Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,370 members, 7,888,206 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:37 PM

Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 (23278 Views)

Poll: Who Lifts The 2011 Champions League Trophy?

Barcelona(Spain): 52% (73 votes)
Machester United(England): 47% (67 votes)
This poll has ended

Barcelona V PSG : UCL (1 - 1) On 10th April 2013 / Barcelona V Spartak Moscow (3 - 2) On 19th September 2012 / Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by Stealthy(m): 10:56pm On May 28, 2011
Ronaldo can win golden shoes for the next 5 years, I dont care, so long as Messi keeps leading Barca to more titles.

Really smart of pep to rest the boys last few matches. They looked rusty early  on, but became unstoppable as the match wore on, while manu got tired from chasing the ball (very frustrating as those of us who play footie can confirm).

Next target is for Barca to become the 1st team to win UCL back-to-back.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by AjanleKoko: 10:58pm On May 28, 2011
mama-gee:

I laugh in Kandahar!!! grin grin

Cristiano ronaldo, the most complete and dedicated player, makes a name and creates an impact in a team. . .

An impact that can never be forgotten such as the one he created in Old Trafford and he has created in the Santiago Bernabeu.

Yes, I remember that impact. The one where he ran after Masch and Pique all night chasing the ball, while Messi walked the ball through 5 of his team-mates, to score one of the greatest Champions League Goals ever. Yes, I remember the impact well. He even managed to not even get a single shot off at goal grin
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by Mcleo007(m): 11:00pm On May 28, 2011
@mama gee, i hope u soon come out of this uncommon obsession u have over Ronaldo. He knows his place. I just dont see why u keep pushing his stead. embarassed
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by SAKUR: 11:00pm On May 28, 2011
mama-gee:

Nah!

It's the same Cristiano ronaldo that beat messi to it and won the 2011 European golden shoe. . .

This has nothing to do with skills, it's just a case of statistical accumulation and logical reasoning, ronaldo is a better player in every area of the game.

The same guy that broke Sanchez's goal scoring record, it's the same phenomenal player.

I don't really understand your problem with Barcelona , but as you can you already know we are the champions of Europe again.You can still switch from Arsenal to Barcelona and become a champion next season I'm still celebrating now why you are so mad that Barcelona won I  was right when I told you that  Barcelona will win.UP BARCA,UP MESSI
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by DASLEEKY: 11:03pm On May 28, 2011
[size=16pt]Some people just like to create unnecessary controversy, Well, personally I'm of the opinion the Ref cost Man U the game, :-)[/size]
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by mamagee3(f): 11:04pm On May 28, 2011
Mcleo007:

@mamagee, anyone exchanging any form of argument with you is practically wasting his/her time. You've proven times without number that you know little or nothing about the game called Soccer. People compare Messi with the greats like Pele, Maradonna, Platini and co, your here comparing him with Ronaldo. Thats a categorical mistake! undecided Now, You said CR7 scored 42 goals in a season, right! Go and check the stats, 20 of those goals were from the spot kick (penalty). And this season, his "many goals"   is quite phenomenal to say the least. Have you asked urself why more than half of those goals are against lowly teams? The likes of Getafe, Levante and Real sociedad are mere teams.
Hate him or love it, Messi is out of this planet. He's a class act. A big game player. I can go on and on.
Don't even get me started with this " he scored against low teams" BS. .

Is that why he scored against barcelona in the Copa del rey and led them to winning the trophy? grin grin

Where was Messi when Barcelona got beat by hercules?, a team that's up for relegation this season? undecided

For christ's sake, ronaldo was injured for like two months and yet he still managed to beat your so called magical messi in winning the European golden shoe which means while messi was scoring goals in the pitch he was out recovering. . .

If Messi was that great, how come he sat there and swallowed the 4-0 thrashing from Germany in the World Cup? undecided

Guess why: Cause there's no Xavi and Iniesta in Argentina.

Eto, ronaldo, ronaldinho all proved themselves in more than one league even our Okocha proved himself in three different clubs, why can't messi do the same?

To be the best in the world, you must prove that you can create an upset in any league you play in, with any player you surround yourself with. . .ronaldo has proved all these. . .messi hasn't!

That should tell you who the best player is. . .
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by phreakabit(m): 11:04pm On May 28, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Yes, I remember that impact. The one where he ran after Masch and Pique all night chasing the ball, while Messi walked the ball through 5 of his team-mates, to score one of the greatest Champions League Goals ever. Yes, I remember the impact well. He even managed to not even get a single shot off at goal grin

Talk about a golden moment in history. I think you should have placed and exclamation mark behind the "ever" just to stress how important that goal was and is to the history of football.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by renewnaija(m): 11:06pm On May 28, 2011
@ mama-gee.

