Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,179 members, 7,916,444 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 11:51 PM

Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 (23440 Views)

Poll: Who Lifts The 2011 Champions League Trophy?

Barcelona(Spain): 52% (73 votes)
Machester United(England): 47% (67 votes)
This poll has ended

Barcelona V PSG : UCL (1 - 1) On 10th April 2013 / Barcelona V Spartak Moscow (3 - 2) On 19th September 2012 / Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by clerc(m): 10:24pm On May 28, 2011
@mama-gee, before he(ronaldo) start running wit the ball who passed the ball to him?, messi can also score individual goals, ask brazil,madrid,getafe,valencia,athletico madrid, check messi's goals how many are tap ins?, he still would have to takia of a defender or two before scoring
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by Effiko(m): 10:24pm On May 28, 2011
Iysayah:

Can anyone think of any club, Team,  past or present, that could have beaten Barcelona today?
if man u lost against dem , de no oda club wud hv done anyting
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by phreakabit(m): 10:25pm On May 28, 2011
[img][/img]ROBBING

WTF? Are you high on Chlorine?  embarassed
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by mamagee3(f): 10:25pm On May 28, 2011
phreakabit:

WELL WE ARE CHAMPIONS AND CR7 IS SITTING HIS "MR HEY LOOK AT ME I AM A MODEL" backside @ HOME WATCHING!!!!! THERE'S STILL ROOM  LEFT IN THIS BARCA BUS TO GREATNESS LEGENDARY STATUS, YOU MIGHT WANT TO JUMP SHIP B4 ITS TOO LATE. BTW I THOUGHT YOU USE TO BE A BARCA FAN?
*Coughs* *Coughs*

At least, he's very well satisfied that he beat an 11 man barcelona to win the Copa del rey trophy, a match that was never questioned by the fans in terms of tactics and class.

Plus, he has broken soooo much record this season, so he has no reason to sweat over a bunch of divers winning some trophy, anyway. grin

He's the only player to win the European golden shoe twice in two different clubs and championships.

He beat greats like Telmo Zarra and Hugo Sanchez and became the highest goal scorer in the history of spain's La liga, a record that'll never be forgotten for a long time.

Unlike barcelona who dived their way to the quarterfinals and semifinals levelling their tough opponents to 10 men and then managing to win. . .I was even shocked to see them win this match without the help of Uefa and the referee, I guess mourinho must have opened their can of worms. grin grin grin
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by morena27(f): 10:27pm On May 28, 2011
Yes ooo the best team in the planet woooooonnnnnnnnnn, oh my GOD i am so happy, VISCA BARCA,
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by Iysayah(m): 10:27pm On May 28, 2011
Heard Dimitar Berbatov left the stadium before match kick off. grin grin grin
Baaaaaaad Guy ! he saw the blow coming. grin grin grin
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by mamaorga(f): 10:28pm On May 28, 2011
ARE YOU LISTENING TO YOURSELF?
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT HERE. IF MESSI DEPENDS ON HIS TEAM MATES TO FEED HIM THE BALL TO SCORE WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT?
THAT DOES NOT UNDERMINE HIS CAPABILITIES IN ANYWAY FOR YOUR INFORMATION
SYNCHRONISATION IS KEY IN FOOTBALL. A GOOD TEAM IS SUPPOSED TO WORK TOGETHER.
IF RONALDO DOES NOT DEPEND ON HIS TEAM MATES TO SCORE AS YOU CLAIM, LET HIM SINGLE HANDEDLY PLAY ON THE FIELD AGAINST 11 MEN?
U ARE SERIOUSLY NOT MAKING ANY SENSE AT ALL.

mama-gee:

@clerc.

Funny how you claimed di maria and ozil feeds ronaldo with the ball. . . grin grin grin

Since when did ronaldo have the reputation for depending on his teammates to feed him with the ball and then score? he does it all on his own that's why his critics can just stop at calling him a selfish player unlike your messi who only depends on Xavi and iniesta, the two best midfielders in the world, probably of all time.

If messi scores, it's either Xavi or iniesta that gave the assist, believe me. grin grin

78% of messi's goals was set in by Xavi or inesta and you sit there blabbing bangladesh. . .something the true greats like ronaldinho, ronaldo phenomeno, cristiano ronaldo and kaka of three years ago never had in their agenda. . .

