Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,925 members, 7,942,323 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 07:33 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (894282 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by dmitroika(m): 5:42pm On Aug 20, 2013
hello guys! i've gone for the interview today.. I was interviewed buy an old German woman upstairs. Everything went fine except for the fact that the woman flares up whenever i gave answers she didn't seem fit for the questions being asked.

I guess the way we interprete questions are quite different from the way the Germans do. I also noticed the Germans to be direct, they don't like being flattered or reminded of their achievements. All the german men i saw at the embassy were very nice, smile at you, help you with stuff that you're not familiar with.. etc., but the woman almost changed my perspevtive about them sha.. she was kinda' rude. I almost attributed her attitude with racism but i'm not the kind of person the jumps into conclusion so i'll settle for "rude".

I got all her questions right except when she asked about how the structure of my program is, i thought she meant modules so i was telling her the courses i'll be doing lol.. I just hope that this alone won't affect the visa approval anyway. My passport got stamped and she said they'll get back to me. I took off immediately!

Bottom line is that it went fine (or so i think), thanks to all those that wished me luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Chars1289: 5:59pm On Aug 20, 2013
@dmitroika.....u will surely get it.......
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 6:15pm On Aug 20, 2013
dmitroika: hello guys! i've gone for the interview today.. I was interviewed buy an old German woman upstairs. Everything went fine except for the fact that the woman flares up whenever i gave answers she didn't seem fit for the questions being asked.

I guess the way we interprete questions are quite different from the way the Germans do. I also noticed the Germans to be direct, they don't like being flattered or reminded of their achievements. All the german men i saw at the embassy were very nice, smile at you, help you with stuff that you're not familiar with.. etc., but the woman almost changed my perspevtive about them sha.. she was kinda' rude. I almost attributed her attitude with racism but i'm not the kind of person the jumps into conclusion so i'll settle for "rude".

I got all her questions right except when she asked about how the structure of my program is, i thought she meant modules so i was telling her the courses i'll be doing lol.. I just hope that this alone won't affect the visa approval anyway. My passport got stamped and she said they'll get back to me. I took off immediately!

Bottom line is that it went fine (or so i think), thanks to all those that wished me luck.

Yeah and the name of that woman is Frau Eigelt...She is always like that because she wanna know your reaction and wanna see how serious you are.Do you want her to start laughing with you?Being humble and showing respect kills everything.Just hope for the Best.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 7:39pm On Aug 20, 2013
dmitroika: hello guys! i've gone for the interview today.. I was interviewed buy an old German woman upstairs. Everything went fine except for the fact that the woman flares up whenever i gave answers she didn't seem fit for the questions being asked.

congratulations!!!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 7:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
topeajis:

Even our C6 will be Doughted self nt to talk of D7
my school sef dont accept C5. If u have anything less than C4 they will request you go and write TOEFL.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 8:00pm On Aug 20, 2013
kelly4top: my school sef dont accept C5. If u have anything less than C4 they will request you go and write TOEFL.

same too my school dont joke with grades!!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dmitroika(m): 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
Godson201333:

Yeah and the name of that woman is Frau Eigelt...She is always like that because she wanna know your reaction and wanna see how serious you are.Do you want her to start laughing with you?Being humble and showing respect kills everything.Just hope for the Best.

well, if that's the case i showed humility and respect oh.. i was calm all through. Even after the interview i told her "thank you and have a pleasant day". Her response was cool.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 8:11pm On Aug 20, 2013
naijaobi: @TOPEJIS and GODSON... Before u jump and quote me wrong, why dont u read back to see wia d conversation started..
JOHNYEMMY was saying dat D7 is not a problem dat universities in Nigeria accept it..and i was strongly against it by telling him dat its nt true...dat probably its only some unserious private universities in Nigeria can eva admit u with D7.. Y'all should go back and start reading from wia one guy asked weda D7 is acceptable, then u will no weda am against it or not...
my bro i will advise u write English test and dont bother seek admission with a grade of D7 in Germany cos it's gonna be a day dream.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aflynvir(m): 8:13pm On Aug 20, 2013
dmitroika:

