Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,030 members, 7,970,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 10:19 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (897068 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 7:55pm On Jul 31, 2013
Dehonourable: Helo house. My questn is dis; is it compulsory date evry visa applicant must provide a scratch card even if one is going for Masters degree. Secondly, does one require to pay for d scratch card @ d embassy or to buy it personal then go to embassy wit it. Which one is 500 naira I heard again. Pls

Yah it is compulsory and u should go along with it am nt sure if they sell anywhere close to the embassy but sometimes they dont even use it like when I went for ma interview I went with it but the woman forgot to pick it up and I also forgot it in ma file. And aother friend told me they didn't use the card to confirm his result but the best is to go with it since its othe check list..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 8:00pm On Jul 31, 2013
emeka55:

U have to be very sure they understood what u were requesting. Cos rejection letters are the ones usually sent out in September. Applicants that are accepted usually get response from the Uni latest beginning August. I applied there too and they told me I was not accepted, and that they already sent out acceptance letters via email early July. Be positive anyway

That is when they issue out the admission stuff and rejection also Bochum na very big school a xo them do me strong thing..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Dehonourable: 8:08pm On Jul 31, 2013
topeajis:

Yah it is compulsory and u should bring it win you am nt sure if they sell anywhere close to the embassy but sometimes they gift nt even use it like when I went for ma interview I went with it but the woman forgot to pick it up and I also forgot it in ma file. And aother friend told me they didn't use the card to confirm his result but the best is to go with it since its othe check list..
Tanx alot
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 8:13pm On Jul 31, 2013
xheggs:

No not yet Chief. Just got my letter this am. Still gathering the 8k EUR
Have you opened a blocked account?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 8:22pm On Jul 31, 2013
@topeajis and Godson,pls,is it advisable to defer admission to next winter cos of incomplete 8000€.I am scared these people can change their policy any time.Pls prompt response needed
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Dehonourable: 8:36pm On Jul 31, 2013
Helo Hous, frnds dat open block account hw much is €8040 equivalent in naira & d exchange rate
Re: German Embassy And Visa by TWeiss: 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2013
Hello my guys,my people abeg,if somebody marry a german woman for 9ja,does anybody know how long he dey take before dem give visa?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 31, 2013
pamelaa: Hello all,
Please I just got in touch with Ruhr University Bochum(RUB) requesting to know when we should expect admission notification but was told its gonna be early/mid september. Now I'm confused cos I don't know when and how they want us to get the blocked account and apply for visa.

Any RUB applicant in the house pls?

House please what do u advice?

I also applied to RUB although it wasn't my first choice. My first choice was Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (LMU)and I have already been offered a place at LMU. When I log in my RUB account, it shows that my application is still taking part in the admission process. If you applied to another Uni and already have an offer there, then maybe use that acceptance letter to open a blocked account. I used the acceptance letter from LMU to open a bank account in Germany...Deutsche bank just emailed me today to give me my account details. It's always better to apply to more than one University. Good luck smiley!!!!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 31, 2013
Please I just got in touch with Ruhr University Bochum(RUB) requesting to know when we should expect admission notification but was told its gonna be early/mid september. Now I'm confused cos I don't know when and how they want us to get the blocked account and apply for visa.

I also applied to RUB although it wasn't my first choice. My first choice was Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (LMU)and I have already been offered a place at LMU. When I log in my RUB account, it shows that my application is still taking part in the admission process. If you applied to another Uni and already have an offer there, then maybe use that acceptance letter to open a blocked account. I used the acceptance letter from LMU to open a bank account in Germany...Deutsche bank just emailed me today to give me my account details. It's always better to apply to more than one University. Good luck smiley!!!!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Dehonourable: 9:15pm On Jul 31, 2013
Hw much is €8040 in naira equavalent & exchange rate. So many of us here hav open blockd account. Keeping quite is nt d best
Re: German Embassy And Visa by TWeiss: 9:18pm On Jul 31, 2013
my guy...i just checked for u now...i think its roughly around 1715484.35
Re: German Embassy And Visa by TWeiss: 9:19pm On Jul 31, 2013
Hello my guys,my people abeg,if somebody marry a german woman for 9ja,does anybody know how long he dey take before dem give visa?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Dehonourable: 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2013
T.Weiss:
my guy...i just checked for u now...i think its roughly around 1715484.35
tanx alot
Re: German Embassy And Visa by otto256: 9:37pm On Jul 31, 2013
it takes time bro,almost 9 monaten

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by otto256: 9:45pm On Jul 31, 2013
I have a question people and I need help aber dont quote me wrong.is this platform for only people who wants to go and study in germany or even others in need of visa in other ways.help me please,coz I think there is another NAIRALAND platform if am not wrong.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by TWeiss: 9:53pm On Jul 31, 2013
@otto ...bro i was wondering the same thing.
my questions are all about marraige because i have a German girlfriend,the only thing am worried about is the time frame.that 9 month time frame is my only worry...i didnt think it would take that long.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2013
bissiejoe: @topeajis and Godson,pls,is it advisable to defer admission to next winter cos of incomplete 8000€.I am scared these people can change their policy any time.Pls prompt response needed

