Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,008 members, 7,970,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 08:17 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (897030 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by pamelaa(f): 12:03pm On Jul 31, 2013
Hello all,
Please I just got in touch with Ruhr University Bochum(RUB) requesting to know when we should expect admission notification but was told its gonna be early/mid september. Now I'm confused cos I don't know when and how they want us to get the blocked account and apply for visa.

Any RUB applicant in the house pls?

House please what do u advice?

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Mickom: 12:42pm On Jul 31, 2013
Godson201333, topeajis, future and other, I want to ask how to fill block account form. Maybe I will fill the form after I print it out with pen or I will fill it on computer before print it out.And how many copy of admission letter and int. Passport I need to submit with the form.Thank in advance
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ganasy: 1:56pm On Jul 31, 2013
Mickom: Godson201333, topeajis, future and other, I want to ask how to fill block account form. Maybe I will fill the form after I print it out with pen or I will fill it on computer before print it out.And how many copy of admission letter and int. Passport I need to submit with the form.Thank in advance
fill it on computer and print it. take it to d embassy n sign it in d presence of an embassy official
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 2:07pm On Jul 31, 2013
pamelaa: Hello all,
Please I just got in touch with Ruhr University Bochum(RUB) requesting to know when we should expect admission notification but was told its gonna be early/mid september. Now I'm confused cos I don't know when and how they want us to get the blocked account and apply for visa.

what exactly do you need to know,You do know that you can only get blocked account after receiving your admission letter
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 2:08pm On Jul 31, 2013
zigato4rea: @Godson do u think it wil b a problem? I actually use d two certificates wen I gained admission from Germany

Nop its not a problem
Re: German Embassy And Visa by efilefun(m): 3:46pm On Jul 31, 2013
Thanks for the response Godson, is there anyway someone can get a blocked acct of someone over there? And maybe pay a certain amount? Pls will really appreciate if someone can help with that.
Godson201333:

Blocked account is very important because its a proof showing that you can take care of yourself when you get there and of course you need a travel insurance.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by xheggs(m): 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2013
Good day Mr. Godson.

I just got my acceptance letter and the deadline is Oct 1. I have some doubts on if i'll meet up or not..planning to start visa processes next week. Please advise. How do I proceed..?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 4:27pm On Jul 31, 2013
xheggs: Good day Mr. Godson.

I just got my acceptance letter and the deadline is Oct 1. I have some doubts on if i'll meet up or not..planning to start visa processes next week. Please advise. How do I proceed..?
Have you booked an appointment?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 4:30pm On Jul 31, 2013
Please mr Godson, can u throw more light on this travel insurance tin? I know of the health insurance u'd present to collect ur student VISA at d embassy, but I don't know of the travel insurance. Can you briefly explain? Tanx
Re: German Embassy And Visa by xheggs(m): 4:35pm On Jul 31, 2013
franklysco:
Have you booked an appointment?

No not yet Chief. Just got my letter this am. Still gathering the 8k EUR
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Dehonourable: 4:35pm On Jul 31, 2013
Helo house. My questn is dis; is it compulsory date evry visa applicant must provide a scratch card even if one is going for Masters degree. Secondly, does one require to pay for d scratch card @ d embassy or to buy it personal then go to embassy wit it. Which one is 500 naira I heard again. Pls
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Mickom: 4:37pm On Jul 31, 2013
ganasy:
fill it on computer and print it. take it to d embassy n sign it in d presence of an embassy official

Thanks so much bro
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 4:51pm On Jul 31, 2013
Godson201333:

Its depends on how long.Assuming ya gonna need to re apply for next semester,You just need to contact the International office that your visa or something delayed you and you need a new admission letter.They will re issue because your informations has already been stored on their computer.

I want to defer it till winter 2014.though it was stated on their website that if there is a need to defer,the admission letter would have to be sent back to the school.then another one will be issued for the postponement.I just want to know if it works that way.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 5:07pm On Jul 31, 2013
topeajis:

Its depends on schools some school will Tell u that u have to Apply Again.. So Mail the school and ASK..

It was stated on the school's website that if I can't meet up with enrollment,I should send the admission later and a new one would be issued.I just want to know if it works that way and if you have seen anyone defer admission and was given again the year after
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bwave: 5:08pm On Jul 31, 2013
Dehonourable: Helo house. My questn is dis; is it compulsory date evry visa applicant must provide a scratch card even if one is going for Masters degree. Secondly, does one require to pay for d scratch card @ d embassy or to buy it personal then go to embassy wit it. Which one is 500 naira I heard again. Pls

Please someone should try and answer this question.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Tamax: 5:36pm On Jul 31, 2013
Godson201333:

Nope you do not need an appointment,Just be at the embassy as early as 8 am.
Thanks bro.. U r rili wonderful
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aflynvir(m): 5:50pm On Jul 31, 2013
bissiejoe:

I want to defer it till winter 2014.though it was stated on their website that if there is a need to defer,the admission letter would have to be sent back to the school.then another one will be issued for the postponement.I just want to know if it works that way.