Face it, this balon d'or or whatever you call it has become as biased as the Sun Newspaper I usually read in Nigeria every morning. grin grin

It stopped holding weight as of January 11, 2011 when Sneijder was robbed of it after having the best season a player can ever have in a single season in football's history.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by chelseabmw(m): 10:28pm On May 28, 2011
am so happy
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by emmatok(m): 10:29pm On May 28, 2011
mama-gee:

Funny how you claimed di maria and ozil feeds ronaldo with the ball. . . grin grin grin

Since when did ronaldo have the reputation for depending on his teammates to feed him with the ball and then score? he does it all on his own that's why his critics can just stop at calling him a selfish player unlike your messi who only depends on Xavi and iniesta, the two best midfielders in the world, probably of all time.

If messi scores, it's either Xavi or iniesta that gave the assist, believe me. grin grin

78% of messi's goals was set in by Xavi or inesta and you sit there blabbing bangladesh. . .something the true greats like ronaldinho, ronaldo phenomeno, cristiano ronaldo and kaka of three years ago never had in their agenda. . .

Face it, this balon d'or or whatever you call it has become as biased as the Sun Newspaper I usually read in Nigeria every morning. grin grin

It stopped holding weight as of January 11, 2011 when Sneijder was robbed of it after having the best season a player can ever have in a single season in football's history.

Are saying CR7 don't get assitanct b4 scoring? angry angry It show you don't watch football at all.

For your info Messi has the highest assist in Spain.

Did you Messi's goal? tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by phreakabit(m): 10:29pm On May 28, 2011
mama-gee:

*Coughs* *Coughs*

At least, he's very well satisfied that he beat an 11 man barcelona to win the Copa del rey trophy, a match that was never questioned by the fans in terms of tactics and class.

Plus, he has broken soooo much record this season, so he has no reason to sweat over a bunch of divers winning some trophy, anyway. grin

He's the only player to win the European golden shoe twice in two different clubs and championships.

He beat greats like Telmo Zarra and Hugo Sanchez and became the highest goal scorer in the history of spain's La liga, a record that'll never be forgotten for a long time.

Unlike barcelona who dived their way to the quarterfinals and semifinals levelling their tough opponents to 10 men and then managing to win. . .I was even shocked to see them win this match without the help of Uefa and the referee, I guess mourinho must have opened their can of worms. grin grin grin

Personal achievements would do him no good. Ballon d'Or would once again go to the true special one LIONEL MESSI! An absolute genius and astute team player. Not a show man like some other guys I know.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by mamagee3(f): 10:29pm On May 28, 2011
Ronaldo is well-known for carrying a team all on his own something even his own critics and enemies can attest to. . .

Did ronaldo also depend on rooney and other great players to score 42 goals 3 years ago in Manchester United? undecided

This argument is quite lame since it's been well known that ronaldo is a goal-scoring machine in every club he sets his talentful and legendary foot on. . .something that everyone is still waiting to see from Lionel messi.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by shilling(f): 10:30pm On May 28, 2011
mama-gee:

Ronaldo is well-known for carrying a team all on his own something even his own critics and enemies can attest to. . .

Did ronaldo also depend on rooney and other great players to score 42 goals 3 years ago in Manchester United? undecided

This argument is quite lame since it's been well known that ronaldo is a goal-scoring machine in every club he sets his talentful and legendary foot on. . .something that everyone is still waiting to see from Lionel messi.

I have to agree with that!
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by mamaorga(f): 10:32pm On May 28, 2011
I TIRE FOR MAMA GEE OOO
THIS IS REALLY SOME SHALLOW TALK
emmatok:

Are saying CR7 don't get assitanct b4 scoring? angry angry It show you don't watch football at all.

For your info Messi has the highest assist in Spain.

