Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,254 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:34 AM

The Gospel According To Joagbaje - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Gospel According To Joagbaje (7756 Views)

Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / Beware Of The Gospel According To The New Age Movement (part 2) / The Gospel According To Judas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by KunleOshob(m): 8:26pm On Jun 13, 2011
A friend of mine who sells computers in computer village Ikeja just told me that the biggest market for Ipad 2 is CEC plc. He confirmed to me that his company has sold over thirty Ipads to CEC pastors at their head office in the last one week. The "lord" is really. Doing wonders for CEC pastors whilst their members like newmumu are jumping from okada to okada.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Zikkyy(m): 8:33pm On Jun 13, 2011
JeSoul:

^Zikky, how body now? smiley

My sister, i dey kampe smiley

KunleOshob:

A friend of mine who sells computers in computer village Ikeja just told me that the biggest market for Ipad 2 is CEC plc.

You dey spoil business for your friend with this disclosure be that smiley

Edit: maybe it's for an upcoming promo grin e.g. pay your tithe consistently for six months and qualify for the grand draw; first prize is ipad grin or win ten customers 'souls' over to cec and qualify for the mega draw; first prize, ipad grin
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by JeSoul(f): 8:37pm On Jun 13, 2011
^is this user ID meant to jab Deepsight? (DS who did you vex lately?) you're def not a newbie. Spill the beans dude, who are you?
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Zikkyy(m): 8:48pm On Jun 13, 2011
JeSoul:

^is this user ID meant to jab Deepsight? (DS who did you vex lately?) you're def not a newbie. Spill the beans dude, who are you?

You probably achieve better result torturing DS himself grin i also believe he is not a newbie, appears friendly though smiley probably won't do much damage to the site.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by aletheia(m): 10:58pm On Jun 13, 2011
Ðip▓§hïtë = Deepsight

It's a joke arising from this thread
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by DeepSight(m): 11:09pm On Jun 13, 2011
JeSoul:

Zikkyy:

You probably achieve better result torturing DS himself grin i also believe he is not a newbie, appears friendly though smiley probably won't do much damage to the site.

I have no idea who the person is, or what he seeks to acheive. Nor could I be bothered.

aletheia:

Ðip▓§hïtë = Deepsight

No please, I have no idea who that user is.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by DeepSight(m): 11:24pm On Jun 13, 2011
JeSoul:

^Zikky, how body now? smiley
Honestly, I am skeptical about the "innocence of your intent" . . . considering how you've made your contempt for the christian faith well known around here. Pleading for tolerance & longsufferance in this case seems to me inconsistent and that your defending of Jo is perhaps a silent 'attack' on the virtue your known doctrinal opponents like Enigma and Nuke.

You will never know just how deeply tiring it is - this stream of continuous imputations of motives from you all. Its sickening, and wearies the spirit.

I have been more than clear and direct on my doctrinal disputations, and it is more than fantastical for you lot to think that I would need to plead tolerance for opposing views as a method to ensnare "christianity". Its laughable actually. I have more than condemned that which I see as wrong in Christian ideas for this sort of suggestion to be repeatedly made. If you are also of the view that the methods that have been adopted by your friends here are salutary, then - - - so be it! Go ahead - expose private communication as they have done. Open threads to create compendiums of the wrongs of other posters as they have done. Hurl insults as they do.

Whatever jaare.

Good night. (O, please do verify it is actually night, because since it is ol evil DS saying "Good night," he just might have an ulterior motive for that salutation, which might be directed at undermning your religion).
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by yommyuk: 11:29pm On Jun 13, 2011
Are u guys still discussing Jo? cheesy

Wonderful!
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by PastorAIO: 9:08am On Jun 14, 2011
yommyuk:

Are u guys still discussing Jo? cheesy

Wonderful!

Er, actually no, we are now discussing Ðip▓§hïtë and Deepsight's nefarious ways. 

