Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,192 members, 7,873,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:16 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (884529 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (613) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jagbasneh(m): 1:09pm On Apr 19, 2022
scardi:

I paid on the 11th and I've still not received mine. I'm thinking of going to their office.
Let me know if you later go
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 1:20pm On Apr 19, 2022
chifreke:
Please my people what's a clean DBS?, can Nigeria police report stand in that aspect

No
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2022
scardi:

I paid on the 11th and I've still not received mine. I'm thinking of going to their office.

Chill. When I did mine, I paid on 12th then got the remaining details on 19th. Today is just the fourth working day since you applied. You should be getting it by tomorrow or next.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bennymine: 1:35pm On Apr 19, 2022
chifreke:
Please my people what's a clean DBS?, can Nigeria police report stand in that aspect

Clean DBS implies, a Disclosure and Barring Service report with no bad record.

It's for people in the UK. If you are, then you can apply to DBS for a report or your employer will do so on your behalf and with your permission. It helps recruiters make right decision on whom they employ, especially when they work with vulnerable persons.

If you are in Nigeria, police report serves close to the same purpose. I believe it is the closest to DBS report, for someone in Nigeria. It's up to the employer to decide if that's good enough for what they need it for.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Hanzzyyy(m): 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2022
Hello Members... Someone has an urgent question so decided to share it here... If a Main Applicant ticked No if Dependant or Partner will join her in the UK but they'll wanna join her later(3Months time) ...
Was she meant to have ticked Yes
Thanks smiley looking forward to a Swift Reply...
Will her choosing NO affect Husband and Children Dependant Visa Application??
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by TomatoSauce1: 2:40pm On Apr 19, 2022
Hanzzyyy:
Hello Members... Someone has an urgent question so decided to share it here... If a Main Applicant ticked No if Dependant or Partner will join her in the UK but they'll wanna join her later(3Months time) ...
Was she meant to have ticked Yes
Thanks smiley looking forward to a Swift Reply...
Will her choosing NO affect Husband and Children Dependant Visa Application??...

I was in a similar situation, I think the question asked is " Will they be traveling with you to the UK?" I ticked No. However, at the end where they asked for additional info, I mentioned that they would join me later. I don't think it would affect their application. When they are ready, all they need to do is provide your cos number and the required documents as stated previously on this thread.

4 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Skynet2021: 2:44pm On Apr 19, 2022
Has anyone gotten feedback on offer from ENA care please? Last email I got from them is that they are not taking further applications but working on those that have been shortlisted. (I applied for live-in carer
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kennyg290: 3:00pm On Apr 19, 2022
Hello NL, I watched a recruiter called sofia on YouTube channel where she was asked why did some applications failed to be approved or selected for interview.
One of the reasons she gave was most people are over qualified for the assistant jobs that most of them will go to UK and start pursuing their dream job instead of the assistant job. In view of this most application will b turned down couple with other points she made.
I think it's an eye opener to some that has not submitted their application. Good luck

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by scardi: 3:05pm On Apr 19, 2022
Ok I'll wait. Thanks
Emurate1:

Chill. When I did mine, I paid on 12th then got the remaining details on 19th. Today is just the fourth working day since you applied. You should be getting it by tomorrow or next.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jum33: 3:17pm On Apr 19, 2022
TomatoSauce1:

I was in a similar situation, I think the question asked is " Will they be traveling with you to the UK?" I ticked No. However, at the end where they asked for additional info, I mentioned that they would join me later. I don't think it would affect their application. When they are ready, all they need to do is provide your cos number and the required documents as stated previously on this thread.
The answer is "No" since they you won't be traveling together at that instant.
Dependants applications are automatic and can be opened anytime they wish to join the main applicant.

4 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Hanzzyyy(m): 3:36pm On Apr 19, 2022
Thanks so much for the information provided, I appreciate cheesy, Good luck on your future endeavors
TomatoSauce1:

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by sharpsharp: 3:55pm On Apr 19, 2022
bennymine:

PCM rent - about £300 - £700 (i.e., for a room in shared apartment to a 2 bedroom)
Groceries - about £100 per week upward (depending on your life style)
Electricity/Gas bills - about £100 per month up (depending on house size, insulation, gas or electricity heating and cooking, also personal usage and if rent include bills for shared apartment)
Council tax - about £150 per month (depending on the council)
TV license - £159 per year (colour TV)
Miscellaneous - It's possible to keep it below £300 per month (one month bus ticket, phone contract, body, clothing, eat out with friends)

All estimates are based on outside London living.

Thanks for this breakdown.

Going on the high side of rent PCM of £700.

Taking the best case scenario.

