your headmaster to mind the way you attach yourselves to Lagos history, either matrimonial or matrimonial, you must know your place in your Bush enclaves.

Meanwhile, the Benin you hate is interwoven into Lagos history. Even your headmaster can't deny it.

It would have been given a pass if you had left Benin out of your arguments. You called for it.

Name one Single Benin Dukedom that was inherited from the Maternal line

Even the Oba of Lagos is an Awori man with Ijesha (Osun) Paternal Lineage through Alagba his father who was Princess Erelu Kuti's husband there is no reason to discuss the Technicalities of the Tradition involved with you at all you won't get it

The Current Oba Tejuoso's Throne for example belongs to his Mother's family

Mention a Benin example
Re: Th by samuk: 2:05pm On Sep 03, 2021
christistruth01:

Name one Single Benin Dukedom that was inherited from the Maternal line

You must be a joke to think I am ready to engage you. Who cares what your version of history of Lagos says.

The most important thing is that no one including your headmaster can deny that Benin is woven into Lagos history.

Wait for your headmaster to argue with her about the relationship your part of Yoruba have with Lagos history.
Re: Th by christistruth01: 2:08pm On Sep 03, 2021
samuk:

You must be a joke to think I am ready to engage you. Who cares what your version of history of Lagos says.

The most important thing is that no one including your headmaster can't deny is that Benin is woven into Lagos history.

Wait for your headmaster to argue with her about the relationship your part of Yoruba have with Lagos history.

Lagos is Yoruba so what is your Problem ?

Again I ask Name one Single Benin Dukedom that was inherited from the Maternal line

The Oba of Lagos Throne passed through the Maternal line to get to Ologun. Kutere that is an Awori and Yoruba Tradition that is completely alien to Benin Culture it happened because Lagos is Awori and Yorubaland

Inheritance of Dukedoms through the Maternal lineage is completely alien and abnormal to Benin Culture and is further Proof that Lagos is Yoruba
Re: Th by samuk: 2:20pm On Sep 03, 2021
christistruth01:

Lagos is Yoruba so what is your Problem ?

Again I ask Name one Single Benin Dukedom that was inherited from the Maternal line

I am not looking for a student to lecture, so wait for your headmaster.

I only called you out because you were betrayed by your anti Benin sentiments to mention Benin in your arguments with your headmaster, otherwise, your arguments didn't concern me.
Re: Th by christistruth01: 2:23pm On Sep 03, 2021
samuk:

I am not looking for a student to lecture, so wait for your headmaster.

I only called you out because you were betrayed by your anti Benin sentiments to mention Benin in your arguments with your headmaster, otherwise, your arguments didn't concern me.

Inheritance of Dukedoms through the Maternal lineage is completely alien and abnormal to Benin Culture and is further Proof that Lagos is Awori and Yorubaland

The Throne of Oba of Lagos passed through the Maternal lineage to get to Ologun Kutere
who had an Ijesha father

Do you know Yorubas had a female Alaafin called Orompoto and a female Ooni called Luwo before ?

Yoruba have female regents to the throne but this is a complete aberratiion in Benin Tradition

2 Likes

Re: Th by samuk: 2:33pm On Sep 03, 2021
christistruth01:

Inheritance of Dukedoms through the Maternal lineage is completely alien and abnormal to Benin Culture and is further Proof that Lagos is Awori and Yorubaland

The Throne of Oba of Lagos passed through the Maternal lineage to get to Ologun Kutere
who had an Ijesha father

Wait for your headmaster to come and support or disagree with your arguments, she may even give you moral support and a towel to wipe your tears.

After all these, you must continue to know that your own part of Yoruba have very little or no stake in the history of Lagos. Always remember this and have peace with your headmaster.
Re: Th by christistruth01: 2:35pm On Sep 03, 2021
samuk:

Wait for your headmaster to come and support or disagree with your arguments, she may even give you moral support and a towel to wipe your tears.

After all these, you must continue to know that your own part of Yoruba have very little or no stake in the history of Lagos. Always remember this and have peace with your headmaster.

Again please just name one Single Benin Dukedom that was inherited from the Maternal line

You have no Case

I understand

Benin doesn't own Lagos

During the1842 Yoruba Ota War that involved Awori,Egba,Ijebu Ibadan over Military control of metropolitan Lagos, Benin was a Total and Complete no show

During the Bombardment of Lagos in December of 1851 again Benin was a. Complete no show again not even one Benin Soldier turned up to defend Lagos because they knew it wasn't theirs so they left it all to the Yoruba owners to defend
Re: Th by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 03, 2021
TAO11:

You once promised never to reply me (and that your brothers shouldn’t) because you think I need you.

What changed now if not SUICIDE. Buhaha
You're honestly really delusional
Re: Th by christistruth01: 3:55pm On Sep 03, 2021
samuk:

If Benin owned Lagos the Throne of Oba of Lagos would never have passed through the Maternal line not to talk of the Dukedoms of the Land owner Idejo chiefs

It is the Yorubas that permit it

A current example is Oba Tejuoso of Oke Ona
The Throne belongs to his Mother's family

The last Ataoja of Osogbo in got to the Throne by virtue of his Maternal lineage

It happens in Yoruba Culture but never in Benin

If he tried it in Benin he may not last one day on Throne of the famed Land of Anger (Ile Ibinu) before being dispatched in Pieces to meet his maker

What was the Offence of the New Olu of Warri that he was frustrated from inheriting the Throne in 2016 ?