Did you Messi's goal? tongue tongue tongue tongue
shilling:

Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by Limaoscar: 10:32pm On May 28, 2011
I was wondering how most pundits and sports fans thought Man-U was going to obliterate Barca's sublime play at this Final without  consideration for the these Barca's quartet, Pedro, Iniesta, Xavi and Messi.These four are wicked, very wicked!
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by segunhot: 10:33pm On May 28, 2011
Congrats to Barca although I wanted Man Utd to win but once again congrats to Barca. As an Arsenal fan, I still think the best league in the world is EPL. (La Liga is good but not as good as EPL.) I still maintain that if there is any team that would beat Barcelona it is Arsenal
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by mamagee3(f): 10:33pm On May 28, 2011
phreakabit:

Personal achievement would do him no good. Ballon d'Or would once again go to the true special one LIONEL MESSI! An absolute genius and astute team player. Not a show man like some other guys I know.
Seriously, who cares? That wouldn't erase ronaldo's name in La liga history. . .beating records after records after just two years in a league that has the so-called world best player in it.

20 years from now, Children wouldn't be going about thinking about the number of balon d'or messi won instead they'll be going into the history books to acquire knowledge of the true greats in football's history. . .

Cristiano ronaldo's name is written in the history of La liga alongside hugo sanchez and ronaldo phenomeno while messi's name will probably be written in may be " The books of balon d'or(s). grin grin grin
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by AjanleKoko: 10:34pm On May 28, 2011
All you guys engaging mama-gee no get work abeg. Unless this thread is about Days Of Our Lives or something
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by chelseabmw(m): 10:36pm On May 28, 2011
Please u guys should leave my mamagee alone. . . .

Mamagee whats up?
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by Effiko(m): 10:37pm On May 28, 2011
chelsea fans are evn happy , i pity una cos i cnt see u guys playin a champs leag final in d nearest future
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by phreakabit(m): 10:37pm On May 28, 2011
mama-gee:

20 years from now, Children wouldn't be going about thinking about the number of balon d'or messi won instead they'll be going into the history books to acquire knowledge of the true greats in football's history. . .

Like seriously??!! I dont want to sound sexist so I will leave it at that!
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by mamagee3(f): 10:38pm On May 28, 2011
AjanleKoko:

All you guys engaging mama-gee no get work abeg. Unless this thread is about Days Of Our Lives or something
This is real talk!

They claim messi is the best and I'm still yet to see absolute proof of his greatness from them. . .

This shows that most messi bandwagoners just enjoy riding on his train because they don't wanna be alone. grin
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by Iysayah(m): 10:38pm On May 28, 2011
shilling:

look quite all these your one-sided mouth talk, was he not in the United team disgraced in 2009?
was your CR7 not in the team Barca disgraced 5-1 at Camp Nou?
was he not at the Bernabeau when Barca messed them up last season?
so whats your point.
CR7 how old is he? how many champions league trophy has he won
check up Messi's age and the trophies he has won.
A good player need not brag, you only check is collections. it speaks for itself.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by clerc(m): 10:38pm On May 28, 2011
, ronaldo is a scoring machine, wen he was in man utd, ronaldo finishes his TEAM counter attacks, do u know how many goald rooney scored last season?, remove valencia assits and the guy is left wit nothing, the thing ronaldo is good at scoring goals but he has good team mates, why dosent he repeat the same feat in portgula away from the ozil and di maria, messi scored a senational goal against brazil, assisted against portugal and USA, but ur boy ronaldo cant be found any where,
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by emmatok(m): 10:39pm On May 28, 2011
mama-gee:

Did Ronaldo also depend on rooney and other great players to score 42 goals 3 years ago in Manchester United? undecided

You can continue dreaming about CR7.

Is it the-same Ronaldo  that always dive and complain for red card during his days at MAN U?

You can not compare Messi with Ronaldo .

C.Ronaldo may be faster.

But Messi is a good dribbler.

Football is all about dribbling.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by mamagee3(f): 10:42pm On May 28, 2011
emmatok:

You can continue dreaming about CR7.

Is it the-same Ronaldo that always dive and complain for red cad during his days at MAN U?

You can not compare Messi with Ronaldo .

C.Ronaldo may be faster.

But Messi is a good dribbler.

Nah!

It's the same Cristiano ronaldo that beat messi to it and won the 2011 European golden shoe. . .

This has nothing to do with skills, it's just a case of statistical accumulation and logical reasoning, ronaldo is a better player in every area of the game.

The same guy that broke Sanchez's goal scoring record, it's the same phenomenal player.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by Tnot(m): 10:43pm On May 28, 2011
BARCA 4Life!!!
  No be mouth, Barcelona's much more than the best.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by renewnaija(m): 10:44pm On May 28, 2011
When will people realise that Ronaldo is not in the same league as Messi? If you were Barca president/coach, will you let him go for any price? People just come here and spew dumb talk that he needs to prove himself elsewhere.

