Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,341 members, 7,934,303 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 11:17 PM

Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. (22388 Views)

Help : Zenith Bank Refused To Recall Erroneous Transfer To Opay / First Bank Stress. Must I Bear The Cost Of Erroneous Credit To My Account? / EFCC Arraigns Polaris Bank Official For N12.6m Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by antzlaive(m): 8:57am On Feb 04, 2022
Ayade is the Ultimate
Antoeni:
List of 5 worst Governors in Nigeria

1. Dr Okezie Ikpeazu
2. All Yahaya Bello
3. Ortom
4. Godwin Obaseki
5. Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu

Dr Okezie Ikpeazu Will Top it Whether in Ascending or Descending Order.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by dontbothermuch: 8:58am On Feb 04, 2022
But before transferring the money, didn't you see the name of the person? I don't understand.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by MufasaLion: 8:58am On Feb 04, 2022
Osilama1:
I have an issue sent mail to CBN since no reply...

That's sad. I hope they revert back to you soon.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by mrksquare: 8:58am On Feb 04, 2022
stanleyravos:
Just go and get a court order, serve the bank you will get your money! Mind you the court will take 10% of the said amount

A court order or an affidavit of claim of ownership of the said money?

A court order means that a judge will have to look into the issue in it's merit. And the claimant will have to contract the service of a lawyer. All these for 30k
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Zino1011(m): 8:58am On Feb 04, 2022
Quantumheight:

The bank has no right to touch or transfer the funds to you unless the person visit d bank and told to transfer the funds back to you.the bank has placed a lein on d account and the owner of d account can't make use of d bank unless he visit d bank.thsts why they asked you to pray
They will if the recipient refuse to show up after a while
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by darocha1: 8:59am On Feb 04, 2022
Righteousness2:
When the word of GOD tells you " Prayer is the Key" ! You think it's a Joke.

You need to Heed to their Admonishment and go and Pray, because the bank will not make transfer for the guy. They have done what they are to do which is to block the guy's account.

You need to Go pray that the guy visits the bank , so he can be made to refund your money.

Crazy as it seems , I must say this man here has said it all.
The only solution is for you to PRAY.

If you push your luck too far, the bank will remove the post no debit (pnd) on the guy's account and tell you that the 'confirm account' button on the app/internet banking is there for avoidance of cases as this .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Efenaira(m): 9:00am On Feb 04, 2022
Macolapablo:
Good afternoon comrades. Please, forgive me if I am in the wrong section.

I made an Erroneous Transfer on the 6th of January from my Gtbank account to another Gtbank account. I went to the bank to complain and I was given a form to fill. Infact, I was told the account has been blocked so there's no way the owner can withdraw the money. I was expecting the customer care official to move my money back since it has been verified that I did the transfer truely.

The funniest reply I got was that I should go and pray to God to touch the owner of the account. ABEG, WETIN CONCERN GOD with transfer? Please, any idea how I can get my money back?. Your advice will be appreciated. It's just 30k

My 25k still they air after much investigation for many months , they later told me that I should go and bring court order, I just tire for them and leave the money for them
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Trainee223: 9:01am On Feb 04, 2022
badoh:

Some of you just think everything is about sending mail to CPD of CBN for resolution. In this instance, it's either he gets a court order mandating the Bank to reverse the sum without recourse to the Account holder or the Bank can also get in touch with the Account holder by getting his written consent to reverse the sum.

Even court don't just give straight order for money to be transferred back like that. The court will just mandate the bank to place lien and contact the account holder the money was transferred to and if it exceed a period of time before the court will then order for the arrest of the account holder. Court Don't just give order anyhow, the account holder (beneficiary of the erroneous transfer) must consent if not it just the lien that will be on that particular money till eternity

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by bethyz(m): 9:01am On Feb 04, 2022
My husband made such mistake . He mistakenly paid 365,0000 to someone's account since last year. Bank. Did not do anything. They just said they have blocked the account and that was it. Last week my husband went and got court order . Excalated the case on their online platform tag CBN and all. So he was told to go to the bank and submit the original copy of court order. When he got to the bank the were asking is it him they started apologizing. Now submitting this court order they will go to the court to confirm it's from them do some necessary things. Cause bank cannot take money from anybody account with proper court order. The person can decide to sue the bank.
So they gave him 7days for the money to be returned.
In order words get a court order go online lay a complain tag CBN and do the rest hopefully you get your money

