Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,176 members, 7,884,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 12:28 AM

Th - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Th (16848 Views)

~@@th~!https://nbanbaplayoffsnba.com/ / Is It True People From Igueben Can't Marry Th People From Ekpoma? / Colours Of Mkpat Enin Festival (#comefest) 2018, Cultural Fiesta To Celebrate Th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Th by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:
You're the depressed one lad. You love to project. That’s it. wink

I love to flog liars — especially liars from Edo land.

You hate how I flog your lying brothers’ skulls. Don’t you? cheesy

You love to flog liars, ok
Flog yourself then pathetic liar
Dedicated you whole account to lying about the great Benin empire
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 5:46pm On Sep 02, 2021
Think4Myself:
[s]You love to flog liars, ok
Flog yourself then pathetic liar
Dedicated you whole account to lying about the great Benin empire[/s]
I love to flog liars.

That’s why I’ve been flogging your lying brothers.

That’s why you’re so mad because I stand for truth.

Others thought none in their right senses will believe the Benin lies.

I dedicated my account when I found that even Benin people have started believing their own lies.

Hahah cheesy

Re: Th by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:
I love to flog liars.

That’s why I’ve been flogging your lying brothers.

That’s why you’re so mad because I stand for truth.

Others thought none in their right senses will believe the Benin lies.

I dedicated my account when I found that even Benin people have started believing their own lies.

Hahah cheesy
Get a life ma
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 5:52pm On Sep 02, 2021
Think4Myself:

Get a life ma
Get a life if you must.

But projecting your failures wouldn’t help your failed life.

A Bini-child is born = A failure-in-life is born.

cheesy

Re: Th by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:
Get a life if you must. But projecting wouldn’t help your failed life.

A Bini-child is born = A failure-in-life is born. cheesy
h
Dry plus depressed joke
Just like your life
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 5:55pm On Sep 02, 2021
Think4Myself:
h
Dry plus depressed joke
Just like your life
Thanks for confirming that e enter ya bodi. LMAO!

Projecting your failed life is not the way forward sha.

Peace! cheesy
Re: Th by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:
Get a life if you must.

But projecting your failures wouldn’t help your failed life.

cheesy
You joining nairaland in 2018 and have spent 4 months online and this is just one account shocked.
Are you a scammer cos I'll like to know how you make money to buy data to come online with little time you spend doing meaningful things

Re: Th by TAO11(f): 5:59pm On Sep 02, 2021
Think4Myself:
[s]You joining nairaland in 2018 and have spent 4 months online and this is just one account shocked.
Are you a scammer cos I'll like to know how you make money to buy data to come online with little time you spend doing meaningful things[/s]
My money and man-power works for me while I relax and flog your lying brothers’ skulls.

Na cane be crase-man food. cheesy

Re: Th by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:
My money and man-power works for me while I relax and flog your lying brothers’ skulls.

Na cane be cease-man food. cheesy
Bit wet Dem no give sense function for code
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 6:03pm On Sep 02, 2021
Think4Myself:
[s]Bit wet Dem no give sense function for code[/s]
Na cane be crase-man food oo.

Benin liars wey do anyhow dey see anyhow for here.

Re: Th by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:
Na cane be crase-man food oo.

Benin liars wey do anyhow dey see anyhow for here.
Tao11 and tao12 = bots
Mods do the needful
Re: Th by geosegun(m): 6:09pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:
Truth is powerful, but lie also is.

And your comment here is a testimony to the power of lies. I don’t mean that you are the liar.

I only mean that the Binis have lied so much to you that you’ve been pressured to grant some of their lies.

That’s their one job. They come here. Tell 10 lies in the hope that at least one will be conceded.

The Itsekiri people are aboriginally from Yorubaland through and through.

Yes, they’ve lived side-by-side others (away from core Yoruba elements) for a long period of time.

Make use the following guiding tip going forward. It will help a lot bro:

(1) If a Bini says it, then it’s very, very likely it’s a lie.

So. double check. In fact, triple check.

(2) If you’re not sure [again: if you’re not sure] about it don’t concede it, don’t type it out.

(3) When a Bini types a thing (i.e. when a Bini tells a lie), just ask such Bini for evidence. You will drive him insane.

(4) If such Bini is the desperate type, then expect crap which s(he) will present as evidence.