There is something about Ðip▓§hïtë that I like.  The way he writes.  I think the only other person that shows creative writing like that, though in a different manner entirely is deepsight.  However, with Deepsight I always have my guard raised. 
Deep Sight:

You will never know just how deeply tiring it is - this stream of continuous imputations of motives from you all. Its sickening, and wearies the spirit.

I have been more than clear and direct on my doctrinal disputations, and it is more than fantastical for you lot to think that I would need to plead tolerance for opposing views as a method to ensnare "christianity". Its laughable actually. I have more than condemned that which I see as wrong in Christian ideas for this sort of suggestion to be repeatedly made. If you are also of the view that the methods that have been adopted by your friends here are salutary, then - - - so be it! Go ahead - expose private communication as they have done. Open threads to create compendiums of the wrongs of other posters as they have done. Hurl insults as they do.

Whatever jaare. 

Good night. (O, please do verify it is actually night, because since it is ol evil DS saying "Good night," he just might have an ulterior motive for that salutation, which might be directed at undermning your religion).

This sickening wearying of his spirit would suggest that he is an innocent victim and he is being unjustly treated. 

I would need to plead tolerance for opposing views as a method to ensnare "christianity". Its laughable actually. I have more than condemned that which I see as wrong in Christian ideas for this sort of suggestion to be repeatedly made.

Can anyone spot the humungous contradictions in the first sentence of the above quote and the last sentence.  Please could someone ask the Deepsight how he tolerates opposing views and condemns christian ideas in the same breath. 

Go ahead - expose private communication as they have done.
I can tell you why I am particularly closed off to Deepsight, but it would involve exposing private communication.  I made it clear here that I am not interested in meeting anyone on NL privately, in the real world.  However when someone asks repeatedly, banging on and says that there is something really private they want to ask you . . . , Well, knock and it shall be opened to you, Jesus said.
So I create an email account to find out what this very important private communication is all about.  Only to be met with a sulking disappointment that I am so determined to maintain my privacy.  No important communication was presented.  It all turned out to be guile.  It is always Guile.  Guile, guile and more guile with this guy. 
'Like rat dey do, corner corner, passi passi, in i in i, out-i out-i'. 
What is so difficult about respecting the position that I've openly declared that I want to maintain regarding my privacy?  I find it astounding that someone should decide that they will not respect that and try to find a way around it. 
If I did meet this guy it would probably be traumatic for me.  I would constantly have to keep watching my back.  I wouldn't know what he was trying to pull the minute I looked away.  I probably wouldn't even be able to blink. 

And this guile is evidenced in almost every discussion you have with him.  You can say, 'The Sky is Blue'.
And he will respond, 'yes, so you're saying that heaven is blue'.
'No!', you respond, 'I said the SKY is blue'.
He says, 'point to the sky'
You point upwards
He says, 'point to heaven'
you point upwards
'your pointing was the same each time, so you accede (or some such grammar. accede or assent . . or  . . .) that the sky is heaven'
If you are weak a enough to agree, then he will hit you with the killer blow.
'Look at these pictures of the milky way which is in heaven and tell me whether you see any blue in the picture'.   shocked

Always interpreting and extrapolating, and protracting what other people are saying until it becomes meaningless.  When I insist that what I say should be taken at face-value, please what it is is what it is, don't tell me what it implies, or what else it means.  When I say the Sky is blue, I mean the SKY is blue.  I don't care what else you understand about the word 'sky'.  Sky is sky and nothing else.  If you don't understand sky then lets leave the conversation.

1 Like

Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Enigma(m): 9:33am On Jun 14, 2011
It may seem that one/we are turning on Deep Sight but I think the whole foregoing context from page 5 of this thread requires this post especially for the sake of newcomers.

While Deep Sight is making out on this thread that he is "neutral" I think Jesoul had it right: also, I believe that he was going on about "motive" because of his own guilty conscience. After all, having been challenged and exposed for his antagonism to Christianity as Deep Sight, he used a fake second ID (PLASOTLE) to start slightly disguised attacks on Christianity. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-598421.0.html

When his double ID was exposed, he did not have the integrity to apologise; at least, he didn't lie about it though he just grinned and try to laugh it off in a subsequent thread.

