Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,073 members, 7,970,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 06:10 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (897093 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by bolajiboi(m): 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
hello house what is the name of the letter that i will collect from the ministry of education for TOEFL waiver called. because am about sending all my document to the sch in germany only that letter i need to get
Re: German Embassy And Visa by gentlesoul01: 7:11pm On Apr 22, 2013
Please can somebody help me on how to get uni-assist application form (english version) because i only see german version there, thank u
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 7:48pm On Apr 22, 2013
Don't get it twisted oh.its not all school that honour such letter.some skool usually waive toefl for english speaking country while others insist on toefl.so ask if they waive it or not.pls don't guess for german schools ooh.they are always strict oh.call them first and ask if they waive it or not first.for me am applying to 7 skools.5 under uni assist,2 in bavaria they all waive toefl.thx to walker and flange
bolajiboi: hello house what is the name of the letter that i will collect from the ministry of education for TOEFL waiver called. because am about sending all my document to the sch in germany only that letter i need to get

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 8:41pm On Apr 22, 2013
gentlesoul01: Please can somebody help mon how to get uni-assist application form (english version) because i only see german version there, thank u

Uni-assist form?What do you need from them?You mean a university admission form from Uni assist?I could be of help but please explain what you need moreover check the website very well you should be able to change the whole website to english.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by gentlesoul01: 9:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
Yes bro I mean a university admission form from Uni assist, if am applying through them.

Uni-assist form?What do you need from them?You mean a university admission form from Uni assist?I could be of help but please explain what you need moreover check the website very well you should be able to change the whole website to english.[/quote]
Re: German Embassy And Visa by gentlesoul01: 9:06pm On Apr 22, 2013
futurewise11: Don't get it twisted oh.its not all school that honour such letter.some skool usually waive toefl for english speaking country while others insist on toefl.so ask if they waive it or not.pls don't guess for german schools ooh.they are always strict oh.call them first and ask if they waive it or not first.for me am applying to 7 skools.5 under uni assist,2 in bavaria they all waive toefl.thx to walker and flange

Please what are the names of the school u re applying to..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Rihannaola(f): 10:32pm On Apr 22, 2013
@ gentlesoul: The Uni-Assist website is more of a university applications agent. They serve to help you with ensuring you have the right requirements for applications to universities registered under them. And for their service, a fee is paid per application. When you look at the top right corner of the website's page, you'll see the option to choose to view the site in English for better understanding. They ensure you've loaded all the right documents for each application before sending it for processing to the uni(s). Check the respective schools you wish to study at for their admissions requirements.

@ bolajiboi: futurewise is right. Most schools may not accept the MofE's confirmation of school studies in English as they would prefer a more and general standard recognition of your English language efficiencies. But check the schools'websites to see if such waivers/exceptions are given.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Rihannaola(f): 10:46pm On Apr 22, 2013
talk2jb:

Hey bro, pls do u knw d minimum GP to apply for masters at german university cos my GP is 2.74 out of 5, I don't knw if it would be enough... Thanx

Most schools ask for a 3.0 (according to our grading system) but yet can be considerate, so check with the schools you intend applying to.

Also, perhaps you can check this website for better comprehension of the equivalence of our grades on a recognized international scale;
http://www.classbase.com/Countries/Nigeria/Grading-System

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Rihannaola(f): 11:39pm On Apr 22, 2013
futurewise11: U are truly God son with dis ur good breakdown of the process.look at what a skool in bayern sent me.

Certificate recognition office for Bavaria
Phone: +49 89 383849-0
www.stmuk.bayern.de/zast

My question is must a student send document to this office,or someone can boycott dem and apply directly to d skool?who issue admission letter btw dis office and d skool?are nigerian certificate not recognise in bayern.

It isn't a "must" to send your documents to the ZAS office for accreditation "bescheinigung", although most schools will ask of this, in which case then you have to.. That's why you need to check the schools thoroughly and contact them as well for clarification. Some of them haven't in fact updated their websites in this regard. Some requirements were in last year and are out this year.

And no, you aren't generally considered a native English speaker, mainly because you're African and it is assumed you use a different language day in day out in your territory. So unless you have proof of having lived in an English speaking country (UK, US, Canada, Australia..) for over 6months in the last2 years, you have to write an international English-testing exam (toefl, ielts...)and have minimum toefl 80points(ibt)/550points paper-based, /ielts 6.0 - some ask for 6.5 - check with your respective school choices for actual requirements. But let me not get your hopes too high, most Unis will insist on the test as it's an internationally recognized exam on which they can base your true level of proficiency.

An O'Level doesn't often grant you direct access to a German university. You may be required to sit for an aptitude test (in the case that you have extraordinary O'Level grades) or to join "Studienkolleg", a foundation year class before admission to the first year in the university after an exam. However, if you do well in the first semester of the Foundation year, you may also choose to write the test at the end of the semester and gain entrance to the Uni, provided you pass.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Rihannaola(f): 11:43pm On Apr 22, 2013
topeajis:

Remember ur international passport should be I coloured fotocopy.