Look up such so-called evidence if it is found in the reference presented. Usually it is spurious.

And even if found, scrutinize it’s content in context and see if it matches or even supports the claim being mad.

That’s how to handle those lunatics. Do not take their words at face value. They get very sneaky at times.

This is also another falsehood that has been accepted by many here due to the same Bini pressure tactics.

Again, I am not blaming you completely for typing it. I am only pointing out how powerful lies can be.

I have cited historical evidence to establish that this narrative is a complete falsehood.

In fact, you may feel shocked right now that: could it be false? Again, that’s the powers of Bini lie pressure right there.

Ask for evidence if you must. In fact, argue with me if you must, but one thing you shouldn’t do is to repeat this.

It was okay to repeat it only up to the moment when you didn’t know. Now you know. Don’t be an enabler of their lies.

Spread the truth instead.

Peace.
lifeisgood12

I agree with you 100%.

I've mixed it up. Ashipa was not a scion of King of Benin but a Yoruba Warrior.

Many thanks for this corrections.

1 Like

Re: Th by TAO11(f): 6:14pm On Sep 02, 2021
HornyTave:
1. Ada and Even predate Oranmiyans arrival.
And so f***ing what even if that’s a historical fact (rather than recent neighborhood stories).

I would break things down for you with questions & information so you can be de-clouded.

Minimize your emotional reaction now as you come along with me.

(1) Are you aware that ‘Benin’ had the Ogiso form of ‘monarchy’ before the Oba form?

(2) Are you aware that this first monarchy was simply launched from IFe and introduced to ‘Benin’ land?

To buttress this I won’t be citing blogs as evidence. I would be citing (1) the earliest written Benin sources from the Benin palace, and (2) the conclusions of the historical scholarship on precolonial Benin.

(3) Are you aware that as per the Àdá & Abẹ̀rẹ̀ Eben; the name “Ada” is not a Benin word for sword (or even cutlass)??

Yes the Benin word for sword is Not Ada. More so, the Benin word for cutlass is also NOT Ada.

The Benin word for sword is “Bẹtẹbẹtẹ”. You all know this all along.

And the Benin word for cutlass is Ọpia (or Ixu if used for farming). Ada doesn’t come in at all.

Ada is purely a Yoruba adaptation. No wonder it’s use in Benin kingdom is reserved for that which relates to the monarchy — the Yoruba monarchy of Benin.

(4) Are you aware that as per the Àdá & Abẹ̀rẹ̀ Ẹbẹn; the name “Ẹbẹn” is a relatively recent Benin usage.

The Yorubas call it Abẹ̀rẹ̀, the Binis for some reasons now call it Ẹbẹn.

However, just a little dig into the writings from Benin shows that as at the close of the 1800s, Binis call it by its actual name — very close to its Yoruba rendition.

By that date (and of course back into the beginnings), Binis called it Ẹbẹn Ẹbẹrẹ.

Comparing the Yorubas’ Abẹ̀rẹ̀ with the old Bini form, Ẹbẹrẹ, and with the new-day Ẹbẹn; even a toddler will fish out the odd and fraudulent one.

In sum, the word Ada is a Yoruba word (while the Bini have their own word), yet they reserved this Yoruba word for a symbol of their Yoruba-derived monarchy.

Similarly, the word Ẹbẹn is a relatively recent alteration by the Binis. The older name as evident from earlier Benin writings (rather than present ones) is Ẹbẹrẹ which is recognizably one with the Yoruba form Abẹrẹ.

There is a clear attempt by Binis to erase its original traces as being from Yorubaland.

All the foregoing are only from the linguistic side for now, there is more evidence from archaeology, etc.

2. The Irrua's monarch is a Muslim (Christianity is not kur identity )
3. The Ishan ( my people ) were not under the Benin empire but mlre like allies. lol. •••
I don’t agree with you that Esan was never under Benin kingdom. Yes, Esan once had clashes with Benin, but it was later swallowed by the kingdom.

Benin kingdom is not Benin city alone. Pressing your argument further is like saying the imaginary empire is only Benin city and a few tiny places. No, Eshan was part of the Benin kingdom dear.

Oh he’s a Muslim and as such may use to the turban instead of the Edoid beaded ‘crowns’. Lol.