Yes yees yes you will get another admission letter next winter
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 10:24pm On Jul 31, 2013
Dehonourable: Hw much is €8040 in naira equavalent & exchange rate. So many of us here hav open blockd account. Keeping quite is nt d best

Just budget that 1 euro = 210 naira when buying but i think it fluctuate in between 208-210.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aflynvir(m): 10:52pm On Jul 31, 2013
LillyGemm:

Which date did u apply for the blocked account! Wanna know how many days it took. I'm also expecting their mail too!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 31, 2013
aflynvir:

Which date did u apply for the blocked account! Wanna know how many days it took. I'm also expecting their mail too!

I went to the German embassy last week on Monday (22/07/2013) and had the documents certified in the morning. In the afternoon, I sent everything to Germany (from Southern Africa) via DHL and I was told they would take 3 days to reach Germany. On Friday, I tracked them online...they had reached Germany on Thursday morning. Six days later after they reached Deutsche Bank, which is today, I got the email from the bank. So basically, the whole process, from the time I certified the documents to the time I got the account details, took 9 days.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 11:30pm On Jul 31, 2013
Godson201333:

Just budget that 1 euro = 210 naira when buying but i think it fluctuate in between 208-210.

Lol euro pass 210 ooo. It's 215 in spot market and higher financial markets oooo.. Just have like 215 and keep following the trend of the exchange rate.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 11:41pm On Jul 31, 2013
LillyGemm:

I went to the German embassy last week on Monday (22/07/2013) and had the documents certified in the morning. In the afternoon, I sent everything to Germany (from Southern Africa) via DHL and I was told they would take 3 days to reach Germany. On Friday, I tracked them online...they had reached Germany on Thursday morning. Six days later after they reached Deutsche Bank, which is today, I got the email from the bank. So basically, the whole process, from the time I certified the documents to the time I got the account details, took 9 days.
Yah it's always two weeks in Niger also but I. He case of Niger u don't need to go send after u fill u will just submit at the embassy so they do the rest for u.. So u wil save the cost of posting ur self..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 01, 2013

By the way, the deadline for the course I applied for at RUB was July 15, 2013. Just be patient and pray.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 12:05am On Aug 01, 2013
topeajis:
Yah it's always two weeks in Niger also but I. He case of Niger u don't need to go send after u fill u will just submit at the embassy so they do the rest for u.. So u wil save the cost of posting ur self..

Wow!!!! That's nice of them!!!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 01, 2013
emeka55:

U have to be very sure they understood what u were requesting. Cos rejection letters are the ones usually sent out in September. Applicants that are accepted usually get response from the Uni latest beginning August. I applied there too and they told me I was not accepted, and that they already sent out acceptance letters via email early July. Be positive anyway

Different courses have different deadlines.e.g. the course I applied for at RUB (where you also applied) had a deadline of July 15, 2013. Therefore, there is no way they could send acceptance letters via email before the deadline (in early July). @ Pamelaa, maybe the deadline for your course application was late and it might be the reason they are taking long to respond to you. My LMU application deadline was May 15, 2013 and that is why I already have the acceptance letter.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Dehonourable: 3:48am On Aug 01, 2013
Godson201333:

tanx
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nkutet: 7:04am On Aug 01, 2013
Good morning all,

Pls where is the location of germa language school in ikeja, i need it ASAP

Thanx
Re: German Embassy And Visa by otto256: 8:06am On Aug 01, 2013
u can even track the status of your visa via the web,bro Am in the war like u,but its almost 3 monaten but no respose from them up to now.but we keep on waiting untill there will wake up and think about us.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 8:39am On Aug 01, 2013
nkutet: Good morning all,

Pls where is the location of germa language school in ikeja, i need it ASAP

Thanx
The place I learnt has a branch in Ikeja. Call this number(08065244794) and person will direct you. His name is chetta. He runs d german school. Good luck!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by steelie: 9:16am On Aug 01, 2013
Please, is there a fee paid for submission of blocked acct. Form at the embassy?..and also am I to fill the printed form with pen?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 9:21am On Aug 01, 2013
steelie: Please, is there a fee paid for submission of blocked acct. Form at the embassy?..and also am I to fill the printed form with pen?

No fee it's free. Fill the form on the system and then print don't put ur signature until u get to the embassy sha u will sigh it in front of the receptionist
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pamelaa(f): 12:16pm On Aug 01, 2013
@ Lillygem,Topeajis,Emeka55

Thanks y'all.The course I applied to(MSc Biochemistry) had a deadline of July 15th.When I contacted them,I was told they just sent out notifications to BSc applicants and will start reviewing Msc applications soon.

I hust pray they get in touch soonest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.