Moreover, he has always aligned with Joagbaje when several other Christians were pointing out that Joagbaje was butchering traditionally understood Christian doctrine; and, in doing so, sought to use Joagbaje's doctrine to put the rest of Christianity to ridicule; worse, he does it with rudeness, incivility and even maybe worst the arrogance that comes with a little learning.

This is why for the most part, I try not to get involved with him even when he does say something I agree with (occasionally).
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by DeepSight(m): 10:49am On Jun 14, 2011
Pastor AIO:

I can tell you why I am particularly closed off to Deepsight, but it would involve exposing private communication. I made it clear here that I am not interested in meeting anyone on NL privately, in the real world. However when someone asks repeatedly, banging on and says that there is something really private they want to ask you . . . , Well, knock and it shall be opened to you, Jesus said.
So I create an email account to find out what this very important private communication is all about. Only to be met with a sulking disappointment that I am so determined to maintain my privacy. No important communication was presented. It all turned out to be guile. It is always Guile. Guile, guile and more guile with this guy.
'Like rat dey do, corner corner, passi passi, in i in i, out-i out-i'.
What is so difficult about respecting the position that I've openly declared that I want to maintain regarding my privacy? I find it astounding that someone should decide that they will not respect that and try to find a way around it.

This is truly beyond tragic. Words cannot express my shock. I see we have descended into a whirlpool of a sort that beats comprehension.

Given that Pastor AIO has elected to publicise an email i sent to him; I will - ONLY in order to keep the record straight and open and clear: and to avoid any undue smear on my name, and also to rebutt the claim that I had no inquiry in mind therein, I reproduce below the FULL TEXT of the email I sent to him. I do this because he has already told a full story about that email, making unsalutary accusations therein.

It reads -

Hello Pastor AIO! The Dynamo!

How are you doing? A Happy thnaksgiving to you (if you are in the states).

I see you are obsessive about your privacy. That is understandable: but neednt always be the case.

I find your mind most interesting and engaging: and your insights more so - and would very much want to be acquainted: to the extent that you might not imagine this to be a terrorist plot of some advanced sort liable to bring about the end of the free world.

Particularly I would be interested to know if you have ever practiced IFA.

Cheers bro.

This is the ONLY email I have ever sent to Pastor as far as I know.

This email was sent in November 2010 while I was visiting with friends in the States during Thanksgiving. I have similarly made contact with, and indeed established some friendship with some persons on this forum whose minds I respect. If there is anything untoward within the email that warrants this publication and abuse thereon, I leave that you the conscience of he who decided to ridicule me on that account.

Particularly regarding the claim that I had no inquiry, you will see above that I wished to know whether and to what extent Pastor AIO had ever practiced IFA; given his vast knowledge of the topic. I fekt he might not wish to discuss too much further detail on the forum in that regard.

I see that this has become an irretrievable and unncessary mess. I really must finally resile from this forum. I never believed this day would come.

Thank you.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by PastorAIO: 11:23am On Jun 14, 2011
That same question that has been asked of me on this forum over and over again. In fact it has been assumed by some that I am the Oluwo of all Ifa practitioners in the world. why couldn't that question have been posed to me again on NL?
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by DeepSight(m): 11:31am On Jun 14, 2011
Sir; if that is your reason for the publication of my email above, and the abuse and invective thereon, and if that sits well with you, fine - so be it. I have elected to set out the email itself for the objective to judge if there was anything untoward or objectionable about it. As you know, you did not respond, and I never once followed up on that or contacted you again.

But peace. I have elected now to cease posting on this board. I see now it is unhealthy, and breeds contempt, especially for one such as me who is prone to disagreement with convention.