Was it not because of the flimsy and irrational excuse that his mother was Yoruba that Benin and certain Itsekiri Chiefs went all out and hindered him

Even this time it took the Divine mercy and Intervention of the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ for him to be Crowned King
Olu was overwhelmed and sang Hallelujah that it finally happened

Till the last Second Benin was plotting to frustrate his Coronation ( in Warri O !! Not their Benin)

Even the original Crown meant for Coronation is still missing until now

Is it the same Benin that went to that extent against the Olu of Warri because of his Yoruba mother that would have allowed an entire Throne of Lagos to pass through the Maternal line ?

I only asked you to mention one single Benin Dukedom that was passed through the Maternal line and you ran away because you know it is not a Benin Custom to permit it under any Circumstances

When it happens it is seen as a very great Honour by the Benefactor that must never be betrayed that because of his Mothers Lineage he was entrusted with so much confidence and responsibility

On no Occasion has that Honour been betrayed and that is why it is still Practiced among Yorubas today

The Onikoyi is Paternally an Oyo man from Ikoyi in Osun State but the Onikoyi Dukedom was an Awori Dukedom that was given to him on account of his Awori Lineage through his mother and only because Aromire had taken his father as a Son it is therefore the duty of the Onikoyi to repay the Honour by identifying completely with the Awori Dukedom and upholding it's Heritage and interests in exactly the same way that it would have been upheld if it had passed through the Paternal lineage

That is why I said I and TAO11 understand the Intricacies,Technicalities and responsibilities involved in the Practice it is beyond what you can get your head around because Benin absolutely doesn't permit it neither would they tolerate such a Practice even if it was necessary
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 5:49pm On Sep 03, 2021
theInterpreter:
Abule Egba is Ẹgba
Aboriginal is what we’re discussing here bro.
Aboriginal means land owners from day 1. Even the name Abule-Egba tells you that the Egbas were Egbas from somewhere else. They didn’t become Egba at Lagos.

the ijebu part of Lagos isn't a fraction
Fraction means a small amount of something. So, tell me the portion owned aboriginally by Ijebus and I will tell you the land mass in relation to the total land mass, and you shall see it’s a fraction.

E je k’a ma calm down. E je k’a lo gbo-gbo akitiyan yi si odo awon opuro Ile-Ibini.

Peace.
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 6:05pm On Sep 03, 2021
Think4Myself:
You're honestly really delusional
SUICIDE pushed you back to me after you had promised and pleaded with your brothers never to reply me

Eeyah. E ku suicide oo. Haha.

Think4Myself:
[s]Take care of yours, mine is in tact
You didn't see me spend 4 months out of 2 years on nairaland did you?
Cos I have better things to do

Instead of debunking about the great Benin empire why not debunk Christianity the white man brought starting from Genesis[/s]
I doubt if your mental health is messed up with suicidal thoughts.

Otherwise, explain why you pleaded with your brothers and still defaulted. That must be suicidal thoughts pushing you to me.

Any ways I enjoy disgracing your people with facts while my money makes more money for me.

Pleading with me to stop debunking your peoples’ lies won’t work.

Instead, I will advice that you plead with your people. Ask them to stop lying and accept fate.
Re: Th by samuk: 6:38pm On Sep 03, 2021
christistruth01:

If Benin owned Lagos the Throne of Oba of Lagos would never have passed through the Maternal line not to talk of the Dukedoms of the Land owner Idejo chiefs

It is the Yorubas that permit it

A current example is Oba Tejuoso of Oke Ona
The Throne belongs to his Mother's family

The last Ataoja of Osogbo in got to the Throne by virtue of his Maternal lineage

It happens in Yoruba Culture but never in Benin

If he tried it in Benin he may not last one day on Throne of the famed Land of Anger (Ile Ibinu) before being dispatched in Pieces to meet his maker

What was the Offence of the New Olu of Warri that he was frustrated from inheriting the Throne in 2016 ?

Was it not because of the flimsy and irrational excuse that his mother was Yoruba that Benin and certain Itsekiri Chiefs went all out and hindered him

Even this time it took the Divine mercy and Intervention of the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ for him to be Crowned King
Olu was overwhelmed and sang Hallelujah that it finally happened

Till the last Second Benin was plotting to frustrate his Coronation ( in Warri O !! Not their Benin)

Even the original Crown meant for Coronation is still missing until now

Is it the same Benin that went to that extent against the Olu of Warri because of his Yoruba mother that would have allowed an entire Throne of Lagos to pass through the Maternal line ?