Someone rightly pointed out that it is a waste of time talking about the obvious. What the elders see sitting down, the youths cannot see standing.

You dare ask for Messi's stats & compare them against Ron and still want to make comparisons?

Kindly google his awards, trophies and football stats then have a beer parlour argument with those you think will listen. Then realise who you are dealing with.

I assume you have no iota about who Messi is. Study him. Revel in what he does. Your discipleship to Ronaldo will fall into pieces when you realise that Messi is an alien.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by phreakabit(m): 11:09pm On May 28, 2011
mama-gee:

What happened when KAKA, Ronaldinho and Robinho played for Brazil? I am talking about 3 play makers here! Answer that and then tell me what happens when you play Higuian, Diving Di Maria, Carlos Tevez and The exceptionally talented Lionel Messi in a team ? Note : They all play the same role Naturally
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by Stealthy(m): 11:09pm On May 28, 2011
People, pls ignore this girl who knows nothing about soccer & is just here to spout anti-Barca propaganda. It's obvious from her posts that she hates Barca, so why do you guys even bother to respond to her. Ignore her & let's talk about the match.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by phreakabit(m): 11:11pm On May 28, 2011
Stealthy:

People, pls ignore this girl who knows nothing about soccer & is just here to spout anti-Barca propaganda. It's obvious from her posts that she hates Barca, so why do you guys even bother to respond to her. Ignore her & let's talk about the match.

ARRRGGGGHHH for f**ks sake stop calling it Soccer!!!!!! Its Football !
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by Iysayah(m): 11:11pm On May 28, 2011
mama-gee:

Don't even get me started with this " he scored against low teams" BS. .

Is that why he scored against barcelona in the Copa del rey and led them to winning the trophy? grin grin

Where was Messi when Barcelona got beat by hercules?, a team that's up for relegation this season? undecided

For christ's sake, ronaldo was injured for like two months and yet he still managed to beat your so called magical messi in winning the European golden shoe which means while messi was scoring goals in the pitch he was out recovering. . .

If Messi was that great, how come he sat there and swallowed the 4-0 thrashing from Germany in the World Cup? undecided

Eto, ronaldo, ronaldinho all proved themselves in more than one league even our Okocha proved himself in three different clubs, why can't messi do the same?

To be the best in the world, you must prove that you can create an upset in any league you play in, with any player you surround yourself with. . .ronaldo has proved all these. . .messi hasn't!

That should tell you who the best player is. . .

i thought i was arguing with some one with football knowledge undecided . some one should ask this lady to go to bed. sorry if this sounds insultive. this comment is so daft!
gaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwd! guys goodnight enjoy your victory Barca and i doff my hat to the merciless messi making MAMA GEE sleepless so far. grin grin grin
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by mamagee3(f): 11:11pm On May 28, 2011
Mcleo007:

Take a look at the big games, Messi comes out flaming. He's always there when the team needs him. But Ronaldo? He's always clueless when the chips are down.
Since messi is always present at the big games, Can you explain to me what happened between Germany vs Argentina in the world cup?

A 4-0 thrashing without nemesis. . . grin grin grin

Where was messi in the Copa del rey? Where was messi against Arsenal? Where was messi against hercules?

Fact is if Iniesta or Xavi have a bad day, messi has a higher chance of doing nothing, believe me.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by renewnaija(m): 11:14pm On May 28, 2011
mama-gee:

. . .

Be careful what you post cos you are dealing with some people who will annihilate you with football knowledge. the reason I dont argue with newbies in the game.

Kindly tell us the two months please. Post the link and source. Or just stay silent and stop posting lies to verify your claims.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by mamagee3(f): 11:15pm On May 28, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Oh comon, the impact that he created after handing them the copa del rey after 17 years of trophy drought leaving your messi to cry on national television. . . grin grin grin

And for that greatest goal BS, why didn't he do it when madrid had 11 men on the field, messi was as dry as paint until the last five minutes of the game. . .
That's who you call a freaking player. . .
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 28, 2011
when they say dont try to play barca,only chelsea and maurinho hear and the outcome na always controversy with almost everyone always accusing barca of being prefered by the officials but one thing was constant,barca never had it easy.now utd twice wan go attack barca and wetin be the scores?no controversy,no close match but total humiliation
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by mamagee3(f): 11:19pm On May 28, 2011
phreakabit:

ARRRGGGGHHH for f**ks sake stop calling it Soccer!!!!!! Its Football !
I wonder why the americanized kobe bryant fan is even on this thread. . . grin grin
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 28, 2011
Up Barcaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa grin
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by inspirizu(m): 11:21pm On May 28, 2011
D title of diz thread shud av been ' barca murders man u' ha ha ha ha ha
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by phreakabit(m): 11:23pm On May 28, 2011
mama-gee:

I wonder why the americanized kobe bryant fan is even on this thread. . . grin grin

Simple, Celebrating the best football team and the best football player football god (notice the small g) wink
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by eros(m): 11:25pm On May 28, 2011
We will be back.