Thank you for the many posts in the past in which you have educated and enriched myself and others. I can assure you I will try to remember the good, and not the ill. Good bye.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by dare2think: 11:49am On Jun 14, 2011
Such is the nature of religion. Even reasonable folks get caught up in the melée.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Zikkyy(m): 12:00pm On Jun 14, 2011
the sad bit is that 'controversy Jo' is somewhere reading this, smiling and puffing on his cuban cigar angry
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Snowwy: 12:07pm On Jun 14, 2011
Classic:

Judges 7:22

'and blew
their trumpets again. As they did, the
LORD made the enemy soldiers pull out
their swords and start fighting each
other'.

They meant it for evil but just see what it eventually turned out to be.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Zikkyy(m): 12:37pm On Jun 14, 2011
Snowwy:

They meant it for evil but just see what it eventually turned out to be.

What are you talking about
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by nuclearboy(m): 12:47pm On Jun 14, 2011
@DeepSight:

I plead that you continue to post BUT take some advice. You have stated that those you communicated with outside NL are those whose minds you respect - I and you have communicated. Same with PASTOR_AIO and a few others. If indeed you do "respect" our minds, permit me to ask then why you think we all are wrong saying this one thing about you. PASTOR_AIO's post above contains a "made up" conversation supposedly with you and I have ALMOST TO THE WORD replicated this same conversation as my grouse with you in the past. I remember the days when I bothered to open the Bible and really preach. You were one of those who made it become wearying as nothing could ever be said to make you drop pre-conceived notions. Which brings the question - do you really respect those minds? Or you just like our communication capabilities

In a way, I guess we all are like that but I can boast that I have 2ce apologized when I found I was wrong in this section.

The Gospel has ALWAYS brought rancor and here again, we see it at work. Christians have always been reviled, hated, persecuted and hunted for their belief system. But one thing that I challenge anyone to show me in God's Word is ONE Christian that was persecuted FOR lying or deceit or manipulation.

If indeed we follow Christ who was persecuted for telling painful truths and not minding whose Ox was gored (including the "big man" "MOG" Religious leaders of His days), I doubt if we'll be bothered by persecution.

Those who are persecuted for lies, deceit, fraud, manipulation, 419, theft, etc are criminals. No more & no less
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Sweetnecta: 12:58pm On Jun 14, 2011
I am grateful to Allah Who has made my heart inclined to Islam.

i am shocked how you people expose private dealings of one another to the world!

don't you people have shame to know what is private should remain so?

any who hopes that God to cover his secret on the Day of Great Assembly should be mindful not to reveal secret of others.

learn to be mindful and remember what you hope that your Creator does for you.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by edynasty: 1:22pm On Jun 14, 2011
HRH Sir Nuclearboy,  cheesy

I pray am not deemed a maudlin if i suggest that we'all are guilty of the same crime we accuse each other. Life in its entirety is more like a village of knowledge and as villagers that we are; are first made to protect the tenets of our co-existence one of which i believe is tolerance (which is an attribute of love) based on the ever learning state of man - we are wired to see things differently irrespective the subjects onhand.

When these tenets are kept in esteem then everyone feels accepted. When my persona is accepted then i sure would want to listen what you'll say. Its a phenomenon. In my petite knowledge about God I learnt we cannever fight for God nor for his truth doing so will make him less who he is and more of who we are.

@DeepSight,

Respecting 'ur decisions. . .i still wish you'ld exercise some measure of retraints on <<

I beg to stop here!
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by InesQor(m): 1:42pm On Jun 14, 2011
grin grin

Drama.  cheesy

@Sweetnecta: First, have a seat abeg \_____ <---- Sofa  grin grin grin

@Pastor AIO / Deep Sight:
To be candid, I have also communicated with Pastor AIO via email (I guess the same dummy email) too, and I asked him some questions (for my own consumption) that I obviously could not ask on NL (don't ask). He knows I'm telling the truth. In this regard, I think I understand his point because he was just as reluctant to respond to me too at the time, too; but maybe he responded because I was not attempting to intrude on his privacy or skylarking by asking the same questions I or others had already posed on NL.