I only asked you to mention one single Benin Dukedom that was passed through the Maternal line and you ran away because you know it is not a Benin Custom to permit it under any Circumstances

When it happens it is seen as a very great Honour by the Benefactor that must never be betrayed that because of his Mothers Lineage he was entrusted with so much confidence and responsibility

On no Occasion has that Honour been betrayed and that is why it is still Practiced among Yorubas today

The Onikoyi is Paternally an Oyo man from Ikoyi in Osun State but the Onikoyi Dukedom was an Awori Dukedom that was given to him on account of his Awori Lineage through his mother and only because Aromire had taken his father as a Son it is therefore the duty of the Onikoyi to repay the Honour by identifying completely with the Awori Dukedom and upholding it's Heritage and interests in exactly the same way that it would have been upheld if it had passed through the Paternal lineage

That is why I said I and TAO11 understand the Intricacies,Technicalities and responsibilities involved in the Practice it is beyond what you can get your head around because Benin absolutely doesn't permit it neither would they tolerate such a Practice even if it was necessary

I believe you made your point @bolded before and your headmaster disagreed. See below, incase you missed it the first time.

TAO11:

Back to these:

Anyway, you are trying to tell your story to someone who is not interested.

Like I said earlier, I only responded to you because you mentioned Benin. If you hadn't mentioned Benin, your arguments doesn't concern me.

I do feel your pain, but you must continue this arguments if you must with your headmaster, it's her you must convince, not me.

On your matrilineal lineage:

Your headmaster also disagreed. I wish I could help you but this is purely Yoruba arguments that I would rather leave you guys to enjoy.

TAO11:
And that’s what I’m saying. IT DOESN’T RELATE.

I will break it down further for you. Be patient …

In your Ife “similitude,” we have Oduduwa and his sons & daughters

In the Lagos scenario, we have Ogunfunminire and his sons & daughters.
In your Ife “similitude”, Oduduwa’s sons have right to land/rulership at IFE.

In the Lagos scenario, Ogunfunminire’s sons have the right to land/rulership at Lagos.
In your IFE “similitude”, Oduduwa’s daughters’ sons [or husbands] do not have right to rule anywhere at Ife.

In the Lagos scenario, Ogunfunminire’s daughters’ sons [or husbands] do not have right to rule anywhere at Lagos. — This is my position which is parallel to the case of Ife.

However you are proposing the opposite, and yet you insisting that it is exactly as what is obtainable in Ife.

No, what happened in the case of Ife is that Oodua’s daughters’ sons do not have right to rule at Ife, but they can can go elsewhere and hustle their way to rulership.

But they have no right to rule anywhere at Ife.

Whereas the scenario you’re supposedly citing that for shows something different — which is that: they were told to rule different parts of the vast Lagos territory.

You see the difference. You see why they could not have been sons from daughters [or even inlaws].

Peace!

Cheers.
Re: Th by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 03, 2021
TAO11:
SUICIDE pushed you back to me after you had promised and pleaded with your brothers never to reply me

Eeyah. E ku suicide oo. Haha.

I doubt if your mental health is messed up with suicidal thoughts.

Otherwise, explain why you pleaded with your brothers and still defaulted. That must be suicidal thoughts pushing you to me.

Any ways I enjoy disgracing your people with facts while my money makes more money for me.

Pleading with me to stop debunking your peoples’ lies won’t work.

Instead, I will advice that you plead with your people. Ask them to stop lying and accept fate.
Deluded Yoruba woman
Re: Th by christistruth01: 6:50pm On Sep 03, 2021
samuk:

I believe you made your point @bolded before and your headmaster disagreed. See below, incase you missed it the first time.

Anyway, you are trying to tell your story to someone who is not interested.

Like I said earlier, I only responded to you because you mentioned Benin. If you hadn't mentioned Benin, your arguments doesn't concern me.

I do feel your pain, but you must continue this arguments if you must with your headmaster, it's her you must convince, not me.

Cheers.
Please kindly do not divert

Name one Single Benin Dukedom that was passed through the Maternal lineage

In Yorubaland everyone knows the Boundary of their fathers Kingdom and no one would dare to be dragging Lagos with Awori because even the blind know it is their Kingdom their Land and their Heritage

Anything through the Maternal line is an Honour and not a right

Unlike Benin who refuse to understand where their own Kingdom begins ands ends and was even disgracefully dragging the Crown with the Olu of Warri to the extent that a Warri Crown is still missing

Tell your boys to return the Olus missing Crown !

Thank you
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 6:55pm On Sep 03, 2021
Think4Myself:
Deluded Yoruba woman
Suicidal Bini pathological liar who keeps coming back for more even after promising/pleading with his own people to run away.

Suicidal thoughts won’t let you run away. Haha cheesy

1 Like

Re: Th by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 03, 2021
TAO11:
Suicidal Bini pathological liar who keeps coming back for more even after promising/pleading with his own people to run away.

Suicidal thoughts won’t let you run away. Haha cheesy

I have time for your lying ass
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 7:01pm On Sep 03, 2021
Think4Myself:
I have time for your lying ass
IF true, then take on my arguments with you intellect.

Abi zero intellect ni?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Nrurita Uka (debate In Igbo Language). / The Ijaws That I Know / Are There Any Nigerian Tribes With Ancenstral Links With Tribes In Ghana?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.