Well, the Olubadan is a Muslim too, and doesn’t use a turban instead of Yoruba crown or Yoruba cap.

Listen lad, if you must excuse your rulers’ turbans on the pretext that they are Muslims, then the Ilorin’s too are almost all Muslims.

So, their decision to adopt Islamic style rulership and seek independence from Oyo is a people’s decision.

You would have had a point if it was that the people of Ilorin were fighting on the side of the Oyo empire against foreigners. But no, it was the other way round.

So, if they decide again today that their leadership be changed from Islamic style to whatever they’ll decide, that again is a people’s decision.

Also you cunningly used Emir to make up with Ilorin, lol. baba there's no Emir title holder in Esan land. lol. I doubt that picture sef, maybe a chief cause The oJie of Jesus uses beads and not turban,
Did you say you doubt the picture? Lmao! Just say you can’t believe your eyes. And that’s the point I’m making.

In any case, Emir is an Islamic term (rather than Hausa or Fulani term), and the people are Muslims.

Just as your king’s turban is also an Islamic outfit for Islamic rulers, etc; and he is a Muslim.

So fair-fair, right? Lol.

Cc: theTranslator, musiwa10, Poiu11, FairlyUSEDpussy, Efewestern, geosegun, googi, nisai, rhektor, macof

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Th by christistruth01: 7:00pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:
Read this carefully, and be guided going forward.

(1) The land of the state called Lagos state today belongs aboriginally to the Yoruba subgroup called Awori.

Yes a very small fraction belongs to the Ijebu [Remo & Ode] subgroup along different axes. But Oyo is not in the picture if honesty is what we seek.

(2) You said modern-day Lagos state is made up of parts of Ogun state. That’s grossly incorrect.

What you probably intended to say is the point made in the 2nd para. of my point (1). As such, Lagos state is NOT made up of parts of Ogun state.

In fact, Lagos state was created at a point in time when there was no Ogun state. And its land mass has remained stable since it creation.

In case you object, then please name me the places which supposedly used to be in Ogun state, but now in Lagos state. Thanks.

(3) Yes, the name Eko actually refers exclusively to the island [alone]. But it has for a long time now being loosely applied to a wider geography of Lagos state.

However, the actual impression I’m trying to correct in your comment is the tendency to fall for the false but popular notion that Lagos island [Eko] was named or ruled by Benin.

That is an ignorant falsehood. Now you know. You’ve got no excuses anymore, right? Lol. Request evidence if you must, but now you know.

Peace.
geosegun

Tao11 Oyo controlled Badagry area before Colonisation but not now and the Onikoyi of Ikoyi is of Oyo ethnic roots though I accept he is Awori by now after 2 Centuries in Aworiland
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 8:07pm On Sep 02, 2021
christistruth01:
Tao11 Oyo controlled Badagry area before Colonisation but not now

I’m talking here of aboriginal ownership of land.

Oyo controlled the area thousands of years after aboriginal ownership had taken place.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Th by TAO11(f): 8:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
Think4Myself:
[s]Tao11 and tao12 = bots
Mods do the needful[/s]
LMAO! grin cheesy

E pain am die.

Cry me the Atlantic Ocean.

Re: Th by christistruth01: 8:35pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:
Sighs! I think you didn’t read the conversation at all. Let’s do more of reading if we must comment going forward.

I’m talking here of aboriginal ownership of land. How did you miss that?

But you’re talking here of how Oyo controlled the area thousands of years after aboriginal ownership had taken place.

Moreover, it was not even Oyo who directly conquered Badagree. It was Dahomey. Yes I’m aware Dahomey pays tributes to Oyo.

Plus what we’re discussing is aboriginal ownership not who conquered the Badagrees which is not Oyo even if that was the question

Moreover, Badagree is a frontier area and not a core Awori area; meaning that it is an area of interspersed Yoruba and Egun living intermingled for thousand of years.

What are you saying for God’s sake?

The Onikoyi of Lagos is NOT the Ikoyi of Oyo for God sake. They are two different sub-groups. One didn’t become the other. Let me break this down for you:

There was a certain Olofin (one of the descendants of Olofin Ogunfunminire or he himself) who ruled from Ido Island. He had sons to whom land was conferred.

These sons are called the Idejos. They were given different parts of “Lagos” to own and manage. The Onikoyi (in Lagos) was one of these sons of the Olofin.