Deep Sight, I think you should not leave NL if you can help it *shrugs*. If you do, please leave us a forwarding address wink

As for those being accused of using multiple IDs, I can't even say anything on that  lipsrsealed cos I'm as guilty as they come. . .  cry
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by InesQor(m): 1:50pm On Jun 14, 2011
I think Ðip▓§hïtë is female. There is only one person I know who can talk like this: it's a deliberately muffled voice behind a much more intelligent mask.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by JeSoul(f): 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2011
Oh my at all that has transpired . . . I didn't intend to 'attack' DS or open this box (and hope it didn't come off that way) but I have never been one to hold back my honest assessment.

PastorAIO, I kinda wish you didn't reveal the private communicae. You could've still made the point without it sir.

Deepsight,
don't you think you're being overly sensitive? For someone as learned and intelligent as you, this is a marketplace of ideas and personalities, if you cannot learn to take criticism with a pinch of salt and pepper then I dunno what to say. In this same forum I have praised, lauded and shown immense respect to you - you didn't complain then. Even recently, I made a point to contribute on your threads as a show that there are no hard feelings in spite of all our differences, you didn't complain then. But a word of criticism and you're all up in arms.

You're just upset right now. Go have a glass of that beer you're always having and come back after you've calmed down. Contrary to what you might think, nobody is your enemy here.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by DeepSight(m): 2:06pm On Jun 14, 2011
^Criticism, I have abundantly lived with - you know that. No worries there. But this new turn of insults based on revelations of private communications is just beneath all dignity and gentlemanliness. As it happens, the communication is open above. I just can't believe anyone would do that, and its clear that participation here has become unhealthy. That is the reason. Enough said.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by JeSoul(f): 2:18pm On Jun 14, 2011
InesQor:

I think Ðip▓§hïtë is female. There is only one person I know who can talk like this: it's a deliberately muffled voice behind a much more intelligent mask.
Female? there aren't too many female posters in this section . . .
Zikkyy:

the sad bit is that 'controversy Jo' is somewhere reading this, smiling and puffing on his cuban cigar angry
Nah Zikky, that's fine. Jo could certainly use a break/rest from all the fire lol. Honestly, I believe that deep down, Jo is a 'good' guy with 'good intentions' . . . just a 'little' bit off with the doctrine.

Deep Sight:

^Criticism, I have abundantly lived with - you know that. No worries there. But this new turn of insults based on revelations of private communications is just beneath all dignity and gentlemanliness. As it happens, the communication is open above. I just can't believe anyone would do that, and its clear that participation here has become unhealthy. That is the reason. Enough said.
On that I agree that private should for the most part remain private and I'm sure PastorAIO - for all that we have come to know and love about him - did not intend to insult you and I daresay wishes he didn't reveal as much as he did.

I personally hope that you will find it in strength of spirit to look beyond anything that has hurt you in this thread and stick around. Its only one private email that has surfaced on you now isn't it? Everyone else is talking NL. In spite of what 'christians' as a whole think of you in this section, you are one of the most valuable posters here . . . and I say so just as honestly as I laid out my criticisms.

And like I said initially, if my skepticism was out of place, please ignore them. I (and everyone else) am certainly not without my shortcomings on NL.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by PastorAIO: 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2011
I really don't get this bother about private emails.  If someone sends you an email and you bring it up here how is that wrong, especially if it is pertinent to the discussion.  Did the email contain personal secrets?  Did he ask me not to reveal what he had wrote in it? 

This is the first time that I'm hearing such a big deal being made about private emails.  In fact my point by bringing up the private mail Deepsight wrote to me was partly to express my lack of appreciation for the whole drama of talking about private communications.