2 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Osilama1: 9:02am On Feb 04, 2022
MufasaLion:

That's sad. I hope they revert back to you soon.
I just de confused the thing don affect me now... Anyone supporting so called Yahoo hustle guys don't know wassup banks and CBN have to come up with mechanism to track funds and arrest these evil guys...
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Lekan239(m): 9:03am On Feb 04, 2022
Babalakin:
send them an email and tell them if nothing is done within 3 days you will contact the consumer protection department of CBN.. they will sharply send you your money. That's the trick grin
an ATM didn't dispense money for me when I tried withdrawing on 24th and was debited, called my bank to inform them about the situation, two days later I called them again, all they could come with was the said bank I use the ATM said the transaction was successful. 10k will just go like that. They said they will ask for some more evidence from the bank, What should I threatened them with? So I will get my money back.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by yusluvad(m): 9:05am On Feb 04, 2022
Where you lots are making mistake is that, the receiving account is a limited account with a maximum deposit of 20k as the limit, and that 30k as exceeded the deposit limit. That's why the account was blocked immediately the money enters it, long before the sender file a report at the bank.

If not for that, he/she would have withdrawn the 30k instantly... cool cool
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by kolexy(m): 9:05am On Feb 04, 2022
Macolapablo:

I made an Erroneous Transfer on the 6th of January from my Gtbank account to another Gtbank account. I went to the bank to complain and I was given a form to fill. Infact, I was told the account has been blocked so there's no way the owner can withdraw the money. I was expecting the customer care official to move my money back since it has been verified that I did the transfer truely.

The funniest reply I got was that I should go and pray to God to touch the owner of the account. ABEG, WETIN CONCERN GOD with transfer? Please, any idea how I can get my money back?. Your advice will be appreciated. It's just 30k

Really want Banks to move money from the account of customers? The Bank has done the best they could given the circumstances. Bank are not able and must not be able to transfer money out of customers' accounts.

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by yusluvad(m): 9:07am On Feb 04, 2022
Zino1011:
They will if the recipient refuse to show up after a while
See ignorance, the bank will never touch that money...

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by DemMannaScam: 9:08am On Feb 04, 2022
Pray against the spirit of error

So you won't do another erroneous transfer

Macolapablo:

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by yusluvad(m): 9:15am On Feb 04, 2022
oke2018:
Why must everything be difficult in our country,
How dear ? He made the mistake with his own bare hands...

2 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by jimter44(m): 9:20am On Feb 04, 2022
Get a court order within your area of residence to order the bank to reverse the money to your account.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Godmademan(m): 9:20am On Feb 04, 2022
Macolapablo:

You may have put that man in a precarious position and yet come hear to complain. There are many prompts when trying to transfer so as to ensure your are transferring the right amount and to the right person but Nigerians are too careless.

Two possible scenarios are that in one instance the recipient may not have had anything in his account prior to that transaction. Suddenly he received a miracle alert of 30k, the devil will whisper to his ears to withdraw sharp sharp. On the other hand, the recipient may be in a remote location where access to banks is limited. He may have to cover quite a distance to visit the bank, so it might not be a priority move for him at the moment. He'll only go at his convenience.

Bottomline now is that you have gotten his account blocked for no fault of his.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by ImaIma1(f): 9:20am On Feb 04, 2022
Macolapablo:

The bank do not have the authorization to make a transfer from a customer's account. The best they can do is what they have done; to put a lien so that he won't be able to use the account until he visits the bank.

They cannot go and forcefully drag him to the bank since he didn't commit any crime. So you just have to hope and pray he visits the bank soon. Or that he is forthcoming when the bank calls him.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by JoshuaSG: 9:23am On Feb 04, 2022
"The bank official is right, no bank will just debit another customer without consent. That is the reason why he said you should pray.

The other way is to get a court order. Without a court order, you will have to wait till the person signs a consensual agreement to refund the money.

If not people will abuse it na, you can make a payment to me after buying something and later go to bank to say the transfer was an error."