MAN UNITED FOR LIFE. cool cool cool
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by mamagee3(f): 11:26pm On May 28, 2011
phreakabit:

Simple, Celebrating the best football team and the best football player football god (notice the small g) wink
Which is real madrid and cristiano ronaldo. . . cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by Roland17(m): 11:27pm On May 28, 2011
Abeg, did anybody notice Ferguson now suffers from arthritis? i hear say dem go admit am for LUTH, him own don finish if him reach LUTH. i thought he was tactically invincible, but like Prof (Wenger) and Ancelotti, he was worse today. how dare you start an inexperienced  Chicarito over Babatope, and leave Giggs on the pitch for 90mins, the speed of the game was certainly too much for the old school, he was almost fainting. park was just chasing Air, i could not locate him with the ball. he punished the players more by bringing in Paul Scholes(alias cat eye) when he had a younger Gibson, Fletcher and Anderson on the bench.
Please Lord whom are you going to send, to rescue England from this annual punishment we suffer from Barcelona. this suffering is tooooo much, especially today's own. maybe Wigan (who knows?)
Congrats Barca, you guys are the best.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by phreakabit(m): 11:28pm On May 28, 2011
eros:

We will be back.

MAN UNITED FOR LIFE.  cool cool cool

I heard that last time too. You guys are starting to sound like Schwarzenegger in the Terminator movie!  undecided
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by mamagee3(f): 11:29pm On May 28, 2011
eros:

We will be back.

MAN UNITED FOR LIFE. cool cool cool

Are you serious? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by phreakabit(m): 11:30pm On May 28, 2011
mama-gee:

Which is real madrid and cristiano ronaldo. . . cheesy cheesy cheesy

LOL! Saw what you did there, would let that one slide since you are entitled to your opinion. just so you know though everyone else in the world thinks it FC Barcelona and Lionel Messi. See, I still win.  cheesy
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 28, 2011
eros:

We will be back.

MAN UNITED FOR LIFE.  cool cool cool

phreakabit:

[size=15pt]I heard that last time too. You guys are starting to sound like Schwarzenegger in the Terminator movie![/size]  undecided
  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by mamagee3(f): 11:34pm On May 28, 2011
phreakabit:

LOL! Saw what you did there, would let that one slide since you are entitled to your opinion. just so you know though everyone else in the world thinks it FC Barcelona and Lionel Messi. See, I still win.  cheesy
Did you just say everybody?

Cause messi swallowed a 4-0 thrashing in the world cup. grin grin grin grin grin

World Cup goals:

Ronaldo-1 Messi-0. . . wink

That should do it!
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by cisse7575(m): 11:35pm On May 28, 2011
d followers of octopus iker and d goat seun now know that they are so foolish 4 following animals' predictions. awon ode
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by honeric01(m): 11:37pm On May 28, 2011
Who's arguing with mama-gee? please leave her alone o, i have promised to set up a new club for her called mamamagee UTD, we are going to buy just Ronaldo, since he scores and does everything alone, we are going to use him as the GK, CB2, RB, LB, DM, CDM, CM, CM, LF, RF AND ST.

When that time comes, no club in the world would be able to defeat mamamamagee utd and Ronaldo is going to be the best footballer of all time and would propose marriage to mama-gee. trust me, it can be done so watch this space. grin grin
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by AjanleKoko: 11:37pm On May 28, 2011
Okay, mama-gee. No vex. Let me play Octopus for a sec.
I look into the future 10 years. I see 6 league titles and 4 more Champions Leagues for Messi, all won for Barcelona, which is where he will retire.

I see 300 more goals for CR7, and maybe another Copa De Rey. Happy now? grin
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by mamagee3(f): 11:39pm On May 28, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Okay, mama-gee. No vex. Let me play Octopus for a sec.
I look into the future 10 years. I see 6 league titles and 4 more Champions Leagues for Messi, all won for Barcelona, which is where he will retire.

I see 300 more goals for CR7, and maybe another Copa De Rey. Happy now? grin
And also add seeing ronaldo in more history books and messi in none. . . wink

Now you got it right! wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Brentford (0 - 2) On 26th April 2023 / Rapid Wien Vs Arsenal :Europa League (1 - 2) -Live / Nottingham Forest Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 1st January 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.