It doesn't have to be a coloured copy. But it should be on an A4 size paper, not split/cut in half or the like.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by newacca: 8:27am On Apr 23, 2013
futurewise11: Don't get it twisted oh.its not all school that honour such letter.some skool usually waive toefl for english speaking country while others insist on toefl.so ask if they waive it or not.pls don't guess for german schools ooh.they are always strict oh.call them first and ask if they waive it or not first.for me am applying to 7 skools.5 under uni assist,2 in bavaria they all waive toefl.thx to walker and flange
Abeg bro. could u please share the names of the skools with us? wink
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ukshirts: 7:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
went to the embassy yesterday and pciked up my visa, will be leaving for berlin first week of May
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 7:24pm On Apr 23, 2013
ukshirts: went to the embassy yesterday and pciked up my visa, will be leaving for berlin first week of May

Thats good news,Enjoy yourself and drink lots of beer
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 10:22pm On Apr 23, 2013
Is dis d newacca in us,italy thread?if na u bros I doff my cap for a veteran.bros its not about skool.its about d course,most of d skool have only one or two english language program,u can't see a school offering all there prog in english,so its ur program that always determine the language.

My observation about d embassy cos am there for certification today
1)They don't have many student applicant.8k euro no be beans.
2)They are highly organised.
3)D nigerians staff there hate begging.once u are late for appointment after 30 min just don't boarder to come again,the fair ibo man at the gate will not even give u audience.
newacca:
Abeg bro. could u please share the names of the skools with us? wink
Re: German Embassy And Visa by newacca: 7:36am On Apr 24, 2013
futurewise11: Is dis d newacca in us,italy thread?if na u bros I doff my cap for a veteran.bros its not about skool.its about d course,most of d skool have only one or two english language program,u can't see a school offering all there prog in english,so its ur program that always determine the language.

My observation about d embassy cos am there for certification today
1)They don't have many student applicant.8k euro no be beans.
2)They are highly organised.
3)D nigerians staff there hate begging.once u are late for appointment after 30 min just don't boarder to come again,the fair ibo man at the gate will not even give u audience.
Boss,I dey hail ooo. Na d same newacca smiley I want to have more options aside the Canada move. Honestly,if have had more info and knowledge about the German education system and visa for International student,I could have opted for it since. Anyway,God is all knowing,and he knows what's best for us. I have gotten some schools though,I am working on them. But I still need more options as I realize that admission to their Unis in Germany is really competitive.
So,where are you standing now Bro?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bloodofjesus: 9:54am On Apr 24, 2013
Rihannaola:

It isn't a "must" to send your documents to the ZAS office for accreditation "bescheinigung", although most schools will ask of this, in which case then you have to.. That's why you need to check the schools thoroughly and contact them as well for clarification. Some of them haven't in fact updated their websites in this regard. Some requirements were in last year and are out this year.

And no, you aren't generally considered a native English speaker, mainly because you're African and it is assumed you use a different language day in day out in your territory. So unless you have proof of having lived in an English speaking country (UK, US, Canada, Australia..) for over 6months in the last2 years, you have to write an international English-testing exam (toefl, ielts...)and have minimum toefl 80points(ibt)/550points paper-based, /ielts 6.0 - some ask for 6.5 - check with your respective school choices for actual requirements. But let me not get your hopes too high, most Unis will insist on the test as it's an internationally recognized exam on which they can base your true level of proficiency.

An O'Level doesn't often grant you direct access to a German university. You may be required to sit for an aptitude test (in the case that you have extraordinary O'Level grades) or to join "Studienkolleg", a foundation year class before admission to the first year in the university after an exam. However, if you do well in the first semester of the Foundation year, you may also choose to write the test at the end of the semester and gain entrance to the Uni, provided you pass.

if i send my documents to the ZAS office for accreditation "bescheinigung,if i want to aaply for studentcollege,do i need to have knowledge of german language ? or sit for exam before get admission to studentcollege
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bloodofjesus: 9:55am On Apr 24, 2013
if i send my documents to the ZAS office for accreditation "bescheinigung,if i want to aaply for studentcollege,do i need to have knowledge of german language ? or sit for exam before get admission to studentcollege
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bloodofjesus: 9:56am On Apr 24, 2013
gentlesoul01:

Please what are the names of the school u re applying to..

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 2:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
Bloodofjesus:

@BloodofJesus

If you really going to study in Germany you better be prepared no shortcut and yes German is important.ZAS is very important if you are applying to any higher institution in munich( university,applied sciences and more) however its better you applied to a university first and they will direct you to ZAS but giving you a letter and form to fill.ZAS will either want to receive confirmation of result from waec only and from waec office or your transcript from a university.ZAS will grade your result and if they are well please they will issued you a letter called bescheid.You then return the letter to the university and you can use the letter to apply anywhere.