In addition to owning different parts of the city and island, they became the land-owning oloyes at the Iga on the island, and they are:

(1) Olumẹgbọn
(2) Aromirẹ
(3) Oluwa
(4) Oniṣiwo
(5) Ọjọra
(6) Ọlọtọ
(7) Onitọọlọ
(8.) Onikoyi
(9) Onitana
(10) Oniru
(11) Eleguṣi

Got to time-stamp 2:39 of the embedded music to get the background, names and pronunciations yourself.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=8IPRpaLHubU&feature=share

I would advice you listen from the beginning sha.

The Onikoyi (in Lagos) is an Awori through & through from beginning he is one of the children of the Olofin.

Peace!

I will not argue with an Awori telling me the History of Lagos

It is your ground
Re: Th by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:
LMAO! grin cheesy

E pain am die.

Cry me the Atlantic Ocean.
You're the one crying
I hope it dosent get suicidal
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 8:40pm On Sep 02, 2021
christistruth01:
I will not argue with an Awori telling me the History of Lagos

It is your ground
Yea, the Onikoyi in Lagos is one of the Idejo (land-owners) —i.e., son of the Olofin.
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 8:42pm On Sep 02, 2021
Think4Myself:

[s]You're the one crying
I hope it dosent get suicidal[/s]
You once promised never to reply me (and that your brothers shouldn’t) because you think I need you.

What changed now if not SUICIDE. Buhaha

Re: Th by christistruth01: 9:05pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:
Yea, the Onikoyi in Lagos is one of the Idejo (land-owners) —i.e., son of the Olofin.

TAO11 I don't wish to argue with you because I know you own Lagos but this version says the Onikoyi was an Oyo man from Ikoyi in Osun State who married Aromires daughter

https://www.nigeriagalleria.com/Nigeria/States_Nigeria/Lagos/History-of-Lagos-Island-in-Lagos.html

Re: Th by TAO11(f): 9:07pm On Sep 02, 2021
christistruth01:
TAO11 I don't wish to argue with you because I know you own Lagos but this version says the Onikoyi was an Oyo man from Ikoyi in Osun State who married Armoires daughter

https://www.nigeriagalleria.com/Nigeria/States_Nigeria/Lagos/History-of-Lagos-Island-in-Lagos.html
Who is this version or more properly who is this blog??

I already gave you an old Lagos song which tells you who Onikoyi is — Idejo.

The idejos are no two kinds of people. They are sons of the Olofin. The land owners.

I though you would listen to it and consider it more authoritative from Lagos than a random blog.

Shouldn’t you?
Re: Th by christistruth01: 9:11pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:
Who is this version or more properly who is this blog??

I already gave you an old Lagos song which tells you who Onikoyi is — Idejo.

I though you would listen to it and consider it more authoritative from Lagos than a random blog.

Shouldn’t you?

The Onikoyis website which is now offline was where I first read the Story that the first Onikoyi was an Ikoyi man who was made an Idejo after Marrying Aromires daughte

He further explained that he was made an Idejo not because. Ikoyi was under oba of Lagos but because he also owned land in Obalende and the Ikoyi was completely independent of the Oba of Lagos
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 9:13pm On Sep 02, 2021
christistruth01:
The Onikoyis website which is now offline was where I first read the Story that he was an Ikoyi man who was made an Idejo after Marrying Aromires daughter
Is the screenshot you posted from Onikoyi’s website?

Let us first get that out of the way first so there is no confusion. So, yes or no to the above question.
Re: Th by christistruth01: 9:18pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:
Is the screenshot you posted from Onikoyi’s website?

Let us first get that out of the way first so there is no confusion. So, yes or no to the above question.

No.

I went to get the screen shot and found the Onikoyis website was offline

He explained that Ikoyi was completely independent of the Oba of Lagos and Benin and he was a white cap chief of Lagos as well only because he owned land in Obalende which is the Oba of Lagos domain

He really clarified a lot of knotty issues and explained that he had his own separate Crown given to him by Ooni

I got the other Screenshot when I couldn't get the Onikoyis website because the Story was saying the same thing that Onikoyi was an Oyo man from Ikoyi who married Aromires daughter
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 9:27pm On Sep 02, 2021
christistruth01:
No.
Don’t muddle things up. Please be straightforward.