Kindly stop insulting Messi. Maybe Ronaldo is the best in the world. As for Messi, he is not of this planet.  Even Ronaldo knows it.

For the football greats to say he might be the greatest of all time should shut you anti-Messi fans up cos you know nothing about football. Ronaldo will never be known as top 10 greatest football stars of all time. Ask around and dont embarrass yourselves.

As for Barca, like I have been saying we might be watching the greatest club side of all time. Lets just enjoy the team & stop comparisons.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by Stealthy(m): 10:45pm On May 28, 2011
Lol that some people have turned this to a Messi vs Ronaldo thread. Funny enough, they say Messi has Xavi/Iniesta, forgetting that the Oezil to Ronaldo assist has one of the highest counts in Europe this season.

Back to the match: Barca was far superior to Manu tonight and this was one of the most mesmerizing UCL finals ever. Sir Alex knew his team simply couldn't match Barca, even with the advantage of playing in England. Thank God there were no controversial moments - it was a very clean victory, which makes it sweeter. Barca have now rightfully earned the tag of the world's best.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by AjanleKoko: 10:49pm On May 28, 2011
renewnaija:

Kindly stop insulting Messi. Maybe Ronaldo is the best in the world. As for Messi, he is not of this planet.  Even Ronaldo knows it.

Ronaldo said 'The God of Soccer sent me to the world to show how goals should be scored.'

Someone asked Messi, and he said 'I didn't send anyone anywhere!'

Ronaldo - great goalscorer in league.

Messi - Chairman of Champions League. 3 Seasons now as Top Scorer in Champions League.

Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by Mcleo007(m): 10:52pm On May 28, 2011
@mamagee, anyone exchanging any form of argument with you is practically wasting his/her time. You've proven times without number that you know little or nothing about the game called Soccer. People compare Messi with the greats like Pele, Maradonna, Platini and co, ur here comparing him with Ronaldo. Thats a categorical mistake! undecided Now, You said CR7 scored 42 goals in a season, right! Go and check the stats, 20 of those goals were from the spot kick (penalty). And this season, his "many goals"   is quite phenomenal to say the least. Have you asked urself why more than half of those goals are against lowly teams? The likes of Getafe, Levante and Real sociedad are mere teams.
Hate him or love it, Messi is out of this planet. He's a class act. A big game player. I can go on and on.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by mamagee3(f): 10:55pm On May 28, 2011
renewnaija:

When will people realise that Ronaldo is not in the same league as Messi? If you were Barca president/coach, will you let him go for any price? People just come here and spew dumb talk that he needs to prove himself elsewhere.

For the football greats to say he might be the greatest of all time should shut you anti-Messi fans up cos you know nothing about football. Ronaldo will never be known as top 10 greatest football stars of all time. Ask around and dont embarrass yourselves.

As for Barca, like I have been saying we might be watching the greatest club side of all time. Lets just enjoy the team & stop comparisons.
I laugh in Kandahar!!! grin grin

You're trying to assert that messi is the best from another planet when you can't even prove with absolute statistical accumulation that's he's the best in the world. . .

Continue making my day, I bet when Uefa goes against messi, you as a messi train rider would go against him too. . .

You know what's funny about you messi bandwagoners, "You guys just can't stop shaking and making excuses when your beloved master gets beat or performs beyond expectations" grin grin

AjanleKoko:

Ronaldo said 'The God of Soccer sent me to the world to show how goals should be scored.'

Someone asked Messi, and he said 'I didn't send anyone anywhere!'

More like ronaldo said "I didn't send anyone anywhere" remember? undecided

Cristiano ronaldo, the most complete and dedicated player, makes a name and creates an impact in a team. . .

An impact that can never be forgotten such as the one he created in Old Trafford and he has created in the Santiago Bernabeu.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by Mcleo007(m): 10:56pm On May 28, 2011
Take a look at the big games, Messi comes out flaming. He's always there when the team needs him. But Ronaldo? He's always clueless when the chips are down.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Burnley: EFL Cup (2 - 0) On 21st Dec 2022 / Liverpool Vs Newcastle United (3 - 1) On 14th September 2019 / Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.