If the school says u can, then u need not ask again
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 5:50pm On Jul 31, 2013
Abeg o, una wey use Nipost send documents, how did u confirm the delivery of ur documents? I have been tracking mine for 2weeks now and it is still saying 'Document inserted in bag' dem no dey open d bag I tire o! I was at Nipost office today and they said 'it may have arrived and they haven't updated it on the system. I contacted the school sef, they said I shouldn't disturb dem they are too busy with admissions. Abeg any advice
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 5:59pm On Jul 31, 2013
pamelaa: Hello all,

U have to be very sure they understood what u were requesting. Cos rejection letters are the ones usually sent out in September. Applicants that are accepted usually get response from the Uni latest beginning August. I applied there too and they told me I was not accepted, and that they already sent out acceptance letters via email early July. Be positive anyway
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 6:08pm On Jul 31, 2013
efilefun: Thanks for the response Godson, is there anyway someone can get a blocked acct of someone over there? And maybe pay a certain amount? Pls will really appreciate if someone can help with that.

Ur question is not clear. Do u mean 'pay a certain amount to the person's blocked acct' or maybe pay the person for using his blocked acct?
However, u can't use someone's blocked acct as 2 people can't share the same acct. The person can either stand as a sponsor for u or help u with the 8k euros to open a blocked acct. German embassy na 'To your tent oh israel'... Sponsor or Blocked account!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 6:11pm On Jul 31, 2013
franklysco: Please mr Godson, can u throw more light on this travel insurance tin? I know of the health insurance u'd present to collect ur student VISA at d embassy, but I don't know of the travel insurance. Can you briefly explain? Tanx

Actually it is called "Travel Insurance Certificate" which covers both your heath repatriation and lost of lugage and so on..Incase you fall sick the company will be in charge and should you lost your bagage or something,the company will take care of it,So its means the-same thing and thats just what the agency or immigration needs to see.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 6:14pm On Jul 31, 2013
Dehonourable: Helo house. My questn is dis; is it compulsory date evry visa applicant must provide a scratch card even if one is going for Masters degree. Secondly, does one require to pay for d scratch card @ d embassy or to buy it personal then go to embassy wit it. Which one is 500 naira I heard again. Pls

Print out a copy of the checklist for student visa.It is there that you must come with a scratch card of 500 naira which can be purchased at waec office or any spring bank.This goes to student.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 6:16pm On Jul 31, 2013
xheggs: Good day Mr. Godson.

Your next step should be printing out the student visa checklist so that you can use it to arrange your documents and Booking of an appointment!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 6:18pm On Jul 31, 2013
efilefun: Thanks for the response Godson, is there anyway someone can get a blocked acct of someone over there? And maybe pay a certain amount? Pls will really appreciate if someone can help with that.

No you cannot buy a Blocked account not even sponsorship cos none of them is easy to get!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 6:52pm On Jul 31, 2013
Godson201333:

Actually it is called "Travel Insurance Certificate" which covers both your heath repatriation and lost of lugage and so on..Incase you fall sick the company will be in charge and should you lost your bagage or something,the company will take care of it,So its means the-same thing and thats just what the agency or immigration needs to see.
So just to b clear, the travel insurance certificate, is the "health insurance" tingy you present @ the embassy to. Collect your VISA? The one I can get from IGI,AIICO etc?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by xheggs(m): 7:18pm On Jul 31, 2013
Godson201333:

Your next step should be printing out the student visa checklist so that you can use it to arrange your documents and Booking of an appointment!

Thank you Mr Godson.

I've gone through the checklist as instructed.

Do I need to sort out the Blocked Account ish before booking an appointement/submitting my docs? Or can it be done simultaneously?

The bank says it takes about a week to open the account.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 7:31pm On Jul 31, 2013
xheggs:

Thank you Mr Godson.

I've gone through the checklist as instructed.

Do I need to sort out the Blocked Account ish before booking an appointement/submitting my docs? Or can it be done simultaneously?

The bank says it takes about a week to open the account.

Yes you need to sort out the blocked account issue before booking an appointment also,You do not need to book an appointment when opening a blocked account just go to the embassy very early.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 7:32pm On Jul 31, 2013
franklysco:
So just to b clear, the travel insurance certificate, is the "health insurance" tingy you present @ the embassy to. Collect your VISA? The one I can get from IGI,AIICO etc?

Yes Bro you correct cry cry
Re: German Embassy And Visa by efilefun(m): 7:37pm On Jul 31, 2013
Oh ok, so is there anyone who could stand as a sponsor?
emeka55:

Ur question is not clear. Do u mean 'pay a certain amount to the person's blocked acct' or maybe pay the person for using his blocked acct?
However, u can't use someone's blocked acct as 2 people can't share the same acct. The person can either stand as a sponsor for u or help u with the 8k euros to open a blocked acct. German embassy na 'To your tent oh israel'... Sponsor or Blocked account!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 7:41pm On Jul 31, 2013
aflynvir:

If the school says u can, then u need not ask again

Why am asking is am afraid they could change policy @ anytime
Re: German Embassy And Visa by efilefun(m): 7:42pm On Jul 31, 2013
"Pardon my ignorance here" if someone aint issued visa hope the blocked acct is safe? And I equivalent of that in naira is about 1.6m right?
Godson201333:

Yes you need to sort out the blocked account issue before booking an appointment also,You do not need to book an appointment when opening a blocked account just go to the embassy very early.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 7:43pm On Jul 31, 2013
efilefun: Oh ok, so is there anyone who could stand as a sponsor?

I do not think this forum is the best place to look for a sponsor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.