well, if that's the case i showed humility and respect oh.. i was calm all through. Even after the interview i told her "thank you and have a pleasant day". Her response was cool.
Abeg enlighten us! How are we supposed to answer the structure of course question pls! So that the Frau will not chew us! Mine is very soon o!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 8:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
kelly4top: my bro i will advise u write English test and dont bother seek admission with a grade of D7 in Germany cos it's gonna be a day dream.
ahahahahaha...nna nawa o..which kain misquoting be dis o.. Oga kelly abeg no be me get D7 ooo.... Nawao
Re: German Embassy And Visa by odinakaprince: 8:30pm On Aug 20, 2013
LillyGemm:

Fill it in using the computer and then print it out. Leave the part for the signature to be signed at the German embassy (that's what I did) when you go to have the passport copy and bank forms authenticated.

Pls bro which one is bank form authenticated?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 8:36pm On Aug 20, 2013
@dmitroka,
I was interviewed by the same woman.i guess she has alot to do within a short time.she prefered yes or no answer and she doesnt want ur compliment.

I was fortunate to understand her before the interview.even the receptionist there says her interview is very fast.

@all pls dont go to german embassy without adequate preparation.

Her question was based on the following
-purpose of travelling.
-study program,structure and curriculum.
-your sponsor(occupation)
-location of your school.
-intension after studies.
-accomodation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by odinakaprince: 8:37pm On Aug 20, 2013

CONGRATS bro!!!

Please my is on 27th august. Pls hw is d questions lyk? Can up please post some of d question nd wat u answered pls ds will go a long wen I go formy nxt week plz or cn I hv or phone number plz?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 20, 2013
odinakaprince:

Pls bro which one is bank form authenticated?

I am a sis. The form you fill in for opening a blocked bank account in Germany...it has to be certified/authenticated by the German embassy in your country, including your passport copy.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aflynvir(m): 9:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
futurewise11: @dmitroka,
I was interviewed by the same woman.i guess she has alot to do within a short time.she prefered yes or no answer and she doesnt want ur compliment.

I was fortunate to understand her before the interview.even the receptionist there says her interview is very fast.

@all pls dont go to german embassy without adequate preparation.

Her question was based on the following
-purpose of travelling.
-study program,structure and curriculum.
-your sponsor(occupation)
-location of your school.
-intension after studies.
-accomodation.
pls what's the difference between study program, structure and curriculum

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 9:16pm On Aug 20, 2013
dmitroika:

Yeah she can even ask a single question twice trying to see if you will change your reply..Just stay positive bro,very soon you will have a good news.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dmitroika(m): 9:22pm On Aug 20, 2013
aflynvir:
Abeg enlighten us! How are we supposed to answer the structure of course question pls! So that the Frau will not chew us! Mine is very soon o!

The program is Msc economics or Bsc finance for instance, structure is the number of semesters,(Msc is three taughtsemesters and one semester for the writing of thesis), curriculum are the courses you'll be doing(check your course website for these).

Are you still coming to university of freiburg?

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by aflynvir(m): 9:22pm On Aug 20, 2013
Godson201333:

Yeah she can even ask a single question twice trying to see if you will change your reply..Just stay positive bro,very soon you will have a good news.
how are we expected to answer questions on course structure and how is it different from modules and curriculum
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aflynvir(m): 9:23pm On Aug 20, 2013
dmitroika:

The program is Msc economics or Bsc finance for instance, structure is the number of semesters,(Msc is three taughtsemesters and one semester for the writing of thesis), curriculum are the courses you'll be doing(check your course website for these).