After that if you are an undergraduate you will be given a date to come and write aufnahmen prufung and if you pass then you get admission to studien kolleg thereafter you write another festellung prufung before you finally become a real university student.So please with german no play.for aufnahmen prufung german language is compulsory with 3 other subjects depending on your course.

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Waleabimbola(m): 2:59pm On Apr 24, 2013
ukshirts: went to the embassy yesterday and pciked up my visa, will be leaving for berlin first week of May
congratulation bro,i have been looking forward to the good news since yesterday.
To God Be The Glory
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 5:48pm On Apr 24, 2013
Which course do u have in mind?uG or PG? Prefered language?
newacca:
Boss,I dey hail ooo. Na d same newacca smiley I want to have more options aside the Canada move. Honestly,if have had more info and knowledge about the German education system and visa for International student,I could have opted for it since. Anyway,God is all knowing,and he knows what's best for us. I have gotten some schools though,I am working on them. But I still need more options as I realize that admission to their Unis in Germany is really competitive.
So,where are you standing now Bro?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by newacca: 6:14pm On Apr 24, 2013
futurewise11: Which course do u have in mind?uG or PG? Prefered language?
Economics,Int'l Biz or Mgt,Biz+info tech @ UnderG level. Preferred lang: English.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Rihannaola(f): 7:41pm On Apr 24, 2013
Bloodofjesus:

Depends on a number of things, for example, are you planning to study a course taught in English? If yes, then you may not need to learn German at all, or have basic level A1 knowledge. And in that case, you may need proof of your level of knowledge in the English language, ideally "Good". Yet and still, I would advise you atleast take 3 months(A1 level) german courses as it will make life easier for you there.

Accreditation from the ZAS office can take up to 2 months, however, most schools in Bavaria don't need it anymore from foreign students, so you're lucky.

Studienkolleg is for those holding O'level grades not equivalent to direct entry university requirements in Germany, hence needing a foundation year to prepare you for the first uni year.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bloodofjesus: 4:40pm On Apr 25, 2013
Rihannaola:

Depends on a number of things, for example, are you planning to study a course taught in English? If yes, then you may not need to learn German at all, or have basic level A1 knowledge. And in that case, you may need proof of your level of knowledge in the English language, ideally "Good". Yet and still, I would advise you atleast take 3 months(A1 level) german courses as it will make life easier for you there.

Accreditation from the ZAS office can take up to 2 months, however, most schools in Bavaria don't need it anymore from foreign students, so you're lucky.

Studienkolleg is for those holding O'level grades not equivalent to direct entry university requirements in Germany, hence needing a foundation year to prepare you for the first uni year.

please do i need to sit for exam before enter Studienkolleg ,because i dont have knowledge in german now
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bloodofjesus: 4:41pm On Apr 25, 2013
please do i need to sit for exam before enter Studienkolleg ,because i dont have knowledge in german now
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2013
Bloodofjesus: please do i need to sit for exam before enter Studienkolleg ,because i dont have knowledge in german now

Yes you do,and the name of the entrance examination is "Aüfnahmenprüfung"
Re: German Embassy And Visa by flange: 9:38pm On Apr 25, 2013
Bloodofjesus: please do i need to sit for exam before enter Studienkolleg ,because i dont have knowledge in german now

is there any sch in Germany that the studienkolleg language of instruction is in Englisch?
in Goethe ppl ive seen require b1 level of German language + waec to qualify for the studienkolleg. before u think of an exam to write learn ur german to that level
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ohimai83: 5:37am On Apr 26, 2013
I am filling an online application form for a german university for BSC. I have HND already. what do I fill in as my Higher Education. is it WASSCE or HND. the problem is that the heading of the page says secondary school certificate. I am really confused.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 10:01am On Apr 26, 2013
ohimai83: I am filling an online application form for a german university for BSC. I have HND already. what do I fill in as my Higher Education. is it WASSCE or HND. the problem is that the heading of the page says secondary school certificate. I am really confused.
hw come u are still confused when its stated clearly..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 1:54pm On Apr 26, 2013
flange:

is there any sch in Germany that the studienkolleg language of instruction is in Englisch?
in Goethe ppl ive seen require b1 level of German language + waec to qualify for the studienkolleg. before u think of an exam to write learn ur german to that level

No school english studienkolleg Boss,Its German and you need at least B1 and some schools do want more..chikena!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by newacca: 5:20pm On Apr 26, 2013
Hello House,
Does anyone know if I can pay Uni-Assist fee by Bank transfer from my € Domiciliary account? I do not have anyone to help me pay via credit card.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 10:24pm On Apr 26, 2013
newacca: Hello House,
Does anyone know if I can pay Uni-Assist fee by Bank transfer from my € Domiciliary account? I do not have anyone to help me pay via credit card.

Yes you can pay them from your Dorm account,Make sure you transfer the exact charges so that they can process your admission,Make sure you send them a copy of your bank teller for confirmation.I think the transfer charges from any bank is inbetween 10k sha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.