On the above, I'm not sure that is the position always. I once received a wrong credit (18k) into my account. I didn't notify the bank because I thought one of clients/biz partners might have done that and will notify me later. My account was not blocked, but at the month end, the bank reversed the credit.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 04, 2022
Antoeni:

1. Dr Okezie Ikpeazu
2. All Yahaya Bello
3. Ortom
4. Godwin Obaseki
5. Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by McLizbae: 9:28am On Feb 04, 2022
You are funny, you boldly talk as if you know anything. CBN can do no shit if you use your hand authorize a transaction on your account. The bank has done what they can in their benevolence.
Babalakin:
send them an email and tell them if nothing is done within 3 days you will contact the consumer protection department of CBN.. they will sharply send you your money. That's the trick grin
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by olabrad: 9:28am On Feb 04, 2022
Righteousness2:
When the word of GOD tells you " Prayer is the Key" ! You think it's a Joke.

You need to Heed to their Admonishment and go and Pray, because the bank will not make transfer for the guy. They have done what they are to do which is to block the guy's account.

You need to Go pray that the guy visits the bank , so he can be made to refund your money.

Does it not surprise you that oyinbos never pray before things get done, but you black.man has to pray for things to get done?
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by femak44(m): 9:32am On Feb 04, 2022
Even as the bank has block the account, the do not have the right to debit the person except the account owner authorize such. so until the person comes to authorize the transaction, your money will remain in that account.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by kachistone: 9:39am On Feb 04, 2022
OP, just send a mail to complaints@gtbank.com so that a CRM can be generated for you.

The bank will acknowledge receipt and tell you the time frame it will take for it to be resolved. If it isn't resolved within the stated time, then petition CBN via cpd@cbn.gov.ng and the money will be sent asap.

I transferred some money on the 27th of December, 2021 and it didn't reflect on my Barter app. I sent a mail and DM via Twitter to them and they promised to resolve it. I complained severally via mails but it wasn't resolved and the time allotted had passed. I just sent a mail to CBN on the 1st of February and I got a reversal the next day.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Moredanaconquer: 9:39am On Feb 04, 2022
Go get court order ASAP
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by IVORY2009(m): 9:41am On Feb 04, 2022
Macolapablo:
Bro, thanks very much but if it takes the guy a year then I have to wait. Nah wah oh.
You have to please join me in prayers o. Thanks once again bro

quote author=Righteousness2 post=109892705]When the word of GOD tells you " Prayer is the Key" ! You think it's a Joke.

grin grin grin
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by dokyOloye: 9:42am On Feb 04, 2022
Antoeni:

1. Dr Okezie Ikpeazu
2. All Yahaya Bello
3. Ortom
4. Godwin Obaseki
5. Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu

Oyetola and the Dundee United in Ogun state,are they better than Ikpeazu?
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by sirwilson(m): 9:43am On Feb 04, 2022

1. Yahaya Bello
2. Dr Okezie Ikpeazu
3. Ortom
4. Godwin Obaseki
5. Yahaya Bello

Yahaya Bello Will Top it Whether in Ascending or Descending Order.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by sexyking1: 9:43am On Feb 04, 2022
Fibonacci88:
Go and get a court order if u want ur money transferred back without recourse to the initial beneficiary. U don't expect d bank to just debit someone else acc just because u made an erroneous transfer. The best they can do is lien d acc and contact the customer. I have been I this situation and that what d bank did for me. U lucky it's an internal transfer sef.
oga going by the court, the person that received the money has every right to say he will not transfer the money. You made an erroneous transfer to possibly a business account, the person can tell you he is expecting that amount from a customer
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by IVORY2009(m): 9:44am On Feb 04, 2022
Quantumheight:

The bank has no right to touch or transfer the funds to you unless the person visit d bank and told to transfer the funds back to you.the bank has placed a lein on d account and the owner of d account can't make use of d bank unless he visit d bank.thsts why they asked you to pray

The question is what if the said account holder is deceased, in otherwords the poster has to keep praying for him or her to resurrect.....
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by alizma: 9:45am On Feb 04, 2022
Babalakin:
What nonsense advise is this? He will contact consumer bla bla and tell the consumer whatever that the bank advised him to do the transfer or what?
In fact, the beneficiary of the wrong transfer has more right to sue the bank should that money be reversed without his knowledge than the person who did the transfer.
You want the bank to just reverse the money like that? That means I can buy goods/service from you, transfer money and once you deliver the goods/service, I will go to my bank and tell them I mistakenly transferred money to someone.
I hope you know the implication of that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ex-minister Dalhatu’s Firm, Chicken Republic Owners, Others Owe UBA N9.3bn / Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) / Naira Watch: Naira Appreciates To N420/$

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.