Are you still coming to university of freiburg?
yes o! By Gods grace! My interview is not far
Re: German Embassy And Visa by boxiposhags: 9:43pm On Aug 20, 2013
LillyGemm:

I am a sis. The form you fill in for opening a blocked bank account in Germany...it has to be certified/authenticated by the German embassy in your country, including your passport copy.
Abeg are we goin to have access to this 1.8m wen we get there cus I wuld be borrowing a million cux I have 800k
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aflynvir(m): 9:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
boxiposhags:
Abeg are we goin to have access to this 1.8m wen we get there cus I wuld be borrowing a million cux I have 800k
of course, you will be allowed a withdrawal of 670 euros per month
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 20, 2013
boxiposhags:

Yes but only 670 euros per month for one year. So if you use up all the 670 euros in a month and want to withdraw more money from your account within that same month, you won't be allowed to do so until the following month...that's why it's called a blocked account.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 10:00pm On Aug 20, 2013
aflynvir: how are we expected to answer questions on course structure and how is it different from modules and curriculum

Dont get confused by the grammar.

Just know your core subject,Your major..and how long its gonna take.

Dont be like that guy that wanted to study Mechanical engineering and he kept saying yoruba is his core subject haha my bad joke grin grin grin
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aflynvir(m): 10:26pm On Aug 20, 2013
Godson201333:

Dont get confused by the grammar.

Just know your core subject,Your major..and how long its gonna take.

Dont be like that guy that wanted to study Mechanical engineering and he kept saying yoruba is his core subject haha my bad joke grin grin grin
hahahahahahaha!!!!! Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by steelie: 10:42pm On Aug 20, 2013
This question about accomodation sef...Hmmm..are we expected to get accomodation online??..Hw person go pay for room wey e neva see?..Nawa oo..make person no go bless someone hustle..Please oo..guys that ve given interview,wat were your responses to the question?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pfanen360(m): 12:05am On Aug 21, 2013
steelie: This question about accomodation sef...Hmmm..are we expected to get accomodation online??..Hw person go pay for room wey e neva see?..Nawa oo..make person no go bless someone hustle..Please oo..guys that ve given interview,wat were your responses to the question?
just tell them the truth... I actually already paid for accommodation before my interview so I told the VO about it in a conversational manner.... she was friendly (it was not that elderly woman)

I paid the fee and did biometrics at the woman's place though. She was too blunt
Re: German Embassy And Visa by AngelDiamond1: 12:24am On Aug 21, 2013
steelie: This question about accomodation sef...Hmmm..are we expected to get accomodation online??..Hw person go pay for room wey e neva see?..Nawa oo..make person no go bless someone hustle..Please oo..guys that ve given interview,wat were your responses to the question?

i was asked abt accommodation too and i said i have applied for it online that it is under processing.......chikena...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by steelie: 12:32am On Aug 21, 2013
pfanen360: just tell them the truth... I actually already paid for accommodation before my interview so I told the VO about it in a conversational manner.... she was friendly (it was not that elderly woman)

I paid the fee and did biometrics at the woman's place though. She was too blunt
okay man..which site did u get the accomodation let me give it a try?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by steelie: 12:34am On Aug 21, 2013
Angel Diamond:

i was asked abt accommodation too and i said i have applied for it online that it is under processing.......chikena...
Thanks for the hint..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pfanen360(m): 1:05am On Aug 21, 2013
steelie: okay man..which site did u get the accomodation let me give it a try?
my school gave me a contact to a couple of landlords
Re: German Embassy And Visa by boxiposhags: 2:51am On Aug 21, 2013
All of you leaving soon, best of luck o, I am raising funds for my blocked acct
Re: German Embassy And Visa by justmenoni: 5:47am On Aug 21, 2013
About the accommodation ish,during my interview i was asked the same question and i simply told the lady that i am going to stay in an hotel firstly pending the time i get a nice and suitable accommodation which i think will work well for everyone,since Germany is a new place to you and probably you told them you don't have a family or relative in Germany,then are you suppose to be stranded?

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (481)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.