Are you saying your screenshot is NOT from Ikoyi (of Lagos’) website?

Just answer this question without muddling other things into it.

I went to get the screen shot and found the Onikoyis website was offline

He explained that Ikoyi was completely independent of the Oba of Lagos and Benin and he was a white cap chief of Lagos as well only because he owned land in Obalende which is the Oba of Lagos domain

He really clarified a lot of knotty issues and that he had his own separate Crown
This part of your comment is inaccurate and unnecessary. Let’s focus on things one at a time.

Let’s deal with that question above without muddling anything to whatsoever into it. We can then later come to this part.

I know this is clear to you. So answer that question with utmost clarity and sincerity without mixing anything with it.

Thanks.
Re: Th by christistruth01: 9:31pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:

Don’t muddle things up. Please be straightforward.

Are you saying your screenshot is NOT from Ikoyi (of Lagos’) website?

Just answer this question without muddling other things into it.

This part of your comment is inaccurate and unnecessary. Let’s focus on things one at a time.

Let’s deal with that question above without muddling anything to whatsoever into it. We can then later come to this part.

I know this is clear to you. So answer that question with utmost clarity and sincerity without mixing anything with it.

Thanks.

The Screen shot is not from the Onikoyi of Lagos's website but the story is almost the same as what was on the Onikoyis website

Tao11 you are acting like a headmaster
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 9:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
christistruth01:
The Screen shot is not from the Onikoyis website
Great.

That screenshot is NOT from the Onikoyi’s website.

I needed that to be super clear so we don’t confuse people intentionally or unintentionally.

but the story is almost the same as what was on the Onikoyis website
How can we verify that the content of your screenshot would match what is on Onikoyi’s website?

Remember that screenshot is not from Onikoyi’s website as you admitted.

TAO11 you are acting like a headmaster
Lol.
Re: Th by christistruth01: 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:
Great. That screenshot is not from the Onikoyi’s website.

I needed that to be super clear so we don’t confuse people intentionally or unintentionally.

How can we verify that the content of your screenshot would match what is on Onikoyi’s website?

Remember that screenshot is not from Onikoyi’s website as you admitted.

I was wandering if I could get another website linked to the Onikoyi of Lagos with the History on it

I think Oniru also married into the Olofin family as well
Re: Th by TAO11(f): 9:47pm On Sep 02, 2021
christistruth01:
I was wandering if I could get another website linked to the Onikoyi of Lagos with the History on it
Good luck getting that.

But my point is that you have not provided a Lagos tradition.

What you provided is a screenshot from a random blog whose credibility on Lagos traditions is unknown.
————
My next question before going back to the points you made earlier:

You had said that the content of that blog screenshot you posted is one and the same as what the Onikoyi’s website.

How can you prove that to us here when you haven’t brought forward the Onikoyi’s website screenshot?

That’s the next question. Let’s stick to the question so everything is not convoluted. Remember I must also address some claims you made earlier.

Oniru also married into the Olofin family as well
One thing at a time. You are not a confusionist. Right?

Thanks
Re: Th by christistruth01: 9:50pm On Sep 02, 2021
TAO11:
Good luck getting that.

But my point is that you have not provided a Lagos tradition.

What you provided is a screenshot from a random blog whose credibility on Lagos traditions is unknown.
————
My next question before going back to the points you made earlier:

You had said that the content of that blog screenshot you posted is one and the same as what the Onikoyi’s website.

How can you prove that to us here when you haven’t brought forward the Onikoyi’s website screenshot?

That’s the next question. Let’s stick to the question so everything is not convoluted. Remember I must also address some claims you made earlier.

One thing at a time. You are not a confusionist. Right?

Thanks

The Oniru one I am not 100% certain but the Onikoyi one I am sure

Re: Th by TAO11(f): 9:55pm On Sep 02, 2021
christistruth01:

The Oniru one I am not 100% certain but the Onikoyi one I am sure
Two things:

(1) I am not talking about Oniru. So let’s not bring it up. At least not now.

(2) You didn’t answer my question. You probably missed it by oversight.

Please read it again and answer it — without bringing anything else into it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

A Brief History Of The Igarra People..my People / The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture / Baale Beats Resident To Coma For Failing To Pay Obeisance To Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.