That means for a start a total of about £1,510

While subsequent months can be £1,350 expenses every month.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by TomatoSauce1: 4:10pm On Apr 19, 2022
jum33:

The answer is "No" since they you won't be traveling together at that instant.
Dependants applications are automatic and can be opened anytime they wish to join the main applicant.
You're on point

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by TomatoSauce1: 4:10pm On Apr 19, 2022
Hanzzyyy:
Thanks so much for the information provided, I appreciate cheesy, Good luck on your future endeavors

You too, you're welcome

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by starboi63(m): 4:51pm On Apr 19, 2022
Pls who can connect with someone in the UK for hotel jobs, I have lotsof experience and I have diploma in hotel management, certificate in food safety and hygiene, certificate in customer relations..
I am thinking of writing IELTS next month.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kennyg290: 6:36am On Apr 20, 2022
Atanda92:

The last message i gt from them is that they are lookng at IELTS results since then i havent here from them

It means all documents should be available b4 submitting an application. IELTS is the most important and D cost no b here oooo. We move on
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by chifreke(f): 6:36am On Apr 20, 2022
scardi:

Please do, you paid before me and I have gotten all the information needed.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by chifreke(f): 6:37am On Apr 20, 2022
Emurate1:

No
OK, how do I access or get DBS
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kennyg290: 6:38am On Apr 20, 2022
It means all documents should be available b4 submitting an application. IELTS is the most important and D cost no b here oooo. We move on.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by chifreke(f): 6:38am On Apr 20, 2022
Gracias!

bennymine:

Clean DBS implies, a Disclosure and Barring Service report with no bad record.

It's for people in the UK. If you are, then you can apply to DBS for a report or your employer will do so on your behalf and with your permission. It helps recruiters make right decision on whom they employ, especially when they work with vulnerable persons.

If you are in Nigeria, police report serves close to the same purpose. I believe it is the closest to DBS report, for someone in Nigeria. It's up to the employer to decide if that's good enough for what they need it for.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kennyg290: 6:40am On Apr 20, 2022
Atanda92:

The last message i gt from them is that they are lookng at IELTS results since then i havent here from them

It means all documents should be available b4 submitting an application. IELTS is the most important and D cost no b here oooo. We move on

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kennyg290: 11:14am On Apr 20, 2022
sharpsharp:

Thanks for this breakdown.

Going on the high side of rent PCM of £700.

Taking the best case scenario.

That means for a start a total of about £1,510

While subsequent months can be £1,350 expenses every month.

This is nice to compare to some wk in naija. If u are paid �28k and u spend 1350 monthly, with current exchange rate of 541 to a �. It means some1 can save like 500k naira monthly. UK opportunity is very important

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by stanvesco(m): 11:59am On Apr 20, 2022
Kennyg290:
Hello NL, I watched a recruiter called sofia on YouTube channel where she was asked why did some applications failed to be approved or selected for interview.
One of the reasons she gave was most people are over qualified for the assistant jobs that most of them will go to UK and start pursuing their dream job instead of the assistant job. In view of this most application will b turned down couple with other points she made.
I think it's an eye opener to some that has not submitted their application. Good luck

Lolllllllllling
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by aminlove(m): 12:08pm On Apr 20, 2022
I say make I confirm again, apart from the form given to us during biometric, what other things needed for passport collection?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by chifreke(f): 2:12pm On Apr 20, 2022
If you haven't done tbtest please do so, I was at the office today and was booked 7th june
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jiigga: 2:37pm On Apr 20, 2022
chifreke:
If you haven't done tbtest please do so, I was at the office today and was booked 7th june

Hi, @chifreke

Please, , is this the TB centre in lagos ??
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 3:03pm On Apr 20, 2022
jiigga:

Hi, @chifreke

Please, , is this the TB centre in lagos ??

That should be at Lagos. Abuja still has available dates for this month
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mesoma12: 4:26pm On Apr 20, 2022
Can it be fast tracked?
chifreke:
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Teemty007: 4:33pm On Apr 20, 2022
Good evening Dear NLs,

Big ups to everyone, from the originator of this thread to all the contributors, we shall all succeed in our japa struggle. I have been following this thread since I searched it up and every information have been helpful.

I rebuilt my cv and applied for 5 jobs that does not require experience in HC. I got the attached mail from one of the employer.

I only have My Intl passport and Academic and work records at the moment. My question is: Should I wait to get all docs before responding or reply with what i currently have and tell them I will forward the rest soon?
I understand forwarding these documents will qualify me for interview. Pls has anyone been in this shoe before? Your kind response please. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by annieberl(f): 5:04pm On Apr 20, 2022
Teemty007:
Good evening Dear NLs,

Big ups to everyone, from the originator of this thread to all the contributors, we shall all succeed in our japa struggle. I have been following this thread since I searched it up and every information have been helpful.

I rebuilt my cv and applied for 5 jobs that does not require experience in HC. I got the attached mail from one of the employer.

I only have My Intl passport and Academic and work records at the moment. My question is: Should I wait to get all docs before responding or reply with what i currently have and tell them I will forward the rest soon?
I understand forwarding these documents will qualify me for interview. Pls has anyone been in this shoe before? Your kind response please. Thank you.

Is this from Absolute? Got same from them. Please check your mail (from annieberl)
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jiigga: 5:54pm On Apr 20, 2022
Emurate1:

That should be at Lagos. Abuja still has available dates for this month

Yes sirrr...
I already thought it had to be Lagos... .. .
It goes without saying , , , Thats the center for all the rush (if you catch my drift) .. .. Lol

& im never with the rush..

Anyways,
by asking @chifreke, , i was only trynna make sure..

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (613) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: advanceDNA, fassy29(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.