What if Joagbaje had written to Nuclear asking him to murder someone for a fee, and Nuclear had gone to the police with the information?  Would that have been despicable of Nuclear? 
What about if I and DeepSight had met physically and he told me something face to face which I then later brought up on the forum.  Eg. by saying, "Ah ah, Deepsight, Didn't you say last night that so so so so so and so".  Would that be despicable?  Please I don't get it.  What is so wrong with discussing private conversations here?  Even Sweetnecta is bangin on about it, which only convinces me that it's got to be nonsensical.

InesQor:

@Pastor AIO / Deep Sight:
To be candid, I have also communicated with Pastor AIO via email (I guess the same dummy email) too, and I asked him some questions (for my own consumption) that I obviously could not ask on NL (don't ask). He knows I'm telling the truth. In this regard, I think I understand his point because he was just as reluctant to respond to me too at the time, too; but maybe he responded because I was not attempting to intrude on his privacy or skylarking by asking the same questions I or others had already posed on NL.

Bingo!!  The vibe I got from Deepsight's email was that he was disappointed that I created an account just so to talk to him.

I see you are obsessive about your privacy. That is understandable: but neednt always be the case.

. . . After all I'd said about not wanting to be contacted it was only at that point that he could see that I was obsessive about my privacy.  Wasn't it obvious since we started communicating here on NL, why did he feel the need to keep going on about it? 

I do not dislike Deepsight.  Like I've said before, I find him extremely infuriating.  I manage better when I don't take our communications so seriously, but every now and again I forget that it's Deepsight that I'm talking to and I start to try to make meaningful points only to end up with a splitting headache. 

He has come here citing Just World Hypothesis to excuse away Prosperity Gospel.  I know this is just an intellectual exercise for him and he is just having fun, but the problem with his fun is that there are real victims at stake.  Lives are destroyed.  And I personally find victim blaming contemptible. 

Fact is, I have a lot of respect for M_Nwankwo, but this is the one point since the time we've started communicating that I have been most at odds with him.  We discussed it very early on in our communications. 

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-124348.32.html#msg2143447

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-124348.32.html#msg2143506

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-124348.32.html#msg2144604

m_nwankwo:

1. Spontaneity when observed in physical and no physical events  is because the time lapse between action and reaction is so fast that the end of action or actions dovetails with the beginning of a reaction

Do you believe in free Will?  Do you think that we actually have choices?  Free Will is directly opposed to determinism. If nothing is free from deterministic laws then the decisions that we make are mere products of our history.  We are bound to make the choices we make by our circumstances.  However if you believe that we can choose our futures based on faculties that are not influenced by our history then that means that we can supercede Causality.

M_Nwankwo and I had thrashed out this issue very early on in our talks.  The implications of his position, in my opinion, are very grave.

Why make social laws?  If everybody gets what they deserve, then the person that gets attacked by Armed Robbers deserved it and there is no need to make laws to prevent it, or to have a police force.  If a woman gets raped then she had it coming.  etc etc etc.  This is called the Just World Hypothesis and though it cannot be refuted it's implications are very dangerous. 

I personally believe that Sh_t Happens.  Call me a Sh_t-Happens-ist.  Events occur without just cause.  This is evident, for example, in the story of Job.  What did Job do to deserve all that happened to him? 

If you don't believe that you can be going your own way, the jeje way, and then out of nowhere some mad dog will just rush out and find your trouble, totally mess up your setting then it can't be Nigeria that you're living in.  I call Nigeria the land of JUSTLIKETHAT.  Where thing can happen 'just like that'.  Anyway, I'm meandering now . . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by InesQor(m): 3:53pm On Jun 14, 2011
Pastor AIO:

If you don't believe that you can be going your own way, the jeje way, and then out of nowhere some mad dog will just rush out and find your trouble, totally mess up your setting then it can't be Nigeria that you're living in.  I call Nigeria the land of JUSTLIKETHAT.  Where thing can happen 'just like that'.  Anyway, I'm meandering now . . .
LMAOOOOO!!!!!  cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by JeSoul(f): 3:59pm On Jun 14, 2011
Pastor AIO:

I personally believe that Sh_t Happens.  Call me a Sh_t-Happens-ist. 
lol. I will.

Well, honestly, many thanks for explaining your point of view Pastor - I do agree its not always eggregious revealing offline communications, but in this (DS's) instance, oga, I think you could've restrained just a tad bit. But nevertheless, issall good ehn. And as I originally said, I don't blame anyone but Joagbaje for all the fire and brimstone being rained down on him.

Since we're revealing offline stuff . . . me self I have a revelation . . . I have never talked with PastorAIO offline cheesy Once I track down his IP address and therefore location, that will change cool.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by InesQor(m): 4:09pm On Jun 14, 2011
@JeSoul:

It's very easy to spoof IP addresses nowadays, you know?
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Zikkyy(m): 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2011
InesQor:

Ðip▓§hïtë is definitely male smiley probably somebody not happy with DS smiley
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by mnwankwo(m): 4:29pm On Jun 14, 2011
M_Nwankwo and I had thrashed out this issue very early on in our talks.  The implications of his position, in my opinion, are very grave.

Why make social laws?  If everybody gets what they deserve, then the person that gets attacked by Armed Robbers deserved it and there is no need to make laws to prevent it, or to have a police force.  If a woman gets violated then she had it coming.  etc etc etc.  This is called the Just World Hypothesis and though it cannot be refuted it's implications are very dangerous.  

I personally believe that Sh_t Happens.  Call me a Sh_t-Happens-ist.  Events occur without just cause.  This is evident, for example, in the story of Job.  What did Job do to deserve all that happened to him?  

If you don't believe that you can be going your own way, the jeje way, and then out of nowhere some mad dog will just rush out and find your trouble, totally mess up your setting then it can't be Nigeria that you're living in.  I call Nigeria the land of JUSTLIKETHAT.  Where thing can happen 'just like that'.  Anyway, I'm meandering now . . .

Hi Pastor. Yes, we have as you pointed out debated the issue. I maintain that there is nothing without a cause. To transcend causality in my view does not exist. Events that appear not to have causality only appears so but it is not real. It only appears so because observers of such an event are within the event and thus cannot see outside or beyond that event. Only the man at the top of Oshodi bridge will see the chaos below him in the mad movement of the people to and fro. He who is within this movement will not see it. Even the story of Job have its cause. I believe that  what ever happens or will happen to a person is a consequence of their free will. The expressions of your free will is dependent on you but the reciprocal actions arising from them is determined by the immutable laws of God. Thus you cannot sow yam and expect beans at harvest time just because you have heard that the price of beans have suddenly skyrocketed. Neither will  you be certified a surgeon when you did not attend the training and proved your competence. As it is in these earthly matters, so is it spiritually. The implication of my stand is that God has given man the ability to raise himself to heaven or drag himself to hell. As men stir there ship of life, so will it glid through the waters of life. Grace which many think is undeserved is actually deserved; it is simply the fruitification of seeds sown in earlier or present incarnations which the recipients are unconscious of the sowing in the earthly sense. Spiritual guides see these fruits and by guidance help to bring about circumstances in which the recipients reap the fruits. Since the recipients are unaware of the these fruits as well as the guidance in an earthly sense, they conclude that it is undeserved. The same principle underlines what we regard as misfortune. Someday, the bandage will fall from there eyes and they can trace with mathematical accuracy the causalities that resulted in the grace. As always, stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by MyJoe: 4:39pm On Jun 14, 2011
m_nwankwo:

Spiritual guides see these fruits and by guidance help to bring about circumstances in which the recipients reap the fruits. 
Would you be so kind to explain the above? Who are these guides capable of doing this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. / Michael Faraday Believed In GOD, So Why Do Atheists Use Electricity / Pastor Chris Crying Profusely While Preaching:"jesus Is Coming Very Soon" -VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.